Author Topic: Jarell Quansah  (Read 111167 times)

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Re: Jarell Quansah
« Reply #240 on: September 18, 2023, 09:28:07 am »
Early days. I don't disagree too much with what what you say, but I think that Nat and Rhys are thought of as past options, Sepp and Billy maybe still have something to offer. Klopp spoke about Billy in glowing terms before, not sure what he thinks now. Sepp may still become a very good CB even though he may have missed the boat... I think that when Rhys came into the team, the excitement was similar to what we see now with Jarell. We shouldn't get carried away, and we should give them time to show what they are capable of.

I think Quansah has already shown more potential than any of those you mention. I don’t recall seeing the kind of potential or excitement around Williams. They all had their time and place and did a job for us. Sorry if that sounds like I’m underselling them (I probably am) but I’m just trying to emphasise how much more potential to reach the kind of level we’d be looking for Quansah has.

He seems to have all the tools to me. I haven’t seen enough of Colwill to be sure but I’d imagine they’re quite similar types - Strong, natural ball playing CB, so perhaps we’ve saved ourselves a lot of money.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #241 on: September 18, 2023, 09:31:31 am »
I was mightily impressed with Jarell against Wolves. He looked really good, read the play well, confident on the ball, didn't look fazed by anything. He's only 20! Still got lots of time to improve. Really excited about this lad.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #242 on: September 18, 2023, 03:42:20 pm »
Early days. I don't disagree too much with what what you say, but I think that Nat and Rhys are thought of as past options, Sepp and Billy maybe still have something to offer. Klopp spoke about Billy in glowing terms before, not sure what he thinks now. Sepp may still become a very good CB even though he may have missed the boat... I think that when Rhys came into the team, the excitement was similar to what we see now with Jarell. We shouldn't get carried away, and we should give them time to show what they are capable of.

I think Billy never really looked comfortable in an in-game situation whenever he played, even in pre-season. Sometimes players can be like that. Given him and Jarrel are the same age, I think Jarrel.is now more likely to earn that place. Not saying Billy wont too, because he is only a couple months older than Jarell, he has time to improve himself. It's only that at this point, Jarell seems to be the one that has the attention and opportunity. With Sepp, I think injuries have ruined his chances because he was absolutely adored during his PNE loan and seemed like a proper player who could/should play at this level.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: September 18, 2023, 03:47:59 pm »
I know people like to remark at how young this lad is, but let's not forget that Trent was only 20 when we won Big Ears. Being that good at such an early edge shouldn't really be a shock for us. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #244 on: September 18, 2023, 03:52:20 pm »
I know people like to remark at how young this lad is, but let's not forget that Trent was only 20 when we won Big Ears. Being that good at such an early edge shouldn't really be a shock for us. ;D
And Trent got his chance because we had a 'crisis' at Right Back, Clyne with his never-ending injury (or whatever it was, I remember the rumours doing the rounds were multiform and insane :) ). So maybe a bit of 'crisis' is a good thing to allow a young player to grab his chance, stake his claim and never look back.

Blah blah blah shambles, blah blah blah criminal negligence etc etc
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #245 on: September 18, 2023, 03:54:18 pm »
Nah, I'm not having that. Not after all the negativity we had to endure all off-season long.
I've had enough.

He was clearly going to feature in the first team in premier league games this season. In hindsight, it's one of the reasons we didn't sign a CB- despite what some of us wanted the club to do.
Klopp knew this of course- he knew he had a CB who could cut it and who he had plans for. We just knew better.

We weren't "forced" into playing him. Konate was on the bench- Klopp just chose him cause he was in his plans anyway.
Don't think so? Then why didn't Konate start over him? Klopp had an easy choice- start a staple of the first team or Quansah.
He wasn't FORCED at all. Jarell could have gotten 10 minutes at the end, but Klopp clearly didn't see it that way, and he was clearly not in a position where his hand was forced. He included the lad in the squad- having seen enough of him last season, so Jarell's assessment would've been made before or at the start of pre-season.

In any case, the ice was broken at Newcastle already- after Virgil's red card.
There's no way back now for Jarell. The fact he cut it easily with flying colors at Newcastle, down to 10 men, and a full debut against Wolves AWAY, where we were way below sorts for a large part of the first half and recording stats like the below, means we can bring him on in just about any game:

- 91 touches
- 96% pass completion
- accurately placed all three of his attempted long balls, as per Sofascore.
- won three out of his four ground duels
- made three tackles
- two interceptions
- only dribbled past once

He's a first team regular now.

Totally

Let's not forget Klopp brought him on at Newcastle for Matip when we were 1-0 down (and for his Debut), if he did not have confidence in him I'm sure Matip had enough to stay on.

Without resurrecting the transfer thread, we need to remember;

Klopp knows things we don't, that includes who is coming through

It's not always best to spend £50m to get a decent player, sometimes local lads can do the business (see Alexander-Arnold and Jones). At least Jarell has an exotic sounding name which some people like (albeit having an exotic name in Warrington works two ways)

p.s. Look at page 19 below
https://www.rainhillhighschool.org.uk/uploads/PDFs/Magazine.pdf

What are your ambitions in your sport? To be the best centre back in the world. To win a World Cup and a Champions League. At least one individual award (albeit he admired Sergio Ramos in 2018)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #246 on: September 18, 2023, 05:06:03 pm »
He's certainly looking the part, and even more satisfying that he's an academy lad who came through the ranks.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #247 on: September 18, 2023, 05:12:42 pm »
And Trent got his chance because we had a 'crisis' at Right Back, Clyne with his never-ending injury (or whatever it was, I remember the rumours doing the rounds were multiform and insane :) ). So maybe a bit of 'crisis' is a good thing to allow a young player to grab his chance, stake his claim and never look back.

Blah blah blah shambles, blah blah blah criminal negligence etc etc
Totally. I remember the excitement when Trent first broke through into the team, and he never looked back. But for me, if Jarell indeed establishes himself as a top CB this season, it may be argued that it's even higher achievement. Young CBs are rarely given the chance to play there in a senior teams, rather they are first deployed as full backs (like Gomez). The CB position comes with greater responsibility, so for him to be trusted there even as a sub is an achievement in itself, let alone starting a PL game.

I hope Quansah takes his chance, he seems to have all the tools indeed. Well, maybe he won't have Big Ears to lift above his head, but that other trophy ain't that bad either. :)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #248 on: September 18, 2023, 06:10:24 pm »
the PL trophy?  I agree.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #249 on: September 18, 2023, 06:45:05 pm »

Totally

Let's not forget Klopp brought him on at Newcastle for Matip when we were 1-0 down (and for his Debut), if he did not have confidence in him I'm sure Matip had enough to stay on.

Without resurrecting the transfer thread, we need to remember;

Klopp knows things we don't, that includes who is coming through

It's not always best to spend £50m to get a decent player, sometimes local lads can do the business (see Alexander-Arnold and Jones). At least Jarell has an exotic sounding name which some people like (albeit having an exotic name in Warrington works two ways)

p.s. Look at page 19 below
https://www.rainhillhighschool.org.uk/uploads/PDFs/Magazine.pdf

What are your ambitions in your sport? To be the best centre back in the world. To win a World Cup and a Champions League. At least one individual award (albeit he admired Sergio Ramos in 2018)

I'm happy with having Quansah as part of the squad. My concern with our younger players isn't so much ability but our ability to keep them fit which then leaves the ssquad short. Bajcetic did a great job for a few games and then he's injured for 6 months (was also out for long term not long before that). Bradley looked solid at the start of pre-season then he's out long term. Ramsay was basically injured all last season. Jones missed large parts of the last 2 seasons. Kaide Gordon didn't kick a ball for 18 months. Gomez has had bad injury after bad injury. Brewster looked the part then was out injured for 2 seasons. Layton Stewart simiilar or Glatzel. It's insane really.

We're great at harnessing talent and potential, but it's whether we can keep them fit. That was key with Trent.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: September 19, 2023, 02:28:06 am »
Couldn't find an all-touch of his full debut, but this has some of it:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3XdKTpEzStI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3XdKTpEzStI</a>

And a take from RedmenTV:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ejmxr8CA5ik" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ejmxr8CA5ik</a>

Did someone say that he is not good aerially?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: September 23, 2023, 06:05:49 pm »

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #252 on: September 23, 2023, 11:28:17 pm »
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #253 on: September 24, 2023, 08:07:57 am »
Anyone know if he is decent with his left foot? (not that there is anything wrong with a strong RCB... could have better balance with leftie coming through instead)?. Had been hoping he would get his chance this season.
Who would you guys say he has modelled his game after/more like? (i assume people will say VVD..)

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #254 on: September 24, 2023, 08:08:19 am »
Quansah’s progress potentially means we need one centre back next summer rather than two.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #255 on: September 27, 2023, 09:36:03 pm »
I’m really looking forward to seeing this kids progression.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: September 27, 2023, 09:37:25 pm »
This lad is a bit special int’he
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: September 27, 2023, 09:41:49 pm »
Doesn't look out of place, what a talent.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: September 27, 2023, 09:42:16 pm »
Who needs Colwill?

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #259 on: September 27, 2023, 09:42:55 pm »
Delighted with his progress. Been banging his drum for ages!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #260 on: September 27, 2023, 09:43:42 pm »
That cross field switch to Doak in the first half was brilliant.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #261 on: September 27, 2023, 09:44:34 pm »
He is why we didnt get another CB in the summer.
Really solid, great with his feet.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #262 on: September 27, 2023, 09:44:50 pm »
Imperious.

Did he put a foot wrong? Only one unimportant misplaced pass that I saw
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: September 27, 2023, 09:45:06 pm »
He's classy on the ball. Very good wing play for the third.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #264 on: September 27, 2023, 09:47:26 pm »
Imperious.

Did he put a foot wrong? Only one unimportant misplaced pass that I saw

There was one moment where a Leicester player seemed to teleport right through him and come out the other side with the ball but that's the only dodgy thing I remember, was immense otherwise.

Great to see him dribbling with his left for the Jota goal, being comfortable with both feet will help so much.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: September 27, 2023, 09:50:10 pm »
Excellent tonight, a really composed and mature performance - gives the impression of being far more experienced than he is. He's barely put a foot wrong in his appearances this season so far. Pleased he'll get another round as its competitions like this and EL that will help his development massively.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: September 27, 2023, 09:50:17 pm »
Excited by this lads potential, another really good showing where he’s not looked out of place at all. Keep this level up and he’s going to save us a shit load of money
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #267 on: September 27, 2023, 09:51:10 pm »
Pretty clear why we didn't chase after a CB like mad march hares.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: September 27, 2023, 09:51:17 pm »
Well done Jarell. Great game and a lovely assist. Looked up and picked out his man. What a prospect!

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #269 on: September 27, 2023, 09:54:22 pm »
Good lad. Partnered well with Konate to cover each other so so well. That calmness in his demeanor is so refreshing and rare in young center halves. Reads the game as well as anyone. All he needs is time and experience and he should mature into a monster center half.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: September 27, 2023, 09:57:08 pm »
Excellent Game. Great Assist also

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: September 27, 2023, 09:57:35 pm »
I think Quansah has already shown more potential than any of those you mention. I don’t recall seeing the kind of potential or excitement around Williams. They all had their time and place and did a job for us. Sorry if that sounds like I’m underselling them (I probably am) but I’m just trying to emphasise how much more potential to reach the kind of level we’d be looking for Quansah has.

He seems to have all the tools to me. I haven’t seen enough of Colwill to be sure but I’d imagine they’re quite similar types - Strong, natural ball playing CB, so perhaps we’ve saved ourselves a lot of money.

Agree. Klopp had a laugh with the "Billy the Kid" stuff around Koumetio, but the truth is, he never looked a player in a proper game for us. Was an absolute mile off it the last time I saw him play a league cup game. Rhys Williams did admittedly look composed in his first couple of appearances, and obviously ended up doing a job for us later that season, but he never looked like a physically dominating CB in quite the same way that Quansah already has. He has a proper man body already, and the way he just sort of bullied their player and then showed vision in getting the assist tonight was great.

It is early days, but I think Quansah has everything to have a future here, at least in the squad if not first choice.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: September 27, 2023, 09:59:57 pm »
One point where I thought we were in trouble late on and he just handled the situation like he's been doing this for years and years

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: September 27, 2023, 10:00:36 pm »
Matip 2.0 with that run and assist.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #274 on: September 27, 2023, 10:02:10 pm »
He’s done really well.

A big way ahead of Williams and More comfortable on and off the ball than Phillips.  He’s a solid number 5 right now.  Maybe he can step up again now, he doesn’t worry me when he plays…. Which is nice
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: September 27, 2023, 10:03:06 pm »
One of the things that gives me most joy following us is seeing young players emerge from within and here we might have another good one in Jarell.
Well done lad.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #276 on: September 27, 2023, 10:03:18 pm »
Sorry if that sounds like I’m underselling them (I probably am)

You're not.

The simple fact is none of them them are still here. That says it all.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: September 27, 2023, 10:03:19 pm »
Agree. Klopp had a laugh with the "Billy the Kid" stuff around Koumetio, but the truth is, he never looked a player in a proper game for us. Was an absolute mile off it the last time I saw him play a league cup game. Rhys Williams did admittedly look composed in his first couple of appearances, and obviously ended up doing a job for us later that season, but he never looked like a physically dominating CB in quite the same way that Quansah already has. He has a proper man body already, and the way he just sort of bullied their player and then showed vision in getting the assist tonight was great.

It is early days, but I think Quansah has everything to have a future here, at least in the squad if not first choice.
I remember watching the u21s after Billy's impressive pre season and Quansah looked a much more mature defender.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: September 27, 2023, 10:03:49 pm »
He's already a unit but give it a couple of years and he'll scare his own nan.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: September 27, 2023, 10:04:26 pm »
Long way to go for him obviously but he has started well.

Joey Barton did say he can go to the very top in an interview I saw as his manager at Bristol Rovers the loan has done him good I’d say.