Author Topic: Tottenham Terminate Terrible Tim  (Read 1217833 times)

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Tottenham Terminate Terrible Tim
« Reply #15320 on: May 14, 2014, 03:07:26 pm »
Distant third?! He's done something at Ajax that hasn't been done before I think, 4 straight league titles. His teams play with a distinct style and craft. Spurs would be lucky to have a man like him in charge.

He's still reasonably inexperienced as a manager though. Hes also at a club that always seems to be singing from the same hymn sheet (so nothing like Tottenham). Managers like Benitez on the other hand have done well even when they've had a lot against them - Chelsea being the most recent example

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #15321 on: May 14, 2014, 03:18:11 pm »
Do you remember Rafa's last season in charge, where we slipped out of the top four and Spurs took our place? And how they were gloating about how we only had Rafa to blame and that they couldn't wait to play his Inter Milan side in the Champions League because he's fackin' shite?

I remember it. Looking back, it's pretty funny.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #15322 on: May 14, 2014, 04:08:10 pm »
He's still reasonably inexperienced as a manager though. Hes also at a club that always seems to be singing from the same hymn sheet (so nothing like Tottenham). Managers like Benitez on the other hand have done well even when they've had a lot against them - Chelsea being the most recent example

So is Rodgers, going by that criteria.

DeBoer has been coaching and managing since 2007. It's long enough to know what's what.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15323 on: May 14, 2014, 04:36:27 pm »
So is Rodgers, going by that criteria.

Yeah, but Rodgers would have been sacked after his first season if he'd been at Tottenham

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15324 on: May 14, 2014, 04:43:00 pm »
It's Tim' to close this thread. Its been enjoyable but we can start a new one next season with a new manager, or whenever's there's news...
Yep.