Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
General Football and Sport / Re: Spurs - First Ten Games 23/24 League Champs
« Last post by S on Yesterday at 11:42:38 pm »
There’s been some weird atmospheres at Anfield through the years, but nothing like tonight. Sometimes it just gets a little awkward and quiet. If I were a Spurs fans I’d want to lose too, but singing “Are you watching Arsenal?” is just pathetic.
General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by Bullet500 on Yesterday at 11:42:38 pm »
But a lot of things really went their way this season, such as having virtually no injuries or playing teams that had half their sides out due to injuries. If they lose someone like Saliba or Odegaard for an extended period of time it'll hit them hard.
Last season's first choice striker, left back and holding midfielder - all had an injury ridden season. The only difference is that Saliba wasn't injured in the run in and Tomiyasu showed up for a few games as well. That's all.

Not to mention that Kiwior also did a good job.
« Last post by MonsLibpool on Yesterday at 11:42:11 pm »
I seem to be the only person who doesn’t think it’s a given that wins us the league. It was the first half, there’s no telling how either team would have reacted to it.

The handball that wasn’t given in the dying moments against Everton in 2022? That’s the one I think about more.
That was the only game we lost. That goes in and we finish them on the counter.

If we'd avoided defeat, we'd have definitely gone on to win it because it was a do-or-die game for them psychologically. The next season showed how big the H2H is because we beat them in October? and they were done.

Those H2Hs are really important but we've just not won enough of those kind of games.
4th tallest waterfall in England apparently.
HAHAHAHAHAHA
General Football and Sport / Re: Premier League Fixtures 11th - 15th May
« Last post by Fromola on Yesterday at 11:41:46 pm »
If Spurs fans turned up like they can that would've been way harder for city. Could even have seen a result for Spurs

I think Ange saw the at aswell. Crowd not showing up, blue shirts all round the ground

They would've twatted Sheff Utd and Villa away to palace is a home win.

Yeah, I think they win tonight chances are they get 4th.

I get that if you're a Spurs fan then the last thing you wanted tonight is a draw, but you'd at least go down fighting to try and win it. If it's level in injury time then all out attack for example.
« Last post by S on Yesterday at 11:40:13 pm »
They’d have missed the pen anyway.
Haha, fair point.
General Football and Sport / Re: Premier League Fixtures 11th - 15th May
« Last post by Fromola on Yesterday at 11:39:22 pm »
TNT have one game for the final day. City and Arsenal games will be on Sky. Relegation and CL places are done so I guess Klopp's last game will be their pick.

Unless they are giving weight to the Europa League race.

I can't imagine Klopp would want those twats for his last game. Have they not had their full quota of our games?
« Last post by BobPaisley3 on Yesterday at 11:39:14 pm »
I seem to be the only person who doesn’t think it’s a given that wins us the league. It was the first half, there’s no telling how either team would have reacted to it.

The handball that wasn’t given in the dying moments against Everton in 2022? That’s the one I think about more.
They’d have missed the pen anyway.
« Last post by BobPaisley3 on Yesterday at 11:38:41 pm »
But a lot of things really went their way this season, such as having virtually no injuries or playing teams that had half their sides out due to injuries. If they lose someone like Saliba or Odegaard for an extended period of time it'll hit them hard.
This is true but they’ve got the advantage of being able to make only 2 or 3 signings. Timber coming back too. If they get that bit right I think they might kick on.
« Last post by S on Yesterday at 11:38:26 pm »
It's mental when you think about

Won the league by 11mm

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10