Author Topic: Those chants  (Read 186075 times)

Online Speedy Molby

• Not as fat as his name suggests but is still a bad formby wool :)
  • Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
Re: Those chants
« Reply #400 on: January 5, 2023, 10:25:25 pm »
I saw the report. I agree it was disappointing and disproportionate to include the footage of our fans’ Munich chants, but this is the BBC, not RAWK. That’s their way of seeming balanced.
Overall, the report was good, and the beeb are the first to tackle this. The report’s general thrust was about Hillsborough chants, it made clear that ‘always the victims’ is a Hillsborough chant and it included interviews with Margaret Aspinall and Lou Brookes.
Please don’t let tribalism muddy the waters. Let’s just get rid of this shit.
I am alone now. I am beyond recrimination. The curtains have shut, the furniture has gone. I am transforming. I am vibrating. I am glowing. I am flying. Look at me now.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #401 on: January 5, 2023, 11:35:36 pm »
Divide & Rule.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #402 on: January 6, 2023, 09:07:50 pm »
What I don't get why have chants turned more ugly and sick in recent seasons? Seem to be more of these chants the more successful we became in recent seasons.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #403 on: January 6, 2023, 09:48:32 pm »
What I don't get why have chants turned more ugly and sick in recent seasons? Seem to be more of these chants the more successful we became in recent seasons.
Our recent success has a lot to do with it. Also, it's been almost universally ignored as it got sicker and sicker, which encouraged those indulging in it. If you let a sore fester it becomes poisonous. The country itself has also slipped further into the cesspit too, which helps create such toxic people, environment and behaviour.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2023, 09:51:13 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: January 6, 2023, 09:50:48 pm »
Our recent success has a lot to do with it. Also, it's been almost universally ignored as it got sicker and sicker, which encouraged those indulging in it. If you let a sore fester it becomes poisonous.

Covid seems to have changed people too, there's more of a I don't give a fuck attitude.

Noticed the Mancs singing Chelsea Rent Boy at Frank before - won't be a peep about that.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: January 6, 2023, 09:55:08 pm »
Covid seems to have changed people too, there's more of a I don't give a fuck attitude.

Noticed the Mancs singing Chelsea Rent Boy at Frank before - won't be a peep about that.
I've noticed that too. I hoped Covid would change attitudes, encourage empathy and bring people together. There were examples where this was the case too, but overall it seemed to make an awful lot of people even more selfish. Now, society is even worse than it was pre-covid.

The Mancs? I'm sure the media will have had collective hearing loss when the chant was sung.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #406 on: January 6, 2023, 10:13:50 pm »
Our recent success has a lot to do with it. Also, it's been almost universally ignored as it got sicker and sicker, which encouraged those indulging in it. If you let a sore fester it becomes poisonous. The country itself has also slipped further into the cesspit too, which helps create such toxic people, environment and behaviour.

Coke'd up fans and the 'banter' culture are two of the reasons.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: January 6, 2023, 10:16:53 pm »

I try to avoid most shit on social media but some try to use a few idiots of ours booing the Queen etc as a fair excuse. I feel its more the younger generation of fans coming through especially with the likes of City.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: January 6, 2023, 10:17:14 pm »
True. Like most problems, I think there are multiple contributing factors coming together.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #409 on: January 6, 2023, 10:22:11 pm »

Plus, away fans are much more protected these days. They wouldn't dare chant their shit if they knew they would face the consequences inside the ground or leaving it.

Sick, ignorant shithouse behaviour and I can't see it going away.

Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: January 6, 2023, 10:27:59 pm »
Plus, away fans are much more protected these days. They wouldn't dare chant their shit if they knew they would face the consequences inside the ground or leaving it.

You'd think someone from Merseyside Police would twat them with a nightstick when they opened their gobs.
Jurgen YNWA

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #411 on: January 6, 2023, 10:28:45 pm »

It's society. People are a lot more angry and disrespectful. Same in the 80s when the Tories were fucking the country then. Social media makes fan culture a lot more toxic as well, without the threat of violence that was there in the 80s (CCTV etc/banning orders/criminal records/camera phones etc).
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: January 6, 2023, 10:31:20 pm »
I try to avoid most shit on social media but some try to use a few idiots of ours booing the Queen etc as a fair excuse. I feel its more the younger generation of fans coming through especially with the likes of City.
Social media certainly gives it a platform, and that often then spills over into the game itself. I don't have Twitter or Facebook, but I watch a fair bit of stuff on Youtube. Comments on there are stomach-churning enough.

The booing of the Establishment and its figurehead is just an excuse certain opposition use in order to feel ok in themselves about being mindless scumbags and singing about death, grief and suffering. The ironic thing there is that so many of them actually complain in daily life about how the government and establishment screws them over on a daily basis, then they turn up at football grounds waving their Union Flag or Flag of St. George with the name of their run down and socially deprived town painted across the front of it.  :duh

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: January 6, 2023, 10:35:25 pm »
The 'rentboy' song clearly audible tonight. Interesting to see the reaction or lack of, to it. At least our club had the balls to deal with it head on.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: January 6, 2023, 11:22:34 pm »
The 'rentboy' song clearly audible tonight. Interesting to see the reaction or lack of, to it. At least our club had the balls to deal with it head on.

Did we deal with it because there was a big fuss made about it in the press (because it was us)?
« Last Edit: January 6, 2023, 11:32:01 pm by Aldo1988 »
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: January 6, 2023, 11:31:48 pm »

There's always been coked up fans & we just used to call it taking the piss.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: January 6, 2023, 11:32:39 pm »

There's always been coked up fans & we just used to call it taking the piss.

It's got much worse over the last few years.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: January 6, 2023, 11:36:29 pm »
It's got much worse over the last few years.

I'm not so sure it has mate,it's just that every fucker is a reporter with an hd camera in their pocket.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: January 6, 2023, 11:39:49 pm »
I'm not so sure it has mate,it's just that every fucker is a reporter with an hd camera in their pocket.

I've noticed it is more prevalent over the last few years, I also hang around with a lot of young football lads due to that fact I'm still trying to play footie (I'm in my late 40's) who all seem to be on it every weekend.  Not my cup of tea, I'm more of a drinker!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: January 6, 2023, 11:50:06 pm »
I've noticed it is more prevalent over the last few years, I also hang around with a lot of young football lads due to that fact I'm still trying to play footie (I'm in my late 40's) who all seem to be on it every weekend.  Not my cup of tea, I'm more of a drinker!

Oh you're on about the beak,maybe like,I always preferred base myself.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: January 7, 2023, 12:08:04 am »
Oh you're on about the beak,maybe like,I always preferred base myself.

Haha, stick with the base, just don't do speed  ;D

Sorry for taking this thread way off course!
« Last Edit: January 7, 2023, 12:09:58 am by Aldo1988 »

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #421 on: January 7, 2023, 12:27:34 am »
Sometimes you can’t blame the drugs, you just gotta blame the people.
A coked up wanker is a sober wanker come Monday.
I miss the days when some of the opposition chants were funny and clever.

For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: January 7, 2023, 12:55:23 am »

This is kind of my point, they'd still be wanker, but the drugs have made them feel like it's acceptable to do it in the herd mentality.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: January 7, 2023, 08:37:31 am »

The thing with coke is it turns even sound people into arseholes.  Filthy habit

I've missed the days of wit from opposition fans but away fans have been like that at Anfield a long time. It's been the same shit like sign on, shall.we sing a song for you, library, feed the Scousers, your support is shit on a loop. Now they just add always the victims to the mix.
« Last Edit: January 7, 2023, 08:41:08 am by Fromola »

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #424 on: January 7, 2023, 08:41:47 am »
The thing with coke is it turns even sound people into arseholes. Filthy habit

I've missed the days of wit from opposition fans but away fans have been like that at Anfield a long time. It's been the same shut like sign on, shall.we sing a song for you, library, feed the Scousers, your support is shit on a loop. Now they just add always the victims to the mix.

No it doesn't. It allows arseholes to reveal themselves. There's a difference.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
« Reply #425 on: January 7, 2023, 09:33:09 am »

The threat of violence shouldn't be what keeps people from behaving this way though, nor should it be considered as as an option from our fans - it is disgusting what is chanted but the solution being to fill people in is hardly the sort of attitude that we should be condoning either.

Society quite simply has changed so much over the last 10 years to encourage more tribal attitudes and more divisions between people. What we have seen is a significant reduction in racist and homophobic chanting at matches - surely there are lessons in how that was combatted to be learned in how to deal with this?

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: January 7, 2023, 09:57:46 am »
No it doesn't. It allows arseholes to reveal themselves. There's a difference.

Yeah but it's like with alcohol. There's probably a particular drink (whether it be ale, vodka, scotch, wine) that has a bad effect on people, even if they're fine with others.

As a general rule anyone who's high on coke is an unsufferable prick.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: January 7, 2023, 01:23:12 pm »
Yeah but it's like with alcohol. There's probably a particular drink (whether it be ale, vodka, scotch, wine) that has a bad effect on people, even if they're fine with others.

As a general rule anyone who's high on coke is an unsufferable prick.

Must be some mad shit in the coke over there. I know loads that take it and they don't change a bit.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: January 7, 2023, 01:30:12 pm »
Must be some mad shit in the coke over there. I know loads that take it and they don't change a bit.

:lmao :lmao

He's describing literally the complete opposite experience I've had over many years. It's not the coke that makes the arseholes, it's the fact they're arseholes. The coke may magnify it a bit but they're arseholes to begin with.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #429 on: January 7, 2023, 01:32:38 pm »
Pricks that take coke, stay pricks?

Wow, i'm shocked!  ;D
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: January 7, 2023, 01:33:11 pm »
Whats the point in taking it then?

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: January 7, 2023, 01:34:39 pm »
Pricks that take coke, stay pricks?

Wow, i'm shocked!  ;D

Or

Sound people that take coke and stay sound.

:lmao :lmao

He's describing literally the complete opposite experience I've had over many years. It's not the coke that makes the arseholes, it's the fact they're arseholes. The coke may magnify it a bit but they're arseholes to begin with.

Is correct.

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: January 7, 2023, 01:36:05 pm »
Whats the point in taking it then?

I mean don't change a bit as in don't turn in to an absolute bellend that chants about people that died at a game of football, or abuse someone because of their skin colour or sexual preference.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: January 7, 2023, 01:45:34 pm »
I mean don't change a bit as in don't turn in to an absolute bellend that chants about people that died at a game of football, or abuse someone because of their skin colour or sexual preference.

The fact that needed to be explained is hilarious.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #434 on: January 7, 2023, 01:54:58 pm »
I joined RAWK this day 16 years ago as a result of seeing THE TRUTH mosaic on The Kop, FA Cp 3rd round, (v Arsenal?) the day before, you know, when Lawro uttered the words that make me despise the miserable c*nt forever.

The fact that, 16 years later, we're actually apparently witnessing an entirely new generation pick up on cruel chants that mock death is gut-wrenching and heartbreaking. We may have lost the battle for justice but we fuckin well hammered the battle for truth - these knobheads singing shite like this need prosecuting.....

......and I have zero faith in the authorities' collective will to make a genuine difference.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: January 7, 2023, 02:01:00 pm »
"can't we just get on with the football." Tells you everything when an former player dismisses the fight for justice and despite being fully vindicated,you'll never get through to most of the bellends.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #436 on: January 7, 2023, 02:09:45 pm »

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/fa-investigate-homophobic-chanting-man-utd-v-everton-game-2023-01-07/

And BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64197462
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #437 on: January 7, 2023, 02:39:54 pm »
https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/fa-investigate-homophobic-chanting-man-utd-v-everton-game-2023-01-07/

And BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64197462
Interesting. Have the CPS ever deemed any of the stuff aimed at us as a "hate crime", or does that legislation only apply to things like race or sexual orientation? Mocking the dead still not illegal.....? Pointing the fingers at people who are still alive and blaming them for deaths surely must be.

Online Speedy Molby

• Not as fat as his name suggests but is still a bad formby wool :)
  • Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
« Reply #438 on: January 7, 2023, 11:21:30 pm »
Interesting. Have the CPS ever deemed any of the stuff aimed at us as a "hate crime", or does that legislation only apply to things like race or sexual orientation? Mocking the dead still not illegal.....? Pointing the fingers at people who are still alive and blaming them for deaths surely must be.
Thing is Jim, the dead, bereaved and traumatised are not subject to abuse and discrimination in  everyday life, so are not covered by the Equalities Act. In football we are seen as fair game. This should increase the onus on the football authorities to act, but they just hide behind the Equalities Act.

Was there anything from Wolves tonight?
I am alone now. I am beyond recrimination. The curtains have shut, the furniture has gone. I am transforming. I am vibrating. I am glowing. I am flying. Look at me now.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #439 on: January 8, 2023, 12:52:55 am »
Worst I heard from them was Sign On.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."