Author Topic: Pro Evolution Soccer 2012  (Read 55076 times)

Offline Buzz Killington

• Winner of RAWK's sexiest adolescent, as awarded by the Rt. Hon. CJ Parker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2012
« Reply #360 on: August 24, 2011, 05:35:42 pm »
In my humble opinion, PES is back. I'm absolutely loving it.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #361 on: August 24, 2011, 06:00:04 pm »
downloaded it, will give it a whirl a bit later on.

Offline The Fadman

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #362 on: August 24, 2011, 06:13:24 pm »
Fuck off Konami. So this demo is gonna come out for the 360 in September now? (I live in the U.S. if that matters).

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #363 on: August 24, 2011, 06:14:03 pm »
Seems better than last year, will wait till i've played it a couple of times and got used to it before I judge it, but seems good.
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: August 24, 2011, 06:15:51 pm »
seems better, but to be honest anything would have been for me! hated the last few

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #365 on: August 24, 2011, 06:16:51 pm »
Oh and another thing, Javier Hernandez is called Chicharito on it, fuck off!
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: August 24, 2011, 06:25:16 pm »
seems ok
not sure about most of my shots going int he top corner though.

like the crossing compared to fifa...far more realistic

bit too much pinball passing

tackling gonna take a while to learn ....think fifas tackling is spot on.

how the fuck do you get your forward to make a run???
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
  • Super Title: Loves Ron Dennis
« Reply #367 on: August 24, 2011, 06:39:07 pm »
The King Is Back... THE KING IS BACK

Passing set to manual and it becomes football heaven once again. The passing, movement, build up play...It is all there.

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #368 on: August 24, 2011, 07:05:12 pm »
Have to wait till September to play the demo now! I think i'll just wait till the 2nd finished retail demo comes out and play that instead. Fifa will probably be out around the same time too
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: August 24, 2011, 07:39:12 pm »
I like it.
Same. Have a feeling i will love it on the xbox. Cant stand this ps3 joypad

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #370 on: August 24, 2011, 09:06:51 pm »
How long does the download take for the PS3?  On average.

Offline mbroon

• would like a clean space - hasn't got one
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: August 24, 2011, 09:07:17 pm »
How long does the download take for the PS3?  On average.

Depends on your internet connection. Took 15 minutes for me.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #372 on: August 24, 2011, 10:16:02 pm »

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: August 24, 2011, 10:30:59 pm »
Don't be silly Mr Adriano whore. Don't make me crack out me recordings again....

haha, I used him well

Those were the days though

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #374 on: August 24, 2011, 10:37:32 pm »
As I always do with a new Pro Evo, stick the 'Game Speed Setting' to -1.

Accessed via System Settings.

Much better.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #375 on: August 24, 2011, 11:07:41 pm »
Shocking moment for me: based on four plays of the demo version, I may have to agree with Macphisto80.  :shocked

Does seem a bit dated and I'm far less impressed than I was when I played gamecom code two weeks ago.

Too easy to pass the ball like Barcelona, even on zero pass assistance and the animations are distractingly bad. We know about goalkeepers but the first shot I had was a weak one near the centre of the goal by Nani. Not only did the goalie fumble it over the line, on the replay it both looked like he made no actual contact with the ball and that he missed with both hands and headed the ball backwards!

The ball felt poor as well - didn't feel independent, moved on rails, and the CPU had to a tendency to balloon it long, almost like a rugby ball.

It does feel more responsive than last year but right now, not feeling it; and I don't really play Fifa, so....hmmm.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: August 24, 2011, 11:09:45 pm »
Shocking moment for me: based on four plays of the demo version, I may have to agree with Macphisto80.  :shocked

Does seem a bit dated and I'm far less impressed than I was when I played gamecom code two weeks ago.

Too easy to pass the ball like Barcelona, even on zero pass assistance and the animations are distractingly bad. We know about goalkeepers but the first shot I had was a weak one near the centre of the goal by Nani. Not only did the goalie fumble it over the line, on the replay it both looked like he made no actual contact with the ball and that he missed with both hands and headed the ball backwards!

The ball felt poor as well - didn't feel independent, moved on rails, and the CPU had to a tendency to balloon it long, almost like a rugby ball.

It does feel more responsive than last year but right now, not feeling it; and I don't really play Fifa, so....hmmm.

you have just destroyed all my hope, although every year I build my hopes up and its shit

im at 40% now, taking ages

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: August 24, 2011, 11:19:44 pm »
you have just destroyed all my hope, although every year I build my hopes up and its shit

I will say this, the game I played two weeks ago played better than the demo. But if anyone says the dread words "early code" the argument doesn't wash these days I guess.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: August 25, 2011, 12:00:27 am »
I will say this, the game I played two weeks ago played better than the demo. But if anyone says the dread words "early code" the argument doesn't wash these days I guess.

Konami and EA do this every year don't they? let people play a great demo then the final game is shite.

Offline djphal

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: August 25, 2011, 12:12:53 am »
For the first time in about 4 years I havent said its shit after one game!

Its miles better! Pes always took a week or two to get into anyway so I cant really judge it off one game but im impressed so far!

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #380 on: August 25, 2011, 12:18:38 am »
Is there a "make a run" button on this these days?
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: August 25, 2011, 12:36:29 am »

I wouldn't say it's shit. It's just incredibly dated. Someone over on the Fifa/PES forums is making some great points towards that blinded moron called Adam. Basically the point made, which is a great one, is that Duke Nukem Forever by itself, is not a terrible game. Had it came out about 7 years ago, it would have been passable. The fact that it got released only recently and had really old game mechanics and design features that are long past it, it basically just felt old, used and terrible. Konami have been dragging out the same old dog for the past few years now, and it just shouldn't be acceptable. You want to see something completely new, not something that doesn't even feel and play as good as something released 10 years ago.

Offline djphal

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: August 25, 2011, 12:37:17 am »
Is there a "make a run" button on this these days?

seem to be making runs everywhere on their own!

no longer are the players running through glue, they have a bit of speed, the build up play is great

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: August 25, 2011, 02:07:41 am »
Haven't bought Pro Evo since 6, but have played the demos and it seems that this MIGHT be the game we should have had in 2008. But even then it still has a lot of catching up to do, it's quite good although it's difficult getting used to it after playing fifa for the past few years.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 02:12:26 am by alex. »

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
« Reply #384 on: August 25, 2011, 07:47:47 am »
GKs are dreadful. Absolutely shocking positioning sometimes.

I'll wait until I have half a master league season under my belt before having a final verdict but the keeping could still use work.

The offensive positioning I haven't really experienced enough to comment on.

Offline djphal

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: August 25, 2011, 08:27:58 am »
I wouldn't say it's shit. It's just incredibly dated. Someone over on the Fifa/PES forums is making some great points towards that blinded moron called Adam. Basically the point made, which is a great one, is that Duke Nukem Forever by itself, is not a terrible game. Had it came out about 7 years ago, it would have been passable. The fact that it got released only recently and had really old game mechanics and design features that are long past it, it basically just felt old, used and terrible. Konami have been dragging out the same old dog for the past few years now, and it just shouldn't be acceptable. You want to see something completely new, not something that doesn't even feel and play as good as something released 10 years ago.

For me, i have always said give me pro evo 6 with better graphics, although it might feel a bit dated i quite enjoyed my 2 games last night

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: August 25, 2011, 09:01:13 am »
Had a quick game last night, considering its an early code I think its a very good game. Little things like deflections off players seem to be much more refined. Its also nice to be able to play a long ball up from the back 4 and actually see a forward attempt to run onto it.

One of my biggest gripes about earlier PES games was if I had the ball right over on one of the touchlines then players didn't seem to make any effort to get into the box ready for a cross but this has also been sorted.

I think it looks decent.

Offline cevans16

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: August 25, 2011, 09:14:40 am »
Gave the demo a go last night after not owning a Pro Evo since version 6.  Mixed opinion having played Fifa for years, first impression on loading is the crappy looking menus, really why cant they sort these out.  I know that's not an essential area but as soon as you load it up its off putting!  Then onto the game, I liked the speed and fluidity of the game, was a nice change from Fifa.  Passing and shooting seems to be good, only thing I didn't like was the way in which the players kick the ball, it doesn't look very lifelike.  Only played a quick game so these were first impressions, really hope that this game is good enough for me to switch back from Fifa.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: August 25, 2011, 09:19:42 am »
I wouldn't say it's shit. It's just incredibly dated.

There are still some things that Konami do better than EA though, like player individuality and tactics. And the variety of goals you can score. It may be a dissappointing demo but it aint over yet. The AI is something new in PES2012, so you have to give them credit for that, the earlier build I played impressed me with the attacking runs and defensive cover the AI did. Not seen that before.

A lot of people are really digging this demo, its a bit early to give Konami the complete kicking you like to dish out every year.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 09:23:13 am by lionel_messias »

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #389 on: August 25, 2011, 11:50:54 am »
Ok heres my two penneth worth.

This is what last years game should have been. The controls are a lot tighter, the camera angle is better (pitchside) the passing is a lot less scripted both in feel and look. The players animate a lot better too. All in all its a pretty playable game. if this had been out last year i think this years would have been brilliant.

Theres still lots of annoyances though.

The goalkeepers are still utter tosh. I played several matches and in all but one the keeper let in a soft goal which is pretty annoying.

Also the old defender catching up with your striker is still in there, couldnt seem to outs strip anyone at all, even if the opposition player had fell over or slid in the tackle, they always recovered ground quickly.

The a.i pressure is insane. Against Napoli i was forced to play one touch constantly to keep possesion. People moaned about that in fifa, so theres no excuse here. I had Robinho running down the wing surrounded by four men. Theres no time on the ball at all.

The shooting is a bit hit and miss. Sometimes its too floaty, sometimes just right.

I think there should be a zoom option for pitchside, its a bit too far out for me.

Tackling is hit and miss and the a.i seems to read your attempts easily, wheres i cant seem to go past a man.

I think all in all its a decent alternative but not a fifa beater for me. Ill see what the second demo is like, but it is an improvement on last year.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: August 25, 2011, 11:54:33 am »

..think fifas tackling is spot on.

really? I think its fucking shocking
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: August 25, 2011, 11:58:53 am »
really? I think its fucking shocking
Its a lot better tahn this pes, at least i know i can time a tackle.

This pes tackling has a slight delay and the animation is not always suited to the angle you are at that in most cases causes either a foul or the cpu to change direction and skip it.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: August 25, 2011, 12:00:25 pm »
I think its good fun. Cant wait to see what the second demos like

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: August 25, 2011, 12:02:28 pm »
Theres no time on the ball at all.

The shooting is a bit hit and miss. Sometimes its too floaty, sometimes just right.

the a.i seems to read your attempts easily, wheres i cant seem to go past a man.

no offence, but it just sounds like your shit at the game
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #394 on: August 25, 2011, 12:07:08 pm »
Only had one game but it gave me the feeling i felt when  played the new ones years back.

So when i had three then got four etc, then five and so on.

I hated it, then it grew on me, then i found flaws all in one game.

The last demo i enjoyed then found flaws.

It has potential thats for sure. I will give it more time when I get chance, however my worry  is it just seems a bit bitty in places, and then loose in others.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: August 25, 2011, 12:18:58 pm »
no offence, but it just sounds like your shit at the game

No offence but you sound like a ten year old off wenb.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 02:22:46 pm by walshys_mullet »

Offline djphal

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: August 25, 2011, 12:54:16 pm »
The a.i pressure is insane. Against Napoli i was forced to play one touch constantly to keep possesion. People moaned about that in fifa, so theres no excuse here. I had Robinho running down the wing surrounded by four men. Theres no time on the ball at all.

I noticed that, it is better than last year though and if you use the skill buttons you can get past men, not like the last one

I found myself playing a simple passing game and they couldnt get near me

Only had one game but it gave me the feeling i felt when  played the new ones years back.

So when i had three then got four etc, then five and so on.

I hated it, then it grew on me, then i found flaws all in one game.

The last demo i enjoyed then found flaws.

It has potential thats for sure. I will give it more time when I get chance, however my worry  is it just seems a bit bitty in places, and then loose in others.

pretty much how I feel about it too, will give it another go later

Offline walshys_mullet

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: August 25, 2011, 01:02:48 pm »
I noticed that, it is better than last year though and if you use the skill buttons you can get past men, not like the last one

I found myself playing a simple passing game and they couldnt get near me

pretty much how I feel about it too, will give it another go later

Totally agree its well better and very playable, just some issues with it.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: August 25, 2011, 01:07:09 pm »
Ok heres my two penneth worth.

This is what last years game should have been.

It's what their first attempt on the next gen consoles should have been.

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #399 on: August 25, 2011, 01:27:48 pm »
Had a game last night and I've just had another go - has potential to be really good and it's worth considering that recent reviews/previews have been of a later code than the demo we're playing...no point making definite judgements until the demo that'll be released in mid-September.

From the off, I thought it was a bit too fast - I've switched the speed down to -1 on all the Pro Evo's that've had the option though, so I'm happy with that.

Passing feels a little bit hoofy - probably partly to do with the audio and partly to do with the physics.  It feels as though you've kicking it really hard into the floor sometimes, so it travels slower that you anticipate.  Also feels a bit to on-rails - perhaps I'm not getting the settings right but on the options I've switched the meter to 0 for minimal assistance?  Barely had a chance at a shot yet.

Keepers seem poor at dealing with straight-on/long shots but seem quite realistic when dealing with shots from tighter angles - sometimes they deal with it for a corner, others it catches them out and they palm it across goal, whereas on other occasions they seem to get good height and distance on punches/pushes back into play.  My first goal was a free kick popped low at waist height through a gap in the wall - the keeper had to get down really low and he just palmed it in...having read initial suggestions that the keepers were poor on this demo (not the more recent version played by the priveleged few), I was disappointed...but giving it another watch it's realistic enough to assume that the keeper didn't see it because of the wall and his mistake was triggered by this.

Struggling with the tackling - it seems as though they've ditched what (animations aside) seemed a good system for 2011.  Struggling with the timing of pressure challenges and the overall effectiveness of the slide challenge (perhaps this is good, as attackers seem to ride challenges better with a knock-on and a stride).  Glad that stumbling seems to have gone.

Overall AI seems far improved - I feel like I've got numbers back helping (and that's with Napoli playing their 3-1-3-1-2 system!) and plenty of options when I move forward.  Finding the on-the-fly off-the-ball control a little distracting but I'll get used to that and it is, in essence, an addition for the advanced players - players make runs without, it's just an extra.

The graphics seem a bit nicer - more 'furry' when the previous game was a bit 'jaggedy'.  I hope that makes sense to at least one person besides me!  I still think their sub-par but they've rounded the edges off a bit.

2011 was a big improvement and provides a fantastic foundation for this years game.  Most of the issues outlined above are linked to getting used to a new game rather than problems in their own right - it's improved and I'm encouraged.  Looking forward to trying the September demo, for sure.