Author Topic: Who do you want to be promoted to the Premier League 13/14? PALACE PROMOTED  (Read 7779 times)

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
I was going to set up my usual poll of which of the 4 finalists people want to come up, but the setiings don't seem to be there so it's going to have to be alist and I'll work the totals out.

Options: Watford, Brighton, Leicester, Crystal Palace

Reply by May 25th please.

(Mods if you can change this to a poll, even better! Thanks)

I'll start and say Leicester - a bit nearer and their new gropund had decent accoustics last time to retain the sound

[Thou I agree with others - I like Poyet too. In fact I'd take anyone but Palace - awful ground and pain in the a**e to get to]

UPDATE - 10th May (Totals so far, giving a point to both where people are split between two):

Brighton - 33
Leicester - 9
Watford - 2
Palace - 1

11/5 - Takes us to 41, 9, 4, 3 after the first legs with very little in either.

13/5 Update: So we are down to the final two most didn't want!

Round Two - Palace or Watford? 

Update 18/5  Watford 23 Palace 7
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 05:40:36 pm by Shanklygates »
We are a team of one half.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Who do you want to be promoted to the Premier League 13/14?
« Reply #1 on: May 7, 2013, 01:48:34 pm »
Brighton.

Have a couple of mates who support them and were there on the final day in 1997 when they had to beat Hereford to stay in the Football League so I'd be pleased for them. New stadium, play decent football, I think they'd be a good addition to the League in the way Swansea have been.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #2 on: May 7, 2013, 01:49:23 pm »
Brighton. Brother lives there, works at the stadium, no other reason than that really.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Dani LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: May 7, 2013, 01:58:24 pm »

Brighton. Mostly because I like Gus Poyet, and I would like to see him in the Premier League.

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: May 7, 2013, 02:01:39 pm »
Watord will be hopeless, did i hear the other day that the Udinese loan players wont be able to play in the Prem and the club has a transfer embargo until the end of August, meaning they wont be able to buy a player, they will be a waste of space, i like Poyet to so Brighton get my vote
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5 on: May 7, 2013, 02:07:16 pm »
Would like Leicester because its closer, but can see Brighton going up.
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: May 7, 2013, 02:08:07 pm »
Brighton because of Poyet.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #7 on: May 7, 2013, 02:09:17 pm »
Has to be Brighton. We've played a few times in the cups the past few years and was impressed with their fans, style of play and Poyet.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #8 on: May 7, 2013, 02:09:41 pm »
Brighton.

From almost going out of the football league less than 20 years ago, spending a few years playing home games 70 miles away - they deserve this.

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Real Username: LEGACY
« Reply #9 on: May 7, 2013, 02:10:40 pm »
Brighton nailed on to be a long term premier league club like Swansea. Wouldn't surprise me if they finished Mid table In their 1st season if they got promoted.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10 on: May 7, 2013, 02:11:13 pm »
I have to say Leicester, as I go to most home matches and my girlfriend and her family are all big fans.

As a neutral though I'd probably agree with Brighton. I like the manager, they play decent football, they're a decent bunch and its a nice city too.

But put me down as Leicester :)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11 on: May 7, 2013, 02:14:10 pm »
I like the manager, they play decent football, they're a decent bunch and its a nice city too.

But put me down as Leicester :)

0 out of 4 ain't bad.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: May 7, 2013, 02:19:01 pm »
Brighton. Everyone else has explained why.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: May 7, 2013, 02:23:36 pm »
Brighton or Leicester. Although I like the old grounds Selhurst Park is a dump with a shit away end and the Ian Holloway act gets boring after 1 interview. Watford can fuck off because of Tommy Mooney. Dont really have anything against the other two, Poyet always sticks up for Suarez and Leicester deserve respect for taking Konchesky off us though Nigel Pearson is one of the dullest men in the game.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #14 on: May 7, 2013, 02:32:18 pm »
Brighton.

From almost going out of the football league less than 20 years ago, spending a few years playing home games 70 miles away - they deserve this.
This. And they play some of the nicest football out of the four. I can't see Poyet abandoning those principles either. Watford play nice stuff, but they're hamstrung by the fact a large chunk of their team is loaned in. They'll probably get them again next season, but that's not really the point.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #15 on: May 7, 2013, 02:41:08 pm »
Wouldn't mind Leicester just for being the easiest to get to but will say Brighton for the same reasons most opthers have said. Would be nice for Luis to have a bit of Uruguayan support in the league.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: May 7, 2013, 02:59:18 pm »
Brighton or Leicester. Although I like the old grounds Selhurst Park is a dump with a shit away end and the Ian Holloway act gets boring after 1 interview. Watford can fuck off because of Tommy Mooney. Dont really have anything against the other two, Poyet always sticks up for Suarez and Leicester deserve respect for taking Konchesky off us though Nigel Pearson is one of the dullest men in the game.

Sometime he gets a bit arsey and doesn't do an interview after the game, and he sends his assistant Craig Shakespeare. And I swear to god if ever two men sounded exactly the same, its these two. Unbelievably dull.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #17 on: May 7, 2013, 03:01:20 pm »
This is really irrational but I really dislike Nigel Pearson's hair. I don't trust it or him.

Offline BarnsleyScouser

• Kopite
  • Best in the World
« Reply #18 on: May 7, 2013, 03:07:44 pm »
Brighton
If showing respect to the 96 and other victims of Hillsborough on the 15th is seen as unacceptable by other teams fans then I am glad I support Liverpool and understand some things are more important than football

Offline Dukeseee

• Main Stander
  • Boo
« Reply #19 on: May 7, 2013, 03:16:32 pm »
Brighton. Partly because of Poyet. Partly because I reckon they're the most likely to stay up. Partly because it'd be good to have another team from the South but outside of London in the Prem.
Boo!

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: May 7, 2013, 03:19:30 pm »
Brighton or Leicester. I love looking at stadiums and Crystal Palace and Watford have the ugliest stadiums I've ever seen.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #21 on: May 7, 2013, 03:30:49 pm »
Brighton, although i've got a mate who's a Leicester fan so if they went up i'd be happy for him

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #22 on: May 7, 2013, 03:35:48 pm »
I really don't like Leicester. Think it was because Filbert Street was the first place I saw Liverpool play, and we lost 1-0 to a late Tony Cottee goal. Eurgh.

Brighton please, followed by Palace, then Watford.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: May 7, 2013, 04:43:18 pm »
Watford or Brighton.

I like both of the managers and have enjoyed watching Vydra throughout the season (even though he's gone off the boil recently).

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: May 7, 2013, 04:45:19 pm »
Watford or Brighton.

I like both of the managers and have enjoyed watching Vydra throughout the season (even though he's gone off the boil recently).

The guy who is on loan from Udinese and wont be able to play for them next season anyway because they've got an embargo in the summer.....?

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #25 on: May 7, 2013, 04:49:02 pm »
Brighton.

Gus Poyet, they play decent football and it would be a great success story.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: May 7, 2013, 05:55:52 pm »
The guy who is on loan from Udinese and wont be able to play for them next season anyway because they've got an embargo in the summer.....?

Pretty sure Watford can sign players as long as they are approved by the relevant FA.

Edit - Reading further into it it seems if Watford got promoted they would need special permission from the league. Weird situation.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2013, 06:01:10 pm by Butter Keks »

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: May 7, 2013, 05:56:45 pm »
Didn't Leicester use to be a bogey team for us?

I would like Brighton to take the third promotion place I suppose, mainly because I would like to see a new team in the League rather than all of the others who have been in before. Always nice to get new teams in and see how they do. I think it would be a great achievement for their club.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #28 on: May 7, 2013, 06:02:15 pm »
Aren't Leicster just another QPR really? They have foreign cash which has been spent on distinctly average players, they'll spend more money on more rubbish and go straight back down. I'm getting bored of these clubs.

I think Palace and Leicster wouldn't survive.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: May 7, 2013, 08:19:42 pm »
Brighton.

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #30 on: May 7, 2013, 08:37:18 pm »
Leicester. Wouldn't be unhappy with Brighton as I like Poyet.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: May 7, 2013, 09:41:05 pm »
Surely we want the worst team to go up so it's potentially 6 easy points?
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #32 on: May 7, 2013, 09:44:23 pm »
Brighton. Mostly because I like Gus Poyet, and I would like to see him in the Premier League.
That is word for word what I was going to put!
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #33 on: May 7, 2013, 09:53:12 pm »
Brighton it's the furthest from me but a good night out.

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #34 on: May 7, 2013, 09:56:07 pm »

To be fair they're all pretty bad. Depends on who buys what in the summer. Leicester have the most money(I think) but a dogshit manager, so would be like giving 100m to Roy Hodgeson.
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: May 7, 2013, 10:01:54 pm »
Brighton for me. Just because they haven't been in the top division in a long time
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
« Reply #36 on: May 7, 2013, 10:03:51 pm »
Brighton
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #37 on: May 7, 2013, 10:04:43 pm »
Brighton, the other three have been in the PL before and proved near useless.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #38 on: May 7, 2013, 10:05:24 pm »

We'll batter them with 90% possesion, 23 shots on target and draw 0-0.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #39 on: May 7, 2013, 11:28:50 pm »
We'll batter them with 90% possesion, 23 shots on target and draw 0-0.

Harsh but probably true. :(
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."