Author Topic: West Ham United  (Read 161269 times)

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Believer
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
Re: West Ham United
« Reply #160 on: October 4, 2017, 01:01:32 PM »
I took my grandson  (10 yrs) last season no problems whatsoever. After the match though you get directed by stewards and police, we headed to Pudding Mill Lane DLR and we were back to Euston in no time.

Thank you!
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline PaulKS

• Believer
« Reply #161 on: October 5, 2017, 08:22:12 AM »
Thinking of taking my lad to this fixture in November. Easy away in terms of the travel which he'd love. He's 5 years old though. I'm a bit apprehensive, what's it like in terms of safety around the ground as I know West Ham used to have a reputation for trouble?

Edit: also what are the chances of getting tickets? Would probably have to use the exchange on here?

You'll be more than fine mate.

They actually re-direct away fans afterwards (similar to west brom, but much longer) and you get sent on a ridiculous detour away from any home fans.

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #162 on: October 25, 2017, 01:09:43 PM »
I took my grandson  (10 yrs) last season no problems whatsoever. After the match though you get directed by stewards and police, we headed to Pudding Mill Lane DLR and we were back to Euston in no time.

We're going to need to get 9pm train from Euston and wondering quickest way back from the ground.  Last year the police detour walk around the stadium took us about 40 mins, including time queuing to get onto the walkways due to crowds, just to get to Stratford International.  Thinking it might be tight getting to Euston if we have to queue for train there.  Wondering if we would be better heading for Pudding Mill Lane DLR?  Anyone know what the route is from there back to Euston?  And how frequent/long it might take? 
Luck favours the brave, but not the stupid.

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: November 1, 2017, 01:37:22 PM »
We're going to need to get 9pm train from Euston and wondering quickest way back from the ground.  Last year the police detour walk around the stadium took us about 40 mins, including time queuing to get onto the walkways due to crowds, just to get to Stratford International.  Thinking it might be tight getting to Euston if we have to queue for train there.  Wondering if we would be better heading for Pudding Mill Lane DLR?  Anyone know what the route is from there back to Euston?  And how frequent/long it might take? 
I find taking the overground to Hackney Wick a better way into the area..similar walk to Stratford but like 5% of the crowds go that way so much better on the out..I did that way twice in the summer for the Athletics
+6 ticket exchange

Online BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a twat. VERY well drilled at the back!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #164 on: November 1, 2017, 02:03:03 PM »

According to TFL you have to get the DLR to Stratford, get an Overground train from there to Highbury & Islington and then the Cictoria Line to Euston. 35 mins all in apparently although don’t know how frequent the Overground trains are if you were to miss one.
I got the information from a wrestler called Chris Jericho.

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #165 on: November 1, 2017, 03:08:38 PM »
Any chance of a decent away pub for this one this year???

Online campioni

• Believer
« Reply #166 on: November 1, 2017, 04:43:45 PM »
Any chance of a decent away pub for this one this year???

I think we're gonna try to head to the Crate Brewery and Howling Hops which are two pubs who brew their own beer next door to each other near Hackney Wick station.

We ended up in Cafe Football in the Westfield Centre last season which wasn't bad but does have the feel of drinking in a shopping centre.

Offline howtheredgriffinstolexmas73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #167 on: November 1, 2017, 04:45:21 PM »
We ended up in Cafe Football in the Westfield Centre last season which wasn't bad but does have the feel of drinking in a shopping centre.

Do they show the games in there?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online campioni

• Believer
« Reply #168 on: November 1, 2017, 04:52:05 PM »
Do they show the games in there?

Yeah tvs everywhere. There's a small standing area near the bar but its mostly seated for people who are eating.

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #169 on: November 1, 2017, 05:12:06 PM »
I think we're gonna try to head to the Crate Brewery and Howling Hops which are two pubs who brew their own beer next door to each other near Hackney Wick station.

Good shout

Offline howtheredgriffinstolexmas73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #170 on: November 2, 2017, 12:30:12 AM »
Yeah tvs everywhere. There's a small standing area near the bar but its mostly seated for people who are eating.
Thanks.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."