Author Topic: 'Commons' To Move To Hampshire If Terrorists Attacked  (Read 1769 times)

Offline Roger

• The Derek Acorah of RAWK & Welsh News Correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
'Commons' To Move To Hampshire If Terrorists Attacked
« on: October 16, 2005, 12:41:42 am »
Secret plan to evacuate Commons
David Cracknell, Political Editor

MEMBERS of parliament and peers will be evacuated from Westminster in the event of a terrorist attack to sit at a stately home in Hampshire, leaked plans reveal.

Under the codename Operation Delta, all parliamentarians, Commons officials, police, catering staff and the media would be transferred to the alternative site within three hours of the emergency.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1827847,00.html

Offline Branno

• Legacy Fan
  • Melbourne Scouse!
Re: 'Commons' To Move To Hampshire If Terrorists Attacked
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 08:21:57 am »
Its only taken them 300 years to react to the Guy Fawkes incident  ;D
"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"......Bill Shankly

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 10:12:55 am »
Hope whichever prick leaked this will spend a few years at HM's pleasure - now the terrorists know exactly where to place a follow up device and how long it will take them all to get there, so they don't even need to be there to detonate it, just leave it on a timer.

Wankers who sign the Official Secrets Act (and they must have to be able to get this to leak) and then do things like this fucking wind me up, they'd have been shot as spies not long ago. Tossers.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 12:48:59 am »
Hope whichever prick leaked this will spend a few years at HM's pleasure - now the terrorists know exactly where to place a follow up device and how long it will take them all to get there, so they don't even need to be there to detonate it, just leave it on a timer.

Wankers who sign the Official Secrets Act (and they must have to be able to get this to leak) and then do things like this fucking wind me up, they'd have been shot as spies not long ago. Tossers.

Couldn't have said it any better myself - Bastards.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Rizla

• Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Once a knob always a knob
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 12:53:39 am »

Ridiculous isnt it, is probably a leak but anybody think this may have the Scum's 'Investigative Journalists' paws over this one?...appeared in Murdoch's Times newspaper so wouldnt suprise me at all, it would be just like the twats :no

Arent all that many stately homes left in Hampshire now either and it wouldnt take too much finding...In fact it is scandalous!

Offline ewok-red

• Anarchist, potentially violent but lacks bottle.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 10:23:17 am »

I think they might have a back up plan. i am surprised they are not making use of all the bolt holes they had ready in the eighties when all the nuclear threats were around.
"the music isn't here to save the world, its there to save your life"  - skip jones, in 'stories we could tell' tony parsons, harper collins / qpd

Offline Rusty

• loser mate whose french is a little.....Rusty.....n'est-ce pas?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2005, 06:22:19 pm »

Hey BigDav, just playing devil's advocate here but... (Having watched Spooks) maybe a red herring 'leaked' by MI5 to throw potential terrorists off the real scent - but at the same time make them look like they have a contingency for what would happen (which I'm sure they do, and I would imagine is secret enough to keep it out of the hands of undercover journo's!

He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005, 07:34:15 pm »

Was just thinking something along those lines, but with less swearwords. Really bright idea, tell everyone where they will be evacuated to so that they can bomb that place as well ::)

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 07:38:38 pm »
Was just thinking something along those lines, but with less swearwords.

:-[ I get wound up by things like this
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline ewok-red

• Anarchist, potentially violent but lacks bottle.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 10:58:52 pm »
imagine, all those politicians who have ripped us off, lied to us, misled us, claimed to be representing us, lined their own pockets, decieved us, held information back, sold everyone down the river, let businesses get away with lack of health and safety to build their profit, sent men to die in a war  for profit...imagine, poor things how would we survive without them???

i mean its not like were loosing anyone important is it
"the music isn't here to save the world, its there to save your life"  - skip jones, in 'stories we could tell' tony parsons, harper collins / qpd