Author Topic: It's brightening up out there.......  (Read 5965 times)

Offline Cookie-7-

• Legacy Fan
  • Hold your head up high, there will be a golden sky
It's brightening up out there.......
« on: September 19, 2005, 11:24:16 am »
So it's not been the blistering start to the season that we wanted, being European Champions at all that. One goal scored in 4 games, and none from open play is a tad disappointing and leaves us supporters in the continued state of unease that began with some debatable transfer [in]activity over the summer.  In Rafa we trust though, and although his thinking remains a little cloudy to us right now, we continue to wait patiently for the blue sky to appear and reveal how it will all come together.

But there are still tangible positives to take from the first 5 weeks of the season.  We still haven't conceded a goal in the league, something only Chelsea can match, and we've had a great start in the CL.  and normal service appears to have resumed across the park.

A win and 3 draws from our opening 4 games is not quite as good as last year's start, but it has been against tougher opposition and the underlying trend has been one of steady improvement.

Middlesbrough away: we lost this 0-2 last year.  This year it should have been at least 2-0 to us, but in any case a draw is a reasonable result up there.  Ask Arsenal. 1 point better than last year.

Sunderland at home: a tougher match than we anticipated, but Sunderland repeated the trick at Stamford Bridge the following week to prove it wasn't a fluke. But at least we ground out the three points.  Last year's equivalent early visit of Norwich was an easier game, but in terms of points, the result was the same.

Tottenham away: always a tricky fixture.  A draw was a fair result, as it was in last year's opening game.  Could prove to be a good point though as Tottenham's continued development sees them now being tipped for a top six finish this year.  Same result against an improved side.

Man Utd at home: a manic game, little composure and few chances. We might be disappointed not to have won it in the second half, but it's worth remembering that we dominated United for most of the last three years and ended up with nothing. A point better than last year.

So two results matched, two results improved.  Certainly improved defensively, and mentally, and we've created enough chances in 3 of the 4 games to not be too concerned yet about the low scoring.  If we continue to improve 50% of our results this season without doing any worse in any of them, we'll do very well, and that starts with not getting beaten by Birmingham and Chelsea again.

After that the fixture list eases up on us a bit, and hopefully we might catch more glimpses of that blue sky...... after all, it's the only thing Above Us. ;)
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
Re: It's brightening up out there.......
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 11:27:22 am »
If we beat Birmingham away, we'll have 9 points from 5 games (and from 5 games that only yielded 4 points last season).  9  from 5 is a pace of 70+ points for the season.  It also includes Boro away, SPurs away, Utd home, Birm away - all tough fixtures.

If we beat Birmingham, then I'd say taht we've had a very good start to the season. 

batesie -56-

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 11:32:26 am »
Yep i agree people, i started a thread on this a while ago (see below) like you i can believe how some people are so downcast

Well luckily I haven’t wrote one of these for ages but due to the general dissention in the ranks it is time for one of these again.

First things first

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE.  Now that you have a smile on your face I shall continue.

People, People, People can we stop with the knee jerk reactions and listening to the media etc and jumping on the Liverpool are in Crisis (Gerrard Run down, Cisse not playing when he should be, Crouth waste of money etc) rollox which is coming thick and fast on the boards, in the papers and on the terraces.

We are lucky as we support the most successful british side EVER. We are lucky as we have the best fans in the world (99% of the time  ) We are lucky as we are at present the European Cup holders, We are lucky as we have tonnes of things which make us proud to be Liverpool fans as we have something most fans would dream of HISTORY Paisley,Shanks,Kop,famous Anfield nights (St Ettienne etc) and of course we all have an amazing story to tell about certain matches that have changed our lives (Istanbul,Paris hey even Highbury Ronnie Whelan getting us out of the Sh1t against Portsmouth and nearly killing Souey in the process)

Sure we haven’t won our first 4 games 7-0 oh no hang everyone the world is over, nonsense. Against Boro Gerrard by himself could have easily on another day scored 5-6 goals. Tottenham Risse shoots a inch lower and we win 1-0 and of course yesterday a 0-0 stalemate where the nearest anyone got to scoring was my mate a Cambridge Utd fan who was out on a date.

Now lets use the Dalorian and go Back in time (no not to Dec 5th 1955) but to last season where at the back we could be a absolute shambles away from home, Crystal Palace away shockingly poor lost 1-0, Middlesboro away lost again this time 2-0 and so on and so on. So the obvious thing for Rafa to do is to stop leaking silly goals so we have a platform to build on and sure enough he seems to have stopped the goals going in.

True before the “we have only scored 1 goal in premiership brigade” jump in , your right we haven’t scored as many as we would all like but we will I am sure in time address this.
Rafa is still new to the premiership but tactically we all know he is no fool as in Europe with Liverpool he has shown that by outthinking Juve, Milan etc.

And I am sure if he can help Valencia beat Barca and Real to the La Liga title he will give this club a great chance of battling it out at the top for the Premiership.

So in Rafa We Trust, just keep the faith

Youll Never Walk Alone

JFT96

Offline GingerRed

• Legacy Fan
  • 'There's no Mancs in 'ere lads!'
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 11:32:56 am »
I think we've done very well out of what is a very tough start to the league this year. Tottenham and Middlesbrough away, and Man U at home, are always going to be tough fixtures. We've struggled in these ties recently and to come out of each of the games with a point is quite a good perfomance in my opinion. Sunderland at home was a game we should have won, and we did, so no problems there.

Looking solely at the league, Birmingham away will be a good indicator of where we are going. A tricky fixture, but with our better away form this year, we should be looking to get a result there this season. After that, Chelsea, another tough game which will probably be a tough technical battle a la United yesterday. But from there, it doesn't look too bad - Blackburn, Fulham, West Ham, Villa, Portsmouth, Man City, Wigan, Middlesbrough, Sunderland, Newcastle, Everton and West Brom, which takes us to the end of this year. There are only a few matches there which I would call tough. Hopefully we can build on a decent start, and steadily improve over the coming weeks.
Da Dang

Offline Hattori Hanzo

• Thinks people playing with lego shouldn't throw stones.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 11:33:25 am »
Fuck me, optimistic aint ya fella?

I look at it differently, i think we have missed out on a massive oppotunity the 25th of may was a massive chance for us to take the leap from non-title winner into the big three/four of challengers.

we can only improve on last season prem as it was so fucking shit , we failed in the transfer market and we are failing in the premiership. we wont win it this year because our premiership tactics are all back-to-front and our strikers cant hit a barn door, we have one winger (proper winger) in kewell and he has been shit for a year and a half, when he has played that is. (im a fan of kewell btw).

we need to ship some more players out and bring more players in, we need to bring in new mone and we need it fast because im sick of my fucking club being fucking relative failures*

*promotion excludes european trophies and being "a twatting cup team"

« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 11:35:44 am by Prongsy »

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 11:38:02 am »

I look at it differently, i think we have missed out on a massive oppotunity the 25th of may was a massive chance for us to take the leap from non-title winner into the big three/four of challengers.

we can only improve on last season prem as it was so fucking shit , we failed in the transfer market and we are failing in the premiership. we wont win it this year because our premiership tactics are all back-to-front and our strikers cant hit a barn door, we have one winger (proper winger) in kewell and he has been shit for a year and a half, when he has played that is. (im a fan of kewell btw).

we need to ship some more players out and bring more players in, we need to bring in new mone and we need it fast because im sick of my fucking club being fucking relative failures*

Just jump, please .....
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline saltynuts

• I need to be loved
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thank you
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 11:42:26 am »

Me personally, I'd just like a right winger......
"You'll Never Walk Alone"

Offline Hattori Hanzo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005, 11:44:40 am »
Just jump, please .....

shit, i forgot, what i meant to say is

"everything is rosy in our camp at the moment, not challenging for the premiership in the last 15 years is getting us exactly where we want to be, we havent got a pot to piss in in terms of transfer money to bring in players we need to win the premiership with, lets just rely on rafa to snap up bargains and make as job as hard as possible"

excuse the sarcasm but bloody hell fella, you cant say things are going well. we are far far away from being where we want, thats realistic. through a mix of bad management and bad running of the club (one way or another) we are a 4th place club at the moment.

Offline Hattori Hanzo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2005, 11:47:02 am »
Me personally, I'd just like a right winger......

not THAT much to ask is it?

just one, we dont even need a back-up!. villa, bolton, spurs have all got a right winger, let alone talking of the quality of the teams we are challenging, ronaldo, duff, swp.... we have a choice of a striker or a... youth striker.... good innit.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2005, 11:47:09 am »

Fuck me Prongsy, a bit pessimistic aint ya. Lol.

Yeah, it has been an alright start to the season. We have not lost which I thought we would have, another cup and the defence looks solid as rock.

Our football looks shit but you can't have everything. But, then again I was only expecting us to finish fourth and we have started well to be able to achieve that.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2005, 11:47:16 am »
Maybe I've got it wrong, but similar things were said about Valencia early in Rafa's first season weren't they? Too defensive, not enough goals, too much player rotation, strikers not firing etc.? I think Baraja was also their top scorer in the league that year and they got a lot of draws in the first half of the season. Now, I'm not saying we're going to win the league or anything like that but with the way we are setting up in many of the games (4-2-3-1), looking at how well we've defended this season and the sorts of players we've been interested and actually bought, I think things are falling into place slowly but surely.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You're ferpectly right.
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2005, 11:49:25 am »
Don't think many teams will beat us this season and our attacking play can only improve once Crouch gets settled.
A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth.

Offline Hattori Hanzo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2005, 11:51:04 am »
Fuck me Prongsy, a bit pessimistic aint ya. Lol.

more fucked of with 10 years of frustration really, i wouldnt say it to an evertonian but we have been hiding behind shitty cups for to long, istanbul was the first major trophy for ages and we should have capitalised on it.

I was only expecting us to finish fourth and we have started well to be able to achieve that.
achieve that? achieve?

hardly a fucking achievement though is it? 4th. bloody hell thats why im so frustrated

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2005, 11:52:18 am »

"everything is rosy in our camp at the moment, not challenging for the premiership in the last 15 years is getting us exactly where we want to be, we havent got a pot to piss in in terms of transfer money to bring in players we need to win the premiership with, lets just rely on rafa to snap up bargains and make as job as hard as possible"

excuse the sarcasm but bloody hell fella, you cant say things are going well. we are far far away from being where we want, thats realistic. through a mix of bad management and bad running of the club (one way or another) we are a 4th place club at the moment.

Why don't you just give up. 4 games into the season and everything that can go wrong is going wrong. At this rate we'll get relegated.

FFS lad get a sense of perspective please. Is eveything rosy in the garden? No. But it's a fucking street away from your miserabilist outlook.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline Mudface_

• Boys Pen
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2005, 11:54:47 am »
Maybe I've got it wrong, but similar things were said about Valencia early in Rafa's first season weren't they? Too defensive, not enough goals, too much player rotation, strikers not firing etc.? I think Baraja was also their top scorer in the league that year and they got a lot of draws in the first half of the season.

Yup- first half of the season- P16 W5 D9 L2 F16 A11. Second half- P22 W16 D3 L3 F35 A16. It's not Benitez's first season here, but in terms of getting the team and personnel where he wants it and of familiarity with other teams in the league, it's broadly comparable to his initial year at Valencia.

I'd imagine he's doing a very similar thing here- make the team as hard to beat as possible at first, then as the players get used to the system bank on the results coming. We have a midfield full of goals- Gerrard, Garcia and Riise scored around 30 between them last season and Kewell on form is good for a few more- so I'm not too perturbed about the lack so far; we've certainly created plenty of chances. Slow but sure improvement is right, people seem to forget how utterly gash we were in the corresponding Utd and 'Boro fixtures last season.

As far as the transfer dealings go, the last week was a bit deflating, but it wasn't for want of trying that we failed to land the players we wanted. In addition, Reina and Sissoko alone represent a decent summer's business.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 11:57:02 am by Mudface_ »

Offline Cookie-7-

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2005, 11:55:31 am »

Yeah I am.  Benitez has my trust, and it's not blind faith because he has a proven track record of taking an unfancied team to the top in a very competitive league.  I agree with you in that we won't win the league this season, and I have already alluded to the spurious transfer dealings of the summer.  But I refuse to throw my toys out of the pram after four games.

Four clean sheets and a perfect start in Europe.  Getting back to the top is going to be a slow, steady process, not one achieved over night just because we won in Istanbul.

And Step One is putting right the league failings of last year.  By this time last year, we had conceded 5 goals in 5, losing at Bolton and at home to Man Utd.  Step One is happening right now - we are improving, specifically away from home and in terms of the fighting spirit we need to show to grind out results.

Houllier began his building process by galvanising the defence, Mourinho has done the same. How many 1-0s did Chelsea get last year.  The difference for them is that they can afford move on to Steps Two and Three immediately with a flash of the cash, but it remains that they are primarily hard to beat, whether their flair players deliver up front or not.

I'm sure that our attacking side of the team will evolve over the season, but whilst it does, I'm pleased that we are still hard to beat and that the points counter keeps on ticking week after week.
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline saltynuts

• I need to be loved
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thank you
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2005, 11:57:09 am »
not THAT much to ask is it?

just one, we dont even need a back-up!. villa, bolton, spurs have all got a right winger, let alone talking of the quality of the teams we are challenging, ronaldo, duff, swp.... we have a choice of a striker or a... youth striker.... good innit.

I agree with you, it isn't too much to ask and I was pissed of at the club for getting one, when, in actual fact we could have on two occasions but I beleive our stubborness over valuations got us nowhere. Simao and Alves being the two.....As for back up wingers....who do you get? who wants to come and be back up? In that case you'd have to go for experience and a player who doesn't mind rotation...Sallihamovich, Solano ect but you still have to pay.....

As for your assesment prongsy mate, I honestly don't think it's all bad....your post made me want to kill myself yer nutter... ;D

As Rafa says, you always have to look for positives or you get nowhere, and I beleive there is more positives than negatives, and I formyl beleive thos negatives will dissapear this season...
"You'll Never Walk Alone"

Offline Cookie-7-

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2005, 11:57:57 am »
Don't think many teams will beat us this season and our attacking play can only improve once Crouch gets settled.

Crouch, Morientes and Cisse.

Offline Hattori Hanzo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2005, 11:59:29 am »

Why don't you just give up. 4 games into the season

come on, do you honestly think thats why im negitive about it? because of a few 'mediocre' results? we are doing ok (OK) this season so far. im talking about the bigger picture.

FFS lad get a sense of perspective please.

thats exactly what i have got, a bigger perspective than just a few games, its not just that, we have missed a massive opportunity here, if you cant see it well you should be wearing pint glasses :P

Is eveything rosy in the garden? No. But it's a fucking street away from your miserabilist outlook.

maybe because of my perspective i dont think 4th is acceptable. we shouldn't be in this state. of course "state" is all down to opinion, we are bigger, more successful year in year out than villa, newcastle and portsmouth but who gives a toss, should we be greatful for that? no, 'course not. we should be pissed off that we are not up there challenging year in year out, this is just another year of non challenging.

giving up is never an option, being pissed off with the way things are doesnt mean i dont love the club. im certainly not calling for rafas head, he is the best thing thats happened to this club for 15 years and years... he might just pull us through this mess we are in at the moment.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 12:03:00 pm by Prongsy »

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2005, 12:01:14 pm »
Crouch, Morientes and Cisse.

Yer mileage may vary ;)

Offline Cookie-7-

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2005, 12:04:05 pm »
Prongsy - NO-ONE here is happy at finishing 4th, we ALL want to be challenging for the title.

But realism dictates that we won't get there in one move - and it seems that winning the CL actually made it harder for us in the transfer market rather than giving us this great opportunity you want to capitalise on.

We are all frustrated at not being 'there' yet, but this post is about recognising that we at least on the right track and making steady progress.  And if we continue to do that, we will be 'there' sooner than you think.

Offline Cookie-7-

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2005, 12:05:05 pm »
Yer mileage may vary ;)

Good job I didn't add Kewell then [as I was going to] !! ;D

Offline WOOLTONIAN

• The Garston Gasworks XI.....aka "Beryl".....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brodrick ; Vice Admiral of the Reds
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2005, 12:05:26 pm »
I honestly believed with our early start this season that we would be firing on all cylinders at this stage of the season, where others would just be getting started.
It now looks like we've stalled at the lights.
Players tired, rotation already in full swing.
It's September ! I usually expect form like this in November / December.
The next time we can spice things up is the January window (14 weeks away)

With the two Chelsea games due, I'm curious what type of team we will play at Birmingham next week.
I wouldn't be in the least surprised if we saw an early airing of the proposed Carling Cup X1
Living descendant of Sir Thomas Brodrick, Vice Admiral of the Red in the 18th Century

Offline Hattori Hanzo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2005, 12:05:53 pm »
Prongsy - NO-ONE here is happy at finishing 4th, we ALL want to be challenging for the title.

But realism dictates that we won't get there in one move - and it seems that winning the CL actually made it harder for us in the transfer market rather than giving us this great opportunity you want to capitalise on.

We are all frustrated at not being 'there' yet, but this post is about recognising that we at least on the right track and making steady progress.  And if we continue to do that, we will be 'there' sooner than you think.

ok, fair enough, we all want to win etc, im just not going to sugar coat my opinion with "at least we are making steady progress" which basically means we are slowly slowly improving.

Offline PEEWEE

• Knows a friendship bat when he sees one
  • Anny Roader
  • Kenny Dalglish is cooler than the Fonz
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2005, 12:07:50 pm »
Tell you what, I would hate to go for a pint with that prongsy lad, one miserable bastard that.

Offline Cookie-7-

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2005, 12:08:44 pm »
That's all part of the frustration Wooly, but the fixture list did give us a tough start.  I'm fully expecting our usual 'October/November blues' to take a hike this year with the likes of Blackburn, Fulham, West Ham, Villa and Portsmouth on the horizon.

Offline Hattori Hanzo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2005, 12:09:19 pm »
The next time we can spice things up is the January window (14 weeks away)

thats a good point and a good positive, we need to rectify our 'mistakes' in the transfer market asap, that would be a good move.

With the two Chelsea games due, I'm curious what type of team we will play at Birmingham next week.
I wouldn't be in the least surprised if we saw an early airing of the proposed Carling Cup X1

i think putting the european game with chelsea ahead of the league with brum would be a mistake, dont you? an d brums 3 points are just as valuable to us as chelseas, i would go all out for the 3 points at brum because we have less chance of points at chelsea

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2005, 12:09:49 pm »
more fucked of with 10 years of frustration really, i wouldnt say it to an evertonian but we have been hiding behind shitty cups for to long, istanbul was the first major trophy for ages and we should have capitalised on it.
achieve that? achieve?

hardly a fucking achievement though is it? 4th. bloody hell thats why im so frustrated

Well, it's an improvement. Dont get me wrong, I would like us to achieve first place. But, in my opinion, we aint good enough.

Could we have been? Well, my thoughts on that have been expressed already and I really cant go into the transfer failings, sorry successes, again.

But, there are many that will tell you we can finish second. I aint one of them mind.

Offline Hattori Hanzo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2005, 12:10:03 pm »
Tell you what, I would hate to go for a pint with that prongsy lad, one miserable bastard that.

yer not wrong, and i smell a bit funny

Offline WOOLTONIAN

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2005, 12:15:31 pm »
i think putting the european game with chelsea ahead of the league with brum would be a mistake, dont you?

No
Living descendant of Sir Thomas Brodrick, Vice Admiral of the Red in the 18th Century

Offline Hattori Hanzo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2005, 12:21:34 pm »
No

care to elaborate?

surely it shouldnt be our main priority to get into the knocck out stages of the european cup, but to give the premiership the best go we can?

Offline WOOLTONIAN

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2005, 12:25:39 pm »
Because I no longer believe in chasing rainbows.
Sad, but our personell look more likely contenders in European Football than we do in the Prem.

I'd rather see us win something than finishing 3rd or 4th.

Offline Cookie-7-

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2005, 12:29:54 pm »
im just not going to sugar coat my opinion with "at least we are making steady progress" which basically means we are slowly slowly improving.

Not sugar-coating, the opposite in fact.  It's an opinion which does not let the CL success does paper over the cracks and one which recognises the long road ahead.

Actually, with regard to second place, the road may well be significantly shorter, given that both Arsenal and the Mancs look weaker than they have been over the past decade.  We are catching them pretty quickly.

Second place is not impossible. Beating Chelsea over the course of a season is a different matter.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2005, 12:39:30 pm »
Not sugar-coating, the opposite in fact.  It's an opinion which does not let the CL success does paper over the cracks and one which recognises the long road ahead.

Actually, with regard to second place, the road may well be significantly shorter, given that both Arsenal and the Mancs look weaker than they have been over the past decade.  We are catching them pretty quickly.

Second place is not impossible. Beating Chelsea over the course of a season is a different matter.

Just as a matter of interest where does this belief that the Mancs aint all that this season come from?

With Arsenal losing their captain I can understand that one.

But, not about the Mancs. People say about yesterday, we showed them, they aint all that. But, I dont understand the logic as they were playing away and got a point.

Others say but we lost it last season. Well, I thought the last few seasons were primarily down to Dudek blunders more than anything else.

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2005, 12:45:53 pm »
Because I no longer believe in chasing rainbows.
Sad, but our personell look more likely contenders in European Football than we do in the Prem.

I'd rather see us win something than finishing 3rd or 4th.

Spot on, it's patent that we're still a work in progress in the premier league and Chelsea *look* uncatchable at this stage. Think we should look to defend our title and prove it wasn't a fluke.

hoonin

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2005, 12:47:23 pm »

Haven't you jumped yet?

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2005, 12:48:04 pm »
Haven't you jumped yet?

It's a long queue.  ;D

Offline Red-juvenated

• Legacy Fan
  • "Normal One"
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2005, 12:48:26 pm »
I think Rafa will give every PL game equal importance, be it B'ham or Chelsea. For the CL, our players have been there, done it and will be ready for every game. Rafa used THE WHOLE SQUAD and expects any player he picks to do the job, so whatever side he puts out against B'ham will be strong enough to come away with 3 points. He has to keep one eye on the CL fixture and will surely rest a few 'key' players that he wants to keep 'fresh' for that game, thats his style.
Doubters to Believers

Offline RedVash

• Legacy Fan
  • ...through the storm...
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2005, 12:52:39 pm »
if we win at least 2-0 against bimingham we can say that we are improved...then we have to play against chelsea and that will be a big challenge. if we win it we can call us "title challengers"
RED is not a colour.
RED is a way of life.

Offline Hattori Hanzo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2005, 12:58:24 pm »
Haven't you jumped yet?

no, ive decided to change my despicable attitude and become a good fan by saying we are doing great.

now i really do feel like jumping ;)