Author Topic: Anybody going to brussels?  (Read 22894 times)

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
Re: Anybody going to brussels?
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2005, 08:06:02 pm »
Mate when did you send your application in?  BTW got the same flights as you and in the same Hotel - Beerfest ;D

Not another one in the same hotel. :P

Offline Swoop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2005, 08:10:32 pm »
Not another one in the same hotel. :P

Must remember my t-shirt "its not my round"
Its a dogs life for me

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2005, 08:10:40 pm »
Brian, you must've amended your post before I replied.

Same flights... fookin class!  Get in!  Might have a beer or two before going continental?

Same hotel... brill!   Thought you posted it was booked out?

Offline Swoop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2005, 08:13:05 pm »
Brian, you must've amended your post before I replied.

Same flights... fookin class!  Get in!  Might have a beer or two before going continental?

Same hotel... brill!   Thought you posted it was booked out?

The link on page one leads to a website that is showing fully booked - I went through Expedia - job done - fookin class mate:-)  Think a pint or two could be arranged pre flight, although I think there will be a hell of a queu at the bar - seems the flight has at least twenty of us on it! 
Its a dogs life for me

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2005, 08:16:05 pm »
Brian, you got any suggestions what we can do to amuse ourselves for 5 hours at Dublin airport? Do we have time to go into town and have a nosey?

Offline Swoop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2005, 08:18:39 pm »
BTW way Shaun, cant wait for Sunday mate - been too long since we shared a beer and it seems like forever since Istanbul.  The Albert after the game - I'm wont sleep before the game, back in Liverpool already tonight so will just have to bounce into town tommorrow night and see who's about.

Really looking forward to Brussels.  Hangovers - you just gotta love em!!

Raptor man, Dublin is good but what time you getting in?? not that great during the day but a damm sight better than sitting in the Airport.  Let me know who is around and what time and I'll see if I can blag us a deal in a bar.
Its a dogs life for me

Offline Swoop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2005, 08:37:54 pm »
OK lads n lassess, just made a quick call.  Give me a head count of who will be in Dubs with a few hours to spare pre flight - got an inside track on a freebie session - might not come off but I will try my hardest, I know the crew involved, they wont be expecting a footy crowd thats for sure. 

If I manage to get it sorted I garuntee you will board the flight in a very merry state and with a grin as wide as the mersey tunnel ;D The fact that I am leaving Dublin at the end of the year helps - if you dont need to keep your bosses happy etc etc  ;)
Its a dogs life for me

Offline Fitz.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2005, 08:44:30 pm »
Only messin mate, it's in there with mine and the twat who blagged himself a free ticket for Sunday.

I said hello to Eve and then forgot about her, I aws going to go and talk to her and then suddenly thought 'Shit, i've got 5 minutes to go two miles.'

:D

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2005, 10:33:58 pm »
OK lads n lassess, just made a quick call.  Give me a head count of who will be in Dubs with a few hours to spare pre flight - got an inside track on a freebie session - might not come off but I will try my hardest, I know the crew involved, they wont be expecting a footy crowd thats for sure. 

If I manage to get it sorted I garuntee you will board the flight in a very merry state and with a grin as wide as the mersey tunnel ;D The fact that I am leaving Dublin at the end of the year helps - if you dont need to keep your bosses happy etc etc  ;)

Count me in.  Will drive down a bit earlier, abandon car at airport and join you lot in town.

What's opening time there?

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2005, 11:35:07 pm »

Brian, you have myself, Helly, Eve, J-P, blurred and Lo, possibly sez and one or two others. If there's beer involved you can bet Shaun will be along.

Offline cowtownred

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2005, 12:16:09 am »
Brian, you have myself, Helly, Eve, J-P, blurred and Lo, possibly sez and one or two others. If there's beer involved you can bet Shaun will be along.

Huh!

Just make sure Phil's at the lavvy when scran is served.

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2005, 12:20:01 am »
Huh!

Just make sure Phil's at the lavvy when scran is served.
Do one you. BTW longe cricket is now acceptable on sunday as the plasma is staying behind at the old house for a few days.

Offline cowtownred

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2005, 12:30:51 am »
Do one you. BTW longe cricket is now acceptable on sunday as the plasma is staying behind at the old house for a few days.

Top news, I've been practising on similar wickets!

Developed a well-disguised 'flipper' that should have old Mr.Pad everything away-with-my-head in serious diffs!

Offline Swoop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2005, 09:34:01 am »
Cool, well to let you know what I'm trying, got a new bar/resteraunt opening that one of my managers is sponsoring - its test day on Wednsday and they need a crowd to test the staff out etc.

So I have asked for a dozen tickets, if my boss doesnt get wind of what Im doing its free food and beer, and knowing him tons of champagne.  Will know by wednesday.  Anyway see you all tommorrow, and hopefully it will be a champange reunion after beating the yanks.
Its a dogs life for me

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2005, 09:49:42 am »
Cool, well to let you know what I'm trying, got a new bar/resteraunt opening that one of my managers is sponsoring - its test day on Wednsday and they need a crowd to test the staff out etc.

So I have asked for a dozen tickets, if my boss doesnt get wind of what Im doing its free food and beer, and knowing him tons of champagne.  Will know by wednesday.  Anyway see you all tommorrow, and hopefully it will be a champange reunion after beating the yanks.

We fly out on tuesday.

Offline Swoop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2005, 12:06:57 pm »
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh feck it, my addled brain.  Too much vodka red bull this week!! Must lay off it!

K, will see if I can blag him to do a session on Tuesday, if not reckon its a fast cab into town for a few swift ones, or theres a couple of half decent bars in the terminal.  Depends on time you are arriving as getting through departures can take over an hour.

Its a dogs life for me

Offline blurred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2005, 10:58:32 am »
We're on the first flight over in the morning, so land about 8ish, and then we're off at about 2 or half two in the afternoon...just by way of a reminder :wave

Offline Swoop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2005, 03:29:16 pm »
Cheers blurred,

Think the general consensus at Hotel helly yesterday was that unless you have a desperate need to be consuming alcohol at that time in the mor ning we would just hang in the airport, aided by a few cold tinnies supplied by yours truly.

You could do a dash into town but youd probably only have around 2 hours max in town.  I know 3 bars that would be open but I think I'll wait for the airport bars to open.

Havent managed to switch the day for the bar opening, soz.

Its a dogs life for me

Offline Swoop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2005, 03:56:43 pm »
Yep,

was with Shaun (cowtownred) and Neil the kiwi guy in the cammo trousers.

BTW, thanks Helly & brad for the open house.  Compled a weekend that involved 4 hous of sleep and another attempt to kill my liver ;D

Graet weekend.
Its a dogs life for me

Offline Swoop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2005, 04:05:53 pm »
Ok elly, I think from now on all RAWK memebers on entering Hotel Helly sould be issued with a big sticker with thier username on it, this will save time when trying to engage in conversation with newcomers and runks alike ;D

Whaddya reckon?
Its a dogs life for me

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2005, 04:07:15 pm »
Yep,

was with Shaun (cowtownred) and Neil the kiwi guy in the cammo trousers.

BTW, thanks Helly & brad for the open house.  Compled a weekend that involved 4 hous of sleep and another attempt to kill my liver ;D

Graet weekend.

I still have no idea who you are. Unless you were the fella with glasses? ???

Offline Swoop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2005, 04:20:01 pm »
Me on the right - no posting to the ugly thread!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 04:44:40 pm by Swoop »
Its a dogs life for me

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2005, 04:36:47 pm »
I do indeed wear bin lids.

Then I now know who you are.

Offline cowtownred

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2005, 04:47:15 pm »
Cheers blurred,

Think the general consensus at Hotel helly yesterday was that unless you have a desperate need to be consuming alcohol at that time in the mor ning we would just hang in the airport, aided by a few cold tinnies supplied by yours truly.

You could do a dash into town but youd probably only have around 2 hours max in town.  I know 3 bars that would be open but I think I'll wait for the airport bars to open.

Havent managed to switch the day for the bar opening, soz.

Brian, regrettably I do indeed feel the need for early morning beers at the start of a Euro away!

Sorry lads, I must apologise for not introducing Brian to all present yesterday. I was so anxious to attack the grub (and a great spread...ta ladies) before Philip ate everything, that I didn't introduce Brian to all he hadn't met.  Sorry bout that, feel partly responsible.

However, the situation will be rectified in Dublin/Brussels... rest assured.

Offline cowtownred

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2005, 04:49:16 pm »
By way of apology:

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2005, 04:52:53 pm »
I guessed right then.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2005, 05:05:19 pm »
No worries Shaun, not your fault at all. I think everyone was eager to get a load of the ladies' spread (ooo er missus).

Those doughnuts were fucking great. :D

Offline Swoop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2005, 06:30:10 pm »
Those donought were legend mate, never had one with jam and cream before!  Didnt help me cholestral levels much though...
Its a dogs life for me

Offline blurred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2005, 06:54:55 pm »
Hanging in the airport will probably work for us, Swoop - will probably be after some kip at that early stage in the morning what with having to be at the bloomin' airport not long after 6 in the morning...

Offline cowtownred

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2005, 08:42:00 pm »
Hanging in the airport will probably work for us, Swoop - will probably be after some kip at that early stage in the morning what with having to be at the bloomin' airport not long after 6 in the morning...

Eh, pardon?

Me n Mark will be looking for some hot party action mate!

And besides, you know I'm lively in the morning, well Id have to be given how quickly I fade at night!!

Im certain Dublin Airport has a suitable area set aside for lounge cricketers!

Offline Swoop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2005, 08:52:34 pm »
Party action is possible,  cricketing, mmm the Gardia may take issue - philistines ;D
Its a dogs life for me

Offline GlentoranMark

• Gin thief.... watch it or it’s gone and the real 'Nasty Pastie' to boot.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2005, 09:56:19 pm »
Wire the Garda €10 and you'll be fine!!  ;)
S*******s Is A 'Nasty Pastie'

Offline IrishRed

• Driven but can't drive...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2005, 10:04:42 pm »
My order history (times 2)  also showing confirmed (times 2).   1000 loyalty points each.

Hope this is true...

don't be suprised it its just registering your application Shaun

same happened with me and betis - they then decided to inform me that the system has slightly changed this year.  would be tempted to give them a shout to confirm
LFC SHOULD NEVER PLAY ON THE 15TH APRIL, NOT THIS YEAR, NEXT YEAR OR ANY OTHER YEAR

Justice

Offline cowtownred

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2005, 10:19:04 pm »
don't be suprised it its just registering your application Shaun

same happened with me and betis - they then decided to inform me that the system has slightly changed this year.  would be tempted to give them a shout to confirm

You are likely right Rich.

Will call them after tomorrow's shenanigans die down... looking forward to that....NOT!

Offline IrishRed

• Driven but can't drive...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #114 on: September 19, 2005, 11:08:15 pm »

You are likely right Rich.

Will call them after tomorrow's shenanigans die down... looking forward to that....NOT!

forgot about that....
LFC SHOULD NEVER PLAY ON THE 15TH APRIL, NOT THIS YEAR, NEXT YEAR OR ANY OTHER YEAR

Justice

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2005, 07:53:42 am »
How many are on this Guiness special flight from Dublin to Charlysomething then?
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline mally1

• Kemlynite
« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2005, 09:42:04 am »
there are 12 of us on the 14.40 to charleio and we are on the 7.am to dublin from liverpool

Offline Swoop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2005, 09:52:48 am »
Plus me and Shaun from the Irish side and I bet there will be a load of non RAWKites on it as well.

Its a dogs life for me

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2005, 04:44:39 pm »
there are 12 of us on the 14.40 to charleio and we are on the 7.am to dublin from liverpool

Your not going to be too bevvied then when you take off for Brussels?  I hate noisy planes full of yobs!
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: September 20, 2005, 05:08:57 pm »
I reckon that 14-40 from Dublin will be more than half full of people going the match. Now, who knows the best way from Charleroi to Brussels.