Author Topic: Kanye West "GB doesnt care about Black People" LIVE on TV  (Read 32568 times)

Offline tomred

• yraelo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Kanye West "GB doesnt care about Black People" LIVE on TV
« Reply #80 on: September 7, 2005, 02:08:34 pm »
But the press picked up on it quick enough.

Why was he there? It could hardly be to raise the profile of the disaster, seeing as it is the biggest story in the world at the moment, but his profile has suddenly shot up a few notches.
How does he think he can do a better job then all the rescue teams already there?
Typical of bloody celebs who don't live in the real world.

Hold on. Celebrities don't live in the real world because we don't allow them to. Maybe they're all being opportunistic, and maybe they're not. But just because they are celebrities doesn't mean they are excluded the possibility of feeling strongly about something.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #81 on: September 7, 2005, 02:10:00 pm »
I don't think Bush is a racist.

He's an oil man.  And not a very successful one.

Btw, there IS oil in Louisiana, which is why it should (have) be(en) protected better.

The Republican party got themselves elected on one issue only - tax cuts.

They've offered no good solutions to any problems other than cutting Federal spending.  They have no foresight or long range plans. 

When you think about it, how can you expect a capitalist society, interested only in the last fiscal year and the next quarter's profit, to plan for a future they they will not be in power to enjoy?

The comedian Lewis Black summed it up perfectly for me when he said, "The Democratic Party is a party of no ideas.  The Republican party is a party of bad ideas."
Kill the humourless

Offline Elli

• kelly without the k, and the y replaced with an i
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: September 7, 2005, 02:10:07 pm »
All kinds of boats from big ones to little ones to kayaks have various holes and vents and scuppers in them that need plugging - sorry I offered a list, I'm at work and can't be arsed :wave

When you sail a boat, no matter how careful you are, you get water in it. The easiest way to get the water out when you get to where you’re going is to unplug the hole.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2005, 02:13:19 pm by Elli »

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #83 on: September 7, 2005, 02:11:53 pm »
Nigemo was talking about K west

Ewok red was talking about Geldof, so on that I stand corrected.

Apology to Ewok Red. - probably why I had to ask what the fuck are you on about>

Nidgemo was not...

read it again mate.
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline Bluto-clause

• ave a go hero, first punch is free
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: September 7, 2005, 02:17:17 pm »
Nidgemo was not...

read it again mate.

Stay out of it mate, this is between me and Nigemo
During the week I check the boxes
At the week-end I fill in the blanks
And when I close my eyes at night
I'm the king of all I survey.

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #85 on: September 7, 2005, 02:19:47 pm »
What a subtle way of pointing out that you don't half read things before reading.

I accept your apology ;)
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline PaulO80

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Keep it clean shaven
« Reply #86 on: September 7, 2005, 02:21:48 pm »
Hold on. Celebrities don't live in the real world because we don't allow them to. Maybe they're all being opportunistic, and maybe they're not. But just because they are celebrities doesn't mean they are excluded the possibility of feeling strongly about something.

No, they're not excluded, and there are plenty of examples of genuinely caring celebs who do work for causes they believe in, the majority of such work we probably never hear of.

Sean Penn, if he genuinely cared, could have made a sizeable, PRIVATE, donation. But he didn't, he put himself in front of the worlds media, and he is the one who has gained most from his actions.
KRnRBF

Offline Bluto-clause

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: September 7, 2005, 02:22:09 pm »
All kinds of boats from big ones to little ones to kayaks have various holes and vents and scuppers in them that need plugging - sorry I offered a list, I'm at work and can't be arsed :wave

When you sail a boat, no matter how careful you are, you get water in it. The easiest way to get the water out when you get to where you’re going is to unplug the hole.

I'm glad you did not post a list, I would not have read it anyway.

I thought US manufactureing laws stated that all trailer boats under 20feet were designed to have flotation mechanisms built into the hull. I presume Sean penn launched his boat from a trailer, otherwise He would not have had the plug out in the first place.

Then again I know fuck all about boats, should have brought a blige pump with him, probably jettisoned it to make way for the camera gear.

Offline Bluto-clause

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: September 7, 2005, 02:24:12 pm »
What a subtle way of pointing out that you don't half read things before reading.

I accept your apology ;)

I spelt your name wrong on purpose !

:lickin

Offline Bluto-clause

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: September 7, 2005, 02:25:47 pm »
3 in a row

TIC TAC TOE !

:D

Offline tomred

• yraelo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: September 7, 2005, 02:29:53 pm »
No, they're not excluded, and there are plenty of examples of genuinely caring celebs who do work for causes they believe in, the majority of such work we probably never hear of.

Sean Penn, if he genuinely cared, could have made a sizeable, PRIVATE, donation. But he didn't, he put himself in front of the worlds media, and he is the one who has gained most from his actions.

Yes and no. If you were a celebrity, you might also feel your actions could influence things, because of the nature of our media society. And you might act publicly based on that belief.

Offline PaulO80

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Keep it clean shaven
« Reply #91 on: September 7, 2005, 02:34:56 pm »
Yes and no. If you were a celebrity, you might also feel your actions could influence things, because of the nature of our media society. And you might act publicly based on that belief.

Fair enough if it was a little heard of disaster in a country most of us wouldn't be able to spell, but this, as I said, is the biggest story in the world at the moment, it doesn't need celebrities drawing attention to it.

At best he has an inflated sense of his own importance if he thinks he can make a difference (I suspect this to be the case). At worst, he's taking advantage of other people's misery.
KRnRBF

Offline mulfella

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hedgehogs are boss
« Reply #92 on: September 7, 2005, 02:52:05 pm »

Isn't it nice sometimes though to see people actually helping rather than it just boiling down to money all the time?
A place full of grammer Nazi's?
'Grammar' and no apostrophe in 'nazis'.

Offline PaulO80

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Keep it clean shaven
« Reply #93 on: September 7, 2005, 03:02:03 pm »
Isn't it nice sometimes though to see people actually helping rather than it just boiling down to money all the time?

Yes it is, but Sean Penn is, I assume, a very rich man. The best way you or me could help would probably be to get our hands dirty, but he could afford to send a lot of money, which would be a much greater help then pissing about in a boat with a hole.
KRnRBF

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: September 7, 2005, 03:03:56 pm »
    “I hate the way they portray us in the media, if you see a black family it says they’re looting, if you see a white family it says they’re looking for food. And, you know, it’s been five days. Because most of the people are black. And, even for me to complain about it, I would be a hypocrite.

He's spot on here - anyone see that thing on Yahoo (http://news.yahoo.com/photo/050830/480/ladm10208301530%3E and http://news.yahoo.com/photo/050830/photos_ts_afp/050830071810_shxwaoma_photo1).

“George Bush doesn’t care about black people.”

And brown people, and probably some white people.

George Bush is an example of how good life can be for a white person - if a black guy had his intelligence he wouldn't be allowed to manage a McNasty's, never mind be president.

Think hes got pure balls to stand up on LIVE national TV and say that....I think he's pretty much spt on with what he says. Hats off to the fella.

Aye - he'll probably end up getting into trouble, but he's saying whats on people's minds. If that happened in the OC, then the army would have pulled out of Iraq, Kosovo, Afganistan etc., Bush would be there ASAP and all the funding for the poorer regions of the US would have been withdrawn to rebuild the OC.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: September 7, 2005, 03:09:00 pm »

Don't get me started on him! Who the fuck did he think he was when he went to Iraq - the voice of the US people? Some kind of US delegate? But he's not as bad as Bobbo the ego-maniac Geldof.

And most celebrities don't know much about the cause they are supporting anyway - ask one of those make poverty history folk why we should make it history, and they cannot give a detailed reason. Just 'its bad. it must stop. kids have flies around their mouth.'

Offline Bluto-clause

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: September 7, 2005, 03:17:23 pm »
EXACTLY WHAT HE SPOKE ABOUT

Two people doing exactly the same thing, Black = Looting   White = Finding

Racist bastard Government controlled Facist News gits !

Double click on the red text under the pic to view full size.

Maybe the could call it looting it the black guy was wading through the water with a TV on his shoulders.

Bastards
« Last Edit: September 7, 2005, 03:20:34 pm by Bluto »

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: September 7, 2005, 03:18:24 pm »
probably coz the kid had diet pepsi, and the woman had bread ;)

Offline Bluto-clause

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: September 7, 2005, 03:22:26 pm »
How on earth do you loot a shop thats under 9 feet of water and all the products are water damaged, and whos to say he did not leave the money or an I.O.U. - :)

Offline tomred

• yraelo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: September 7, 2005, 03:27:02 pm »
Yes it is, but Sean Penn is, I assume, a very rich man. The best way you or me could help would probably be to get our hands dirty, but he could afford to send a lot of money, which would be a much greater help then pissing about in a boat with a hole.

But how do you know he didn't give money too? It's lazy to dismiss all celebrities as opportunists, the same way it's lazy to dismiss all politians as power-fiends, and the same way it's lazy to dismiss all scousers as thieves.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: September 7, 2005, 03:27:41 pm »
How on earth do you loot a shop thats under 9 feet of water and all the products are water damaged, and whos to say he did not leave the money or an I.O.U. - :)

'Dear Mr Walmart,

I've robbed some stuff from you, but your shop is under water, and you'll get the insurance money anyway. PS I am white, so you don't need to press charges against me.

Signed

Puff Daddy'

Why are people robbing TV's? Do they not know that if they have been underwater that they will not work?

Offline Bluto-clause

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: September 7, 2005, 03:31:12 pm »
I thing only women are robbingthe electrical goods, and shoes

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: September 7, 2005, 03:32:09 pm »
I thing only women are robbingthe electrical goods, and shoes

and hair products

Offline PaulO80

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Keep it clean shaven
« Reply #103 on: September 7, 2005, 03:34:57 pm »
But how do you know he didn't give money too? It's lazy to dismiss all celebrities as opportunists, the same way it's lazy to dismiss all politians as power-fiends, and the same way it's lazy to dismiss all scousers as thieves.

As you can see, I'm not dismissing them all as opportunists, I'm accusing Sean Penn of being ignorant and/or exploitative.
KRnRBF

Offline tomred

• yraelo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: September 7, 2005, 03:41:08 pm »
As you can see, I'm not dismissing them all as opportunists, I'm accusing Sean Penn of being ignorant and/or exploitative.

If that was your point, fair enough. I don't know anything about Penn, so I wouldn't know. Just thought you were doing the lazy generalisation thing. Cheers.

Offline PaulO80

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Keep it clean shaven
« Reply #105 on: September 7, 2005, 03:44:56 pm »
If that was your point, fair enough. I don't know anything about Penn, so I wouldn't know. Just thought you were doing the lazy generalisation thing. Cheers.

No worries.
For the record, I'm behind Kayne West for what he said.
KRnRBF

Offline Drobs

• dnegeL
  • Legacy Fan
  • Someday, everything is gonna be different...
« Reply #106 on: September 7, 2005, 04:43:15 pm »
;D It just goes to show the mentality toward celebs though doesn't it. I don't give two hoots for them in the main, most have the money and the profile to bring things to the attention of people who would maybe otherwise not bother listening, but most do not. The ones who do use their celebrity status are accused of cashing in on the misfortune.

When i see a celeb say something on live TV he's reaching an audience, when i see a celeb knee deep in water - for whatever reason - (i don't remember seeing Sean Penn with a boat though), he seems to be helping, but he's accused of being arrogant or over-estimating his own self importance. What the fuck? Are we really that bitchy that we can slate people who are doing something about it when they could be sitting up in the hills with ample young ladies buzzing round their ding-a-lings. They are loaded after all, they therefore have everything and are complete.

Fucking hell.  :butt
**After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music **

Offline Bluto-clause

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: September 8, 2005, 04:15:36 am »
George Bush, He legacy continues

Offline Mystic Red

• Never too old to rock. May roll a bit more, but never too old to rock.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: September 8, 2005, 06:35:37 am »
The world could do with more people like Kayne West. :wellin

And what the fuck does it matter if some people don't like his music. :tosser

Integrity! Honesty! Courage! Seeing things for what they are! I'm not suprised these qualities are overlooked in todays society to snipe at someone. It's a pastime for retards.

Offline neil4ad

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #109 on: September 8, 2005, 06:55:21 am »
This is a particularly funny...and accurate...link describing Bush's reaction to the disaster in the US.  Sit through the stupid ad at the beginning to see the clip:

http://www.comedycentral.com/sitewide/media_player/play.jhtml?itemId=17879
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves." -Bill Shankly

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: September 8, 2005, 07:28:48 am »
Just to make a small point, most African American communities consider Powell and Rice complete sell outs. I think they call them coconuts.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Bluto-clause

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: September 8, 2005, 07:49:46 am »
Yeah, Harry Belafonte spoke out against Colon Power and caused a massive stir.

He said that back in the slave days, some black servants were social climbers and disregarded all the other coloured folk.
They tried to get in with the white slave masters and grassed up / turned in any blacks who were not 100% obedient.
As a reward they got to sleep in the slaves quarters with in the masters house, while all the other blacks slept in the stables and barns.

Basically saying Colon Power sold his people out and was a white mans gimp. - token negro in the bush administration.

I'm convinced to would not have got the job if he had been white. anyway Harry Belafonte said it - not me.
I was more shocked that he's still alive.

Offline Eric

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: September 8, 2005, 08:21:55 am »
It would have been more accurate if he'd said George Bush doesn't care about poor people.
The reason Kanye said that he does not care about black people is because 67% of New Orleans is black.  If this had occured in another city say...Boston the response would definitely been different. 

After 9/11 the Armed forces were swarming New York later that afternoon.  They knew about the Hurricane one full week in advance and knew New Orleans would take a direct hit.  At that point, the armed forces could have been waiting with supplies in an outlying city.  You could also argue that the Louisiana National Guard was sent to Iraq, but the US is based on a white society.  There are more poor white people in the US (40% of all on welfare are white) yet more minorities (blacks esp) are in prisons and an overwhelming majority of blacks are waiting to be executed, blacks can't catch a cab in NYC, and etc.  There are many examples of institutionalized racism in the US.

During the 2000 election, where Florida was the deciding state, people in Dade county (predominantly black) were not allowed to vote because somehow they ended up on a list of people that were convicted felons and therefore not allowed to vote.  Who is the Govener of Florida?  Jeb Bush.   

The US is a white society.

As for looting everyone can fuck off.  These are desperate people and these are desperate times.  What good is it to keep food?  So some people are taking some electronics, that's the least they should get after being abandoned by thier government.  These are people that have been systematically enslaved to never be able to advance (don't give me that Oprah and Puff Daddy shite the only way they advance is by playing the white mans game).  Those being looted have insurance.  Insurance companies and big business are the real thieves.

Offline Bluto-clause

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: September 8, 2005, 08:29:36 am »
http://www.comedycentral.com/sitewide/media_player/play.jhtml?itemId=17834

This clip is also very good,   some points made are:  Hurrican Katrina is George Bushs' Monica Lewinski, the only difference being that tens of thousands of people were not stranded for a week in her vagina. The response to this hurricane is a failure front the highest level of government.

In My opinion George Bush is a failure at every level, that is how histrory will judge him.

He hid in a hole in the ground for 2 days after 911.

invaded afganistan because he's too tight with the bin laden group to invade saudi arabia.

he only sent 11,000 troops after bin laden and let him escape

he goes on vacation everytime the shit hits the fan. (I have worked with people like that, total ineptitude)

I HOPE THIS WAKES AMERICA UP

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
« Reply #114 on: September 8, 2005, 08:37:17 am »

I HOPE THIS WAKES AMERICA UP

Too late for that, they voted him in, and he is in for another few years at least!

Offline Eric

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: September 8, 2005, 08:43:49 am »
Too late for that, they voted him in, and he is in for another few years at least!

Only 51% of half the populace voted for him.  The other half don't vote because the system is still the same no matter who is in charge.  Hopefully he has gone too far.

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
« Reply #116 on: September 8, 2005, 08:47:38 am »
This is his final term anyway isn't it?  He can't stand again can he? (or am I confusing it with something else)

If so, then in about 3 years, he'll be gone, and will leave his legacy behind for the rest of the World to clear up!

Offline Bluto-clause

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: September 8, 2005, 08:57:31 am »

3 Letters,   J  E  B

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: September 8, 2005, 09:05:58 am »
   3 Letters,   J  E  B

Surely the voting public can't be that gullible again, but then in the words of the great Dubya himself

"Fool me once, shame on you, fool me, you can't get fooled again."
Every man has a dream

Some just can't be spoken of in polite company

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #119 on: September 8, 2005, 12:03:17 pm »
The reason Kanye said that he does not care about black people is because 67% of New Orleans is black.  If this had occured in another city say...Boston the response would definitely been different. 

After 9/11 the Armed forces were swarming New York later that afternoon.  They knew about the Hurricane one full week in advance and knew New Orleans would take a direct hit.  At that point, the armed forces could have been waiting with supplies in an outlying city.  You could also argue that the Louisiana National Guard was sent to Iraq, but the US is based on a white society.  There are more poor white people in the US (40% of all on welfare are white) yet more minorities (blacks esp) are in prisons and an overwhelming majority of blacks are waiting to be executed, blacks can't catch a cab in NYC, and etc.  There are many examples of institutionalized racism in the US.

During the 2000 election, where Florida was the deciding state, people in Dade county (predominantly black) were not allowed to vote because somehow they ended up on a list of people that were convicted felons and therefore not allowed to vote.  Who is the Govener of Florida?  Jeb Bush.   

The US is a white society.

As for looting everyone can fuck off.  These are desperate people and these are desperate times.  What good is it to keep food?  So some people are taking some electronics, that's the least they should get after being abandoned by thier government.  These are people that have been systematically enslaved to never be able to advance (don't give me that Oprah and Puff Daddy shite the only way they advance is by playing the white mans game).  Those being looted have insurance.  Insurance companies and big business are the real thieves.

Good post that. I agree with it in the main.

There definitly are some underlying racist notions in the US govt.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko