Author Topic: Interesting snippet ....  (Read 9310 times)

Offline GibletII

• Anny Roader
  • Fug Off Luton
Re: Interesting snippet ....
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2006, 10:38:20 am »
The following is taken from Liverpool City Councils Major Projects list -

8. New Anfield
This holistic regeneration project for Anfield Breckfield incorporates the
restoration of Stanley Park, the construction of a new stadium for Liverpool
FC and as a consequence the development of Anfield Plaza; a mixed use
development on the site of the current stadium. The restoration plan for
Stanley Park is now complete to tender stage with start on site scheduled for
mid 2006, pending public sector funding agreements.
The process of raising the public sector funding for this project is nearing a
conclusion. The signs are looking positive. Both Northwest Development
Agency (NWDA) and Government Office via their European Objective 1
programme are in the thick of a technical appraisal and the work to date
suggests that the recommendation to the respective decision making bodies
will be positive.
Public funding is sought for associated regeneration and community
facilities. European State Aid regulations restrict public funding of any kind
being used to benefit or provide an advantage to a private sector company.
It is notable to add that Liverpool Football Club will neither receive directly,
nor benefit from any public funding investment. For these reasons,
Liverpool City Council is the applicant for public funding.
The key public funding components are; the restoration of Stanley Park and
the Gladstone Conservatory; the Community Partnership planned for one
quarter of the new stadium; the refurbishment of Anfield Youth Club and
Playing Fields at Lower Breck, public areas outside of the proposed new
stadium including multi-use games areas, paving, seating and lighting, and,
a range of highway and pedestrian works off site.
Page 26
It is anticipated that around £9 Million of Objective 1 funding will be agreed
by the regional PMC (Programme Monitoring Committee) by April 2006 at
the latest with a similar timescale for the NWDA Board to consider the
request for £17 Million.
The public funding bodies are comforted also by the proposal to create a
joint venture between the City Council and LFC, a key point in clearing State
Aid hurdles, particularly for the public funding for the Community Partnership
Centre in the new stadium, but also to deliver the long term maintenance of
the Park and Open Spaces.
To receive full funding approval Liverpool Football Club will also need to
confirm that that they have the money in place to deliver the new Stadium
project.

Nothing new I suppose, but it may clarify opinion as against conjecture.

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2006, 12:21:53 pm »
Also this in the Echo today:

Stadium support

Apr 19 2006

By Nick Coligan, Liverpool Echo

ANOTHER hurdle to Liverpool FC's stadium plans was today being removed by council chiefs.

They have started looking for a developer to restore parts of Stanley Park, alongside the planned 60,000-seater ground.

The news will please European and government officials, who had demanded the council and the club show their commitment to the £160m scheme before handing over millions of pounds.

But they still want the Reds to confirm they have the money to pay for the stadium, or the cash may be lost.

Council leader Warren Bradley said: "This scheme has been held up for far too long.

"We gave the go-ahead to the restoration of Stanley Park some time ago so it is good news that we are now advertising for a contractor to carry out the work.

"This work will be done separately from the new stadium, so we can still carry on with the park's restoration, even if the club changes its mind."

Opposition leader Joe Anderson added: "The regeneration of Anfield and Breckfield is long overdue, and residents and businesses are suffering from this project's inertia."

About £20m has been earmarked by the European Objective One programme and the North West Development Agency towards the new Anfield project.

It will not pay for the stadium itself, but for improvements to Stanley Park and the area around the ground.

The scheme will restore the park's fountains, floral displays and the Gladstone conservatory, and install new play areas.

But the Friends of Stanley Park, who oppose the stadium project, claim the public has not been prop-erly consulted over the changes.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline StevieG26

• Would like to be the first of offer his criticisms.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2006, 09:08:49 am »
Fed up of all this talk. They say redevelopment is impossible and the only way is building a new stadium, and yet they've been going on for years discussing the options.

In the meantime, stadiums like Old Trafford are being redeveloped and will have 33,000 more seats than ours as from next season. Not to mention a higher ticket price.
"Football is not a matter of life and death. I can assure you that it is much more important than that."

Bill Shankly.

Offline GibletII

• Anny Roader
  • Fug Off Luton
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2006, 10:06:55 am »
They're not discussing options though, they have the plan and have had it for years, we're dealing with the detail now.

Old Trafford is on an industrial estate, a great place to historically be after the collapse of manufacturing, the corpy over there were only too happy to get the land developed by Man United. As for ticket prices, even with their price increases they'll be cheaper than most and on a par with the rest.

One thing that does piss me off though is the lack of vision historically at Anfield, a master plan should have been in place decades ago but not to develop one after 1989 is criminal.

Offline Billy Liddell

• Main Stander
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2006, 01:33:06 pm »
EXCLUSIVE by Jane Woodhead, Liverpool Echo

EUROPEAN millions are still available for Liverpool FC's new stadium dream despite fears funding could be pulled.

Objective One moneymen today confirmed the promised £9m investment remains on the table after the city council and the club gave renewed support to the scheme.

In June it looked like the money would be lost. But the government today said council moves to appoint a contractor to renovate Stanley Park showed renewed confidence in the £160m stadium project.

However, they warned the club it has three months to provide a cast iron promise that the stadium will be built - or the cash will be lost.

Cllr Flo Clucas, who chairs the Objective One programme monitoring committee, said: "We now need the club to assure us that the stadium will go ahead."

Offline Dave_the_Red

• Kopite
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2006, 12:59:05 pm »
Could be just  me so I hold my hands  up if  I'm wrong.  Just watched the video tour of the  proposed new stadium on the official site. it seems to me that the 'virtual tour' is Different  from  the one  I've watched before?

Best leave the drink alone I think... But it does say the file was altered on the 30/04/06

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2006, 03:10:35 pm »
Could be just  me so I hold my hands  up if  I'm wrong.  Just watched the video tour of the  proposed new stadium on the official site. it seems to me that the 'virtual tour' is Different  from  the one  I've watched before?

Best leave the drink alone I think... But it does say the file was altered on the 30/04/06

that'll be the date you watched the clip ...
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline Dave_the_Red

• Kopite
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2006, 09:50:52 pm »
is it the same video?

Offline rushscored4

• Boys Pen
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2006, 10:45:33 pm »
Two years of lurking and finally something I know about! A Manc mate of mine (I know it's an oxymoron) is one of the architects at Atherden Fuller Leng (AFL) who have designed the new stadium. He's told me that the project is DEFINITELY back on and there is a team at their Liverpool office in Bluecoat Chambers allotted to the project full-time. They're currently working on 3D designs for the interiors such as corporate suites, etc.

They've recently got the stadium through "RIBA Stage D", which is the preconstruction stage, ready for formal tenders from contractors. It has been reported on K*ptalk, where I'm an Honorary Member for what it's worth, that the Carillion Group were out of the running for the construction work but this is not true as they've worked with AFL on previous projects like Melwood, the Academy and the Centenary Stand (plus OT, Carrington, Chelsea's West Stand and Elland Road).

My pal reckons construction work will begin no later than summer 2007 and should be completed in time for the start of the 2009/2010 season.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 10:47:07 pm by rushscored4 »
Don't believe your friends when they ask you to be honest with them. All they really want is to be maintained in the good opinion they have of themselves...

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #49 on: May 1, 2006, 01:47:54 pm »
Two years of lurking and finally something I know about! A Manc mate of mine (I know it's an oxymoron) is one of the architects at Atherden Fuller Leng (AFL) who have designed the new stadium. He's told me that the project is DEFINITELY back on and there is a team at their Liverpool office in Bluecoat Chambers allotted to the project full-time. They're currently working on 3D designs for the interiors such as corporate suites, etc.

They've recently got the stadium through "RIBA Stage D", which is the preconstruction stage, ready for formal tenders from contractors. It has been reported on K*ptalk, where I'm an Honorary Member for what it's worth, that the Carillion Group were out of the running for the construction work but this is not true as they've worked with AFL on previous projects like Melwood, the Academy and the Centenary Stand (plus OT, Carrington, Chelsea's West Stand and Elland Road).

My pal reckons construction work will begin no later than summer 2007 and should be completed in time for the start of the 2009/2010 season.

That seems to tie in with odds and sods I've picked up such as a major electrical contractor having seen the blueprints ahead of deciding whether to put in a tender, and a major roofing/cladding contractor being in the same position.

Oh, and we won't hold the Koptalk thing against you ;)
« Last Edit: May 1, 2006, 01:50:48 pm by Rushian »

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.
« Reply #50 on: May 5, 2006, 10:51:21 am »
It`s all gone so quiet :-\
There will always be more sheep than shepherds.

“One of my favourites is Ricardo Quaresma. The day I go back to coaching I will do everything possible to sign him. Quaresma could make any club have that extra step up in quality.” - M.Lippi, August 2007

Just fuckin sign him!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzSNuQHwZLE

Offline mr-4

• Kopite
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2006, 08:29:04 pm »
It`s all gone so quiet :-\
"Quiet before storm" springs to mind
Mourinho, 19 Feb 2004: Liverpool over Chelsea, no doubt about it
Rick Parry, 22 Aug 2006: You have to aim for the stars, not mediocrity
Chris Bascombe, 21 Sep 2006: No matter how far back you seem, when you're blessed with class, anything is possible.

Offline Onward Liverpudlian

• Kopite
« Reply #52 on: January 8, 2007, 09:28:42 pm »
Thought i'd resurrect this thread (I said i'd keep you posted) because it FINALLY looks like that old crumbling sports centre (which is situated where our new pitch is to be) is at last about to meet its maker. The aforementioned nephew from my original post has found out today from a lady he knows who works there that it will be rubble by the end of next month AT THE LATEST and letters are about to be sent out informing users (I assume regular paid users) of that. I know i've heard and subsequently posted a similar snippet or two about that sports centre in the past and ultimately we waited.....and waited and nowt happened but this latest news together with news of our hopefully successful new investment maybe just maybe things really are moving now.

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #53 on: January 9, 2007, 04:01:36 pm »
Thought i'd resurrect this thread (I said i'd keep you posted) because it FINALLY looks like that old crumbling sports centre (which is situated where our new pitch is to be) is at last about to meet its maker. The aforementioned nephew from my original post has found out today from a lady he knows who works there that it will be rubble by the end of next month AT THE LATEST and letters are about to be sent out informing users (I assume regular paid users) of that. I know i've heard and subsequently posted a similar snippet or two about that sports centre in the past and ultimately we waited.....and waited and nowt happened but this latest news together with news of our hopefully successful new investment maybe just maybe things really are moving now.
Tis a shame, the best five a side pitch on Merseyside IMO