Author Topic: Interesting snippet ....  (Read 9309 times)

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
Interesting snippet ....
« on: September 6, 2005, 06:12:13 pm »
taken from ynwa.tv:

Nothing official as yet but my nephew this week met his former manager who managed him when he played in the Anfield Junior Soccer League (who play most of their matches on Stanley Park) about setting up his own team. Anyway the manager who is heavily involved in organising and running the league told him "between you and me" that in the next few weeks the **Vernon Sangster Sports centre (The Vernie) in Stanley Park, which is currently slap bang on where the centre circle of our new stadium will be, will be given 1-2 months notice to remove everything from the centre in order that it can be demolished. Two other young nephews of mine go kickboxing at the 'Vernie' 2-3 times a week so no doubt they'll hear something soon. Some of the facilities and services that the Vernie provides will move to the nearby newly refurbished Anfield Youth club in Breckside Park whilst the stadium and new sports centre (which is part of the new stadium) is being built. I'll keep you posted.

Maybe we've secured some much needed investment - hopefully.

** The Vernon Sangster Sports centre is fully behind the new stadium and the new facilities it will provide for them - I make this point because when i posted this on the other forum other posters were concerned LFC was being a bit harsh on the people that used the centre in giving such short notice when in fact the 'Vernie' has been expecting notice to leave for some time and it won't be a big shock when it happens - so LFC isn't a nasty uncaring so and so.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 01:03:55 am by Ben S »
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
Re: Interesting snippet ....
« Reply #1 on: September 6, 2005, 06:17:01 pm »
I'll believe it's happening when I see cranes and bulldozers moving in. Until then I remain sceptical. Ta for the info.

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #2 on: September 6, 2005, 06:40:10 pm »
Ta for the info Steve.  Not sure what affect starting in the next month or so (if it does happen) would have on the opening date but it would be pushing it to open in time for 2007-08 season.

I think, if it does go ahead, that the club have played a bit of a blinder on this.  This extra few months it has taken to sort this out may have saved the club a bit of money on any loans they have due to the drop, and projected drop, in interest rates.
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 6, 2005, 08:08:35 pm »
"between you and me", eh? Why not broadcast it on the telly?

Offline [delete]

• Grafton Irregular
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: September 6, 2005, 08:15:21 pm »
"between you and me", eh? Why not broadcast it on the telly?
haha

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #5 on: September 6, 2005, 09:46:13 pm »
Something, either way has to happen sooner or later, this has dragged on for too long now.

Was the Vernie getting demolished whether LFC got the go ahead or not ? If so, and the bulldozers do move in soon, it might not mean a change in our current situation.

If the Vernie going does signal a move in the right direction for LFC, the patience and hard work put in by all those concerned in this lenghty project, may finally be rewarded.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 6, 2005, 11:58:02 pm »
taken from ynwa.tv:

Nothing official as yet but my nephew this week met his former manager who managed him when he played in the Anfield Junior Soccer League (who play most of their matches on Stanley Park) about setting up his own team. Anyway the manager who is heavily involved in organising and running the league told him "between you and me" that in the next few weeks the **Vernon Sangster Sports centre (The Vernie) in Stanley Park, which is currently slap bang on where the centre circle of our new stadium will be, will be given 1-2 months notice to remove everything from the centre in order that it can be demolished. Two other young nephews of mine go kickboxing at the 'Vernie' 2-3 times a week so no doubt they'll hear something soon. Some of the facilities and services that the Vernie provides will move to the nearby newly refurbished Anfield Youth club in Breckside Park whilst the stadium and new sports centre (which is part of the new stadium) is being built. I'll keep you posted.

** The Vernon Sangster Sports centre is fully behind the new stadium and the new facilities it will provide for them - I make this point because when i posted this on the other forum other posters were concerned LFC was being a bit harsh on the people that used the centre in giving such short notice when in fact the 'Vernie' has been expecting notice to leave for some time and it won't be a big shock when it happens - so LFC isn't a nasty uncaring so and so.

Not before bleeding time.

Let's hope there is some movement - also if there is something to tell on the stadium it might make the relative lack of summer spending more explainable.  ???
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline Onward Liverpudlian

• Kopite
« Reply #7 on: September 7, 2005, 12:44:16 am »
taken from ynwa.tv:

Thanks Rushian, i'd have got round to posting the snippet on here too (honest) but you beat me to it - not difficult as i'm a typical Mr. Non-prolific poster on here as well as YNWA.tv. :)

I've got no more info to add to what's posted but the moment my nephews get told their kickboxing destination is changing or my other older nephew hears off his ex-manager again (who no longer manages but is a AJSL bigwig) i'll post it here.

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: September 7, 2005, 01:07:34 am »
didn't realise you were registered on here Marshy or would have left it to you ... thought it was the most interesting snippet of info in quite a while.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

• Kopite
« Reply #9 on: September 7, 2005, 01:07:42 am »
Was the Vernie getting demolished whether LFC got the go ahead or not ? If so, and the bulldozers do move in soon, it might not mean a change in our current situation.

If the Vernie going does signal a move in the right direction for LFC, the patience and hard work put in by all those concerned in this lenghty project, may finally be rewarded.

Well i live not far from the Vernie and got relatives that use it regularly and i've heard nowt in the last few years of it being demolished and be rebuilt on it's own, only that it will be rebuilt within our new stadium in our West stand (Stanley Park End).

• Kopite
« Reply #10 on: September 7, 2005, 01:15:44 am »
didn't realise you were registered on here Marshy or would have left it to you ... thought it was the most interesting snippet of info in quite a while.

No problem Rushian. The New stadium has always been an interesting issue for me as i live just round the corner and am definately going to apply for a job there when it's built. I'll do anything, even sweep the floors - anything...... :)

Offline Millsee

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2005, 01:01:30 pm »
Ta for the info Steve.  Not sure what affect starting in the next month or so (if it does happen) would have on the opening date but it would be pushing it to open in time for 2007-08 season.

I think, if it does go ahead, that the club have played a bit of a blinder on this.  This extra few months it has taken to sort this out may have saved the club a bit of money on any loans they have due to the drop, and projected drop, in interest rates.

Would the drop in interest rates offset the increased charges on the fixed price building contract? Basically, these work so that the capital cost remains fixed but usually the risk of delay remains with the client.

Offline ttnbd

• Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2005, 01:40:21 pm »
Would probably depend on how much is saved on the interest rate. At the moment there is only one more projected drop in rates and that is in november

He never walked alone

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2005, 10:26:00 pm »
The other factor that could be behind this is the recent decline of steel prices

Offline Millsee

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2005, 08:28:39 pm »
The other factor that could be behind this is the recent decline of steel prices

They're just about to go back up again......

Offline Dave_the_Red

• Kopite
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2005, 02:53:46 pm »

It's now nearly 8 weeks since the first post by rushian. I've heard nothing, anybody heard anything.

I've only expecting a cancellation of the project at the agm.

Anybody remotely positive that the job Will go ahead.

Offline Millsee

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2005, 03:40:16 pm »
It's now nearly 8 weeks since the first post by rushian. I've heard nothing, anybody heard anything.

The project will not be cancelled. The stadium will be built.

It's simply a matter of when.

Offline Dave_the_Red

• Kopite
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2005, 10:04:24 pm »
The project will not be cancelled. The stadium will be built.

It's simply a matter of when.

I'm not so sure, what gives you such  confidence?

Offline ttnbd

• Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2005, 10:27:55 pm »
I'm not so sure, what gives you such  confidence?

Various things that have been going on, along with the time and effort put into the project.  It was going to take a huge increase in costs of the whole project to force the club to cancel it.

He never walked alone

Offline Millsee

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2005, 11:16:59 pm »
Various things that have been going on, along with the time and effort put into the project.

Together with the £5m or so in professional fees the club has expended so far....

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2005, 11:22:20 pm »
Some of the facilities and services that the Vernie provides will move to the nearby newly refurbished Anfield Youth club in Breckside Park

The work on Breckside has only just started and I would imagine is some months away from completion.  We (iLFC) moved our home ground to Breckside towards the end of last season and when we arrived there recently for our first league game the refurbishment had just started.

• Kopite
« Reply #21 on: November 1, 2005, 12:38:39 am »

Rushian was referring to a post i made on another site. I wish i could give you some good news but my nephews are still attending kickboxing 2-3 times a week at the Vernie and havent been told anything is to change any time soon. As i said i'll keep you posted if anything changes but i've a feeling we won't hear anything before the agm.

Offline AdamL

• Queenie's testicles, as seen in the Echo
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forever in our shadow
« Reply #22 on: November 4, 2005, 10:08:45 am »
They're just about to go back up again......

then buy shit loads now an they can leave it in our garage till they need it!
Momo Is Boss

Offline Slugworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2005, 03:23:05 pm »
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N150690051128-1452.htm

Is this the spot that is replacing the Vernon Sangster?
"There's no excuse for erectile dysfunction. If you see a fanny, gents, it's your duty to conquer it like a sleepy village. No prisoners" The Big Sam

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2005, 03:44:34 pm »
that's the temporary home when we're building the new stadium. The plans for Stanley park include a sports centre as part of the project (underneath one of the stands).

Online DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2005, 09:17:02 am »
Rushian, have you seen the noises being made by Everton, as reported in the Guardian this morning?

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,1563,1653254,00.html

Sounds like they are hoping our plans will fall through, just so they can raise the ugly spectre of ground-sharing again, the broke-ass so and so's. Can you shed any light on this?

Also, is the building of the stadium now dependent on financing from the Krafts?
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2005, 09:23:11 am »
It's just the follow up tl his comments at the AGM when put under pressure on where Everton were on stadium development. What hw says is true - Everton have effectively been boxed in by us as they couldn't show any ability to contribute to a privately financed shared stadium (we didn't want one but that's another matter) so the grant-awarding authorities are dealing with us solely.

Online DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2005, 11:27:09 am »
Out of interest, are Everton's finances as bad as reported? Also, as I asked earlier, is it a case our stadium is dependent on Kraft funds?
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline ttnbd

• Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2005, 11:55:07 am »
They were insolvent last year and more than likely a year or two prior to that too. This year they have only just escaped insolvency due to the sale of rooney. Chances are they will be insolvent again at their next accounts. They are lucky that they had rooney to sell last year else they would have been running close to threat of not being signed off as a going concern. They can't get loans from banks and their claim of reducing debt by so much is due in large probably to the fact the £10m they got from the mancs was just before the balance sheet date and as such any overdraft would have gone but after that it will increase again

He never walked alone

Offline MamboGarcia

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2006, 03:20:55 pm »
Am I correct to assume that the AGM will give us an update for when the club plans to start with the stadium?

Offline Millsee

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2006, 06:23:47 pm »
Am I correct to assume that the AGM will give us an update for when the club plans to start with the stadium?

It'll give an update, but probably no firm date.

Offline Durango

• Can see into the future...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2006, 10:00:45 pm »
February I've been told

Offline the brad

• Legacy Fan

Offline AdamL

• Queenie's testicles, as seen in the Echo
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forever in our shadow
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2006, 05:46:20 pm »
another interesting snipppet from the post
http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liverpoolfc/gronudmove/tm_objectid=16644231%26method=full%26siteid=50061%26headline=give%2dcash%2dfor%2dnew%2danfield%2dstadium-name_page.html

an excellent quote from there about the groundshare, coming from a Mr Parker who has just retired as Liverpool's regeneration director:

Mr Parker was clear that a joint stadium was unworkable.

He said: "There is no doubt there is not an appetite for a shared stadium between the clubs. There isn't the financial wherewithal necessarily at one of the clubs to be able to do things on an equitable and equal status."
Momo Is Boss

Offline General Alonso

• Kopite
  • We controlled the game. No?
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2006, 07:19:56 pm »
another interesting snipppet from the post
http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liverpoolfc/gronudmove/tm_objectid=16644231%26method=full%26siteid=50061%26headline=give%2dcash%2dfor%2dnew%2danfield%2dstadium-name_page.html

From the article:

“Last night, Steve Broomhead, chief executive of the NWDA, said: 'We are seriously looking at the proposal but I could not give a definite date for when we will give an answer.

'What we are looking at is the outputs for regeneration if we put this public money in. This for us is about the regeneration of Anfield/Breckfield, not the stadium.

Our aspiration remains a joint stadium because of the wider economic benefits it would bring but that has not precluded us from looking at it.' "

What difference does it make in terms of wider economic benefits if the stadium is shared or not shared? The infrastructure has to be built either way. The only benefits I can see are for the local pubs and chippies, as there will be twice as many home games to earn from.
We are a good team. We are a serious team. We want to win. We want to do the right thing.

Offline ttnbd

• Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2006, 08:09:32 pm »
From the article:

“Last night, Steve Broomhead, chief executive of the NWDA, said: 'We are seriously looking at the proposal but I could not give a definite date for when we will give an answer.

'What we are looking at is the outputs for regeneration if we put this public money in. This for us is about the regeneration of Anfield/Breckfield, not the stadium.

Our aspiration remains a joint stadium because of the wider economic benefits it would bring but that has not precluded us from looking at it.' "

What difference does it make in terms of wider economic benefits if the stadium is shared or not shared? The infrastructure has to be built either way. The only benefits I can see are for the local pubs and chippies, as there will be twice as many home games to earn from.

You see he's chosen his words carefully.  What he really meant to say was that it gives Everton to improve their finances if there was a shared stadium.

He never walked alone

Offline General Alonso

• Kopite
  • We controlled the game. No?
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2006, 08:16:28 pm »
You see he's chosen his words carefully.  What he really meant to say was that it gives Everton to improve their finances if there was a shared stadium.

I know. He's just a high-order c*nt.
We are a good team. We are a serious team. We want to win. We want to do the right thing.

• Kopite
« Reply #37 on: April 5, 2006, 08:29:26 pm »
I know it's a very very small cog in the new stadium will we/won't we saga/debate but my nephews kickboxing just this week has been transferred to the 'Anny' for the first time (Anfield youth club, Breckside Park) instead of where it's usually held at the 'Vernie'. Apparantly they've all been told it's because the Vernie might be closing. So for me that's it - things are now moving on the stadium issue at last, never mind whats in the Echo. ;)
« Last Edit: April 5, 2006, 08:46:09 pm by Marshy »

Offline ttnbd

• Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #38 on: April 5, 2006, 08:56:56 pm »
cheers for the info marshy

Seems like things are finally moving forward

He never walked alone

Offline mr-4

• Kopite
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2006, 01:40:27 pm »
I know it's a very very small cog in the new stadium will we/won't we saga/debate but my nephews kickboxing just this week has been transferred to the 'Anny' for the first time (Anfield youth club, Breckside Park) instead of where it's usually held at the 'Vernie'. Apparantly they've all been told it's because the Vernie might be closing. So for me that's it - things are now moving on the stadium issue at last, never mind whats in the Echo. ;)
Sigh of relief - that was a long wait, wasn't it?! Thanks for the info marshy!
Mourinho, 19 Feb 2004: Liverpool over Chelsea, no doubt about it
Rick Parry, 22 Aug 2006: You have to aim for the stars, not mediocrity
Chris Bascombe, 21 Sep 2006: No matter how far back you seem, when you're blessed with class, anything is possible.