Author Topic: What Car Do You Own/Drive?  (Read 488057 times)

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Re: What Car Do You Own/Drive?
« Reply #6040 on: July 8, 2022, 06:54:31 pm »

I think what we'll see is that you buy just the car (without batteries) then lease the battery (well, the provision of *a* battery) on a monthly basis, paying for each replacement.

It makes sense.

The trouble is, a lot of money has been invested into the charging network, which would be rendered increasingly obsolete if a [much better, more efficient] battery-replacement system became dominant.

I think that's happening with everything though, no one can keep up!

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #6041 on: July 8, 2022, 08:40:11 pm »
none

Offline El_Frank

• Main Stander
  • Doubters into believers
« Reply #6042 on: July 9, 2022, 04:42:32 pm »
It's the holier than thou attitude I've come across and the bragging about how little the car costs to charge that winds me up. Yeah, you can charge it for £4.50 but it costs £50k more than my car to buy  ;)  When I was driving the Lamborghini the other week, got chatting to a Tesla driver and he was going on about how little it cost to charge, but I paid £6k for my car, I'll never be in a situation where an EV makes economic sense.

I'm fully onboard with the need to get away from Oil, but some the EV mob leave themselves open to ridicule with the way they act all high and mighty. I don't believe what I read anymore, but is it true they had charging stations at Glastonbury running off Diesel generators?

Exactly. Electricity isn't a fuel, it has to be produced via other means. Most people at the minute seem to blindly think that an EV means clean, when it's quite the opposite.
In the future we'll all be in them as we'll be priced out of anything else, intentionally so (or at least off traditional oil, we may have hydrogen or other means yet realised) and maybe the fuel will be cleaner but we'll be on 'fuels' that will have their own risks, their own costs etc.
Someone else mentioned the materials and the mining: there is a tonne of problems with such materials, it's essentially the same as oil in many ways with regards to obtaining the materials themselves, the effects on the local areas, conflicts, and so on. Also, those with EV's: what is your cars paint made from? What is the interior made from? What are your tyres made from? That all needs to change too. And finally, what do people think is going to happen to electricity prices once everyone is on electric? They're going to go through the roof and the monopoly is going to be something else, but first they must lure people in; "you're saving the planet, buy our much more expensive product".
Also, are they going to be happy to let go of the charges they currently have for non-electric vehicles in cities and the like? No, they'll find a way to keep that rinse too.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #6043 on: July 11, 2022, 11:26:04 am »
It's the holier than thou attitude I've come across and the bragging about how little the car costs to charge that winds me up. Yeah, you can charge it for £4.50 but it costs £50k more than my car to buy  ;)  When I was driving the Lamborghini the other week, got chatting to a Tesla driver and he was going on about how little it cost to charge, but I paid £6k for my car, I'll never be in a situation where an EV makes economic sense.

I lease (get an allowance from work) and the EV I've ordered will be £100/month more than the car I've got now.

But I'll save £11/month in road tax and at least £100/month in fuel.

Then there's the servicing costs, which will be about a third of what I have to pay now.

The sums add up.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6044 on: July 11, 2022, 11:37:01 am »
:puke

I think it depends on the colour for these ones, the black and even orange ones look fantastic in my opinion

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6045 on: July 11, 2022, 12:19:51 pm »
I think it depends on the colour for these ones, the black and even orange ones look fantastic in my opinion

This is what a Mustang should look like.  ;D

I know it's all about personal taste, but I just do not like the look of boxy, sit high in the air cars, which is quite ironic considering what I drive of a weekend ;D

« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 12:28:55 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline SalahsLeftFoot

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6046 on: July 11, 2022, 12:45:00 pm »

I lease (get an allowance from work) and the EV I've ordered will be £100/month more than the car I've got now.

But I'll save £11/month in road tax and at least £100/month in fuel.

Then there's the servicing costs, which will be about a third of what I have to pay now.

The sums add up.

There was a BBC podcast the other month asking just how accurate all these savings calculations were and they came to the conclusion - after consulting experts in the field - that if you were in the position of having to buy a new car and were considering new ICE v new EV then given (i) at the current cost of petrol/diesel and electricity and (ii) the current difference in retail price it would take 400k miles for the EV to break even on the ICE. Which is roughly 10 years for the average driver in the UK  :shocked

And the cynic in me says that after 2030 there will be no saving in road tax; there is no way they can afford to miss out on the amount of revenue that road tax currently brings in.

Offline SalahsLeftFoot

• Main Stander
« Reply #6047 on: July 11, 2022, 12:47:35 pm »

Got to agree here. But then I have never owned any car that wasn't a Ford  ;D

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #6048 on: July 11, 2022, 12:53:39 pm »
I know it's all about personal taste, but I just do not like the look of boxy, sit high in the air cars, which is quite ironic considering what I drive of a weekend ;D

I have no time for most SUVs. There are a couple I do like, they look like chunky sports hatchbacks. The Cupra Formentor, the previous model AMG GLA, maybe one or two others.

I've been on the fence about changing to something more sensible than my current car, but with my current job involving a company car to take up that role, I've just decided to keep my Mini Roadster.

"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6049 on: July 11, 2022, 01:17:51 pm »
it would take 400k miles for the EV to break even on the ICE. Which is roughly 10 years for the average driver in the UK  :shocked

I'd be inrigued to see the calculation for that, because that 400k miles figure makes no sense.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6050 on: July 11, 2022, 01:19:50 pm »

I'd be inrigued to see the calculation for that, because that 400k miles figure makes no sense.

Was going to say the same.

Offline SalahsLeftFoot

• Main Stander
« Reply #6051 on: July 11, 2022, 01:40:04 pm »

Was going to say the same.

I'll try and dig it out.

to be honest the expert may not have been comparing like with like (for the retail price comparison) and may have had a fairly negative view (from an EV perspective) on savings on "pence per mile" between EV and ICE. I could also have hisheard the 400k when it was actually 40k  ???

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6052 on: July 26, 2022, 11:27:44 am »
Was reading about BMW moving to a system whereby you'll need to pay monthly or annual subscriptions to use certain functions of your car.

Want to be able to use the heated seats? It'll cost you £15/month

Haated steering wheel? £10/month

Use the headlight assist? Another £10/month

More additional charges to use wireless Apple Carplay/Android Auto, or the adaptive cruise control.

These are all functions that are already built into the car. But BMW puts a 'software blocker' on being able to use them. Pay them extra money and they unblock the software.

Greedy, greedy c*nts.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #6053 on: July 26, 2022, 11:32:48 am »
^
I genuinely had to check it wasn't April 1st after reading your post.  :o
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6054 on: July 26, 2022, 11:36:19 am »
Was reading about BMW moving to a system whereby you'll need to pay monthly or annual subscriptions to use certain functions of your car.

More additional charges to use wireless Apple Carplay/Android Auto, or the adaptive cruise control.

These are all functions that are already built into the car. But BMW puts a 'software blocker' on being able to use them. Pay them extra money and they unblock the software.

Greedy, greedy c*nts.

Who cares.  Driven by wankers anyway.  They are just exploiting the wanker market a bit more  ;)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 11:38:11 am by Red-Soldier »

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6055 on: July 26, 2022, 12:04:52 pm »

Greedy, greedy c*nts.

I don't actually think it's that bad of an idea compared to the existing model.

Currently, these features do not come with the car as standard. So, as an example, to add a package with heated seats and a heated steering wheel, it'll at present add on just shy of £1,000 to the price of the car, or around £20 a month if you got it on a PCP. So if those things were of interest to me, I'd rather pay the monthly add-ons during the winter rather than having to pay more from the outset or every month even though I had no use for them for most of the year. I guess the issue is that it will also encourage people to pay for them that wouldn't have ordinarily chose to have a car operating with such features, just because they can, and those that would normally get a high-spec car will likely end up now paying more for the privilege.

It might also benefit the second-hand market as a car that wouldn't have normally had these features can now have them "switched on". Better for buyers looking for high-spec (although likely more costly) and better for sellers as their car has more features.

Obviously there are drawbacks too and BMW will only be doing it as they will think it'll be more profitable to them, but there are some advantages for some types of consumer as well I think.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 12:09:07 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #6056 on: July 26, 2022, 12:10:38 pm »
I think its a little bit more than that.

The module is already installed in the car. It costs money already. BMW will charge you for that. Thats how things currently are.
The switching on/off is a monthly feature. Which would cost you, on top of the cost of the module itself.
I dont think the price of the module (to the end consumer) is going to reduce because they are shifting to this subscription method.

Ot atleast thats what I understood.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6057 on: July 26, 2022, 12:22:43 pm »
I think its a little bit more than that.

The module is already installed in the car. It costs money already. BMW will charge you for that. Thats how things currently are.
The switching on/off is a monthly feature. Which would cost you, on top of the cost of the module itself.
I dont think the price of the module (to the end consumer) is going to reduce because they are shifting to this subscription method.

Ot atleast thats what I understood.

Will have to wait and see if a base BMW starts to cost more with these features added as standard.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #6058 on: July 26, 2022, 12:41:34 pm »
I can see why BMW chooses such a model.

We did a consulting project where we analysed a prominent premium car model for all features and all accessories. We had 2.5 billion permutations and combinations. Yes. With a B.

I will give you an example. Suppose a company offered a car with 3 different body types, 10 different body colours, 5 different wheel designs and 3 different engines. We have 3x10x5x3 (=450) different combinations that this vehicle can be ordered. And this is even before considering size of the wheels, fuel type, safety features, and all types of accessories within the occupant compartment.

This OEM wanted to reduce the complexities because many millions of combinations will never be sold or even considered. That means probably ordering parts that storing them in the warehouse. By reducing parts complexity, the manufacturing process is standardised and lesser inventory translating to lower cost to the end consumer. I can agree with this logic.

Lync & co, for example, has everything standardised. You can only order the car in black or blue and with or without trailer hook. Thats all. So 4 possibilities. Thats it. Everything else is within the car.

I dont agree with the subscription though. That is a dick move.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6059 on: July 26, 2022, 12:56:33 pm »
I can see why BMW chooses such a model.

We did a consulting project where we analysed a prominent premium car model for all features and all accessories. We had 2.5 billion permutations and combinations. Yes. With a B.

I will give you an example. Suppose a company offered a car with 3 different body types, 10 different body colours, 5 different wheel designs and 3 different engines. We have 3x10x5x3 (=450) different combinations that this vehicle can be ordered. And this is even before considering size of the wheels, fuel type, safety features, and all types of accessories within the occupant compartment.

This OEM wanted to reduce the complexities because many millions of combinations will never be sold or even considered. That means probably ordering parts that storing them in the warehouse. By reducing parts complexity, the manufacturing process is standardised and lesser inventory translating to lower cost to the end consumer. I can agree with this logic.

Lync & co, for example, has everything standardised. You can only order the car in black or blue and with or without trailer hook. Thats all. So 4 possibilities. Thats it. Everything else is within the car.

I dont agree with the subscription though. That is a dick move.

Yeah I can see the point from BMW's side. I know from cars I've had in the past, if I wanted to retrofit certain things such as central locking or electric windows or heated seats, then I have to wire them in myself, as the loom didn't have the wiring. I have had a base spec car that did have the top spec loom, so it was just a case of plugging things in, but that was an old Capri or Cortina from the late 70's, nothing newer. Always thought it's not an efficient thing to do to have to build different looms for different spec cars. It must be cheaper in the long run to build every car at the same high spec.

There will be geeks trying to work out how to switch the things on and hide it from BMW, as I know BMW constantly monitor their cars with BMW assist, my director got a phone call from BMW while driving down the M6 to inform him of a developing fault and to book the car into a dealer, so they will be looking for things like heated seats coming on without a subscription.

It is a dick move as while people will be happy to not specify heated seats, steering wheels etc, the temptation to activate them will be too much and once you've used a heated seat on a freezing cold morning, you'll want them all the time. I was in work at 5am last Saturday and it was chilly enough at 4:30 for me to pop the seat heater on for a few minutes.
Jurgen YNWA

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6060 on: July 26, 2022, 08:49:25 pm »
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand hacked :D

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6061 on: July 27, 2022, 07:55:53 am »
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand hacked :D

Going to be a huge market for it :lmao

If i was in the market for a second hand car, I'd only buy one that either didn't charge for the stuff or that has been hacked. Wonder how it will affect non main dealers selling used cars, will they be expected to check the car hasn't been hacked?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #6062 on: July 27, 2022, 11:29:55 am »
Thats a very good point actually.

Because it works on a monthly subscription, I would assume the seller to disable all subscriptions before giving it to the dealer/seller.

However, if its hacked, I would assume the hackers to do much more than just disable/able the seat heating or steering wheel heating. More like, recalibrating CBU remotely, or extending range (has anyone ever hacked Tesla?!?), or forging service history and the likes...

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6063 on: July 28, 2022, 01:08:51 pm »
Got a warning light on my car (2015 BMW 1 series) saying the battery is not charging, is it just a simple battery change that's needed? Saw online it can also be something to do with the alternator.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6064 on: July 28, 2022, 01:09:36 pm »
Did you pay for the battery charging subscription? :D

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6065 on: July 28, 2022, 01:12:23 pm »
Moving from my Diesel 1.6 VW Golf to a VW Golf Life 1.5 TSI... whatever that means.

Company car which I never use for work on account of remote working.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6066 on: July 28, 2022, 02:13:41 pm »
Got a warning light on my car (2015 BMW 1 series) saying the battery is not charging, is it just a simple battery change that's needed? Saw online it can also be something to do with the alternator.

Normally its the alternator that is failing to charge when you get that light. Nip down to a local Kwik -Fit (or a motor factor if they offer the free check)  and get the battery and charging circuit checked.

https://www.kwik-fit.com/batteries/information/free-battery-check
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6067 on: July 28, 2022, 02:15:43 pm »
Moving from my Diesel 1.6 VW Golf to a VW Golf Life 1.5 TSI... whatever that means.

Company car which I never use for work on account of remote working.

Engine is a 1.5ltr Turbo Petrol.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6068 on: July 28, 2022, 09:02:34 pm »
;D

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #6069 on: July 29, 2022, 07:48:14 am »

:thumbsup :thumbsup

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6070 on: July 29, 2022, 02:59:49 pm »
Sorry Graeme 10/10 post but the news I got has completely pissed me off I can't even muster up a smile. Turns out there's a massive oil leak and it's displaced the belt which is why the car is running on the battery at the moment. I didn't really understand it but that's how he described it. I definitely need to go electric asap.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6071 on: July 29, 2022, 04:43:33 pm »
Urgh. How much to fix? This is why I switched to leasing. Fixed monthly amount and the car will always be under warranty.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #6072 on: July 29, 2022, 08:26:42 pm »
There is thing in Germany called car subscription.

So you pay like 500 euros a month and you get the car, like a small SUV, medium sized sedan and the likes.

Whats included..

1. About 1500 kms a month
2. Full vehicle insurance
3. Fully cost of yearly maintenance
4. Summer tire winter tire rotation and storage
5. Road tax

Whats not included
1. Fuel cost

If I pay 675 a month (incl. tax) and I could be driving a BMW 3 series, 800 could get me a 5 series and 1000 for the top-of-the-line Tesla.

Makes great idea for a shot term deal to try out the car and decide if we want to own them permanently.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6073 on: July 30, 2022, 08:53:32 am »

So you pay like 500 euros a month and you get the car, like a small SUV, medium sized sedan and the likes.

Whats included..

5. Road tax

Whats not included
1. Fuel cost

If I pay 675 a month (incl. tax) and I could be driving a BMW 3 series, 800 could get me a 5 series and 1000 for the top-of-the-line Tesla.

Makes great idea for a shot term deal to try out the car and decide if we want to own them permanently.

Someone would clean up if they did £150-£200 a month for electric vehicles for students/nurses etc

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #6074 on: July 30, 2022, 09:15:55 am »
Had my GR Yaris for almost a year now. Still love this incredible little machine,and it still makes me smile more than anything I've ever driven.

"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6075 on: July 30, 2022, 12:31:22 pm »

Whats included..

5. Road tax

Whats not included
1. Fuel cost

My neighbour has done this for about three months and is happy with it and I’ve started to look into it as an alternative
to my pcp which is up in November . My car has a surplus atm due to used car prices still having value in them so thinking
of the change .

The pluses seem to be

Never having a car more than 12 months old
A different model every six months if you want
no initial deposit besides a one off £550 fee
Can take a break if circumstances dictate

The minus is it seems to be roughly about £100+ a month more expensive taking every into consideration , seems to be a new
alternative and with the price of cars going up plus finance rates it’s a bit more attractive

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6076 on: July 30, 2022, 12:45:29 pm »

Whats included..

5. Road tax

Whats not included
1. Fuel cost

I’ve thought it would be good to have this seasonally so you could have a 4x4 for 3 months of the year when it might be needed.

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
« Reply #6077 on: August 1, 2022, 01:10:39 am »

UPDATE:

Have driven 1,500 miles in this Hybrid so far.

Averaging 59 miles per gallon.

I can't see me ever going back to a pure petrol or diesel engine....not at current fuel prices!!

Though far from being a performance car....it pulls quite well in "sports mode" too...so you don't have to just potter about in ECO if you feel like giving it the juice now and then.

We wanted a sedan that would be economical with lots of bells and whistles.

Ok...the heated steering wheel has yet to be tried out, but the air-cooled-seats definitely felt good during the recent heatwave the other week.

So yeah, happy with it so-far!!

It's got us on the "leccy" ladder...so we're feeling a bit more reassured that when that kicks in BIG TIME in a few years, we'll be a bit more conversant with that side of things.

YNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6078 on: August 1, 2022, 09:22:19 am »

Have driven 1,500 miles in this Hybrid so far.

Averaging 59 miles per gallon.

I can't see me ever going back to a pure petrol or diesel engine....not at current fuel prices!!

Though far from being a performance car....it pulls quite well in "sports mode" too...so you don't have to just potter about in ECO if you feel like giving it the juice now and then.

We wanted a sedan that would be economical with lots of bells and whistles.

Ok...the heated steering wheel has yet to be tried out, but the air-cooled-seats definitely felt good during the recent heatwave the other week.

So yeah, happy with it so-far!!

It's got us on the "leccy" ladder...so we're feeling a bit more reassured that when that kicks in BIG TIME in a few years, we'll be a bit more conversant with that side of things.

I'm not sure if the Hybrids do it but can you preheat / Precool the car with the app? I think it might be a subscription thing (free if leasing) but a life saver on Winter mornings and I assume precooled on Hot days is great when out an about

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
« Reply #6079 on: August 1, 2022, 11:21:57 pm »
I'm not sure if the Hybrids do it but can you preheat / Precool the car with the app? I think it might be a subscription thing (free if leasing) but a life saver on Winter mornings and I assume precooled on Hot days is great when out an about

Yep....there's a phone app that lets you do all that....plus, if you leave the car unlocked, you'll get a text and be invited to lock it remotely. You'll then get a confirmation text to say the car's now been secured.

I think all of these features are definitely going to be the new battleground for future buyers who are evaluating different cars in similar classes. Ironically....MG lost MY potential custom immediately because their cars didn't even have an "outside temp" display on the dash. I mean...man....such an easy, standard thing (nowadays) but they opted to leave it out for reasons best known to themselves....and made me (a potential customer) an instant "walk-away."

I mean...it really was a deal-breaker for me!!

YNWA