Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2807966 times)

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #48040 on: August 24, 2018, 08:08:16 pm »
Dolphins 3 Pittsburgh 0 was a fucking Monday night game once upon a time haha
mud wrestling battle

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #48041 on: August 25, 2018, 04:12:25 am »
The steelers won that 3-0 not the phins
YNWA

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48042 on: August 25, 2018, 05:50:20 am »
The steelers won that 3-0 not the phins

Nobody won.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #48043 on: August 25, 2018, 06:25:03 am »
 ;D
YNWA

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #48044 on: August 25, 2018, 06:29:57 pm »
Anybody else enjoy Deadspin's "Why Your Team Sucks" series? From the Chiefs' edition:

Two deaths in the stadium parking lot. One playoff win.

Christ.  ;D

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #48045 on: August 26, 2018, 07:53:42 pm »
Mass shooting at NFL event in Jacksonville :(

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #48046 on: August 26, 2018, 08:53:01 pm »
Eric Decker has announced his retirement from the NFL, fortunately i wavered him a couple of days ago for Kerwynn Williams in my fantasy team.
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #48047 on: August 28, 2018, 03:53:42 am »
Odell Beckham Jr has signed a 5 year extension with the Giants for $95 million, with $65 million guaranteed.
#Sausages

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #48048 on: August 28, 2018, 12:06:40 pm »
Anybody else enjoy Deadspin's "Why Your Team Sucks" series? From the Chiefs' edition:

Christ.  ;D

In the savage Buffalo edition

Oh. For those of you just joining us, LeSean McCoy is currently under investigation for possibly hiring a goon to break into his ex-girlfriend’s house to assault her and steal back some of his jewelry. It’s like the Rae Carruth case and the Ray Rice case all in one, so that’s a fun little time bomb that’s set to go off sometime around, oh, let’s say Columbus Day, just to be WACKY. You gotta work hard to be the most disgraced running back in Bills history, but LeSean might be gunning for it.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #48049 on: August 28, 2018, 01:48:28 pm »

Christ.  ;D
The reader who told the story about giving a fellow fan a high five during a game just as he shouted 'White Power!' out loud really tickled me. Every single story suggests that attending an NFL game is pretty much the 9th circle of hell.  It's one of my favourite things about the pre-season.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #48050 on: August 28, 2018, 02:27:47 pm »
Also props for bringing up in the Lions preview the following

The Michigan accent is like a preview of tinnitus. And the worst part is that people from Michigan refuse to acknowledge that they have one. “You guys that is NAAAAAAAT MY AAAAXENT!” Yes it is.

This is true

NO HIGHWAY PROJECT IN THAT STATE WILL EVER BE FINISHED.

As is this

We’re the Tiffany Trump of the NFC North; we’re not even relevant enough to be Eric.

I emigrated from Ukraine to Detroit with my parents in 1991, in order to escape the oppressive, depressing, collapsing empire of the Soviet Union. Then we became Lions fans and felt like we were instantly back in the old country

The defensive coordinators in last year’s Super Bowl were our previous and incoming head coaches. The game set records for most total points allowed and total offense, and we hired the guy that lost.

:lmao

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #48051 on: August 29, 2018, 11:13:15 am »

So the Raiders trade for Ryan Switzer to be their #1 Returner, Griff Whalen outshines him in Pre-Season but goes down injured, so then the Raiders trade-away Switzer (flipping a 6th for a 5th from the Steelers). Surprised and not at the same time. I can only assume Whalen`s injury is not serious, just as long as Jalen "Butter Fingers" Richard is not back there returning punts when the season begins. There has been some turn-over in players in Oakland, which to me does not bode well.

Positives:

RB-Hoping that Chris Warren III can usurp DeAndre Washington (or ideally Doug Martin) for a roster spot. The guy is huge and has been excellent in pre-season.

DL-The influx of PJ Hall, Mo Hurst and & Arden Key seems to offer great hope for that unit. Fadol Brown (Rookie) also looks good. But we need to give Khalil Mack his cash.

Negatives:

Apart from the Mack situation, don`t see much at WR behind Cooper. Hopefully wrong.

Linebackers still having problems covering the pass. Derrick Johnson may be (still) a great runstopper at 36 but I don`t see him covering anyone.

DBs- another season, another batch. We just ditched Obi Melinfonwu, our 2nd round safety from last year.  Reggie MacKenzie has had some great drafts, but DB seems to be his blindspot. Gruden has moved for veterans.

It`s gonna be weird seeing Seabass play for the Seasucks & Marquette King for the Donkeys.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #48052 on: August 29, 2018, 01:22:33 pm »
The Raiders negatives can be summed up in two words: Jon Gruden. I still can't believe they gave him a ten year deal to take the Raiders back two decades. He'll fit in once they move to Vegas

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #48053 on: August 29, 2018, 06:00:54 pm »
Going to be a long season for my Cowboys if the pre-season is anything to go by..... :'( :'(
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #48054 on: August 29, 2018, 06:17:27 pm »
BREAKING 🚨 The #Packers and 2-Time MVP QB @AaronRodgers12 have agreed to terms on a 4-year extension worth $33.5 million in new money...plus incentives per year...He gets over $100 million in guarantees.

Cheap at twice that price to be honest.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #48055 on: August 29, 2018, 06:18:57 pm »
Going to be a long season for my Cowboys if the pre-season is anything to go by..... :'( :'(

I wouldn't take any notice of preseason games, as i've already said NFL preseason is the most pointless preseason in Sports that have preseason, the Browns went 4-0 in preseason last year then went 0-16, same with the 2008 Lions, teams have gone 0-4 in preseason then win the SB.
#Sausages

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #48056 on: August 29, 2018, 06:47:41 pm »
BREAKING 🚨 The #Packers and 2-Time MVP QB @AaronRodgers12 have agreed to terms on a 4-year extension worth $33.5 million in new money...plus incentives per year...He gets over $100 million in guarantees.

Cheap at twice that price to be honest.

Thank the lord, hallelujah, praise be to god etc.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Mr F

• uckwit
  • Kopite
« Reply #48057 on: August 29, 2018, 07:48:04 pm »
Saints trade for Bridgewater! Didn’t see that coming (the team at least). Guess the Jets are going all in on Darnild this year then.
Chardee MacDennis: The Game of Games

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #48058 on: August 29, 2018, 08:39:49 pm »
Loving it.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #48059 on: August 29, 2018, 09:32:39 pm »
Saints trade for Bridgewater! Didn’t see that coming (the team at least). Guess the Jets are going all in on Darnild this year then.

Tom Pelissero@TomPelissero
Crazy scene: #Jets players were on the bus when they stopped, told Teddy Bridgewater he’d been traded, he waved goodbye, then they drove off, source said. Bridgewater headed to the #Saints. Wild.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #48060 on: August 30, 2018, 08:11:12 am »
The Raiders negatives can be summed up in two words: Jon Gruden. I still can't believe they gave him a ten year deal to take the Raiders back two decades. He'll fit in once they move to Vegas

Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. For now.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #48061 on: August 30, 2018, 09:58:29 am »
Tom Pelissero@TomPelissero
Crazy scene: #Jets players were on the bus when they stopped, told Teddy Bridgewater he’d been traded, he waved goodbye, then they drove off, source said. Bridgewater headed to the #Saints. Wild.

That's the jets! Amazed someone gave them a third for a one-year rental. Saints really are all in this year with no 1st or 3rd now next year.

What kinda deal you going to get him on if don't play him? Is Brees 1 and done? Weird.
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #48062 on: August 30, 2018, 01:24:04 pm »
That's the jets! Amazed someone gave them a third for a one-year rental. Saints really are all in this year with no 1st or 3rd now next year.

What kinda deal you going to get him on if don't play him? Is Brees 1 and done? Weird.

The Saints media on Twitter seem to believe its with an eye on keeping him to replace Brees long-term with this season being used as a trail period to get a closer look at him, with a view to giving Bridgewater a deal with Brees gone in two years. It's actually a pretty smart deal if New Orleans thinks they are getting a future starter. The Jets though are going all in on Darnold. Poor kid.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #48063 on: August 30, 2018, 02:06:42 pm »

Yeah, really up on the starters, even on defense, this year. If everyone is fit, it could be really good.*

Problem is people aren't fit. Frederick is out with GBD for a likely minimum 8 weeks, Martin may or may not be ready after the knee injury, Fraizer dislocated his shoulder against Arizona, Brown is out with a hamstring, Woods is also out with hamstring issues, Lee has been very limited in training (though apparently that's "managing" him, not injuries).

Looney in at Centre for Frederiks with essentially no experience behind him. Chaz Green has fallen off a cliff since an already bad season last year, rumbles that he may not make the cut. First and 2nd choice FS carrying injuries and no one of any experience or much talent behind them. The outer shell may be good enough, but the underside is very soft on the team.

*That's just the team lining up, not taking into account the schedule which is pretty brutal for the Cowboys this year. The most optimistic Cowboys pundits were putting them at 10-6 if everyone stays fit and a bit of luck, but that was before implosion at Safety, Fredricks out for half the season and taking into account any other injuries that may crop up. There's basically no replacing Dak & Zeke on the team, either one of those going down is curtains so, even taking the whole "preseason means nothing" under advisement, our 'Boys will be lucky to hit anything near 10-6 and even with that, could probably miss the play-offs the NFC is so stacked.

"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48064 on: August 30, 2018, 02:43:24 pm »
The Saints media on Twitter seem to believe its with an eye on keeping him to replace Brees long-term with this season being used as a trail period to get a closer look at him, with a view to giving Bridgewater a deal with Brees gone in two years. It's actually a pretty smart deal if New Orleans thinks they are getting a future starter. The Jets though are going all in on Darnold. Poor kid.
How are they paying him next year with brees playing on 33m? Nevermind telling him to sit for TWO years with free agency next year. Weird. 

Cowboys are one hard Team to figure out for me this year, could go 10-6 or 6-10 depending on oline, Dak and things going well/bad.

In fact, I can make case for anyone to win the East giving Files comeback to earth, Jeffrey out first couple etc etc. Hard division to call.

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48065 on: August 30, 2018, 02:46:40 pm »
I'd be stunned if the Cowboys end up with a winning record. Their receiving corps is one of the very worst in the NFL. Prescott and Elliott deserve statues if they make the playoffs.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #48066 on: August 30, 2018, 08:00:26 pm »
Yeah, really up on the starters, even on defense, this year. If everyone is fit, it could be really good.*

Problem is people aren't fit. Frederick is out with GBD for a likely minimum 8 weeks, Martin may or may not be ready after the knee injury, Fraizer dislocated his shoulder against Arizona, Brown is out with a hamstring, Woods is also out with hamstring issues, Lee has been very limited in training (though apparently that's "managing" him, not injuries).

Looney in at Centre for Frederiks with essentially no experience behind him. Chaz Green has fallen off a cliff since an already bad season last year, rumbles that he may not make the cut. First and 2nd choice FS carrying injuries and no one of any experience or much talent behind them. The outer shell may be good enough, but the underside is very soft on the team.

*That's just the team lining up, not taking into account the schedule which is pretty brutal for the Cowboys this year. The most optimistic Cowboys pundits were putting them at 10-6 if everyone stays fit and a bit of luck, but that was before implosion at Safety, Fredricks out for half the season and taking into account any other injuries that may crop up. There's basically no replacing Dak & Zeke on the team, either one of those going down is curtains so, even taking the whole "preseason means nothing" under advisement, our 'Boys will be lucky to hit anything near 10-6 and even with that, could probably miss the play-offs the NFC is so stacked.

spot on, worried about our receivers too, plus Written has retired, backups have looked woeful in some of the pre-season games I've seen.

Still hoping we'll pull off a trade for Earl Thomas which will help the defence and hoping Randy Gregory can put his drug issues behind him. Should know sometime today whether he is allowed to start the season

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #48067 on: August 30, 2018, 08:01:46 pm »
I'd be stunned if the Cowboys end up with a winning record. Their receiving corps is one of the very worst in the NFL. Prescott and Elliott deserve statues if they make the playoffs.
I'm yet to be convinced about Dak, poor last season, although he did have to carry the team after Elliott got suspended

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48068 on: August 30, 2018, 08:05:10 pm »
I like him actually, really good football brain. MNF will suck without him too.

Offline dptlfc83

• Main Stander
« Reply #48069 on: August 31, 2018, 11:19:45 am »
Really looking forward to this starting next week. Hopefully the pride of Wisconsin, the packers, can make it to the Super Bowl. It'll be difficult especially with the vikings in the same division. I despise the vikings so I hope they go 0-16.
As long as Rodgers stays fit we've always got a chance!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #48070 on: September 1, 2018, 12:01:00 pm »
I'm yet to be convinced about Dak, poor last season, although he did have to carry the team after Elliott got suspended

Their schedule screams 8-8 season at best. If things go well for them and Foles/Wentz struggle maybe they have an opportunity. The NFC East looks a potential mess that the Eagles should walk if Wentz is healthy, Foles maintains his playoff form.

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48071 on: September 1, 2018, 02:34:43 pm »
Rai-durrrrhhhsss

Gruden is going to be back ta ESPN by Nov at this rate...

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #48072 on: September 1, 2018, 02:44:10 pm »
SportsCenter@SportsCenter
The Raiders and Bears have an agreement in place to trade Khalil Mack to Chicago, sources tell @AdamSchefter

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet
Sources: The #Bears are giving 2 first-round picks to the #Raiders for star Khalil Mack. That may not be it, but that is the crux of the deal. A huge, huge deal.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2018, 02:46:06 pm by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #48073 on: September 1, 2018, 02:53:50 pm »
It's cut day, when the final 53 man rosters are announced, Vikings have already cut Cayleb Jones, Antwione Williams.
#Sausages

Online Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #48074 on: September 1, 2018, 03:06:06 pm »
SportsCenter@SportsCenter
The Raiders and Bears have an agreement in place to trade Khalil Mack to Chicago, sources tell @AdamSchefter

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet
Sources: The #Bears are giving 2 first-round picks to the #Raiders for star Khalil Mack. That may not be it, but that is the crux of the deal. A huge, huge deal.

Raiders are tanking without even planning to. They'll win about 3 games this season if they're lucky.
This is on Davis and Gruden. It's going to be such a disaster.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #48075 on: September 1, 2018, 05:07:00 pm »
It's cut day, when the final 53 man rosters are announced, Vikings have already cut Cayleb Jones, Antwione Williams.

Feel for Corey Colman Bills are cutting him.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #48076 on: September 1, 2018, 05:46:37 pm »
Finaly the Mark Herzlich journey is OVER.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #48077 on: September 1, 2018, 05:54:44 pm »
The Raiders have often found ways to shoot themselves in the foot......  but this isn't one of them.

Yes Mack is a great player, but they can't keep dishing out $100 mil contracts. They have Carr, Cooper, Mack was still under contract and sat out like a baby through all of the offseason.

Will this set a precedent for players to honour their contracts? not really, but the Raiders had to make a choice.

Two 1st round draft picks is not bad (and potentially enough money to sign someone else).

Mack is a great player and I would have loved to keep him, but ultimately he played hard ball and now he gets to enjoy Da Bears, he is just one player, Suh was paid a mountain when he went to the Dolphins and meh.

Not a great situation, but in all of the past bad moves for some reason I can't put this on the team this time. At some point you draw the line.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48078 on: September 1, 2018, 06:09:10 pm »
As a Bears fan, exciting move to add to what was already a very promising defence.

Giving up 2 first rounders while the receiving corps still needs work is a little bitter but there's no guarantees those picks would have turned to gold anyway.

Offline dptlfc83

• Main Stander
« Reply #48079 on: September 1, 2018, 07:00:43 pm »
As a Bears fan, exciting move to add to what was already a very promising defence.

Giving up 2 first rounders while the receiving corps still needs work is a little bitter but there's no guarantees those picks would have turned to gold anyway.

As a packers fan, I hope we destroy you next week.

Kalil Mack does improve you a lot tho.