Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 2992119 times)

Online L4Red

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #64640 on: November 18, 2020, 06:37:48 pm »
Imagine if this was at Anfield with what 70k  there?

If he does the unlikely surely he can try and demand the rematch is here? Not that Canelo would fancy leaving Vegas

Offline Samie

• The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64641 on: November 18, 2020, 06:47:03 pm »
Agreed mate. Maybe at Wembley in front of 100k is doable. But no way he's coming up North.  ;D

Offline jonkrux

• Believer
« Reply #64642 on: November 18, 2020, 07:06:41 pm »
 ;D
If Smith wins he may have no choice though. Rematch at Anfield would be fantastic

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #64643 on: November 18, 2020, 09:25:53 pm »
Would be good to see Callum win but I have a feeling he’ll get knocked out. Canelo is an absolutely awesome fighter. If Smith goes the distance he’ll have done well, but can see Canelo ripping him a new one big time and stopping him.

Offline I've been a good boy.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it."
  • Believer
« Reply #64644 on: November 19, 2020, 06:39:58 pm »
Dubois v Joyce and AJ v Pulev are being held at what looks like a wedding hall. I suppose no need to have it at the o2 but what a weird setting.

Also never knew Joyce is 12 years older than Dubois! Always thought he was a young prospect. Can't see him becoming a world class fighter, he's started far too late in the game.

Offline Samie

• The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64645 on: November 19, 2020, 06:41:42 pm »
Joyce is the "Young Ben Foster" of the British boxing scene.  ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64646 on: November 20, 2020, 09:45:49 pm »
Canelo vs Smith in San Antonio, Texas.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64647 on: November 20, 2020, 10:53:37 pm »
Canelo vs Smith in San Antonio, Texas.

Hate these follow the rainbow fights...Worry for Smith.

Kebab day for you Samie.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64648 on: November 21, 2020, 07:29:35 pm »
£25 for the AJ Pulev fight?!?!?!

In the words of Eddie Hearn

'I'm not 'avin that'

Offline jonkrux

• Believer
« Reply #64649 on: November 21, 2020, 08:49:41 pm »
Babic is swinging and missing. This is a shocking fight too  ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64650 on: November 21, 2020, 09:06:38 pm »
I've seen cleaner swings in a boozer.  ;D

Offline jonkrux

• Believer
« Reply #64651 on: November 21, 2020, 09:55:02 pm »
 ;D ;D

Stream just gone down, can anyone help?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64652 on: November 21, 2020, 09:59:08 pm »

Offline jonkrux

• Believer
« Reply #64653 on: November 21, 2020, 10:02:01 pm »

Online Welshred

• To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #64654 on: November 21, 2020, 10:07:55 pm »
Formella does not look like he's 31-1 here. Benn is outclassing him right now.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #64655 on: November 21, 2020, 10:09:53 pm »
Formella doesn’t look comfortable with Benin’s speed & power. Don’t see this going the distance.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64656 on: November 21, 2020, 10:10:45 pm »
They gone and found some plumber haven't they?  ;D

Offline Legs

• Kopite
« Reply #64657 on: November 21, 2020, 10:15:28 pm »
Benn is fast and throws lots of punches I can’t help but think he is too reckless and a step up in level he will get picked off.

Online Welshred

• To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #64658 on: November 21, 2020, 10:17:14 pm »
Benn is fast and throws lots of punches I can’t help but think he is too reckless and a step up in level he will get picked off.

Oh yeah, he'd stand no chance against Spence or Crawford right now but he's far the better fighter here

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64659 on: November 21, 2020, 10:18:52 pm »
Connor is still European level, heck let him win the British title first.

Offline Legs

• Kopite
« Reply #64660 on: November 21, 2020, 10:19:26 pm »
Oh yeah, he'd stand no chance against Spence or Crawford right now but he's far the better fighter here

Oh yeah I’m not talking Spence/Crawford I’m talking people like khan/Brook even would sort him out.

A real test would be Ekow Essuman for Benn imo.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:21:59 pm by Legs »

Online Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #64661 on: November 21, 2020, 10:21:59 pm »
Benn's come out here like he's put his purse on the fight ending in this round ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64662 on: November 21, 2020, 10:28:22 pm »

Every time I've seen him he looks like an accident waiting to happen.

Same was true of his old man to be fair. Conor is going to run into his version of Michael Watson at some stage.

Offline duvva

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #64663 on: November 21, 2020, 10:31:40 pm »
Connor is still European level, heck let him win the British title first.
Commentators trying to make out he could go on and really be something. Just can’t see it myself. Think he’ll struggle to go past domestic level. So open and he carries no real power
“ When I see the Bill Shankly statue, I look at the sentiment on the base. It says: 'He made the people happy’. Well now the modern Liverpool is making the fans and the city happy. And that makes me so proud." - Gerard Houllier

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64664 on: November 21, 2020, 10:34:51 pm »
Every time I've seen him he looks like an accident waiting to happen.

Same was true of his old man to be fair. Conor is going to run into his version of Michael Watson at some stage.

Nigel was battering this level of fighters though.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64665 on: November 21, 2020, 10:35:33 pm »
Solid chin being shown.

Online Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #64666 on: November 21, 2020, 10:37:17 pm »
They gone and found some plumber haven't they?  ;D

To be fair I think Formella is a decent standard, Shawn Porter is his only loss and that was by UD but can see what people say about Benn. I think he'll be a decent level but he won't be elite.

Online DelTrotter

• Believer
« Reply #64667 on: November 21, 2020, 10:39:14 pm »
He's so much better than he was, it's pretty cool to see the improvement, seems a good lad as well so I'm rooting for him, Sims as his trainer and all the good sparring there is evidently working really well for him.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #64668 on: November 21, 2020, 10:43:31 pm »
Fair play to Formella for going the distance. Good performance from Benn tonight but a long way to go.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Believer
« Reply #64669 on: November 21, 2020, 11:05:26 pm »
Must've watched a different fight to some here. Benn dominant and getting better all the time, seriously fast hands.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #64670 on: November 21, 2020, 11:19:03 pm »
Nigel was battering this level of fighters though.
This lads only loss was to Porter on points. He's no mug. Young Benn is starting to look like a proper contender imo.

Online Al 666

• "I haven't got a clue." 23/03/2020......Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Believer
  • JFT 96
« Reply #64671 on: November 21, 2020, 11:33:22 pm »
Benn always turns up in great shape and is improving technically, however he just doesn't hit hard enough. 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 11:45:19 pm by Al 666 »
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64672 on: November 21, 2020, 11:47:50 pm »
This lads only loss was to Porter on points. He's no mug. Young Benn is starting to look like a proper contender imo.

He has talent but he's not ready for the elite so put him up  against the British champion to see where he is.

Benn always turns up in great shape and is improving technically, however he just doesn't hit hard enough. 

Could maybe come down a weight mate.

Offline duvva

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #64673 on: November 21, 2020, 11:48:52 pm »
Must've watched a different fight to some here. Benn dominant and getting better all the time, seriously fast hands.
Absolutely he dominated tonight and has improved, but he still leaves himself open all the time and he has no power. Don’t know much about Chris Jenkins the British champ but wouldn’t fancy him against Josh Kelly and he’s not likely to be much better than European level
“ When I see the Bill Shankly statue, I look at the sentiment on the base. It says: 'He made the people happy’. Well now the modern Liverpool is making the fans and the city happy. And that makes me so proud." - Gerard Houllier

Online Al 666

• "I haven't got a clue." 23/03/2020......Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Believer
  • JFT 96
« Reply #64674 on: November 22, 2020, 12:33:43 am »

Could maybe come down a weight mate.

It might sound daft but Conner is just the wrong shape for a boxer. As a boxer you want a narrow body and long levers to give you a reach advantage. Conner is pretty much the opposite he has a really wide frame and to compound it a huge head for his frame.

He is a perfect example of nurture over nature. He has grown up in an environment that has given him an advantage but as he goes up in class that will quickly evaporate.

I think he will get walked down because he isn't technically brilliant enough to score without being hit and doesn't have the firepower to deter elite level fighters. 
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #64675 on: November 23, 2020, 11:52:00 am »
He has talent but he's not ready for the elite so put him up  against the British champion to see where he is.

That's a fair step for him to take. He didn't even look British title level a couple of years ago. He is clearly working hard to improve. I'd agree he isn't at the world level, and may never be. Then again, he could get a 'soft' title as there are about 500 of them! Didn't Paul Smith get a world title shot? Or more than one?  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64676 on: November 23, 2020, 01:25:40 pm »
That's a fair step for him to take. He didn't even look British title level a couple of years ago. He is clearly working hard to improve. I'd agree he isn't at the world level, and may never be. Then again, he could get a 'soft' title as there are about 500 of them! Didn't Paul Smith get a world title shot? Or more than one?  ;D

Paul Smith used to get a World Title shot every other week ;D

Mind you, in my book he actually won one of them so shouldn't take the piss.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64677 on: November 23, 2020, 01:29:47 pm »
 ;D

I see Edwardo Hearn saying Fury v Joshua at least one of them fights will be in the UK. Get that Saudi money you fucker.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64678 on: November 24, 2020, 02:02:02 pm »
WORLD'S STRONGEST BOXING!

Eddie Hall vs Hafthor Bjornsson fighT confirmed for September 2021.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #64679 on: November 24, 2020, 02:10:00 pm »
WORLD'S STRONGEST BOXING!

Eddie Hall vs Hafthor Bjornsson fighT confirmed for September 2021.

Cert they put that on PPV too.

This shite at the weekend is a joke. Surely no one will be paying for it. No knockouts, no judges, no cuts etc. What the flying fuck is the point of it?