Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 2993261 times)

Offline Phil M

• Fuuuck off Covid-19! We ain't got no proper vaccine, Self-isolating with no footy, That's what we call misery!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • ďBravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #62200 on: February 21, 2020, 01:32:25 pm »
That would be quite something ;D

I'm probably the most bullish in here thinking Fury could get a late KO but even then I accept that I'm going against the grain!

Part of me thinks that the money men in the US might be swinging behind Fury rather than Wilder.  For some reason no one seems arsed about Wilder over there.

Fury's boxing licence is through Nevada State now he's given up his BBBoC one and hype/appeal wise he seems to have a bigger draw than Wilder so I'm sure promoters and those involved in the game over there
wouldn't be at all disappointed if he comes out on top.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62201 on: February 21, 2020, 01:38:54 pm »
Yeah because that's how shit Wilder is at boxing.  ;D

Also Vegas isn't as corrupt as it used to be...in boxing terms.  ;D

That would be quite something ;D

I'm probably the most bullish in here thinking Fury could get a late KO but even then I accept that I'm going against the grain!

Part of me thinks that the money men in the US might be swinging behind Fury rather than Wilder.  For some reason no one seems arsed about Wilder over there.

No way Fury gets a points decision in America (outside of obvious 8 point rounds).

Fury wins then Hearn gets his Joshua fight at Wembley or Abu Dhabi. Wilder wins then keeps the fight in America

Online .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62202 on: February 21, 2020, 01:45:17 pm »
Wilder on points is 12/1. Worth a dabble?

Offline timbucktoo

• Dreams of a threesome with Oprah Winfrey or Whoopie Goldberg
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #62203 on: February 21, 2020, 01:51:38 pm »
Anyone any idea of ring walk time GMT?

Offline Samie

• The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62204 on: February 21, 2020, 02:00:07 pm »

He's not looking for a points victory, and never has mate.

You're talking 4am our time mate. Maybe a bit earlier depending on the undercard.  :D
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 02:03:32 pm by Samie »

Offline Samie

• The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62205 on: February 21, 2020, 02:03:23 pm »
No way Fury gets a points decision in America (outside of obvious 8 point rounds).

Fury wins then Hearn gets his Joshua fight at Wembley or Abu Dhabi. Wilder wins then keeps the fight in America

Mate Wilder still the B side in this fight.  No one in the States gives a fuck about him before the first Fury fight. The man was struggling to sell out his home town arena. ;D He just happens to be the best of a bad bunch of Americans since the Tyson/Holyfield era. With devastating power that makes him somewhat a highlight.

Offline ToneLa

• The haiku master. Kills it in transfer windows. Keeps the art alive...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Life goes by in doledrum
« Reply #62206 on: February 21, 2020, 02:17:50 pm »

The Metro reckoned today "The fighters will make their ring walks at some time between 4am and 5am on Sunday, depending on the length of the undercard bouts." 

Late / early ???

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62207 on: February 21, 2020, 03:03:43 pm »

I don't see it. He'll lose every round. Fury by SD is 14-1 and I'd say that's more likely, since you always get one bent judge.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62208 on: February 21, 2020, 03:06:32 pm »
And usually one of the Vegas judges are so bent they make Fordy talking about Amir khan look like he's talking about a mate.

Offline crewey

• Main Stander
« Reply #62209 on: February 21, 2020, 03:26:43 pm »

According to DAZN 'Main Fight 04:45' that's GMT

Cheers !

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62210 on: February 21, 2020, 03:33:49 pm »
Basically advice to anyone who plans to watch it live is be up for about 4 am.  ;D

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #62211 on: February 21, 2020, 03:36:44 pm »
Basically advice to anyone who plans to watch it live is be up for about 4 am.  ;D

What time is that in the UK Samie?!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62212 on: February 21, 2020, 03:43:08 pm »
 ;D

You bastard's take my CT literally don't ya?  :D

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #62213 on: February 21, 2020, 03:52:57 pm »
;D

You bastard's take my CT literally don't ya?  :D

Just think you're not catering for RAWK's global audience is all. BST, GMT, PST, OMGBBQ - you know - specific timezones

You've got one job...

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #62214 on: February 21, 2020, 03:56:39 pm »
I'm calling another draw. Just think with their being a rematch clause for the trilogy, it'll be another draw regardless of how the fight pans out.

Offline I've been a good boy.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it."
  • Believer
« Reply #62215 on: February 21, 2020, 04:00:30 pm »
I'm calling another draw. Just think with their being a rematch clause for the trilogy, it'll be another draw regardless of how the fight pans out.
Can't see it myself. Another draw and the public will simply start losing interest. Someone has to win so that there can be a trilogy. And if somehow that goes the other way we might even get a fourth (!) fight between the two

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #62216 on: February 21, 2020, 04:07:21 pm »
Can't see it myself. Another draw and the public will simply start losing interest. Someone has to win so that there can be a trilogy. And if somehow that goes the other way we might even get a fourth (!) fight between the two

A fourth fight would be ridiculous. The first one was shit. This one on Saturday will be shit. Any future fight between the 2 will be shit.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62217 on: February 21, 2020, 04:55:18 pm »
We really don't need a trilogy, this isn't Ali v Frazier. It's not even for the undisputed title, there's only one belt at stake isn't there?
'There's nothing stupid about football. And there's nothing at all stupid about the annual All-Priest's 5-a-side Over-75s Indoor Football Challenge Match!'

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62218 on: February 21, 2020, 05:23:53 pm »
Technically one yes for Wilder's WBC title but also the the Lineal Championship is on the line too.  ;D

But both have signed a rematch clause into their contract so we're getting the 3rd anyway sometime in the future.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62219 on: February 21, 2020, 05:25:05 pm »
I think someone's getting knocked out so the trilogy won't happen for a while anyway.

Offline scouseman

• Believer
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #62220 on: February 21, 2020, 06:11:37 pm »
I am really enjoying the ITV documentary with Tyson. He just come across as a nice guy. Last night he had a row with his wife at taking his children out of school at 11 years old. Really is that allowed. He said she was not a 'traveller, but footballer's wife!'. Don't agree with his children watching his fights though oe of his girls was crying her eyes out the poor thing. Hope he smashes Wilder.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62221 on: February 21, 2020, 06:20:15 pm »
Technically one yes for Wilder's WBC title but also the the Lineal Championship is on the line too.  ;D

But both have signed a rematch clause into their contract so we're getting the 3rd anyway sometime in the future.

Will the winner of this fight Joshua first though? They need to try and unify the division.
'There's nothing stupid about football. And there's nothing at all stupid about the annual All-Priest's 5-a-side Over-75s Indoor Football Challenge Match!'

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62222 on: February 21, 2020, 06:33:02 pm »
Who knows mate. Boxing is more about the business these days. But it should happen.

Online Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Believer
« Reply #62223 on: February 21, 2020, 07:06:03 pm »
Interested to see how that horrific cut has healed up. Wilder has already said heís going to target it, no doubt with his head during the clinch. Letís hope it doesnít ruin a potential great fight.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62224 on: February 21, 2020, 07:57:58 pm »
And usually one of the Vegas judges are so bent they make Fordy talking about Amir khan look like he's talking about a mate.

;D

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62225 on: February 21, 2020, 09:05:51 pm »
Davison knows his stuff. Not sure if Fury has made a mistake changing trainers.

He's certainly not just a PT like Fury dad thinks he is.

Online Legs

• Kopite
« Reply #62226 on: February 21, 2020, 11:13:09 pm »
Davison knows his stuff. Not sure if Fury has made a mistake changing trainers.

He's certainly not just a PT like Fury dad thinks he is.

Tyson isnít with him anymore but you are correct Davison did a great job with him getting his weight off and without him he might not have comeback.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62227 on: February 22, 2020, 12:09:02 am »
Weighed in at:

Fury: 273 lbs

Wilder: 231 lbs

Fuck knows what those are in stones.  ;D

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #62228 on: February 22, 2020, 12:15:00 am »
Weighed in at:

Fury: 273 lbs.... 19.5 Stone

Wilder: 231 lbs... 16.5 Stone   i think  ;D

Fuck knows what those are in stones.  ;D
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62229 on: February 22, 2020, 12:16:51 am »
Thanks mate. we'll go with those.  ;D

Not far off with Fury's weight, knew he was coming in a fat bastard at nearly 20 stone on fight night.  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62230 on: February 22, 2020, 06:34:38 am »
Jesus they're both coming in big. No idea what that means. Shootout?

Edit: just realised Fury is juat going to lean on him all night. Bellew v Cleverly tactics. Going to be ugly as sin.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 06:41:36 am by Lusty »

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62231 on: February 22, 2020, 08:50:24 am »
Still can't believe the first fight was a draw. Fury won it by a mile even with the knock downs.

I can see Wilder this time putting all his energy into the 1st 5-6 rounds and to try to land bombs.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62232 on: February 22, 2020, 09:01:51 am »
Still can't believe the first fight was a draw. Fury won it by a mile even with the knock downs.

I can see Wilder this time putting all his energy into the 1st 5-6 rounds and to try to land bombs.

Yeah and he's come in big so if he doesn't get the job done early he's in trouble.

Fury needs to be right on top of him. Wilder wants to throw that big right from distance, but I don't think he's got a great check hook or anything to catch Fury on the way in.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62233 on: February 22, 2020, 09:15:57 am »
Yeah and he's come in big so if he doesn't get the job done early he's in trouble.

Fury needs to be right on top of him. Wilder wants to throw that big right from distance, but I don't think he's got a great check hook or anything to catch Fury on the way in.

Also looking a the last fight when Fury started getting cocky round 8 then 11 each the next round he was down. He has fully concentrate and no showboating etc.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62234 on: February 22, 2020, 09:30:08 am »
Yeah, another argument for staying in close I suppose. Fury's natural style staying on the outside and making Wilder miss lends itself to fucking about like that. Trouble with that plan is he has to stay lucky for 12 rounds and Wilder only needs to be lucky once.

Offline timbucktoo

• Dreams of a threesome with Oprah Winfrey or Whoopie Goldberg
  • Kopite
« Reply #62235 on: February 22, 2020, 09:30:17 am »
He's not looking for a points victory, and never has mate.

You're talking 4am our time mate. Maybe a bit earlier depending on the undercard.  :D
Cheers. Im too old to be staying right through up for that. Early to bed with an alarm set for it. Definate sign of aging

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62236 on: February 22, 2020, 10:10:47 am »
Fury's dad seem not to like Davison and the idea of Tyson losing so much weight.

Going in nearly 20 stone though does seem a bit top heavy.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62237 on: February 22, 2020, 10:42:09 am »
So the plan for Fury is to just lean and smother him all night, whilst throwing the odd jab here and there.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62238 on: February 22, 2020, 11:12:24 am »
Hope Fury does it but he'll be up against it going the distance  - as Lenox Lewis once said, in America you are not just fighting the opponent, but also the judges. Corrupt bastards.

I am really enjoying the ITV documentary with Tyson. He just come across as a nice guy. Last night he had a row with his wife at taking his children out of school at 11 years old. Really is that allowed. He said she was not a 'traveller, but footballer's wife!'. Don't agree with his children watching his fights though oe of his girls was crying her eyes out the poor thing. Hope he smashes Wilder.

In person he does seem like a really nice lad, not the naturally nasty or aggressive type. Tough bastard yes, but certainly not a c*nt as Wilder seems. In the press conferneces its obvious hes putting on a loud mouth act whereas Wilder seems the typical hyped up, loud mouth American wanker that he is.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62239 on: February 22, 2020, 12:01:37 pm »
So the plan for Fury is to just lean and smother him all night, whilst throwing the odd jab here and there.

More or less, yeah. Apart from the bit about the jabs.

Hope Fury does it but he'll be up against it going the distance  - as Lenox Lewis once said, in America you are not just fighting the opponent, but also the judges. Corrupt bastards.

In person he does seem like a really nice lad, not the naturally nasty or aggressive type. Tough bastard yes, but certainly not a c*nt as Wilder seems. In the press conferneces its obvious hes putting on a loud mouth act whereas Wilder seems the typical hyped up, loud mouth American wanker that he is.

He's both sound and a complete helmet at the same time.