Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 2610592 times)

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. He's creepy and he's kooky, mysterious and spooky, he's altogether ooky, he's Adam's fa-mi-ly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #61080 on: October 8, 2019, 06:06:17 PM »
Not sure what Orice gets from taking this fight with chisora. Even if he wins I don't see how it takes him to the next level.

If he loses he is done.

Offline The King with the Keita the sherry cabinet.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it."
  • Believer
« Reply #61081 on: October 8, 2019, 06:08:28 PM »
He's been done for a while now, he's only sticking around to pay the bills.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61082 on: October 8, 2019, 07:13:39 PM »
I can see why he was picked. Eddie Hearn likes him. Always comes in on short notice and fills a card.

Parker out, no title and neither anywhere near to one any time soon.

In terms of rankings they are actually pretty even (Price 8th in WBA and Chisora 9th in WBC)

Just dont want to see him getting sparked out cold again.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #61083 on: October 8, 2019, 08:49:17 PM »
Chisora can probably take Price's best shots to be honest. His recent brutal KO of that Polish lad shows he still has power of his own. Price's best chance is if Bellend Boy has one of his 'can't be arsed' nights.

Offline Garry_LFC

• Believer
« Reply #61084 on: October 8, 2019, 10:22:04 PM »
I see Price taking the sensible fights for his career rather than jumping into big fights for the most amount of money lasted long. Can’t say I blame him mind this will be his career payday. Just hope it doesn’t end badly.

Offline Samie

• Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61085 on: October 9, 2019, 12:36:33 PM »
Chisora if he "survives" the first round wins this pretty easily. Price has been done semi competitively for the last 4 years or so never mind trying to get near the top.

Offline markmywords

• 2/10. Must try harder.
  • Kopite
« Reply #61086 on: October 10, 2019, 01:58:13 PM »
Errol Spence is apparantly in serious condition following a car crash. I pray that he recovers.  Intensive care

Offline jedimaster

• Main Stander
« Reply #61087 on: October 10, 2019, 02:27:36 PM »
Errol Spence is apparantly in serious condition following a car crash. I pray that he recovers.  Intensive care

Just heard about that. Sad news, hope he recovers fully.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #61088 on: October 10, 2019, 04:23:15 PM »

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61089 on: October 10, 2019, 05:42:31 PM »
Look at the motor  :o

https://nypost.com/2019/10/10/high-profile-driver-seriously-injured-in-ferrari-crash/amp/
Hopefully the lad pulls through (career likely finished but that's very much a secondary concern).

That link says he wasn't wearing a seatbelt; surely not?  :o

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61090 on: October 10, 2019, 07:29:40 PM »
Wow, horrible news.  3am, no seat belt, speeding, not a good combo.

Lets hope he makes some kind of recovery whatever happened.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #61091 on: October 10, 2019, 11:06:29 PM »
Let's hope Spence recovers.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61092 on: October 11, 2019, 08:23:46 AM »
Expected to make full recovery according to reports. Amazingly no broken bones. Probably fighting again in late 2020

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61093 on: October 11, 2019, 09:56:47 AM »
Expected to make full recovery according to reports. Amazingly no broken bones. Probably fighting again in late 2020
Is he Wolverine or something? Wow  :o I hope that is true; and I hope the lad wears his seatbelt from now on!

By the way, Usyk makes his heavyweight debut this weekend against Chazz Witherspoon. Witherspoon stepped in on Tuesday because Usyk's original opponent tested positive for drugs  ::) Anyway, should be a nice, soft introduction for him and I would expect a big step up in class in 2020.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 10:02:14 AM by 1892tillforever »

Online Office Party Drunken Barney Fistfight

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #61094 on: October 11, 2019, 12:24:41 PM »
Is he Wolverine or something? Wow  :o I hope that is true; and I hope the lad wears his seatbelt from now on!

By the way, Usyk makes his heavyweight debut this weekend against Chazz Witherspoon. Witherspoon stepped in on Tuesday because Usyk's original opponent tested positive for drugs  ::) Anyway, should be a nice, soft introduction for him and I would expect a big step up in class in 2020.

A mate said earlier that he read a report that claimed him not wearing a seat belt actually prevented him from getting more serious injuries.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61095 on: October 11, 2019, 12:43:35 PM »

Big chance that he goes straight after the winner of AJ v Ruiz, especially if it's Ruiz.

Wilder and Fury is going to get knocked back for a bit what with the cut and Fury farting about in WWE.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61096 on: October 11, 2019, 01:18:43 PM »
A mate said earlier that he read a report that claimed him not wearing a seat belt actually prevented him from getting more serious injuries.
That is insanely fortunate if true.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Believer
« Reply #61097 on: October 11, 2019, 01:18:49 PM »
Seen the video of his crash on Youtube from a security camera from about 3-4 angles.

What a lucky lucky man to survive that.

You could say his conditioning and physique saved his life.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61098 on: October 11, 2019, 01:34:25 PM »
Hopefully we get Crawford fight soon

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Believer
« Reply #61099 on: October 11, 2019, 02:16:59 PM »
Seen the video of his crash on Youtube from a security camera from about 3-4 angles.

What a lucky lucky man to survive that.

You could say his conditioning and physique saved his life.
Dunno about that. No amount of conditioning is saving you if you smash your head on concrete at 90mph. He just got very, very lucky, and probably got dumped out on the grass as soon as the car tipped.

Online Office Party Drunken Barney Fistfight

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #61100 on: October 11, 2019, 04:22:10 PM »
Frampton back in the ring on 30th November in Las Vegas. Opponent to be confirmed.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61101 on: October 11, 2019, 09:21:19 PM »
Fury "fighting" on WWE in Saudi Arabia.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/50022470

Former unified world heavyweight champion Tyson Fury will compete against Braun Strowman at a WWE event in Saudi Arabia on 31 October.

Fury, 31, has appeared twice on WWE in recent weeks and has already started a feud with Strowman.

Speaking at the announcement of their bout, Fury said: "I fear no man. I am going to knock Strowman out."

Strowman, whose real name is Adam Scherr, said: "Tyson heed my warning. In the WWE, we don't wear gloves."

He added: "You are climbing into my world. You are a household name and when these hands put you down for good, the whole world will remember who the monster among men Braun Strowman is."

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61102 on: October 11, 2019, 11:58:26 PM »
It#s absolutely farcical and worse of all it wont work

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. He's creepy and he's kooky, mysterious and spooky, he's altogether ooky, he's Adam's fa-mi-ly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61103 on: October 12, 2019, 09:58:47 AM »
Ever since Fury boxed Wilder and he went down its like him and his team have thought damn we were lucky, this ride isn't going to last for long so let's fight bums and milk as much money as we can.

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Believer
« Reply #61104 on: October 12, 2019, 05:43:54 PM »

That used to be the argument in motorsports:  That you were better off being flung out of the vehicle.  These days road-going race cars manage to protect the driver even as the car collapses.  Why would you not wear a seatbelt in a 200 mph car, ffs?

Offline stevienash

• Believer
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #61105 on: October 12, 2019, 10:02:24 PM »
Any streams for the Warrington fight

Offline Little Robbie Red Breast

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2018 Champion Tipster
« Reply #61106 on: October 12, 2019, 11:31:25 PM »
Well done Josh

Impressive again

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #61107 on: October 12, 2019, 11:37:38 PM »
Impressive display that from Warrington again.

Offline stevienash

• Believer
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #61108 on: October 12, 2019, 11:49:35 PM »
Found one in the end very impressive again from Warrington

Online dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #61109 on: October 13, 2019, 01:24:46 PM »
Ever since Fury boxed Wilder and he went down its like him and his team have thought damn we were lucky, this ride isn't going to last for long so let's fight bums and milk as much money as we can.

It was Wilder who got lucky in that fight.

Usyk will cause some problems for the big guys with his speed and movement, all depends what happens if one of them can get near enough to land

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61110 on: October 13, 2019, 02:24:33 PM »
It was Wilder who got lucky in that fight.

Usyk will cause some problems for the big guys with his speed and movement, all depends what happens if one of them can get near enough to land

I know it's not the same, but Usyk has taken some big shots from the likes of Breidis and Gassiev, they are HW tier punchers.  Wilder and AJ are another thing entirely, but I think Usyk's chin has been tested.

Online dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #61111 on: October 13, 2019, 02:43:27 PM »
I know it's not the same, but Usyk has taken some big shots from the likes of Breidis and Gassiev, they are HW tier punchers.  Wilder and AJ are another thing entirely, but I think Usyk's chin has been tested.

Watched a documentary called Facing Ali last night with the likes of Foreman, Frazier, Norton etc talking about their fights with The Greatest. I don't think any one of them was over 16st at their peaks and yet they'd all wipe the floor with the current crop of heavyweights. I think you're right about Usyk and I expect him to have a title belt or 2 by this time next year.

Offline Phil M

• RAWK’s most prolific poster. (NB. Hit 50k posts and someone at the top didn't like it!) Currently the subject of a Rawk mod conspiracy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • “Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #61112 on: October 13, 2019, 05:08:05 PM »
Warrington is quite the talent isn't he.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Blinis

• Kopite
« Reply #61113 on: October 13, 2019, 07:00:54 PM »

I didn't think much of his fight last night. Against a not very good Chazz, who was called up at the last moment, he showed that he didn't have much power at HW, and could only rely on his foot to find angles. He will face fighters with much bigger reach and much more power than an half-arsed Chazz, who didn't show anything.

Usyk only gets used to the weight class, so we will see, but I am not 100% confident, given the physical beasts in the division.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61114 on: October 13, 2019, 10:07:39 PM »
I didn't think much of his fight last night. Against a not very good Chazz, who was called up at the last moment, he showed that he didn't have much power at HW, and could only rely on his foot to find angles. He will face fighters with much bigger reach and much more power than an half-arsed Chazz, who didn't show anything.

Usyk only gets used to the weight class, so we will see, but I am not 100% confident, given the physical beasts in the division.

I don't think he was a massive puncher at CW to be fair.  But people seem to talk about him like he's a midget when he's a big guy at 6'3".  Taller than Ruiz for example.  And he weighed in at 215lbs which is heavier than Wilder normally is.

My one concern with him is he seems to take unnecessary shots sometimes.  I'd probably back him against the winner of Ruiz/AJ and Fury as well, but I could see him getting caught with something daft from Wilder.

Offline Samie

• Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61115 on: October 14, 2019, 12:29:53 PM »
Fury "fighting" on WWE in Saudi Arabia.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/50022470

Former unified world heavyweight champion Tyson Fury will compete against Braun Strowman at a WWE event in Saudi Arabia on 31 October.

Fury, 31, has appeared twice on WWE in recent weeks and has already started a feud with Strowman.

Speaking at the announcement of their bout, Fury said: "I fear no man. I am going to knock Strowman out."

Strowman, whose real name is Adam Scherr, said: "Tyson heed my warning. In the WWE, we don't wear gloves."

He added: "You are climbing into my world. You are a household name and when these hands put you down for good, the whole world will remember who the monster among men Braun Strowman is."

The fucker was giving Aj grief for fighting in Saudi Arabia.  ;D Atleast Aj's fight will be real and not choreographed.

Also Tyson Fury = Giant Gonzalez  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61116 on: October 14, 2019, 01:11:53 PM »
The fucker was giving Aj grief for fighting in Saudi Arabia.  ;D Atleast Aj's fight will be real and not choreographed.

Also Tyson Fury = Giant Gonzalez  ;D

To be fair, the Saudi's and Tyson Fury share a lot of the same opinions...

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61117 on: October 14, 2019, 02:00:24 PM »
 ;D

I'm expecting Wilder to come in with a steel chair to make it a Triple Threat match.

Offline The King with the Keita the sherry cabinet.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it."
  • Believer
« Reply #61118 on: October 14, 2019, 03:36:59 PM »
He's probably making more in this fake match than he will for his last two fights combined. He's a joke, atleast when Mike Tyson went to WWE he had a major impact and boosted his profile.

Offline gwalk

• Kopite
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #61119 on: October 15, 2019, 07:17:33 AM »
Crawford v Kavaliauskas
Commey v Lopez
Conlan v Nikitin

MSG 14th December

i'll be there that weekend so will probably go