Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 2987662 times)

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #64840 on: November 28, 2020, 11:50:20 pm »
Still don't rate Joyce at all. The big names at HW will make mincemeat of him. He's not getting a title shot any time soon anyway so not really sure what he does at his age?

Usyk has got bigger fish to fry, but that would make sense. If I were him I'd try and get a rematch in front of fans and make a few quid while he can.

Online momo22

• Believer
« Reply #64841 on: November 28, 2020, 11:50:49 pm »
True for normal people, but when you’re a professional boxer you have to be prepared to go to the very edge with stuff like that.

I understand what you're saying mate, but sometimes being professional means being smart, right now we don't know how bad the eye is.
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline duvva

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #64842 on: November 28, 2020, 11:52:14 pm »
He's an orthodox fighter, his left eye is his leading one, having heart when you can't see whats coming at you at heavyweight is bollocks and the sooner people move away from that attitude the better. Punches that hard can kill you, especially if you've got no way of avoiding then. He quite but he was right to quit because with 3 rounds to go he could have done a lot of extra damage to that eye.
As I say I do get what your saying but it’s not bollocks in boxing terms, you either have that heart and mentality to go through things normal people wouldn’t or you don’t. In boxing you do have to go through that or you ain’t getting anywhere near the top.
“ When I see the Bill Shankly statue, I look at the sentiment on the base. It says: 'He made the people happy’. Well now the modern Liverpool is making the fans and the city happy. And that makes me so proud." - Gerard Houllier

Online Bakez0151

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64843 on: November 28, 2020, 11:52:33 pm »
I wonder if he'd have fought through it if there was a crowd there

Online momo22

• Believer
« Reply #64844 on: November 28, 2020, 11:53:36 pm »
Still don't rate Joyce at all. The big names at HW will make mincemeat of him. He's not getting a title shot any time soon anyway so not really sure what he does at his age?

Usyk has got bigger fish to fry, but that would make sense. If I were him I'd try and get a rematch in front of fans and make a few quid while he can.

Yeah he's ideal for Usyk, he hasn't got anything to trouble him really, cept for size I suppose.
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?!
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #64845 on: November 28, 2020, 11:55:01 pm »
So do we know what time the circus ring walk is ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline cornishscouser92

• Believer
« Reply #64846 on: November 28, 2020, 11:55:05 pm »
DDD corner were awful too, sounded like cheerleaders every round.

Looked to me Dubois had 2/3 big attacks in his gas tank, didn't get Joyce out of there and effectively was running on nothing.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline duvva

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #64847 on: November 28, 2020, 11:55:42 pm »
The likes of Duran and Tzszyu quit out of fights as well to be fair.
I thought about No Mas as well there but Duran had already proven he had what it takes and proved it again afterwards. That was a different type of quit but he was absolutely slaughtered for it at the time
“ When I see the Bill Shankly statue, I look at the sentiment on the base. It says: 'He made the people happy’. Well now the modern Liverpool is making the fans and the city happy. And that makes me so proud." - Gerard Houllier

Offline L4Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #64848 on: November 28, 2020, 11:56:14 pm »

He's mid 30s and ponderous as fuck, he's not winning a world title. Cash out if I was him

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Believer
« Reply #64849 on: November 28, 2020, 11:56:30 pm »
To be honest for me the worries with Dubois now are not so much about his heart but about his stamina and that as far as I can tell his eye ended up with so much damage despite there not being any obvious power shots onto it/clashes of heads etc.

Offline L4Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #64850 on: November 28, 2020, 11:57:40 pm »
To be honest for me the worries with Dubois now are not so much about his heart but about his stamina and that as far as I can tell his eye ended up with so much damage despite there not being any obvious power shots onto it/clashes of heads etc.

For me its 100% his heart, he quit tonight against a fella that was a great amateur

Offline Welshred

• To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #64851 on: November 28, 2020, 11:58:53 pm »

This underestimates just how much damage repeatedly being hit by a good, strong jab can be.

Offline garumn

• Kopite
« Reply #64852 on: November 28, 2020, 11:59:36 pm »
Say what you want, that is one of the best uses of the jab I have seen in while.

Offline L4Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #64853 on: November 28, 2020, 11:59:49 pm »
This underestimates just how much damage repeatedly being hit by a good, strong jab can be.
And also the complete lack of head movement by Dubois

Offline bornandbRED

• aka physioSTALKER
  • Believer
« Reply #64854 on: November 29, 2020, 12:01:42 am »

I agree with what you’re saying to an extent, but there’s a heightened risk of serious injury every time someone steps into the ring. The very best fighters are the ones who will go and play right at the edge.. whether that’s right or whether it’s fair to criticise someone for stepping back from that edge is a difficult one to decide. Boxing is a brutal, brutal sport.

Offline Samie

• The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64855 on: November 29, 2020, 12:03:18 am »
So do we know what time the circus ring walk is ?

Anytime after 4.  ;D

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Believer
« Reply #64856 on: November 29, 2020, 12:03:26 am »
I thought about No Mas as well there but Duran had already proven he had what it takes and proved it again afterwards. That was a different type of quit but he was absolutely slaughtered for it at the time

Oh yeah, and the Tzszyu one was different as well given that Hatton had dragged him to the point of total exhaustion. But the general point still stands that it is pretty simplistic to just say that 'great fighters never quit'.

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Believer
« Reply #64857 on: November 29, 2020, 12:07:24 am »

Yeah of course - they are heavyweight boxers. But to be honest as good a job Joyce did tonight if Dubois comes back and starts moving up in levels again over the next few years that eye is going to get hit harder and with more regularity by better boxers than Joyce. If it's already gone at this stage in his career then it's a major worry for him I think.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64858 on: November 29, 2020, 12:08:41 am »
It's a shame because the ref would've definitely taken him over to the Dr. after that shot & it would have been stopped.

The corner should have pulled him out previous round or at least threw in the towel.

He has to.protect himself first and foremost but it is never a good look to fold at your first gut check.

Forgetting the quit talk for a minute, what does Dubois have at elite level. His power is not elite, nor is his speed, skill, jab, defence, stamina or footwork.

Frank is gonna have to build him up with proper tests if he is to advance him. I'm.not sure he comes back from.this properly

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64859 on: November 29, 2020, 12:10:00 am »
Frank Warren was so pissed. Probs thinking wtf he gonna do with Joyce

Offline L4Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #64860 on: November 29, 2020, 12:10:43 am »
The corner should have pulled him out previous round or at least threw in the towel.

He has to.protect himself first and foremost but it is never a good look to fold at your first gut check.

Forgetting the quit talk for a minute, what does Dubois have at elite level. His power is not elite, nor is his speed, skill, jab, defence, stamina or footwork.

Frank is gonna have to build him up with proper tests if he is to advance him. I'm.not sure he comes back from.this properly

He's fighting better men than most British heavyweights have ever fought at his age. I agree that he hasn't got anything special after tonight but at 6 o clock I thought his power would have dealt with Joyce.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?!
  • Believer
« Reply #64861 on: November 29, 2020, 12:10:59 am »
Anytime after 4.  ;D

Catch up it is then.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline cornishscouser92

• Believer
« Reply #64862 on: November 29, 2020, 12:11:34 am »
One of the cards had Dubois 8 rounds up. 8.

one had DD 2 up and the other had JJ 2 up.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline L4Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #64863 on: November 29, 2020, 12:11:37 am »
Frank Warren was so pissed. Probs thinking wtf he gonna do with Joyce

Agree here, Joyce is too old, he can call Usyk out all he wants but it won't sell PPV

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Believer
« Reply #64864 on: November 29, 2020, 12:13:26 am »

I think what he has going for him is that he's young and is a heavyweight. If he gets managed right there are plenty of heavyweights that have made big money despite not being 'elite' just because it is the division that gets bums on seats/eyes on tellys.

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Believer
« Reply #64865 on: November 29, 2020, 12:15:33 am »
One of the cards had Dubois 8 rounds up. 8.

one had DD 2 up and the other had JJ 2 up.

I think Dubois with his bust up eye would have done a better job judging than whoever came up with that 8 round card. Bizarre.

Offline Samie

• The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64866 on: November 29, 2020, 12:16:23 am »
The eyes was so bad the Docs would've pulled him soon I feel. better to be safe and come back another day than do irreversible career damage.

Offline L4Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #64867 on: November 29, 2020, 12:18:38 am »
The eyes was so bad the Docs would've pulled him soon I feel. better to be safe and come back another day than do irreversible career damage.

He flapped it though Samie, come on...

Online Bakez0151

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64868 on: November 29, 2020, 12:21:19 am »

Offline L4Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #64869 on: November 29, 2020, 12:22:04 am »
https://twitter.com/MirrorAnderson/status/1332837988913582082

One judge had Dubois up by 8 rounds...
fuck me even Eddie would be ashamed at that

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64870 on: November 29, 2020, 12:22:36 am »
He flapped it though Samie, come on...

Maybe mate but he carries on and he might be fucked for the rest of his life. Would anyone take that chance?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64871 on: November 29, 2020, 12:23:08 am »

Offline L4Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #64872 on: November 29, 2020, 12:25:40 am »
My kind of judge...Corrupt as fuck.  ;D

Terry?  8)

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #64873 on: November 29, 2020, 12:42:23 am »
https://twitter.com/MirrorAnderson/status/1332837988913582082

One judge had Dubois up by 8 rounds...

He wants to get down the hospital with Dubois & get his eyes checked out too.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64874 on: November 29, 2020, 12:58:28 am »
Any streams to Tyson v Jones?
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64875 on: November 29, 2020, 01:15:20 am »
try these mate, Some streams start at 2 am though.  But that fight is much later.  :D

https://www.vipboxtv.se/boxing-stream

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64876 on: November 29, 2020, 01:16:19 am »
try these mate, Some streams start at 2 am though.

https://www.vipboxtv.se/boxing-stream
Cool. Thanks
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Believer
« Reply #64877 on: November 29, 2020, 01:35:19 am »
He's an orthodox fighter, his left eye is his leading one, having heart when you can't see whats coming at you at heavyweight is bollocks and the sooner people move away from that attitude the better. Punches that hard can kill you, especially if you've got no way of avoiding then. He quite but he was right to quit because with 3 rounds to go he could have done a lot of extra damage to that eye.
That is ridiculous. You fight until you can’t anymore or the ref stops it. That’s fighting.

Online Al 666

• "I haven't got a clue." 23/03/2020......Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Believer
  • JFT 96
« Reply #64878 on: November 29, 2020, 02:36:00 am »
It wouldn't surprise me if Dubois had suffered eye socket damage.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64879 on: November 29, 2020, 02:54:15 am »
Better to quit on the knee and fight another day and not get totally fucked like brook hopefully.

Still raises questions for me not in the way it ended but his performance in general, stamina for one, his static non moving head.  Still very young and got time ahead of him, hopefully learns from this.

Now time for the comic show.

choose Life.