Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 2903575 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #64280 on: October 18, 2020, 05:48:35 AM »
Wow.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64281 on: October 18, 2020, 05:48:58 AM »
One of the judges scored it 11-1. That’s ridiculous...
“We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.“ Zlen, 30/12/18

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #64282 on: October 18, 2020, 05:49:01 AM »
Those scorecards were ass but right man won for me

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64283 on: October 18, 2020, 05:50:17 AM »
11-1 just gonna make people think the fix was in.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96.
« Reply #64284 on: October 18, 2020, 05:51:04 AM »
Incredible performance from Lopez. Had it 8-4.

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Believer
  • Alleged Manc and/or Gooner
« Reply #64285 on: October 18, 2020, 05:51:33 AM »
What the hell was lomachenko doing? He literally gave away the first 6 rounds by refusing to throw punches. He easily won the next five when he decided to stop screwing around. Was pretty clear to me he’s the superior fighter. Bizarre.

Offline rhysd

• Anny Roader
  • Igor
« Reply #64286 on: October 18, 2020, 05:56:05 AM »
Will have to watch the first half of the fight, but I've thought for ages that Loma is a little small at 135. The size difference was visibly clear tonight.

At his age though, not sure Loma would go back down a weight. Got to go for the biggest fights and paydays at 33.
20 and 7

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #64287 on: October 18, 2020, 06:01:45 AM »
What the hell was lomachenko doing? He literally gave away the first 6 rounds by refusing to throw punches. He easily won the next five when he decided to stop screwing around. Was pretty clear to me he’s the superior fighter. Bizarre.

Usually takes a round or two to get started and had 14 months off but will be kicking himself.

Had it the same as Andre Ward but 119-109, what the actual fuck

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Believer
« Reply #64288 on: October 18, 2020, 06:08:38 AM »
Usually takes a round or two to get started and had 14 months off but will be kicking himself.

Had it the same as Andre Ward but 119-109, what the actual fuck

I can understand taking a round or 2 to feel the guy out. But 6?

He absolutely tuned up lopez in rounds 7 through 11. Landed clean shots over and over. Lopez landed nothing of significance until the last round, which was a legitimately great round from him...but for me that’s really the only round he “won.” The first 6 were just given to him.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64289 on: October 18, 2020, 06:11:07 AM »
When’s the rematch?
“We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.“ Zlen, 30/12/18

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64290 on: October 18, 2020, 06:46:18 AM »
I can understand taking a round or 2 to feel the guy out. But 6?

He absolutely tuned up lopez in rounds 7 through 11. Landed clean shots over and over. Lopez landed nothing of significance until the last round, which was a legitimately great round from him...but for me that’s really the only round he “won.” The first 6 were just given to him.

100% mate, was just strange and seemed to respect Lopez power too much, there were hardly any of the angles we see from him like we have done previously against the likes of Sosa and Rigondeaux

Loma took a chance he was getting a green inexperienced Lopez and Lopez took a chance they were getting a rusty Loma

Either way, would love to see a rematch, I don’t want to see Lopez move up until he defends at least once and who better than another match against Loma (from a fan POV!) also can’t wait to see Lopez against some of the killers at 140

All said and done, fair fucking play to them both, fighting each other when they should do and despite the lack of crowds or PPV

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester
  • Believer
« Reply #64291 on: October 18, 2020, 08:17:08 AM »
Boxing score cards are as bad as VAR
Officiating everywhere absolute joke this weekend

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64292 on: October 18, 2020, 10:33:27 AM »
Can't really make a case for Lomachenko winning that. 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 12 absolutely clear for Lopez and they weren't close rounds. I gave Lopez the second which is enough for the win but you could call it a draw if you wanted, basically Andre Ward's card.

Don't know how you get to some of the mad cards they had though, but the right man won.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64293 on: October 18, 2020, 11:37:05 AM »
Lopez fully deserved to win the fight.

However, a rematch needs to happen.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64294 on: October 18, 2020, 11:38:24 AM »
In other news my man Brook will be facing Crawford on the 14fh of Nov - Fully confirmed.

Anyone seen Amir.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Believer
« Reply #64296 on: October 18, 2020, 11:52:24 AM »
It’s shocking they still use him as a judge. Probably just the first time he’s been caught doing it.

Offline Samie

• The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64297 on: October 18, 2020, 01:08:29 PM »
Well got to hand it to Lopez I and many did not see that coming. Loma practically gave away the first half of the fight and then case can be made that he won evrey round after that. Can't say I disagree with the winner but that 119 scorecard is a fuckin' joke.

Rematch is a possibility.

What CB said.

Those scorecards were ass but right man won for me
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 01:11:26 PM by Samie »

Offline Samie

• The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64298 on: October 18, 2020, 01:10:32 PM »
Got to give props to the fucker Lusty though. Kept saying this fight may be one too many for Loma's crazy rise through the divisions.  ;D

We have to remember Lightweight is his fourth weight class. He started out at Super Bantamweight.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64299 on: October 18, 2020, 01:33:56 PM »
He is too small for elite at 135lbs. He can rematch him but he will lose again imo. I don't think he 'gave' away the first 6 rounds either. I think he couldn't handle the length and speed of Lopez who looked a clear weigthclass bigger than him at the start but like a true champ he came back into the fight and made it interesting on my scorecard (7-5 Lopez)

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64300 on: October 18, 2020, 01:51:00 PM »
Then again Teofimo Lopez is looking to end up at Welterweight in the future.  So  we can even say Lomo was fighting a guy maybe three divisions above him in reality.  :D

Lopez isn't technically Undisputed Lightweight Champion as well.  Heaney is the WBC champion if I'm correct.  :D

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #64301 on: October 18, 2020, 03:09:46 PM »
Just watched the fight. Didn't see a lot between them but Teofimo Lopez delivered a Championship round in the 12th.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #64302 on: October 18, 2020, 04:05:21 PM »
Upset special with a side of chips and a kebab. I'm not that shocked to be honest. As we've pointed out, there is only so high up in the weights Loma could go before it caught up with him.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64303 on: October 18, 2020, 04:11:12 PM »
Agreed with that mate. We all said there was a limit but I didn't think it would be at Lightweight.  I thought Light Welterweight would be his limit after that he's in with guy's way too big.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64304 on: October 18, 2020, 05:47:05 PM »
He is too small for elite at 135lbs. He can rematch him but he will lose again imo. I don't think he 'gave' away the first 6 rounds either. I think he couldn't handle the length and speed of Lopez who looked a clear weigthclass bigger than him at the start but like a true champ he came back into the fight and made it interesting on my scorecard (7-5 Lopez)

I saw it the same as Andre Ward but could see 7-5 also. 11-1 for Lopez is smoking some heavy dope

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64305 on: October 18, 2020, 09:23:40 PM »
Got to give props to the fucker Lusty though. Kept saying this fight may be one too many for Loma's crazy rise through the divisions.  ;D

We have to remember Lightweight is his fourth weight class. He started out at Super Bantamweight.

I didn't think it would be this fight to be fair! And I'm still not sure it was. Not like he got sparked like Chocolatito. More like Mickey Garcia against Spence.

Would like to see a rematch. Not sure how much the slow start had to do with what Lopez was doing. Rounds 7 - 11 suggest that Lomachenko has a chance if he starts a bit quicker.

I also think he'll still keep moving up, at least to 140, but he'll probably really hit the brick wall there.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64306 on: October 18, 2020, 09:32:16 PM »
I saw it the same as Andre Ward but could see 7-5 also. 11-1 for Lopez is smoking some heavy dope

Mad thing is it was such an easy fight to score. 11 of the rounds were absolutely clear, you can only really dispute the second which is the difference between a Lopez win and the draw.

I've always stopped short of accusing judges of corruption because I think a lot of the time what looks like home cooking is just the crowd having an effect. But this weekends fights behond closed doors have got me wondering more than ever.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64307 on: October 18, 2020, 10:53:49 PM »
Mad thing is it was such an easy fight to score. 11 of the rounds were absolutely clear, you can only really dispute the second which is the difference between a Lopez win and the draw.

I've always stopped short of accusing judges of corruption because I think a lot of the time what looks like home cooking is just the crowd having an effect. But this weekends fights behond closed doors have got me wondering more than ever.
119-109 for Lopez was only the third worst scorecard of the weekend which says it all.  :o

I still can't get over that Vasquez farce. I'm trying to wrack my brains thinking of a worse scorecard in a fight I have seen live and I am struggling.

In that video on O'Connor looking at his fucking phone, the twat Smith is so patronising. Giving it the whole 'It depends on what you like' and 'It looks different from ringside than at home.' Well, Smith, I tend to give the fighter landing all the fucking punches the rounds, and from my view, Ritson barely landed a fart on Vasquez let alone a punch. Wanker  :wanker

I still think the Ritson corner's reaction throughout the fight is odd as fuck. They couldn't possibly think he was winning, could they? At the end of round 11, still calm as anything. No urgency, nothing. So, so odd. At the very least they would have surely thought the fight was close.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 10:55:37 PM by 1892tillforever »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64308 on: October 18, 2020, 10:56:20 PM »
I think sensors need to be installed on all four corners that picks up scoring shots and links it back to the judges at ringside. So they know  100% what connected in the "scoring zones". It would eliminate the shithousery off corrupt bastards that have ruined scoring for decades.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64309 on: October 18, 2020, 11:02:11 PM »
I think sensors need to be installed on all four corners that picks up scoring shots and links it back to the judges at ringside. So they know  100% what connected in the "scoring zones". It would eliminate the shithousery off corrupt bastards that have ruined scoring for decades.
We need something Samie. Fights like the Ritson debacle take the piss out of fans and make a mockery of the sport. Sadly, football is going the same way. In both sports, there seems to be no accountability. We know that VAR wanker is going to ref or be involved in the Leeds game, and if O'Connor hadn't been caught on his phone, he would be free to fuck up another fight. Then there is Adelaide Byrd...

I was so pissed off watching Vasquez walking back to his dressing room. Poor fella looked crestfallen  :'( Super fighter one time and a former champ, but he has few days left to make a few quid for retirement. Bent judging has prevented this from happening in all likelihood. It's another thing we don't often consider: How much it can ruin a fighter's career and even life.

As an aside, I didn't know that Vasquez was the first to defeat Briedis Prescott. Lost to Canelo via SD (hmmmmmm  ::)) on his debut! His next loss was to Tim Bradley on points then he lost again to Canelo via UD. Then he became champion and lost on SD after six defences to Mickey Bey. Josh Taylor stopped him and he was apparently unlikely to lose to O'Hara Davies (didn't see it). Vasquez is definitely a case of a man who is better than his record, as he has lost 10 fights. I wonder how many he has 'actually' lost?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 11:06:34 PM by 1892tillforever »

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Believer
« Reply #64310 on: October 19, 2020, 01:09:20 AM »
Just watched the fight. Didn't see a lot between them but Teofimo Lopez delivered a Championship round in the 12th.

100% agree. That last round from Lopez was brilliant and mightily brave.

What is the TV/promoter situation in terms of Lopez v Davis?

Didn't see the UK card but that screenshot of O'Connor is farcical. That should be him done as a judge at least.

Offline Roopy

• Kopite
« Reply #64311 on: October 19, 2020, 09:45:36 AM »
Don't buy it when ppl saying Lomachenko gave him the first 6 rounds.

I think it was the 2nd round when Loma got caught by a nice right hand - and he felt the power of Lopez.

I think this is what made Loma so cautious - and also because Lopez had him on the back foot, he was unable to really do anything.

It was only in the 2nd half the fight when Loma was able to walk forward that he won rounds.

Fair play to Lopez - matrix downloaded, takeover complete.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64312 on: October 19, 2020, 02:28:57 PM »
Don't buy it when ppl saying Lomachenko gave him the first 6 rounds.

I think it was the 2nd round when Loma got caught by a nice right hand - and he felt the power of Lopez.

I think this is what made Loma so cautious - and also because Lopez had him on the back foot, he was unable to really do anything.

It was only in the 2nd half the fight when Loma was able to walk forward that he won rounds.

Fair play to Lopez - matrix downloaded, takeover complete.

Loma and his corner definitely found it tough going and that shouldn't detract from how well Lopez started at all.

He realised he hadn't done enough by the end of round 6, got his arse whooped by his dad and realised he was going to have to eat one to get a few in. Perhaps they thought Lopez would tire and lose some power in the second half of the fight and that did happen but Lopez was still well in the fight and the way he took the 12th was massively impressive. That was only the second time in his short career he had done 12 rounds!

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #64313 on: October 22, 2020, 01:07:43 AM »
100% agree. That last round from Lopez was brilliant and mightily brave.

What is the TV/promoter situation in terms of Lopez v Davis?

Didn't see the UK card but that screenshot of O'Connor is farcical. That should be him done as a judge at least.

I watched an interview with Bob Arum earlier, he said relations were good between him & Floyd Mayweather and didn’t see an issue making the fight with Gervonta Davis. However he said their number 1 target would be Ryan Garcia if he’s successful against Luke Campbell. Due to the Latin American pay per view sales.

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Believer
« Reply #64314 on: October 22, 2020, 03:30:52 AM »
Loma was dealing with a bum shoulder.

That somewhat explains the baffling strategy. He’ll never get that rematch though.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64315 on: October 22, 2020, 09:20:03 AM »
Loma was dealing with a bum shoulder.

That somewhat explains the baffling strategy. He’ll never get that rematch though.

If he was injured pre fight he shouldn't have fought if it was enough to affect mobility.

If injury happened during fight that is unfortunate

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64316 on: October 22, 2020, 10:02:10 AM »
Tells you the skill of the man a 15 round fight and he might've got the decision.  :D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64317 on: October 22, 2020, 10:59:21 AM »
Don't think Loma himself has offered that as an excuse, and rightly so.  If he wasn't fit enough to fight then he shouldn't have been in there.  And I don't think there was a whole lot wrong with his shoulder from rounds 7-11.

Still not convinced he wins a rematch.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64318 on: October 22, 2020, 11:43:31 AM »
Don't think Loma himself has offered that as an excuse, and rightly so.  If he wasn't fit enough to fight then he shouldn't have been in there.  And I don't think there was a whole lot wrong with his shoulder from rounds 7-11.

I cant see it either to be honest. Not unless he goes and risks being flattened
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 12:18:13 PM by Clayton Bigsby »

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64319 on: October 22, 2020, 06:56:59 PM »

I would love to see it though!