Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 2867799 times)

Offline Samie

• The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #64160 on: September 26, 2020, 05:51:44 PM »
https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/765248/uk-tv-vasyl-lomachenko-vs-teofimo-lopez-terence-crawford-vs-kell-brook/

Bob Arum laying into Eddie Hearn basically saying Sky puts up any crap he offers up but currently neither Sky or BT or any other UK broadcaster is showing the Lomachenko v Lopez fight on October 17th.

This sensational lightweight unification bout is arguably the most highly anticipated bout for boxing fans at present.

However, Arum told iFL TV: “I don’t think any of the television networks in the UK have bothered to buy that fight.

“Where’s Sky and where’s BT and where’s ITV? If it’s such a great fight, how come nobody’s bought it?”

When asked if there is any interest whatsoever, he replied: “None. N-O-N-E, none. What does that tell you about the state of the sport?
“Meanwhile every bit of Eddie’s junk goes on Sky and they make the poor fans in the UK shell out money to watch all of this stuff.

“Usyk and Chisora, in which world is that a pay-per-view fight? The networks in the UK are just taking money from the boxing fans and they’re not giving back.

“A fight like Usyk and Chisora – which may well end up to be a good fight – that should be free on television.

“A television network that is doing boxing should buy a Lomachenko vs Lopez fight, which is a classic lightweight championship for all four belts.

Also said that Terence Crawford v Kell Brook is being finalised for  November 14th.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #64161 on: September 26, 2020, 06:58:42 PM »
https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/765248/uk-tv-vasyl-lomachenko-vs-teofimo-lopez-terence-crawford-vs-kell-brook/

Bob Arum laying into Eddie Hearn basically saying Sky puts up any crap he offers up but currently neither Sky or BT or any other UK broadcaster is showing the Lomachenko v Lopez fight on October 17th.

Also said that Terence Crawford v Kell Brook is being finalised for  November 14th.
I was certain that the Loma fight would be on here; disgraceful if not!  :no

I do worry for Fordy, and also for Kell  ;D Crawford inside six rounds for me.

Offline Samie

• The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64162 on: September 26, 2020, 07:00:50 PM »
I think someone will eventually buy it mate, I hope they do.  This for the Undisputed Lightweight Championship.

If not well  there's always some dodgy streams.   ;D

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64163 on: September 26, 2020, 07:04:07 PM »
I think someone will eventually buy it mate, I hope they do.  This for the Undisputed Lightweight Championship.

If not well  there's always some dodgy streams.   ;D
My Internet is shite so streams usually don't work!

What do you reckon about Brook? I think he is shot to shit and will get battered like he did against GGG. I believe it will end much sooner than most people think actually.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64164 on: September 26, 2020, 07:06:28 PM »
Aye, Crawford will beat him quite easily. Even Brook's ma would bet against him.  ;D

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64165 on: September 26, 2020, 07:09:27 PM »
Aye, Crawford will beat him quite easily. Even Brook's ma Fordy would bet against him.  ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64166 on: September 26, 2020, 07:16:51 PM »

Nah, once Fordy loves that's it, he loves for long time.  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64167 on: September 26, 2020, 09:49:56 PM »
Everyone's favourite Latvian on Sky in a bit.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64168 on: September 26, 2020, 10:34:52 PM »
Everyone's favourite Latvian on Sky in a bit.
🙂 I'm a big fan of Breidis. Good fight this. Two high quality operators.

Offline John C

• "...It matters a bit...."
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
« Reply #64169 on: September 26, 2020, 10:36:44 PM »
🙂 I'm a big fan of Breidis. Good fight this. Two high quality operators.
It looks like a fake show to me :)

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64170 on: September 26, 2020, 10:42:30 PM »
It looks like a fake show to me :)
It's good boxing this IMO. Either one would have accounted for Bellew.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64171 on: September 26, 2020, 10:45:46 PM »
Bellew was in an era of monster Cruiserweight's. The only period of time since the Holyfield era where the division was more than semi decent.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64172 on: September 26, 2020, 10:47:06 PM »
Bellew was in an era of monster Cruiserweight's. The only period of time since the Holyfield era where the division was more than semi decent.

Yeah Bellew wouldn't have made it through the first round in that last WBSS they did.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64173 on: September 26, 2020, 10:50:32 PM »
He's a bitter mate. Probably thought he'd beat Usyk at that time never mind  this lot.  ;D

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64174 on: September 26, 2020, 10:54:32 PM »
Which is why he avoided them all and fought Flores instead!🤣 He chose Haye instead of defending against Breidis. Smart move.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64175 on: September 26, 2020, 10:59:16 PM »
Yeah he couldn't get rid of that CW fast enough ;D

Good fight this but Breidis by a distance I think. Dorticos doesn't stop coming though does he.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64176 on: September 26, 2020, 11:01:53 PM »
In the Circus Fight news, Pacman's teams have confirmed McGregor's claims. Hope to fight next year.

Manny Pacquiao's coaching team say that he's in talks with Conor McGregor for a fight in 2021.

https://bbc.in/3419hyR

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64177 on: September 26, 2020, 11:03:47 PM »
Yeah he couldn't get rid of that CW fast enough ;D

Good fight this but Breidis by a distance I think. Dorticos doesn't stop coming though does he.
Briedis isn't doing much for the RAWK Latvian shouts is he?

IMO he's among the most underrated fighters in boxing. He's borderline elite. I had Usyk squeezing by but Breidis could easily have got that decision. He handled Dorticos comfortably tonight. Excellent standard fight.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64178 on: September 26, 2020, 11:05:29 PM »
114-114🤣🤣🤣🤣

Fuck me that's bent.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64179 on: September 26, 2020, 11:06:33 PM »
Briedis isn't doing much for the RAWK Latvian shouts is he?

IMO he's among the most underrated fighters in boxing. He's borderline elite. I had Usyk squeezing by but Breidis could easily have got that decision. He handled Dorticos comfortably tonight. Excellent standard fight.

Yeah we're going to have to find a new country where all these elections come from ;D

Dorticos is no mug and he handled him like you said. Don't think he'd have much luck up at HW but he's elite at CW for sure.

In the Circus Fight news, Pacman's teams have confirmed McGregor's claims. Hope to fight next year.

Manny Pacquiao's coaching team say that he's in talks with Conor McGregor for a fight in 2021.

https://bbc.in/3419hyR

Pacman is 8-1 on so the bookies have learned their lesson unfortunately.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64180 on: September 26, 2020, 11:08:10 PM »
Honestly boxing judges have to be THE most corrupt judges in all of sport's.  ;D

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64181 on: September 26, 2020, 11:11:16 PM »
Yeah we're going to have to find a new country where all these elections come from ;D

Dorticos is no mug and he handled him like you said. Don't think he'd have much luck up at HW but he's elite at CW for sure.

Pacman is 8-1 on so the bookies have learned their lesson unfortunately.
I recall him flattening Charr up at HW. Breidis was over 16 stone 😮 I'd give him a good shot against Wilder if I'm honest. Fury and AJ would be steps too far though.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64182 on: September 26, 2020, 11:12:25 PM »
Means little to us but imagine being the greatest sportsperson from your country? That's Breidis.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64183 on: September 26, 2020, 11:12:41 PM »
Mate did Bredis do some wiring work for you? Don't need to big him up like that.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64184 on: September 26, 2020, 11:15:00 PM »
Means little to us but imagine being the greatest sportsperson from your country? That's Breidis.

Igor Stepanovs say's high.  ;D

Offline Al 666

• "I haven't got a clue." 23/03/2020......Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Believer
  • JFT 96
« Reply #64185 on: September 26, 2020, 11:15:47 PM »
Honestly boxing judges have to be THE most corrupt judges in all of sport's.  ;D

I don't think the scoring system helps though Samie.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64186 on: September 26, 2020, 11:18:03 PM »
Mate did Bredis do some wiring work for you? Don't need to big him up like that.
Best electrician job ever mate 🤣 everyone raves about Usyk and he barely beat this chap. Doesn't get enough credit IMO. If he had battered Bellew you'd be his best mate too.

Listen i needed a new crush when Sergio retired.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64187 on: September 26, 2020, 11:18:04 PM »
I don't think the scoring system helps though Samie.

It doesn't, that and it depends on what the judges are looking for in terms of scoring. There's no one set of rules to how a fight should be scored.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #64188 on: September 27, 2020, 01:14:34 AM »
Did any of you see Taylor's 'fight'? One of the worst dives I've ever seen. There was no whip on that body shot at all. He must have had a fortune on that back in Asia

Online King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Believer
« Reply #64189 on: September 27, 2020, 01:43:56 AM »
http://crackstreams.com/boxing-streams/watch-sho-charlo-vs-rosario/

middleweight charlo vs derevynchecko right now

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64190 on: September 27, 2020, 08:51:32 AM »
I recall him flattening Charr up at HW. Breidis was over 16 stone 😮 I'd give him a good shot against Wilder if I'm honest. Fury and AJ would be steps too far though.

My only thing with him is he caught Dorticos and Usyk with some good strong shots that I think you'd be expecting to produce a KO up at HW. So I wonder if he'll take his power up with him.

I might have said the same about Usyk though to be fair until he put Bellew into the first row.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64191 on: September 30, 2020, 10:48:01 PM »
So apparently KSI has been calling out Mike Tyson for an exhibition fight then backtracked.  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64192 on: October 1, 2020, 09:00:57 AM »
So apparently KSI has been calling out Mike Tyson for an exhibition fight then backtracked.  ;D

Haha. For once I would have actually been interested in one of these YouTuber fights ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64193 on: October 2, 2020, 11:30:09 PM »
Wilder has split from his long time coach. The man who threw the towel in in the Fury rematch.  ::)

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/768360/deontay-wilder-splits-mark-breland-tyson-fury/

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64194 on: October 6, 2020, 12:32:54 PM »
Shit, does Hagler need money?  :( He's auctioning off some of his robes that he used to wear coming to the ring.

Online duvva

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #64195 on: October 6, 2020, 12:37:14 PM »
Shit, does Hagler need money?  :( He's auctioning off some of his robes that he used to wear coming to the ring.

Sad if so. Should have been set for life after the money from the Leonard fight (although that is a long time ago now).

At least he’s not announcing a comeback
Hand it over, you sister fingering inbred c*nts.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64196 on: October 6, 2020, 12:40:51 PM »
Not yet.  :o

Lusty's mate Fat Toney is still going at it. Roy Jones Jr and Mike Tyson are coming back for their exhibition fights, JCC said he want's to fight Oscar who's coming back.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64197 on: October 6, 2020, 03:53:17 PM »

Jesus. Hagler is trying to smile, such is his desperation to make sales. This is serious lads  :(

That said, I read somewhere that he has managed his money well and lives in Italy. I hope that is the case.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2020, 03:55:18 PM by 1892tillforever »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64198 on: October 6, 2020, 04:07:09 PM »
Then I hope it's for charity mate. it would be a shame if robes leads to having to sell of his belts.  :(

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64199 on: October 6, 2020, 04:54:28 PM »
Think Hearns ended up having to sell all his memorabilia to pay off a tax bill a few years ago.  Hopefully it's not the same with Hagler, although I bet he could make a few quid through TV appearances etc. if he had to, so hopefully this is not out of desperation.