Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 2870260 times)

Offline Samie

• The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #64120 on: September 16, 2020, 08:06:41 PM »
How many fights has Usyk had to be so far up the rankings?

Parker has been calling out Whyte the last week or so, Usyk and Parker would be a decent fight i reckon.

He's only had one Heavyweight fight but his WBO ranking comes because he was the Undisputed Cruiserweight champion and so he's automatically WBO's #1 contender because of their stipulation.

Online 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #64121 on: September 16, 2020, 08:09:20 PM »
Mate,Why do you care about that when Charles Martin is #2 ranked by the IBF?  ;D

Fucking hell, I missed that!

Reinforces my second sentence I suppose

Online duvva

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #64122 on: September 16, 2020, 09:49:57 PM »
Sorry, but who’s Trevor Bryan?
Hand it over, you sister fingering inbred c*nts.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #64123 on: September 16, 2020, 10:26:49 PM »
Sorry, but who’s Trevor Bryan?
A guy who hasn't fought in two years  :lmao :lmao :lmao

These rankings are hilarious. I was ranked #7 by the WBC until I retired with my unbeaten record last year (0-0).

Offline Samie

• The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64124 on: September 16, 2020, 10:37:08 PM »
You didn't fight me when I called you out . Meet me outside Greggs next week you fucker.  :wanker

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64125 on: September 17, 2020, 09:08:49 AM »
AJ not in the WBC rankings  :o ;D

And Boxing wonders why less and less people give a fuck

I thought that was always the case if you're a champion with one of the other bodies?  Fury not ranked by any of the others either for the same reason.

Edit: ranking are, and always have been, bollocks.  Just this particular aspect is alright.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64126 on: September 17, 2020, 09:17:01 AM »
You didn't fight me when I called you out . Meet me outside Greggs next week you fucker.  :wanker
You're on. Loser buys the steak bakes.  8)

I thought that was always the case if you're a champion with one of the other bodies?  Fury not ranked by any of the others either for the same reason.

Edit: ranking are, and always have been, bollocks.  Just this particular aspect is alright.
You're only saying that because you've never been ranked higher than #8  :P

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64127 on: September 17, 2020, 09:31:39 AM »
You're only saying that because you've never been ranked higher than #8  :P

How dare you.  I'm a former *World Champion I'll have you know!

* WBF

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64128 on: September 20, 2020, 02:18:40 PM »
I see talk's of a new division being created in between Crusierweight and Heavyweight is back in the works.  This shit comes up evrey few years but with now being the era of Super  Heavies seems like the talk's are a bit more serious this time.  There's even been a commission set up with Bellew on it too. ;D

Light Heavy- 175lb limit

Cruser- 200lb limit

Heavy- Anything beyond 200lbs

But you have Heavies nowadays coming in at over 250 lbs.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64129 on: September 20, 2020, 08:22:32 PM »
I see talk's of a new division being created in between Crusierweight and Heavyweight is back in the works.  This shit comes up evrey few years but with now being the era of Super  Heavies seems like the talk's are a bit more serious this time.  There's even been a commission set up with Bellew on it too. ;D

Light Heavy- 175lb limit

Cruser- 200lb limit

Heavy- Anything beyond 200lbs

But you have Heavies nowadays coming in at over 250 lbs.

All the while you have cruisers coming up and winning titles I don't think it's necessary. The real test case is going to be when Usyk gets in amongst the likes of Fury and Joshua.

Wilder has weighed under 220 for most of his career and he's a big heavyweight.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64130 on: September 20, 2020, 08:29:10 PM »
Even Wilder can be seen as a "Small" Heavyweight mate.  If he's coming in at 220 and others now coming in at 250 + that's a massive difference in Heavyweight circles.

I actually think if this get's enough traction we'll get a new division, probably called Small Heavyweight.  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64131 on: September 21, 2020, 09:02:52 AM »
But if Wilder has been sparking out all these giants for the last few years then what's the problem being a small HW?  I think there's a natural limit to how big a HW can get while still being effective so I don't think we're going to get 25 stone giants ruling the division any time soon.

It'll just become another division like CW where no one really cares and everyone in it wants to be a HW really.  But another set of belts and more sanctioning fees which is what they really care about.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64132 on: September 21, 2020, 09:45:06 AM »
That too mate. We all could do with a few more belts.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64133 on: September 21, 2020, 12:39:00 PM »
Whenever this topic comes up I can't help thinking of the biggest HW champ ever, Valuev, who got beat by David Haye coming up from CW.  He also lost to Holyfield in most people's eyes, another CW champ.  I don't think size is everything up at that level.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64134 on: September 21, 2020, 11:47:33 PM »
Usually not mate but with advancement's in technology, nutrition etc if a 265lb ripped athlete is punching a 215lb heavyweight it can lead to serious damage  if not careful.  That's a big difference in weight.

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #64135 on: September 23, 2020, 01:15:36 PM »
Usyk v Chisora 31st of October Sky Box Office.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64136 on: September 23, 2020, 01:34:58 PM »
PPV is a bit daft for that.  Should be an interesting fight though if we get the good version of Delboy.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64137 on: September 23, 2020, 01:39:07 PM »
First real Heavyweight test for Usyk (His one and only HW fight was a joke). I expect Usyk to win but Derek is going to land a few bombs and it will be interesting to see how Usyk copes.

Offline rhysd

• Anny Roader
  • Igor
« Reply #64138 on: September 23, 2020, 01:43:21 PM »
Usyk v Chisora 31st of October Sky Box Office.

Good test for Usyk. Chisora is far from elite, but he's a big, tough lump.

Be interesting to see how Usyk responds when Chisora tries to maul him and rough him up up close.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 01:48:12 PM by rhysd »
20 and 7

Online 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #64139 on: September 23, 2020, 04:48:56 PM »
PPV is a bit daft for that.  Should be an interesting fight though if we get the good version of Delboy.

It’s the only way of getting them to fight so they can make a bit of coin with no crowds

Online Legs

• Anny Roader
« Reply #64140 on: September 23, 2020, 10:16:53 PM »
Might be tight first few rounds but I expect Usyk to school him after that.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64141 on: September 24, 2020, 12:23:05 PM »
Kalle Sauerland eyeing up a  Heavyweight World Super Series boxing tournament next year. With the winner facing the whoever wins between Joshua v Fury.  An example he gave is

They're also eyeing up a Light Heavyweight series as well as a female Welterweight series too.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 12:25:31 PM by Samie »

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64142 on: September 24, 2020, 12:45:51 PM »
Replace Dillian Whyte. He is a PPV fighter in his own right, amazingly. Great idea though
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 12:51:57 PM by Clayton Bigsby »

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #64143 on: September 24, 2020, 12:51:45 PM »
I think Chisora & Usyk will be a good fight while it lasts. Going with Usyk by stoppage in the second half of the fight.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 12:57:35 PM by Alf »

Online Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64144 on: September 24, 2020, 02:09:11 PM »
Kalle Sauerland eyeing up a  Heavyweight World Super Series boxing tournament next year. With the winner facing the whoever wins between Joshua v Fury.  An example he gave is

They're also eyeing up a Light Heavyweight series as well as a female Welterweight series too.

Ha ha trying to do over Whyte again...

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64145 on: September 24, 2020, 02:32:34 PM »

Never realised how much Daniel Dubois looks like a Football Manager regen ;D

Online Welshred

• To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #64146 on: September 24, 2020, 02:55:37 PM »
Ha ha trying to do over Whyte again...

Whyte did himself over by getting ko'd by Povetkin

Bangkok Ladyboys went down a treat ... so probably do them again  ;D ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64147 on: September 24, 2020, 02:57:46 PM »
Whyte could be involved if they go ahead with it lads. That was just a mock up.

A HW super series has been tough to negotiate. I remember there was ideas to have one back in 2017.

Online Welshred

• To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #64148 on: September 24, 2020, 03:02:47 PM »
I think this goes ahead if all the boards agree to release their mandatories to open up the chance for AJ/Fury to take all the belts, then to fight the winner.

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Believer
« Reply #64149 on: September 24, 2020, 04:06:15 PM »
great idea, too bad Al Haymon won't allow Ruiz and Ortiz to enter it! I don't recall any PBC fighter entering the WBSS. Perhaps replace them with Hrgovic and Joyce.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64150 on: September 24, 2020, 04:15:57 PM »
I think this goes ahead if all the boards agree to release their mandatories to open up the chance for AJ/Fury to take all the belts, then to fight the winner.

I think that if AJ or Fury do manage to unify the belts, they won't last long.  They'll be scattered amongst the mandatories and interims and probably the winner of any tournament like this (aka Usyk) will end up with a couple of them.

Online duvva

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #64151 on: September 24, 2020, 04:41:04 PM »
I think that if AJ or Fury do manage to unify the belts, they won't last long.  They'll be scattered amongst the mandatories and interims and probably the winner of any tournament like this (aka Usyk) will end up with a couple of them.
It’s ridiculous really. Having an undisputed champion should be the ultimate goal, but it’s the last thing the organisations want as it means less money for the gravy train
Hand it over, you sister fingering inbred c*nts.

Online Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #64152 on: September 24, 2020, 05:07:12 PM »

Oh they won't. They'll have them for the rematch and probably one mandatory fight after that, probably the winner of the super series if it goes ahead, then they'll be stripped of most of them for the $$$$$$$$$$

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64153 on: September 24, 2020, 06:37:25 PM »
Oh they won't. They'll have them for the rematch and probably one mandatory fight after that, probably the winner of the super series if it goes ahead, then they'll be stripped of most of them for the $$$$$$$$$$

If there's a rematch they'll have to drop one of the belts, can't remember which it is, but one of the orgs doesn't recognise rematches. Whichever one Fury flushed down the toilet when he got stripped.

Online Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64154 on: September 25, 2020, 11:37:07 PM »

Conor McGregor 'boxing Manny Pacquiao next' in Middle East. McGregor says he's fighting Manny.

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1309618609329668096

Offline Al 666

• "I haven't got a clue." 23/03/2020......Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Believer
  • JFT 96
« Reply #64155 on: September 25, 2020, 11:54:15 PM »
Conor McGregor 'boxing Manny Pacquiao next' in Middle East. McGregor says he's fighting Manny.

I am still waiting for you to announce Brook versus Khan Adam.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64156 on: September 25, 2020, 11:58:02 PM »
 ;D

Fordy would be torn. Don;t want him to become unwell from all the pressure Al.

As for the circus fight, Well unless he want's to be KO'd in a much worse fashion, Connor better shut up.

Online Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64157 on: September 26, 2020, 12:24:36 AM »
I am still waiting for you to announce Brook versus Khan Adam.

Brook going for bigger fish now.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64158 on: September 26, 2020, 07:24:21 AM »

Hopefully the bookies will be giving away free money again like when he fought Floyd.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #64159 on: September 26, 2020, 05:33:17 PM »
Hopefully the bookies will be giving away free money again like when he fought Floyd.
Manny doesn't have it in him to take a few rounds off and carry McGregor like Floyd did. I can see him just getting to work and busting up McGregor, giving little value for money barring among those of us who want to see McGregor battered  :D