Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 2730364 times)

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. He's creepy and he's kooky, mysterious and spooky, he's altogether ooky, he's Adam's fa-mi-ly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #62120 on: February 14, 2020, 08:10:35 AM »
;D

That's true mate.

Big fight is next week, that crept up on us quick.

Kebab at the ready then? Plenty chilly sauce?

Fury wins this for me if he can afford a Wilder bomb.

The loser has a rematch clause with the fight taking place in June/July, so either way it will be another kebab for you.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62121 on: February 14, 2020, 08:29:50 AM »
I think Fury will win but his second round knockout prediction is utter total bollocks. It'll go to the wire.

Yeah, although I think he might just get the KO, he certainly won't blast him out early.

Offline King.Keita

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it."
  • Believer
« Reply #62122 on: February 14, 2020, 10:12:17 AM »
No way does pillow-fisted Fury KO Wilder who has never really been rocked throughout his career except for the first Ortiz fight. I do think he cruises to an easy UD victory though, setting up the Joshua fight in *gulp* Saudi Arabia.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62123 on: February 14, 2020, 10:29:28 AM »
Watching that documentary, maybe a draw was the best result for Fury. It seems like becoming world champ the first time derailed him mentally as hed achieved what hed set out to do. The draw has kept him on the comeback journey. It was interesting to hear his dad have to rein him in before the fight with the German fella. Fury was talking about the after-party rather than the fight. I hope he has some goals and coping mechanisms in place if he does beat Wilder, rather than just going on a bender and seeing it as an anticlimax.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm. Zlen, 30/12/18

Online scouseman

• Believer
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #62124 on: February 14, 2020, 11:06:25 AM »
Watching that documentary, maybe a draw was the best result for Fury. It seems like becoming world champ the first time derailed him mentally as hed achieved what hed set out to do. The draw has kept him on the comeback journey. It was interesting to hear his dad have to rein him in before the fight with the German fella. Fury was talking about the after-party rather than the fight. I hope he has some goals and coping mechanisms in place if he does beat Wilder, rather than just going on a bender and seeing it as an anticlimax.

There is another two parts to the documentary I saw at the end of the show last night. I really enjoyed that documentary. His wife asks Tyson can I take the Ferrari to the hairdressers and he says why are you being so posh for take your normal car and yet regardless of the money and fame once he had become WC and achieved his goal it led to his depression issues. I hope this time he has better ways to deal with it as the sport is better with him in it as he is such a character that the sport needs.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62125 on: February 14, 2020, 11:26:52 AM »
No way does pillow-fisted Fury KO Wilder who has never really been rocked throughout his career except for the first Ortiz fight. I do think he cruises to an easy UD victory though, setting up the Joshua fight in *gulp* Saudi Arabia.

He punched himself out in the 12th last time, I can see him doing the same if Fury survives the shoryuken again.  I don't think he'd have survived another round.

Offline Samie

• The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62126 on: February 14, 2020, 01:57:22 PM »
Kebab always at the ready for Big Night fight Fordy lad.  ;D

I think Fury wins by UD it's just the question of when Wilder lands does he recover like he did in the first fight?

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62127 on: February 14, 2020, 03:57:45 PM »
Hearn was on talksport this morning and said he will offer a 50/50 split for a fight with Joshua to the winner of Fury/Wilder.  He said they have both turned down a 60/40 offer  in the past.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Believer
« Reply #62128 on: February 14, 2020, 04:11:45 PM »
It's all talk from Fury regarding the KO. He'll do exactly what he did last time and box his head off, only this time Fury gets stopped in my opinion.

Offline Samie

• The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62129 on: February 14, 2020, 04:36:43 PM »
Hearn was on talksport this morning and said he will offer a 50/50 split for a fight with Joshua to the winner of Fury/Wilder.  He said they have both turned down a 60/40 offer  in the past.

Eddie Hearn loves to recycle the same comments. What he said today he said last week and the week before and the week before that.  ;D

Online realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62130 on: February 14, 2020, 04:43:55 PM »
Dont both of them have guaranteed rematch clauses anyway?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62131 on: February 14, 2020, 04:56:36 PM »
Allegedly, yes. So whoever loses can reactivate the rematch clause if they want. But we know money talks in boxing so who knows what would happen then.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62132 on: February 14, 2020, 05:01:12 PM »
Joshua's not fighting till June anyway so plenty of time for a rematch if they want one.

But they don't always happen.  If someone gets KO'd they'll probably want a couple of comeback fights before getting back in the title mix.

Offline Lee-87

• Believer
« Reply #62133 on: February 14, 2020, 08:22:52 PM »
David Allen v Darch being looked into by the gambling commission for fixed fight.

Suspicious betting activity.

*both fighters being looked in to.

Wouldn't be too surprised to be honest, Allen has a big gambling past and now has his own stable to look after.

Also found it weird in all his pre-match interviews that he was making note of not knocking him out and going the full 6. He said it was so the lad he mentors Jay Macfarlane can fight Darch next month but could have just as easilly been to sway betting patterns.

I hope not mind as i actually quite like him.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62134 on: February 14, 2020, 11:17:40 PM »
Wouldn't be too surprised to be honest, Allen has a big gambling past and now has his own stable to look after.

Also found it weird in all his pre-match interviews that he was making note of not knocking him out and going the full 6. He said it was so the lad he mentors Jay Macfarlane can fight Darch next month but could have just as easilly been to sway betting patterns.

I hope not mind as i actually quite like him.

People were calling it out while the fight was on. Most of the money (not much to be fair) on betfair was on round 3 (or whatever the round it actually ended).
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm. Zlen, 30/12/18

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Believer
« Reply #62135 on: February 16, 2020, 07:07:56 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_cEDBLNvz0s" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_cEDBLNvz0s</a>
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62136 on: February 16, 2020, 07:44:57 PM »
Still don't know how the fucker got up from that. There's a shot of Wilder when Fury get's up, it's as though he's seen a ghost.  ;D

Offline Diomedieocre

• Well-dressed meat 'n veg.
  • Believer
  • Blow me, fuckface.
« Reply #62137 on: February 16, 2020, 08:20:09 PM »

Harold sconiers put him on his arse, the kd was on youtube for a bit before disappearing...he was in big trouble if i remember rightly. Hes also been dropped heavily in sparring by wladimir klit...no shame in any of that but it shows he can be hurt, in fact molina rocked him also so i dont think its a stretch to say that fury can starch him.

Wilders record is like his legs...thin at best. Ortiz his best win but himself was old and untested...wilders team have hardly gone out of thier way to try and unify at any point. It smells of asset protection to me...like they know something we dont.

I agree with result mind you...a better conditioned fury should beat him on points. Got to stay out the way of the straight though.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62138 on: February 17, 2020, 09:53:08 AM »
Still don't know how the fucker got up from that. There's a shot of Wilder when Fury get's up, it's as though he's seen a ghost.  ;D

Ref counting to 15 helped ;D

I actually think the punch sends him to sleep but his head bouncing off the canvas wakes him up again, it was mad!

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #62139 on: February 17, 2020, 05:53:41 PM »
Ref counting to 15 helped ;D

I actually think the punch sends him to sleep but his head bouncing off the canvas wakes him up again, it was mad!
A bit like Holmes when caught by a Shavers bomb all those years ago!

I've no idea who wins this one, which is great! An early Fury KO is the only thing that would shock me in this fight.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62140 on: February 17, 2020, 05:59:31 PM »
Warren says there's a trilogy clause in the contracts.

Should be a very interesting fight, maybe not a great watch, but pretty intriguing.

Fury should be a bit sharper this time round, might fancy his chances of a KO.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62141 on: February 17, 2020, 06:23:24 PM »
Fury isn't KO'ing anyone that's not a bum in the division.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62142 on: February 17, 2020, 06:28:49 PM »
Fury isn't KO'ing anyone that's not a bum in the division.

Got a chance against Captain Windmill then ;D

A bit like Holmes when caught by a Shavers bomb all those years ago!

I've no idea who wins this one, which is great! An early Fury KO is the only thing that would shock me in this fight.

Haha yeah then Shavers punches himself out like Wilder was about to!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62143 on: February 17, 2020, 10:00:03 PM »
Next Canelo Alvarez fight likely to be announced for May 2nd and it's likely will be at Super Middle.  So that means its Callum Smith or Billie Jo Saunders right?  Wouldn't put it past Oscar to get some bum in though. ;D

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #62144 on: February 17, 2020, 10:08:55 PM »
Next Canelo Alvarez fight likely to be announced for May 2nd and it's likely will be at Super Middle.  So that means its Callum Smith or Billie Jo Saunders right?  Wouldn't put it past Oscar to get some bum in though. ;D

Apparently Golden Boy have put low ball offers to both of them, last I heard Caleb Plant has turned his nose up at it because he's not got enough time to prepare.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62145 on: February 17, 2020, 10:20:31 PM »
Aye and Canelo doesn't wanna come to Anfield as well apparently.  ;D

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. He's creepy and he's kooky, mysterious and spooky, he's altogether ooky, he's Adam's fa-mi-ly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62146 on: February 17, 2020, 10:30:07 PM »
Apparently Golden Boy have put low ball offers to both of them, last I heard Caleb Plant has turned his nose up at it because he's not got enough time to prepare.

They've made Smith about 4 offers and he's turned them down.

Won't be low ball offers when he's the golden ticket.

Offline Legs

• Main Stander
« Reply #62147 on: February 17, 2020, 10:37:07 PM »
Its not just the money with Canelo its the clauses he puts in your contract for example like you cannot weigh more than a certain weight on fight night etc.

He is a good boxer but he is the new Mayweather who wants everything in his favour I mean he forced Rocky Fielding to this who is European level at best.

The problem you also have is you are already 3 rounds down before a glove is thrown against him so you have to knock him out and he does have a good chin to be fair.

Online Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62148 on: February 17, 2020, 10:48:59 PM »
Its not just the money with Canelo its the clauses he puts in your contract for example like you cannot weigh more than a certain weight on fight night etc.

He is a good boxer but he is the new Mayweather who wants everything in his favour I mean he forced Rocky Fielding to this who is European level at best.

The problem you also have is you are already 3 rounds down before a glove is thrown against him so you have to knock him out and he does have a good chin to be fair.

Can't have it both ways. Want the golden ticket then play by the rules.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62149 on: February 17, 2020, 10:55:02 PM »
Yeah the boxing rules not the Canelo rules, the cheating fucker.

Offline Legs

• Main Stander
« Reply #62150 on: February 17, 2020, 11:00:21 PM »
Can't have it both ways. Want the golden ticket then play by the rules.

If I was a world champion I wouldnt weight drain myself its a dangerous sport and you need to be 100% ready.

You didnt get this rubbish with Eubank,Benn,Collins, Hagler, Leonard they just fight.

He is the money fight but if he wants to fight at SMW he should do that at the rules everyone uses not his own.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62151 on: February 18, 2020, 09:31:07 AM »
I'd just like Callum to fight someone to be honest.  Anyone.

If he's just going to be the latest British boxer to spend the best years of his career sitting on his hands waiting for a megafight that never happens then I'll be gutted.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Believer
« Reply #62152 on: February 18, 2020, 04:28:24 PM »
It's not just Canelo though, DAZN will do everything they can to ensure their star prospect doesn't lose so they'll no doubt have an influence in this. Bad juice head though I hope he gets beat, although BJS won't TKO/KO him so highly unlikely he'll get the win even if he does out-box Canelo.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62153 on: February 18, 2020, 04:47:05 PM »
BJS is no stranger to a bit of uncastrated boar meat either though ;D

I think Canelo would be too big for BJS.  Maybe a different story for Callum though.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62154 on: February 18, 2020, 04:53:18 PM »
BJS is a Light Middleweight in reality, He's barely a Middleweight but Callum is too big for a Super Middle, who could fight up at Cruiser for fuck sakes.  ;D

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Believer
« Reply #62155 on: February 18, 2020, 05:08:47 PM »
BJS is still taller with similar reach to Canelo, I don't think he'd be out of his depth considering he would be going in there to dance around Canelo for 36 minutes, so the lack of power wouldn't be an issue.

I was hoping BJS and Callum would fight, I reckon you could easily hype that up as a PPV event. Fuck throw in Dillian Whyte, get the juice head ringside and that could defo be a PPV event at the 02 in London.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62156 on: February 18, 2020, 10:02:18 PM »
Might've been said before but Fury v Wilder is one of those fights where if it were possible I'd want them both to lose. Can't stand either of them. On balance Wilder is probably the more annoying, but equally I don't want to hear Fury going on about how he's recovered from depression again, feel like he's really exploited it for money and attention.
'There's nothing stupid about football. And there's nothing at all stupid about the annual All-Priest's 5-a-side Over-75s Indoor Football Challenge Match!'

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62157 on: February 18, 2020, 10:05:38 PM »
This caught me off guard. Why didn't 'Fletch' mention it during the game?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #62158 on: February 18, 2020, 10:13:01 PM »
Lads of the Boxing thread I have big announcement to make:

Apparently you can watch Wilder v Fury II on BT Sport Box Office.  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Offline gwalk

• Kopite
  • n fheicfidh t ag sil ina n-aonar
« Reply #62159 on: February 18, 2020, 10:14:31 PM »
Lads of the Boxing thread I have big announcement to make:

Apparently you can watch Wilder v Fury II on BT Sport Box Office.  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Can watch it for free on a stream 😉