Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 2867807 times)

Online fucking appalled

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty.....pretty pretty good
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #61800 on: December 8, 2019, 02:07:19 PM »
Ruiz bought cars and partied. His money won't last long.

Nah he’ll get a few more big ones now
Trent is pretty poor at free kicks. Said it for a long time. One decent free kick a few years ago and the commentators think he's Beckham

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61801 on: December 8, 2019, 02:14:07 PM »
The difference is Tua was on a whole different level to Ruiz. Lewis put a masterclass on against a far better and more dangerous fighter than Ruiz. Tua had an absolute granite chin and explosive power he would put the current lot of Joshua, Wilder, Fury and Ruiz asleep. Tua was also not a physical embarrassment like Ruiz was last night.

Tua was unlucky to be born into the era he was.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #61802 on: December 8, 2019, 02:50:40 PM »
Yeah so unlucky.

Every now and again I watch his knockouts montage videos on YouTube.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline ToneLa

• The haiku master. Kills it in transfer windows. Keeps the art alive...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Life goes by in doledrum
« Reply #61803 on: December 8, 2019, 03:04:58 PM »
Ruiz looked shite. Has power n all that but with him being 20st i thought "take your shirt off lad, it can't all be muscle at that size"

And come the fight his fucking gut was hanging over his belly. He boxed last night how he looked - lazy, fat and shite.

I'm glad Joshua dropped the bodybuilder bulk as it seemed to help his pace, the long game of jab jab jab, it's not all physique but Joshua obviously has it down.

Fancy both as great mind. Just didn't enjoy the fight too much - hand on heart, the Saudi apologies by Joshua started that.

Offline Rouge

• Believer
  • Barnes to Molby!
« Reply #61804 on: December 8, 2019, 04:39:16 PM »
Everyone who says Joshua should smash him really doesn't respect the work AJ must of then to get back to being heavyweight champion - Joshua managed to change his style of boxing to win in 6 months - Wilder couldnt do that, and I dont think Fury could adopt AJ's style - because he doesnt have the power
I think this interview from Dave Coldwell - is the best interview on why this was a great victory for Joshua,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7QkeaN6PAg

Online duvva

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #61805 on: December 8, 2019, 04:48:31 PM »
The difference is Tua was on a whole different level to Ruiz. Lewis put a masterclass on against a far better and more dangerous fighter than Ruiz. Tua had an absolute granite chin and explosive power he would put the current lot of Joshua, Wilder, Fury and Ruiz asleep. Tua was also not a physical embarrassment like Ruiz was last night.

Tua’s 1st round KO of John Ruiz is one of my favs. Absolutely separated Ruiz from his senses.
Hand it over, you sister fingering inbred c*nts.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #61806 on: December 8, 2019, 04:49:10 PM »
Everyone who says Joshua should smash him really doesn't respect the work AJ must of then to get back to being heavyweight champion - Joshua managed to change his style of boxing to win in 6 months - Wilder couldnt do that, and I dont think Fury could adopt AJ's style - because he doesnt have the power
I think this interview from Dave Coldwell - is the best interview on why this was a great victory for Joshua,

You're right, I think this was arguably his best performance & one I didn't think he was capable of. Of course it helped that Ruiz didn't bother training

Offline King.Keita

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it."
  • Believer
« Reply #61807 on: December 8, 2019, 04:52:44 PM »
Nah he’ll get a few more big ones now
Wish he didn't, doesn't deserve another payday.

Offline momo22

• Believer
« Reply #61808 on: December 8, 2019, 05:39:19 PM »

Would've loved to have seen him against Tyson.
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61809 on: December 8, 2019, 06:16:09 PM »
Aj coming out with the excuses for the first fight now. Should just  :-X. Once you get in the ring I don't wanna hear anything

Offline cornishscouser92

• Believer
« Reply #61810 on: December 8, 2019, 07:34:48 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/50704532

Says he had a health issue. Not surprised he didn't look right at all.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61811 on: December 8, 2019, 08:00:22 PM »
Shouldn't have fought then.

Online Jon2lfc

• Believer
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #61812 on: December 8, 2019, 09:41:28 PM »
I don't agree with Hearn on many things but he was right when he said that all the media outlets criticising that the fight took place in Saudi Arabia because of it's human rights record were hypocrites. The media still reported on it and let the circus continue. Money needs to keep circulating don't it, even to the media.
 :duh

Also isn't the good ole USA a bit dodgy when it comes to human rights too?
Guantanamo Bay, anyone? Nice little geographical loophole to lock people up without evidence or charge.
Hmm but can't talk about that.. history of boxing and all that.
Dalglish - Barnes - Beardsley - McManaman - Fowler - Owen - Gerrard - Torres - Suarez - Salah - Mane - Firmino

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61813 on: December 8, 2019, 09:44:44 PM »
Honestly mate I think there's probably a place on this site to discuss sportswashing or the relative human rights records of the US and Saudi Arabia. But I don't think the boxing thread is that place.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61814 on: December 8, 2019, 09:53:16 PM »
Hope that Saudi check has cleared. They have previous re sport events

Offline Paul1611

• Anny Roader
« Reply #61815 on: December 8, 2019, 10:30:31 PM »
So wilder saying he’ll never give AJ the unification fight he wants.  Bullshit boxing politics again....

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61816 on: December 8, 2019, 11:14:52 PM »
So wilder saying he’ll never give AJ the unification fight he wants.  Bullshit boxing politics again....

Did he? I’ve read quotes where he said he thinks it’ll never happen but he reckons that’s because Joshua doesn’t want to fight him.

Offline jizzspunk

• Kopite
« Reply #61817 on: December 9, 2019, 08:20:53 AM »

Needed Ruiz to retain the belts to shake up the match making in the Heavyweights..back to where we were..Matchroom could run a round robin with their stable and AJ's current belts for two years...on the other side is Wilder Fury Ruiz and others....Wilder beats Fury he could fight Ruiz late 2020...if Fury wins? he might retire into panto and more...don't expect much unifying in 2020...
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline L8Craig

• Believer
« Reply #61818 on: December 9, 2019, 08:42:56 AM »
Joshua shouldn't have been beaten by Ruiz in the first place.
Ruiz Is basically a tub of lard that could take Joshuas punches and AJ got into Ruiz's fight and didn't use his advantage over him.
We know what can happen in a heavyweight fight and that's exactly what happened.

This time AJ uses his advantage over a shorter out of shape fighter by keeping him at bay and using his athleticism.

Will be different fights against Wilder/ Fury if they ever happen.

Offline Ravishing Rick Rude

• Cut the music!
  • Believer
« Reply #61819 on: December 9, 2019, 08:45:31 AM »

Fury won against Klitschko who had similar style. That style will work only against shorter opponents, but not against someone as big as you.

AJ fought like he was defending the title, not like a challenger. That's where Ruiz made a mistake. He shouldn't have attacked, but let AJ come to you instead.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks
I'm a knob

Offline gjr1

• Believer
« Reply #61820 on: December 9, 2019, 11:57:42 AM »
Thanks to whoever provided me the link for the fight. However, I had to switch it off.

Too boring for me
We have to be like Rocky

Offline Samie

• The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61821 on: December 9, 2019, 12:09:45 PM »
Well fuckin' done to Aj. I said he would morph into a Lennox/ Later day Wlad fighter and use his height and reach and win on UD.  But at the back of my head thought he would try to go toe-to-toe with Pie Man in the mid to later rounds.  But that was a fantastic performance.  That was "Boxing" not brawling which if you look on twitter most wanted and some fuckers on here.  :D ;D

I see the WBO and IBF have already called in mandatories by June 1st.  So it will be USyk or Pulev otherwise AJ is stripped and we have another delay and another champion in the division.

Offline Samie

• The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61822 on: December 9, 2019, 12:11:16 PM »

Aye he fought in the second best HW era of the 90's. Had he fought in the last 15 years he'd wipe the floor with every one of them.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61823 on: December 9, 2019, 02:30:47 PM »
Just a few reliable-ish rumours doing the rounds today but it will be AJ vs Pulev (IBF Mandatory) in March/April at the new Spurs stadium.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61824 on: December 9, 2019, 02:57:53 PM »
Just a few reliable-ish rumours doing the rounds today but it will be AJ vs Pulev (IBF Mandatory) in March/April at the new Spurs stadium.

That would make the most sense.  I think he probably still needs a softish opponent to build up a bit of confidence before taking on Fury/Wilder or even Usyk.

I'd also be aiming for 3 fights next year if I were him.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #61825 on: December 9, 2019, 03:08:18 PM »
Or Hearns v Hagler mate

Still get chills. What a brawl that was.

Damn that Mane's good!

"Bend it like Atkinson": Now on screens worldwide.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #61826 on: December 9, 2019, 03:40:07 PM »

"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Paul1611

• Anny Roader
« Reply #61827 on: December 9, 2019, 06:18:52 PM »

And maybe Chisora versus Usyk as the IBF eliminator, winner fighting AJ in the summer (assuming he sees of Pulev)

If Wilder wants to be known as the best he needs AJ's belts.  You can be sure if Ruiz won again he'd be fighting Wilder next.  Wilder running scared of AJ?

Offline Judge Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #61828 on: December 9, 2019, 09:08:47 PM »
Watched this today. Enjoyed reminiscing over the late Tommy Morrison. Exciting fighter in his early years but his lifestyle caught up with him. Packed a proper punch.

https://youtu.be/dclkp6DXmCM

Offline dakid

• Believer
« Reply #61829 on: December 9, 2019, 10:37:12 PM »

And maybe Chisora versus Usyk as the IBF eliminator, winner fighting AJ in the summer (assuming he sees of Pulev)

If Wilder wants to be known as the best he needs AJ's belts.  You can be sure if Ruiz won again he'd be fighting Wilder next.  Wilder running scared of AJ?
Maybe Ruiz would have. But Joshua won't and he won't let Fury, Wilder or Ortiz fight him anytime soon either.

https://www.balls.ie/boxing/anthony-joshua-set-avoid-fury-wilder-next-two-fights-422011

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61830 on: December 9, 2019, 10:45:00 PM »
Maybe Ruiz would have. But Joshua won't and he won't let Fury, Wilder or Ortiz fight him anytime soon either.

https://www.balls.ie/boxing/anthony-joshua-set-avoid-fury-wilder-next-two-fights-422011

So, he's taking his mandatory while those two fight each other, and that article has somehow spun it as him ducking them?

Wilder spent 40 odd fights ducking anyone with a pulse ffs.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61831 on: December 9, 2019, 10:53:35 PM »
So, he's taking his mandatory while those two fight each other, and that article has somehow spun it as him ducking them?

Wilder spent 40 odd fights ducking anyone with a pulse ffs.

Think both do beat him though. Certainly not Fury who would give him a boxing lesson.

And I think he is ducking them and Usyk but Pulev then Usyk makes sense but I don't think he will fight Usyk.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 12:17:32 AM by Fordy »

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #61832 on: December 10, 2019, 12:15:04 AM »
Just bizarre Joshua gets to call himself a 2 time heavy weight champion off the back of beating a grotesquely over weight bum like Ruiz.

Ruiz landed a lucky punch which made him 20+ million fair play to him... he can't have spent all that on the buffet ... I mean he's given it a right good go like

I loved boxing above all other sports even football as a kid but fuck me its fallen a long long way
A prime Holyfield or Bowe or Lewis would destroy Joshua but good luck to him he's fighting bums, making bank and legitimising murderous regimes all in the heavyweight tradition I guess....

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Believer
« Reply #61833 on: December 10, 2019, 01:43:09 AM »
The glittering headlines have been way over the top. He's just beaten a much shorter bloke in horrendous shape who he never should have lost to in the first place.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61834 on: December 10, 2019, 06:46:47 AM »
The glittering headlines have been way over the top. He's just beaten a much shorter bloke in horrendous shape who he never should have lost to in the first place.

This is right to be honest. It should just be 'as you were' he hasn't done anything great. Let's not forget he was 1/25 in first fight.

Headlines have been over the top but that is to be expected
 what has annoyed me is him talking about health issue in 1st fight, trying to diminish the win of Ruiz. That is really bad form for me.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61835 on: December 10, 2019, 06:50:00 AM »

100% and boxed how we all thought he should of done in the 1st fight. The whole world knows now that he's not as good as we all thought. That's all what's changed.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #61836 on: December 10, 2019, 08:58:11 AM »
Just bizarre Joshua gets to call himself a 2 time heavy weight champion off the back of beating a grotesquely over weight bum like Ruiz.

Ruiz landed a lucky punch which made him 20+ million fair play to him... he can't have spent all that on the buffet ... I mean he's given it a right good go like

I loved boxing above all other sports even football as a kid but fuck me its fallen a long long way
A prime Holyfield or Bowe or Lewis would destroy Joshua but good luck to him he's fighting bums, making bank and legitimising murderous regimes all in the heavyweight tradition I guess....
Aye, wasn't expecting him to call them out on their human rights record but the sucking up wasn't necessary either. The atmosphere was utter shit. Better vibe from those Friday night fights in leisure centres.

To be fair, Wilder has beaten Ortiz twice and drew with Fury. That's the measure of his entire CV! Fury has beaten Wlad and drawn with Wilder. That's the measure of HIS CV! People have built Fury up as some extraordinarily skilled HW. I think he is an excellent boxer but nowhere near the level people seem to think. People love to look at recent performances as a barometer (I don't agree). In that case, has everyone forgotten that Fury looked like dogshit against a club fighter? Cut or not, he was very poor.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 09:00:25 AM by 1892tillforever »

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61837 on: December 10, 2019, 09:47:09 AM »
Aye, wasn't expecting him to call them out on their human rights record but the sucking up wasn't necessary either. The atmosphere was utter shit. Better vibe from those Friday night fights in leisure centres.

To be fair, Wilder has beaten Ortiz twice and drew with Fury. That's the measure of his entire CV! Fury has beaten Wlad and drawn with Wilder. That's the measure of HIS CV! People have built Fury up as some extraordinarily skilled HW. I think he is an excellent boxer but nowhere near the level people seem to think. People love to look at recent performances as a barometer (I don't agree). In that case, has everyone forgotten that Fury looked like dogshit against a club fighter? Cut or not, he was very poor.

There is a bit of smoke and mirrors around Fury for sure.  This is a man with such silky smooth skills that he punched himself in the face.  And managed to get put on his arse by USS Cunningham.  Outboxing Deontay Wilder doesn't mean much in the scheme of things.

He is awkward and unorthodox though.  He's settled into this weird style since he came back with weird feints and head movement that is so hard to read and time correctly, and he's the only boxer I can think of that uses switch hitting for something useful by changing angles as he moves away.

I think Wilder probably has a better chance of beating him than AJ just because he's so unorthodox as well.  I'm going back and forth on Wilder v AJ now.

Online Felch Aid

• Believer
« Reply #61838 on: December 10, 2019, 09:54:08 AM »
I see it like this:

AJ has power, very quick but a suspect chin.
Fury has ability, decent chin but not much power.
Wilder has limited ability, huge right hand and a decent chin.

An AJ Fury fight would be an absolute bore fest - at distance, grabbing with the odd jab.

Offline King.Keita

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it."
  • Believer
« Reply #61839 on: December 10, 2019, 11:10:38 AM »
Need a fresh new heavyweight to burst onto the scene because the current top 3 are very limited. Hopefully someone like Usyk or Dubois can step up in the future.