Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 2902490 times)

Offline King.Keita

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it."
  • Believer
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #61760 on: December 7, 2019, 10:41:54 PM »
The performance was very Mayweather-esque. Obviously not as masterful. Who next for AJ? Maybe he could test himself against Ortiz to see how he does compared to Wilder, or a rematch vs Dillian Whyte at Wembley.

Ruiz "The weight gain affected me a lot" ::) More like you let fame get to your head and had one too many Snickers

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61761 on: December 7, 2019, 10:43:24 PM »
The performance was very Mayweather-esque. Obviously not as masterful. Who next for AJ? Maybe he could test himself against Ortiz to see how he does compared to Wilder, or a rematch vs Dillian Whyte at Wembley.

I think someone said he has to fight Pulev or Usyk as mandatories. I think he beats Pulev easily, but he should avoid Usyk like the plague.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #61762 on: December 7, 2019, 10:43:28 PM »
He didn’t struggle tonight, won pretty much every round bar 2.
That wasn’ta good performance by any stretch. I’ve been looking forward to AJ correcting the mistakes from his last match but that wasn’t what I expected. 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61763 on: December 7, 2019, 10:45:17 PM »
That wasn’ta good performance by any stretch. I’ve been looking forward to AJ correcting the mistakes from his last match but that wasn’t what I expected. 

You're a hard man to please!

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #61764 on: December 7, 2019, 10:47:03 PM »
Like to see him fight Tyson Fury

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #61765 on: December 7, 2019, 10:47:33 PM »
You're a hard man to please!
Just ask my wife  ;D
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61766 on: December 7, 2019, 10:48:39 PM »

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #61767 on: December 7, 2019, 10:49:45 PM »
Joshua's had 25 fights and been in with the likes of Wlad, Parker, Whyte, Povetkin.

Go and tell me the best names on Fury and Wilder's cv after 25 fights.
I'll have you know that Fury beat Wlad, and Chisora TWICE (thanks Pep). Also BIG wins against Martin Rogan, Francesco Vienetta ice-cream, Sefer Seferi (so good they almost named him twice), Joey Abell, AND Vinny Maddalone. Oh wait, Vienetta was fight #27.

In Wilder's first 25 fights he beat Ty Cobb (thought he played baseball), Dan Sheenan, Travis Allen, Damon Reed, AND Owen 'what the heck' Beck (his real nickname). He also beat Jason Gavern but that's fight #32 so doesn't count.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2019, 10:51:38 PM by 1892tillforever »

Offline Waka

• negative fucker
  • Believer
« Reply #61768 on: December 7, 2019, 10:51:05 PM »
This, this is boxing - its about tactics and that means winning ugly sometimes

Is it though really? People pay a lot of money to watch, maybe get caught up in the hype

That was a ball of shit

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Kopite
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #61769 on: December 7, 2019, 10:51:08 PM »
Not explosive but composed, professional and well executed. Good win AJ against a really awkward boxer
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. Klopp’s brilliant reds crushing blue dreams. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61770 on: December 7, 2019, 10:54:01 PM »
Is it though really? People pay a lot of money to watch, maybe get caught up in the hype

That was a ball of shit

If you paid £25 because you thought AJ was going to wade i to a slugfest then you've only got yourself to blame.

We used to get this in here every time Mayweather fought, like they were expecting Gatti v Ward.

Online Welshred

• To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #61771 on: December 7, 2019, 10:55:42 PM »
Or Hearns v Hagler mate

Bangkok Ladyboys went down a treat ... so probably do them again  ;D ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61772 on: December 7, 2019, 10:56:31 PM »
I'll have you know that Fury beat Wlad, and Chisora TWICE (thanks Pep). Also BIG wins against Martin Rogan, Francesco Vienetta ice-cream, Sefer Seferi (so good they almost named him twice), Joey Abell, AND Vinny Maddalone. Oh wait, Vienetta was fight #27.

In Wilder's first 25 fights he beat Ty Cobb (thought he played baseball), Dan Sheenan, Travis Allen, Damon Reed, AND Owen 'what the heck' Beck (his real nickname). He also beat Jason Gavern but that's fight #32 so doesn't count.

Haha. Those two must have a nightmare getting an Uber with all the cab drivers they've beaten up over the years.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Believer
« Reply #61773 on: December 7, 2019, 11:04:00 PM »
I think someone said he has to fight Pulev or Usyk as mandatories. I think he beats Pulev easily, but he should avoid Usyk like the plague.

Why? Usyk doesn’t have power at HW. Joshua would bully him with that jab
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61774 on: December 7, 2019, 11:07:46 PM »

He doesn't have power like Ruiz does, but he's in better shape and has much better footwork so I'd back him to get inside that jab more often than not.

I think he can take a punch as well. Gassiev and Breidis are legit punchers and he took some heavy shots from both of them.

Offline Ravishing Rick Rude

• Cut the music!
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #61775 on: December 7, 2019, 11:10:55 PM »

Ruiz "The weight gain affected me a lot" ::) More like you let fame get to your head and had one too many Snickers

Whyte was dire tonight. Barely won against that pole, who had previously three losses in a row.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks
I'm a knob

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #61776 on: December 7, 2019, 11:11:18 PM »
Usyk is a FAR better boxer than Joshua. He could definitely win a UD.

Whyte was dire tonight. Barely won against that pole, who had previously three losses in a row.
Whyte was about a stone and a half overweight. Took the fight at late notice which is odd since he has been relatively active.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Believer
« Reply #61777 on: December 7, 2019, 11:12:12 PM »
He doesn't have power like Ruiz does, but he's in better shape and has much better footwork so I'd back him to get inside that jab more often than not.

I think he can take a punch as well. Gassiev and Breidis are legit punchers and he took some heavy shots from both of them.

Different taking a shot from a 6’6 17st heavyweight though. Be a fight I’d want to see
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline Lee-87

• Believer
« Reply #61778 on: December 7, 2019, 11:13:18 PM »

Hard to call that one, reckon there would be some arguments after it though as i see it being one of those fights where a number of rounds could have been scored either way and we get some oddly wide scoring cards from judges resulting in shouts of corruption even though it's really just a case of those close rounds going in favour of the winner.

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Kopite
« Reply #61779 on: December 7, 2019, 11:14:03 PM »
Imagine having paid £26 quid to watch that  ;D

Decent by Joshua but limited opponent who had better moobs than me.

Wilder or Fury would absolutely wreck him, although his new fighting weight is definitely an improvement on the robotic muscleman seen previously.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61780 on: December 7, 2019, 11:16:28 PM »
Hard to call that one, reckon there would be some arguments after it though as i see it being one of those fights where a number of rounds could have been scored either way and we get some oddly wide scoring cards from judges resulting in shouts of corruption even though it's really just a case of those close rounds going in favour of the winner.

Yeah, if it's in the UK definitely. I think often the judges end up scoring shots that land on the arms or the gloves because the crowd get excited.

If it's in the Saudi library again that won't be an issue.

Offline Linudden

• Believer
« Reply #61781 on: December 7, 2019, 11:25:31 PM »
Although I'm not a boxing fan I saw the guy who kept himself in shape won, surprise surprise  :wave Must be a huge relief for Joshua after what happened to him in summer. Anyone can have a bad day but class is permanent, especially when still in an athlete's prime.

That Ruiz showed up overweight was just silly. Clearly only there for the money which was a shame for everyone who paid to watch it.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61782 on: December 7, 2019, 11:42:58 PM »
the streams were decent so I enjoyed watching the fight tonight  :)

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Believer
« Reply #61783 on: December 8, 2019, 01:19:57 AM »
 Fight Wilder now AJ and stop pissing about with bums. No more ducking big fights.

Online eddiedingle

• Anny Roader
« Reply #61784 on: December 8, 2019, 04:01:51 AM »
Boring ass fight. Expected.

Offline jizzspunk

• Kopite
« Reply #61785 on: December 8, 2019, 06:07:20 AM »
Fast Eddie can stop sweating..Matchroom faced a 2 year Yank shut out in the Heavyweights if Ruiz had won

Natural fights now look like AJ v Whyte next...and Wilder v Ruiz is an easy make...Wilder v Fury..late February looks tight...

AJ v Pulev is as pointless as Wilder v Brezeale

Little chance of a unification in 2020...Wilder fought for two minutes in 51 weeks before Ortiz....
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61786 on: December 8, 2019, 06:15:17 AM »
Fast Eddie can stop sweating..Matchroom faced a 2 year Yank shut out in the Heavyweights if Ruiz had won

Natural fights now look like AJ v Whyte next...and Wilder v Ruiz is an easy make...Wilder v Fury..late February looks tight...

AJ v Pulev is as pointless as Wilder v Brezeale

Little chance of a unification in 2020...Wilder fought for two minutes in 51 weeks before Ortiz....

Has to fight Pulev next. Hopefully that can be in march sometime

Online mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61787 on: December 8, 2019, 07:19:22 AM »
AJ boxed the fight he should of first time round. He underestimated Ruiz last time out and corrected that mistake this time. Reminded me of Lewis vs Tua back in the day when Lewis jabbed his way to an easy UD.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61788 on: December 8, 2019, 07:59:24 AM »
AJ loses to both Fury and Wilder.

He won't be fighting them anytime soon. He will duck them so much!

Offline dakid

• Believer
« Reply #61789 on: December 8, 2019, 08:04:44 AM »
Has to fight Pulev next. Hopefully that can be in march sometime
Or Usyk who is now mandatory for WBO. 180 days to make the fight happen. Should be easy to make happen as both with Hearn.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-7768017/Anthony-Joshua-ORDERED-defend-WBO-title-against-Oleksandr-Usyk-win-against-Andy-Ruiz-Jr.html

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Believer
  • feck off
« Reply #61790 on: December 8, 2019, 08:46:07 AM »
Boxing organisations are a bunch of wankers. All of them.

Nobody cares about pulev.

Offline King.Keita

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it."
  • Believer
« Reply #61791 on: December 8, 2019, 08:53:22 AM »
These mandatories can fuck off, who has Pulev ever beaten to deserve a shot?

Ruiz should never fight for a world title again. Most important fight of his career and he comes in fat as fuck and unprepared. Then has the nerve to call for a trilogy in Saudi, wonder why you want it over there ey? Looking to cash out early.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61792 on: December 8, 2019, 09:58:19 AM »
Ruiz fought and trained as though he didn't think he belonged at this level. It is unforgivable to come in in this shape for the biggest fight you'll ever be in and as a champion to boot. For a guy you have already beaten no less.

He will go back to propping up undercards and pulling out of fights. Good riddance

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #61793 on: December 8, 2019, 10:10:20 AM »
Job done by AJ last night, had the right game plan and stuck to it. Be interesting to see what happens with the mandatories with the IBF & WBO belts in the new year.

Offline fucking appalled

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty.....pretty pretty good
« Reply #61794 on: December 8, 2019, 10:27:24 AM »

Khan AJ is a coward for ducking Brook Fury/Wilder, bloody cowardly coward.

You’re nothing if not clueless consistent Fordy
Trent is pretty poor at free kicks. Said it for a long time. One decent free kick a few years ago and the commentators think he's Beckham

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #61795 on: December 8, 2019, 10:39:06 AM »

Look at the records of all three, quality of opponents etc.

Online dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #61796 on: December 8, 2019, 10:57:00 AM »
Credit to Joshua, stuck to the gameplan and ground out a points win. Ruiz cashed out ala Buster Douglas and doubt he'll get another opportunity.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #61797 on: December 8, 2019, 11:08:52 AM »
boring as hell. just used his reach and stayed outside won every round. smart boxing. dull fight. 
Damn that Mane's good!

"Bend it like Atkinson": Now on screens worldwide.

Offline slotmachine

• Kopite
« Reply #61798 on: December 8, 2019, 01:57:56 PM »
AJ boxed the fight he should of first time round. He underestimated Ruiz last time out and corrected that mistake this time. Reminded me of Lewis vs Tua back in the day when Lewis jabbed his way to an easy UD.

The difference is Tua was on a whole different level to Ruiz. Lewis put a masterclass on against a far better and more dangerous fighter than Ruiz. Tua had an absolute granite chin and explosive power he would put the current lot of Joshua, Wilder, Fury and Ruiz asleep. Tua was also not a physical embarrassment like Ruiz was last night.

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Believer
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #61799 on: December 8, 2019, 02:03:24 PM »
Ruiz bought cars and partied. His money won't last long.

Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.