Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 2610522 times)

Offline Samie

• Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #60960 on: September 2, 2019, 12:20:49 PM »
Let me tell you fuckers watching Loma in the flesh is a sight. The fucker switch from defense to offense is scary quick.  :o And the fucker is always moving and is mid rage and dodging shots for fuck sakes.  :o

Offline Samie

• Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #60961 on: September 2, 2019, 12:21:30 PM »
Must be a great honour to defend your Maltese title on Lomachenko's undercard ;D

;D
Yes mate, the car park brawl was a sight to behold.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #60962 on: September 2, 2019, 01:56:27 PM »
Just read that Gervonta Davis is vacating the WBA title at 130 & moving up to 135. Same weight as Lomachenko.

Just as Loma said he is likely to move back down and told Gervonta to wait for him

Modern day boxing for you

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #60963 on: September 2, 2019, 02:01:37 PM »
None of these fuckers below Lightweight really want Loma mate.  :D

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #60964 on: September 3, 2019, 10:28:53 PM »
Just watching an interview with Boxing Social with Joe Gallagher, clearly unhappy with Matchroom regarding Callum Smith.

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. He's creepy and he's kooky, mysterious and spooky, he's altogether ooky, he's Adam's fa-mi-ly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #60965 on: September 3, 2019, 11:30:43 PM »
Just watching an interview with Boxing Social with Joe Gallagher, clearly unhappy with Matchroom regarding Callum Smith.

Why? What's he saying?

He is his manager. Eddie promotion and negotiator

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Believer
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #60966 on: September 4, 2019, 01:41:21 AM »
Would it have anything to do with the BJS fight going very quiet?

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #60967 on: September 4, 2019, 06:53:24 AM »

Smith is good but he doesn't sell. Had momentum after the win against Groves and then proceeded to piss it away. Apparently wants PPV money after his WBSS fortune but is no way a PPV fighter in terms of appeal. They were talking about him selling Anfield, he cant even sell Echo. If Iwas Joe, clean up domestically to increase appeal and for big money and then go for the belts

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. He's creepy and he's kooky, mysterious and spooky, he's altogether ooky, he's Adam's fa-mi-ly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #60968 on: September 4, 2019, 08:02:26 AM »
Smith is good but he doesn't sell. Had momentum after the win against Groves and then proceeded to piss it away. Apparently wants PPV money after his WBSS fortune but is no way a PPV fighter in terms of appeal. They were talking about him selling Anfield, he cant even sell Echo. If Iwas Joe, clean up domestically to increase appeal and for big money and then go for the belts

That's why Gallagher will be cheesed as Eddie didn't move quickly enough. Now Smith is back to fighting people we don't know or who are not exciting.

As for BJS he joined Matchroom for the big fights but his biggest fight will be Eubank Jr rematch 

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Believer
« Reply #60969 on: September 4, 2019, 08:48:29 AM »
Probably quite annoyed seeing EH talk up BJS in every interview and then add 'or callum' at the end of every sentence.
cyas

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #60970 on: September 4, 2019, 09:56:31 AM »
EH is now promoting a fight between a couple of Youtubers and talking about putting BJS on the undercard ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #60971 on: September 4, 2019, 12:12:21 PM »
Call me when he want's to promote Fordy vs The Rest of RAWK.  I want in on that.  ;D

Online Office Party Drunken Barney Fistfight

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #60972 on: September 4, 2019, 01:22:05 PM »
Call me when he want's to promote Fordy vs The Rest of RAWK.  I want in on that.  ;D

Fordy v Amir Khan  :D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #60973 on: September 4, 2019, 01:25:03 PM »
 ;D

With Kell Brook rapping in Big Fordy.  :o

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #60974 on: September 4, 2019, 01:59:07 PM »
Fordy v Amir Khan  :D

There's a theory on here that Fordy is actually Kell Brook, so that's not going to happen.

Online plucking affattedgoose

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Buck Dancer
« Reply #60975 on: September 4, 2019, 03:22:00 PM »
There's a theory on here that Fordy is actually Kell Brook, so that's not going to happen.

I think a boxer who had been taking punches to the head for most of their life would make far more sense, so think it’s unlikely.
Or he could read Babu's Twitter threads, which is where I get my opinions from

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #60976 on: September 4, 2019, 10:12:14 PM »

I think certain things have worked against Callum, the WBSS Final not being in the UK, being Fucked around by Dirrell for a year after Hearn lost the purse bid to Al Haymon. Inactivity after the WBSS when his child was born won't have helped his momentum either. Neither will a mandatory against John Ryder.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96.
« Reply #60977 on: September 4, 2019, 10:45:49 PM »
Did I read once that Callum only fights twice a year due to hand issues? Or was that just rumour? If true then maybe that explains why he's not interested in cleaning up domestically as Clayton referred to because he'd rather just wait for big fights. But then again, he's not getting them regardless.

Offline Garry_LFC

• Believer
« Reply #60978 on: September 5, 2019, 04:20:07 AM »

WBA have ordered the John Ryder mandatory and that at the Echo will be a tough sell. As for Anfield, they’ll never get Canelo over here, would be surprised if they got GGG too so the only big fight left that’d do good numbers would be a unification v BJS.

Online Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #60979 on: September 5, 2019, 09:40:52 AM »
;D

With Kell Brook rapping in Big Fordy.  :o

:lmao :lmao too funny

Online Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #60980 on: September 5, 2019, 09:43:49 AM »

You don't want a bit of me I have:

Defence like Mayweather
Attack like Tyson.

;D

Just out of interest to all rawk boxing fans. If you could be a mix of 2 boxers ever which boxers would pick?

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #60981 on: September 5, 2019, 10:19:16 AM »

Defence like Mayweather
Attack like Tyson.

;D

Just out of interest to all rawk boxing fans. If you could be a mix of 2 boxers ever which boxers would pick?

Duran and Leonard. Which reminds me...it's #TBT day...

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #60982 on: September 5, 2019, 10:55:28 AM »
Throwback Thursday

Manny 'Pacman' Pacquiao vs Eric 'El Terrible' Morales

This week is a look back at the trilogy between two of the best to ever lace them up, god bless the little guys. Whilst this wasn't necessarily the best trilogy of all time, they were intrinsically linked for two years, fighting early in 2005 before finally having a rubber match at the end of 2006. No drama, just a desire to see who was the better man at Super Feather Weight. An amazing period of boxing.

These two will feature a few more times to reflect back on other foes during the period such as Juan Manuel Marquez and the baby faced assassin himself, Marco Antonio Barerra.

By the time Pacman and Morales fought, Manny was already a 3 weight world champion going on an absolute tear at the lower weights and having already beaten Barerra and drawing with Juan Manuel Marquez. Morales had already completed his own trilogy with Barerra but was considered to be the underdog in their first fight.

Pacquiao, unbelievably started fighting at Flyweight in 1995 and still an active fighter today having just beat Keith Thurman at Welterweight. He is an 8 division champion, the only one in history and has a current fight record of 62-2-7 (39 KO's). Eric Morales also held titles in 4 weight classes being the first Mexican to do so. He finished his career with a record of 52-0-9 (36KO's) and fought some of the best guys of any generation of boxing.

If you haven't seen these fights, congratulations, you're in for a massive fucking treat!

Fight 1
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/SbOMFS-Wfn0" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://youtube.com/v/SbOMFS-Wfn0</a>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbOMFS-Wfn0

Fight 2
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/CGknwOjzPTM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://youtube.com/v/CGknwOjzPTM</a>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGknwOjzPTM

Fight 3
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/avVawmQUmQQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://youtube.com/v/avVawmQUmQQ</a>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avVawmQUmQQ

Eric Morales - Greatest Hits will do a bit more on Manny in the next few weeks
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/gCwYCK_99hQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://youtube.com/v/gCwYCK_99hQ</a>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCwYCK_99hQ

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #60983 on: September 9, 2019, 02:37:42 PM »
I preferred the Morales v Barrera trilogy personally.  :D

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #60984 on: September 9, 2019, 06:25:47 PM »

Defence like Mayweather
Attack like Tyson.

;D

The excitement of Hughie Fury and the punch power of Paulie Malignaggi.

Or you could just go with Sugar Ray Robinson and save yourself the trouble  :)

Or defense like Whitaker and attack like Archie Moore.

I noticed Roy Jones Junior in the first video. I'm not sure if modern casuals realise just how fucking amazing he was at his peak. One of the very best ever IMO.

Offline The King with the Keita the sherry cabinet.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it."
  • Believer
« Reply #60985 on: September 9, 2019, 08:14:55 PM »
Chisora has been at it again at the press conference if anyone saw it. He does have a point though, got no idea who Taylor and Progais are or why on earth they're headlining a card with Chisora v Parker on it

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #60986 on: September 9, 2019, 10:08:01 PM »
Chisora has been at it again at the press conference if anyone saw it. He does have a point though, got no idea who Taylor and Progais are or why on earth they're headlining a card with Chisora v Parker on it

Come off it, Joseph Parker could put a glass eye to sleep & Chisora has lost 9 out of 11 fifty/fifty fights in his career.

Online Office Party Drunken Barney Fistfight

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #60987 on: September 10, 2019, 01:08:19 AM »

No one gives a fuck about Chisora or Parker  :D

Offline gwalk

• Kopite
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #60988 on: September 10, 2019, 07:36:02 AM »

number 1 & 2 ranked at 140, both world champions in a unification fight...

or Parker vs Chisora in a nothing fight to reel in the matchroom fanboys

I know which i'd rather

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #60989 on: September 10, 2019, 09:11:42 AM »
I preferred the Morales v Barrera trilogy personally.  :D

Hold your horses you!

Offline The King with the Keita the sherry cabinet.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it."
  • Believer
« Reply #60990 on: September 10, 2019, 09:46:05 AM »
True Chisora and Parker are both journeymen but I do like a good heavyweight scrap.

That TBT takes me back to a great period in boxing with top talent like Cotto, Mosley, Martinez, Calzaghe, De La Hoya, prime Mayweather/Pacquiao,  etc.

Canelo v Kovalev close to being made for Nov 2nd. Same night as UFC 244 so guess I'll be giving it a miss. Can't imagine Kovalev will pull off any kind of upset here.

Offline johnybarnes

• Believer
  • DONT BUY THE S*N
« Reply #60991 on: September 10, 2019, 10:58:38 AM »
Heavyweight Boxer Tyson Fury | Hotboxin' with Mike Tyson | Ep 47 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4NCtBSX-Z0
eh

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #60992 on: September 10, 2019, 12:47:58 PM »
True Chisora and Parker are both journeymen but I do like a good heavyweight scrap.

That TBT takes me back to a great period in boxing with top talent like Cotto, Mosley, Martinez, Calzaghe, De La Hoya, prime Mayweather/Pacquiao,  etc.

Canelo v Kovalev close to being made for Nov 2nd. Same night as UFC 244 so guess I'll be giving it a miss. Can't imagine Kovalev will pull off any kind of upset here.

No having Parker as a journeyman at all. Hugely unlucky against Whyte who benefited with the clash of heads (ridiculously called a KD by IJL) and hung on for dear life at the end. A proper ref and he probably wins that

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #60993 on: September 10, 2019, 08:48:58 PM »
Parker , former world champ who gave AJ and Whyte a fight and defeated Andy Ruiz. If he's a journeyman then so are they.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #60994 on: September 10, 2019, 10:06:22 PM »
He's.... a bit shit though isn't he lads?

You can make a case that Hughie Fury and Ruiz both beat him. He had the piss taken out of him for 12 rounds by Razvan Cojanu. His most recent win is against a fella who'd won 2 in 6 and drives a DHL truck from Monday to Friday.

I think he's just a bit too nice for a heavyweight, no real killer instinct. He let Whyte bully him, wanted to touch gloves after Whyte kicked him in the balls at one point.

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #60995 on: September 10, 2019, 10:47:57 PM »
He's.... a bit shit though isn't he lads?

You can make a case that Hughie Fury and Ruiz both beat him. He had the piss taken out of him for 12 rounds by Razvan Cojanu. His most recent win is against a fella who'd won 2 in 6 and drives a DHL truck from Monday to Friday.

I think he's just a bit too nice for a heavyweight, no real killer instinct. He let Whyte bully him, wanted to touch gloves after Whyte kicked him in the balls at one point.
God no! Fury did fuck all in that fight. Parker was muck, true, but was a comfortable winner I think. He is a solid HW in an era with no really good ones. Wouldn't be a world champion in many other eras (perhaps immediately post Tyson when Damiani was a champ FFS). Then again, I don't believe Charles Martin would be a champ in any other era; even Primo Carnera was better than him!  ;D

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Believer
« Reply #60996 on: September 10, 2019, 11:35:20 PM »
Parker can only knockout Samoan bouncers and 50 year olds like Frans Botha.

All his knockouts came against those opponents.

Those 3 fights he had with Takem Cojanu and Ruiz almost put me to sleep.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #60997 on: September 11, 2019, 12:16:46 AM »
Parker's not an entertaining fighter. Granted he was unlucky with referee's against Joshua who wouldn't let him box on the inside and against Whyte who got away with roughing him up. If his camp have any sense they'll ask for an Overseas one against Chisora.

Really enjoyed watching Michael Buffer on Hotboxin with Mike Tyson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPRXnzOjggA&t=2595s

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #60998 on: September 11, 2019, 09:19:41 AM »
God no! Fury did fuck all in that fight. Parker was muck, true, but was a comfortable winner I think. He is a solid HW in an era with no really good ones. Wouldn't be a world champion in many other eras (perhaps immediately post Tyson when Damiani was a champ FFS). Then again, I don't believe Charles Martin would be a champ in any other era; even Primo Carnera was better than him!  ;D

I might have nodded off to be fair...  Ruiz was a lot closer though, although that result has been put in perspective a bit.

Charles Martin is a good benchmark.  He only became champ because Glazkov fell over ;D

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #60999 on: September 13, 2019, 09:46:30 PM »

Really enjoyed watching Michael Buffer on Hotboxin with Mike Tyson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPRXnzOjggA&t=2595s
How good does buffer look for 74 .. also his & tyson's knowledge about boxing.. great watch.
several other good ones too.. Steve O, Tyson fury.. best bits for me is Mike when he gets the giggles  ;D  .. just great to see him in a good place.. & being Mike... not just Tyson  8)
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."