Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4236060 times)

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #60040 on: May 22, 2019, 08:53:18 am »
If you haven't seen Naoya Inoue, you really should.  He was fucking sensational again this weekend.  Truly deserves that nickname of Monster.

EDIT:  Full fight from Saturday here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFDCG8T0mcs

His KO rate is unreal especially at his weight divisions

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60041 on: May 22, 2019, 09:22:09 am »
That would only happen if Smith pushes the pace from the beginning. Otherwise he could get frustrated and lose a close decision.

Smith would be huge compared to Saunders though. He's massive for a SMW anyway and BJS doesn't really belong up there.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #60042 on: May 22, 2019, 09:27:33 am »
Smith would be huge compared to Saunders though. He's massive for a SMW anyway and BJS doesn't really belong up there.
True but Saunders is elusive and I believe that Smith won't look good against that kind of style. As talented as Smith is, we have to remember that his best career win was last time out against Groves who isn't exactly hard to tag. Skoglund caused him a lot of problems if I recall.

I think BJS would pose a challenge very different to what Smith has faced before. I would still favour Smith heavily in that fight if it ever happened but I wouldn't dismiss a fully focused Saunders.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60043 on: May 22, 2019, 09:37:52 am »
True but Saunders is elusive and I believe that Smith won't look good against that kind of style. As talented as Smith is, we have to remember that his best career win was last time out against Groves who isn't exactly hard to tag. Skoglund caused him a lot of problems if I recall.

I think BJS would pose a challenge very different to what Smith has faced before. I would still favour Smith heavily in that fight if it ever happened but I wouldn't dismiss a fully focused Saunders.

Yeah I don't think anyone looks good against Saunders.

The blueprint for beating him though is the second half of the Eubank fight. And I think Callum has got the tools to execute that plan over 12 rounds. Lots of ugly looking stuff on the ropes, but Jr landed on Saunders a lot, just doesn't have the power that Callum has.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60044 on: May 22, 2019, 02:19:57 pm »
The Super Middleweight division is so baron these day's anyone of BJS or Callum Smith could clean up unless Canelo moves up again.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #60045 on: May 25, 2019, 10:06:35 pm »
This Chris Norrad fella is against Hughie Fury on ch5

Looks embarassing, needed a hand into the ring!

Edit: haha, second round stoppage, Norrad went down and looked fucked. That's your main event!

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60046 on: May 25, 2019, 10:25:41 pm »
This Chris Norrad fella is against Hughie Fury on ch5

Looks embarassing, needed a hand into the ring!

Edit: haha, second round stoppage, Norrad went down and looked fucked. That's your main event!

I bet the punters are glad they bought tickets for it  ;D

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60047 on: May 25, 2019, 10:48:58 pm »
I bet the punters are glad they bought tickets for it  ;D

Haha, underwhelming or what.
Just had a featherweight match on, Marcel Braithwaite from Tocky won. Wahey!

Only watched Fury out of curiosity but he'd have had a longer match hitting a packet of crisps

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #60048 on: May 25, 2019, 11:30:35 pm »
What the fuck was that supposed to be then, do these fellas not get embarrassed that fights like that get broadcast, Richie Woodhall must be made up he made the effort tonight

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60049 on: May 26, 2019, 02:55:13 pm »
No excuse for taking that kind of bout when you have fought for a world title and not looked out of your depth. It is just a record padding exercise that only drives people away from boxing. Imagine paying money to go watch that  :o

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60050 on: May 26, 2019, 03:04:24 pm »
Anyone paying money to watch Hughie Fury deserves everything they get.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60051 on: May 26, 2019, 03:30:35 pm »
I was a bit sly on Chris Norrad but it says more about Fury

I mean I hope Norrad got a fair days pay.

Fury giving it the lip after the match of course. Cmon then, son, get back in the ring with some talent.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60052 on: May 26, 2019, 05:23:53 pm »
I was a bit sly on Chris Norrad but it says more about Fury

I mean I hope Norrad got a fair days pay.

Fury giving it the lip after the match of course. Cmon then, son, get back in the ring with some talent.
Yeah I don't begrudge the likes of Norrad making a few quid but he the kind of opponent you find when your prospect is a 5 fight novice; not when they have had a world title shot. Norrad's record is made up entirely of domestic fights against mainly inexperienced foes in Canada. He is 35 years old and I would imagine his goal is to make a few quid and not get seriously hurt. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Anyone paying money to watch Hughie Fury deserves everything they get.
;D
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 05:25:47 pm by 1892tillforever »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60053 on: May 27, 2019, 02:26:26 pm »
On my way down to London tonight for the trip to NYC lads.  Speak to you fuckers when I get back. Hopefully a great night for more than one reason if not I can always jump into the river.  :wave Or maybe bump into Shannon Briggs. #LetsGoChamp

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60054 on: May 27, 2019, 02:31:56 pm »
On my way down to London tonight for the trip to NYC lads.  Speak to you fuckers when I get back. Hopefully a great night for more than one reason if not I can always jump into the river.  :wave Or maybe bump into Shannon Briggs. #LetsGoChamp

Enjoy it mate, watching a fight at MSG is definitely on my bucket list.

Should be easy enough wins for all the Brits so you'll have a good night.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60055 on: May 27, 2019, 02:58:20 pm »
Yeah it's good mate, I've been to MSG before but that was with family this one is with mates and if Liverpool do the business also...  :lickin

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #60056 on: May 27, 2019, 04:17:31 pm »
Yeah it's good mate, I've been to MSG before but that was with family this one is with mates and if Liverpool do the business also...  :lickin

Enjoy, had a trip to MSG penciled in pending the outcome of the 2nd leg. Hopefully a great night on both counts.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60057 on: May 27, 2019, 10:28:39 pm »
Anyone see Devin Haney at the weekend? Only 20. Looks a real talent. Already like 19-0.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60058 on: May 27, 2019, 11:01:24 pm »
Anyone see Devin Haney at the weekend? Only 20. Looks a real talent. Already like 19-0.

Full fight here. Looks a prospect, shades of "Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather from 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbngQMZzb8g

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #60059 on: May 29, 2019, 07:06:57 am »
Wilder V Ortiz 2

Deal agreed.

Wilder, Joshua and Fury drama is all becoming a little boring.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 07:17:08 am by Fordy »

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #60060 on: May 29, 2019, 07:57:59 am »
Wilder doesn't want this Joshua fight does he.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60061 on: May 29, 2019, 09:14:44 am »
Wilder V Ortiz 2

Deal agreed.

Wilder, Joshua and Fury drama is all becoming a little boring.
Unfortunately outside of the two you have mentioned, and perhaps Whyte, Grandpa is probably the best fight he can take right now. Maybe the old man will make adjustments for the second bout and finish off Wilder when he gets the chance. The more likely outcome is a quicker KO for the younger man though.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60062 on: May 29, 2019, 09:33:44 am »
Wilder doesn't want this Joshua fight does he.

Neither seem in a rush , think Joshua needs it more than Wilder

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60063 on: May 29, 2019, 12:04:51 pm »

Neither seem in a rush , think Joshua needs it more than Wilder
It’s so weird, just can’t get my head round the fact that people are giving Wilder an easy ride and accusing Joshua of ducking when it’s clearly the other way round.

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #60064 on: May 29, 2019, 01:03:39 pm »
It’s so weird, just can’t get my head round the fact that people are giving Wilder an easy ride and accusing Joshua of ducking when it’s clearly the other way round.

I think that was the case when Fury and Wilder were tag teaming on matchroom and AJ with those accusations but with Fury’s subsequent agreement with espn, turning down the Wilder rematch and lining up Schwartz and Wilders general apathy toward anything resembling a challenge, most people are now seeing the truth.

I’m loving Joshua’s current PR exercise in The US with The American fans. He’s a likeable, articulate guy and they are loving him. He makes Wilder look like the unapproachable moron that everyone knows he is.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline NCrawley

• Kopite
« Reply #60065 on: May 29, 2019, 07:30:05 pm »
Any idea the expected UK start time for the Joshua fight? Planning on coming up to Liverpool from Nottingham on the Sunday (for obvious reasons) so don’t want to be waking up at the wrong time and be wide awake and it not start for hours!

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60066 on: May 31, 2019, 02:35:36 pm »
Any idea the expected UK start time for the Joshua fight? Planning on coming up to Liverpool from Nottingham on the Sunday (for obvious reasons) so don’t want to be waking up at the wrong time and be wide awake and it not start for hours!
Samie was the man when it came to such queries. Between 4-5am I think but double check on Google.

in other news;
Amir Khan's next fight will be an exhibition bout in Saudi Arabia against Indian boxer Neeraj Goyat, earning him a reported £7m.
His career has become a bit of a joke and safe to say it's over for him at the top level and Fordy wont get his dream match of Brook vs Khan. £7m for a joke of a match, taking a page out of Flloyds book.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60067 on: May 31, 2019, 03:05:40 pm »
I look on OddsChecker as they obviously want bets so are usually pretty accurate, says 4am but likely nearer 5am.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60068 on: May 31, 2019, 03:10:07 pm »
Samie was the man when it came to such queries. Between 4-5am I think but double check on Google.

in other news;
Amir Khan's next fight will be an exhibition bout in Saudi Arabia against Indian boxer Neeraj Goyat, earning him a reported £7m.
His career has become a bit of a joke and safe to say it's over for him at the top level and Fordy wont get his dream match of Brook vs Khan. £7m for a joke of a match, taking a page out of Flloyds book.

£7m for a sparring match , can’t blame him taking it

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60069 on: May 31, 2019, 05:41:36 pm »
No way he is getting paid that much.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60070 on: May 31, 2019, 07:15:16 pm »

in other news;

He knows Brook beats him and that's the end of the cash cow journey.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60071 on: May 31, 2019, 07:21:10 pm »
Fordy, you are more consistent than Andy Robertson. Soon as Khan name is mentioned, you can set your clock that you will reply with a mention of Brook  ;D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60072 on: May 31, 2019, 08:45:16 pm »
Khan's winding down his career now, can't blame him for taking that sparring session. Saudis will pay anything for a bit of entertainment, see WWE.

Live weigh-ins for AJ v Ruiz - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IJM00qqFgM

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60073 on: June 1, 2019, 12:35:39 am »
Unfortunately outside of the two you have mentioned, and perhaps Whyte, Grandpa is probably the best fight he can take right now. Maybe the old man will make adjustments for the second bout and finish off Wilder when he gets the chance. The more likely outcome is a quicker KO for the younger man though.
Grandpa is still a year younger than the ghost of Klitchko that Joshua fought after Fury easily beat him 2 years earlier. Grandpa for me more of a threat than any fight Joshua has had and this is their second fight. Hopefully the old man gets the ko when he has the chance this time. Wilder had to be the biggest idiot in boxing (and that's an achievement) with the shite he comes out with.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60074 on: June 1, 2019, 08:18:25 am »
Wilder says he's fighting Fury after Ortiz and that it's all signed for next year.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60075 on: June 1, 2019, 09:49:46 am »
Grandpa is still a year younger than the ghost of Klitchko that Joshua fought after Fury easily beat him 2 years earlier. Grandpa for me more of a threat than any fight Joshua has had and this is their second fight. Hopefully the old man gets the ko when he has the chance this time. Wilder had to be the biggest idiot in boxing (and that's an achievement) with the shite he comes out with.

Haha come on mate, you're not actually taking the d.o.b. from his passport seriously  :lmao

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60076 on: June 1, 2019, 10:22:36 am »

in other news;

Just seen this is for the WBC 'Pearl' title.

:butt :butt :butt

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60077 on: June 1, 2019, 12:44:30 pm »
Wilder says he's fighting Fury after Ortiz and that it's all signed for next year.
Nothing from fury about it so far

Strange

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60078 on: June 1, 2019, 01:16:04 pm »
Fordy, you are more consistent than Andy Robertson. Soon as Khan name is mentioned, you can set your clock that you will reply with a mention of Brook  ;D

;D  ;D

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60079 on: June 1, 2019, 01:19:14 pm »
Nothing from fury about it so far

Strange

Not strange.

He just doesn't want a bit of Joshua. He made a PR mistake announcing he was fight Otriz and is now trying to put more meat on the bones by saying he's fighting Fury after.

AJ is in a difficult position now. Think he has to fight Whyte next myself.