Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 2514195 times)

Offline cornishscouser92

• Believer
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #59280 on: December 11, 2018, 11:29:18 AM »
Anyone up for a RAWK boxing forum Xmas pint?
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #59281 on: December 11, 2018, 10:58:36 PM »
Anyone up for a RAWK boxing forum Xmas pint?
I'll be in Ireland but hope some of you lads do meet up. You'll find Samie outside a Gregg's anyway  :)

What you should do is get drunk and start practicing the Deontay Wilder windmill finish.  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59282 on: December 12, 2018, 09:59:49 AM »
I'll be in Ireland but hope some of you lads do meet up. You'll find Samie outside a Gregg's anyway  :)

What you should do is get drunk and start practicing the Deontay Wilder windmill finish.  ;D

Samie will be hanging around a kebab shop somewhere offering an open challenge for his Maltese title.

I'm not Liverpool based I'm afraid, and only in town for a couple of matches in December then straight back out again.  I will get knocked out in a pub car park somewhere in solidarity...

Offline King.Keita

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it."
  • Believer
« Reply #59283 on: December 12, 2018, 11:57:14 AM »
And I don't drink so I'm out of the equation. If anyone does go then hope you have a good time with no Maltese Heavyweight titles having to be defended in the car park.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and pretend they're mine.
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #59284 on: December 14, 2018, 04:01:22 PM »
How come there's two PPV's on rival channels at the same time this weekend? That must be a first surely?

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Believer
« Reply #59285 on: December 14, 2018, 04:03:12 PM »
How come there's two PPV's on rival channels at the same time this weekend? That must be a first surely?
because the two promoters are in a battle to show who can draw biggest audience and dont give a shit about the boxing fans basically its similar to any sporting even on tv

Offline puroresu_kid

• Believer
« Reply #59286 on: December 14, 2018, 04:30:08 PM »
because the two promoters are in a battle to show who can draw biggest audience and dont give a shit about the boxing fans basically its similar to any sporting even on tv

I dont think that's the reason.  Warrington v Frampton was never going to do big numbers regardless.  Frampton v Quigg did 240k ppv buys with all the sky hype behind it.  That fight will have its audience and Whyte v Chisora wont change it too much.

Whyte v Chisora was ideally would of been this weekend but the O2 wasn't available so it was next week or next year.  Next year doesnt work for Whyte who could possibly fight AJ in April.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Believer
« Reply #59287 on: December 14, 2018, 04:31:56 PM »
Deontay Wilder on Joe Rogan show.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/J2dKtzwqbzM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/J2dKtzwqbzM</a>

Joe Rogan knows shit about boxing.  The stuff he says about AJ is laughable.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Believer
« Reply #59288 on: December 14, 2018, 05:00:37 PM »
I dont think that's the reason.  Warrington v Frampton was never going to do big numbers regardless.  Frampton v Quigg did 240k ppv buys with all the sky hype behind it.  That fight will have its audience and Whyte v Chisora wont change it too much.

Whyte v Chisora was ideally would of been this weekend but the O2 wasn't available so it was next week or next year.  Next year doesnt work for Whyte who could possibly fight AJ in April.
PLENTY of other venues that could have held it though apart from o2

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59289 on: December 14, 2018, 05:57:27 PM »

Ridiculous that either event is PPV. I'm a big boxing fan and pay for a majority of PPVs but won't be buying either. Plenty of boxing fans will follow suit, and casuals won't be arsed so both events could tank.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59290 on: December 14, 2018, 06:36:42 PM »
Puroesu do you actually believe what you are saying because you are legit sounding like you're drinking the Matchroom koolaid

This move from Eddie is not a good look for boxing.

I wont be in the country but I would have watched the Whyte fight because of the first one. He clearly wants to kill off the competition and that's fair enough. I've done the same thing as head of a Nigerian community organisation when he had some wannabe rival organisation  trying to make noise. We put one of our events on the same date (deliberately) and they subsequently lost steam and fcuked off.

I have no issues with them being snide like that but trying to pretend it couldn't be helped is just insulting

I wouldn't be surprised if it was more to spite Frampton than Warrren. I've watched a video of Hearn talking about Frampton and saying 'he doesn't have to like me but I can make him so much money' when Frampton was a free agent. He went and signed with Warren as clearly Carl could not get past his dislike of Eddie

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59291 on: December 14, 2018, 07:21:07 PM »
Pretty sure that Hearn and Warren have both done this to each other over the years. Definitely not the first time Matchroom has done it. Can't remember 2 PPVs at the same time though, but they're both domestic dust ups that shouldn't be PPVs anyway.

In other news, PBC have signed up with ITV, so this shit is only going to get worse.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59292 on: December 14, 2018, 07:42:09 PM »
Pretty sure that Hearn and Warren have both done this to each other over the years. Definitely not the first time Matchroom has done it. Can't remember 2 PPVs at the same time though, but they're both domestic dust ups that shouldn't be PPVs anyway.

In other news, PBC have signed up with ITV, so this shit is only going to get worse.

Defo been done before but first time as PPV.

Offline King.Keita

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it."
  • Believer
« Reply #59293 on: December 15, 2018, 05:12:16 PM »
Canelo v Fielding tonight. Still have no idea how someone like him got a fight again one of the worlds best.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59294 on: December 15, 2018, 05:37:54 PM »
Canelo v Fielding tonight. Still have no idea how someone like him got a fight again one of the worlds best.
He has a world title of sorts and Ginger fancies a handy extra weight class shiny thing.

Fielding's size and reach could pose early problems but Canelo is far too good and will surely break him down to a stoppage.

Offline Barneylfc

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #59295 on: December 15, 2018, 11:13:00 PM »

I get the impression Rocky feels like that too. Hopefully he gives a good account of himself.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59296 on: December 15, 2018, 11:42:08 PM »
Easy win but YES ROCKY come one you can get something out of this even if it's the Smith v Abraham cash flow rematch.

Canelo coming of two straight losses and stepping up in weight, he is by no means invincible.

Offline macca007

• Believer
« Reply #59297 on: December 16, 2018, 03:57:41 AM »
Anyone got a working stream for this?

Online Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Justice.
« Reply #59298 on: December 16, 2018, 03:59:27 AM »
Anyone got a working stream for this?

I'm on buffstream's acestream, but some here to try: https://www.reddit.com/r/BoxingStreams/comments/a6jena/canelo_v_rocky/
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline cloggypop

• Believer
« Reply #59299 on: December 16, 2018, 04:37:45 AM »
Star strangled banner there.

Online Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Justice.
« Reply #59300 on: December 16, 2018, 04:53:07 AM »
Ouch. Painful first round that.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59301 on: December 16, 2018, 04:59:41 AM »
Canelo pissed it. Least Rocky got paid 7 figures. Very Evertonian performance that
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 05:09:29 AM by Clayton Bigsby »

Offline macca007

• Believer
« Reply #59302 on: December 16, 2018, 05:21:44 AM »
I'm on buffstream's acestream, but some here to try: https://www.reddit.com/r/BoxingStreams/comments/a6jena/canelo_v_rocky/

Nice one for that. Disappointing way for it to go as canelo never looked in any trouble. Wanted rocky to do a bit more than he managed

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59303 on: December 16, 2018, 05:43:25 AM »
Canelo pissed it. Least Rocky got paid 7 figures. Very Evertonian performance that

Yup lol ... extremely evertonian performance. Looked like canelo was beating up his local electrician
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online fucking appalled

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Buck Dancer
« Reply #59304 on: December 16, 2018, 09:22:22 AM »
Absolutely brutal that

Every time he went down he looked over to his corner as if to say ‘why the fuck have you put me in with this bloke?’
I believe the average spend will go up £5 ahead and that’s being very conservative. So that’s £185k. Then you have a new 25k who will spend £10 a head that’s £250k. This is without the massively enhanced hospitality areas.

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. He's creepy and he's kooky, mysterious and spooky, he's altogether ooky, he's Adam's fa-mi-ly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59305 on: December 16, 2018, 09:26:38 AM »
It was like Rocky was looking over waiting for Jamie to throw the trowel in.

He was way out of his depth.

Suppose he can start spending his 7 figures now. 

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59306 on: December 16, 2018, 10:01:07 AM »
Hope that purse was worth the concussions and potential future brain damage.

Bordering on irresponsible by Eddie Hearn putting him in there

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. He's creepy and he's kooky, mysterious and spooky, he's altogether ooky, he's Adam's fa-mi-ly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59307 on: December 16, 2018, 10:08:34 AM »
That Ryan Garcia put on the best performance of the night. Looks a special talent.

Online Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59308 on: December 16, 2018, 10:10:17 AM »

Rocky took so big upper cuts and head shots even though the body shots were brutal.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59309 on: December 16, 2018, 10:22:29 AM »

Have to respectfully disagree here. Rocky is 'The Champion' and champion should take on all comers. Rocky could get beaten by any person arpund that level for a hell of a lot less money than he did against Canelo

It was an embarrassing performance and he looked like a competition winner out there but he is now a millionaire

Irresponsible would be Brook v GGG though Brook got multi million payday for that

Offline King.Keita

• Believer
« Reply #59310 on: December 16, 2018, 10:28:47 AM »
That Ryan Garcia put on the best performance of the night. Looks a special talent.
Yeah he's a top prospect.

As for Rocky, guy had absolutely no business being in therr with Canelo. Back to fighting Latvians at York Hall.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59311 on: December 16, 2018, 10:39:41 AM »
Well that was worth staying up for.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Believer
  • feck off
« Reply #59312 on: December 16, 2018, 11:27:43 AM »
not seen it (might do at some point) but before the fight I thought that canelo saw an easy route to a so-called world title and a way of saying he's won one at that weight. nothing's changed my mind since.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59313 on: December 16, 2018, 11:34:22 AM »
Callum Smith is the WBA Champion
He doesnt even hold two belts so this regualr thing makese even less sense tna it normally does

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59314 on: December 16, 2018, 11:35:06 AM »

I agree with CB here. Rocky lucked into a "world title" by beat Zeuge, the Super Middleweight version of Charles Martin. He would probably have been beaten by anyone on the fringes of the top 10 for a fraction of what he got for his beating last night. He got a hiding but can recover and most importantly, if he is smart, he is set up financially for a very long time. When it is time for him to retire, he can do so knowing that he is one of the few boxers with a fat bank balance. Better to take one slapping now, than half a dozen when past your prime.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 11:37:31 AM by 1892tillforever »

Online Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59315 on: December 16, 2018, 11:37:32 AM »
not seen it (might do at some point) but before the fight I thought that canelo saw an easy route to a so-called world title and a way of saying he's won one at that weight. nothing's changed my mind since.

Yeah he said already he is going to fight back at his normal weight now.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #59316 on: December 16, 2018, 11:39:55 AM »
Yeah he said already he is going to fight back at his normal weight now.
Not surprising. Did anyone really think he would fight Callum Smith?

I'd strongly back Callum via TKO if Canelo was foolish enough to fight him.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Believer
« Reply #59317 on: December 16, 2018, 11:57:41 AM »
Shambles. Didn't watch as this is what I thought would happen. Pointless fight

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96.
« Reply #59318 on: December 16, 2018, 12:06:01 PM »
Rocky isn't world class but he isn't a bum, he knew he had no chance in there and a loss against Canelo is absolutely no shame for any fighter.

When all is said and done, when he's an old man, he will get to tell his grandkids that he headlined at Madison Square Garden against a potentially ATG fighter. And he got a nice few quid for doing it. Why would he NOT take such a fight? I reckon he's going to fight De Gale next year who is clearly on the slide and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a hell of a lot closer than people think.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Believer
« Reply #59319 on: December 16, 2018, 12:34:43 PM »
Rocky isn't world class but he isn't a bum, he knew he had no chance in there and a loss against Canelo is absolutely no shame for any fighter.

When all is said and done, when he's an old man, he will get to tell his grandkids that he headlined at Madison Square Garden against a potentially ATG fighter. And he got a nice few quid for doing it. Why would he NOT take such a fight? I reckon he's going to fight De Gale next year who is clearly on the slide and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a hell of a lot closer than people think.

Don't blame him for taking it, big £££, MSG fight. But it was always going to end in a demolition