Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3524931 times)

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #46200 on: September 22, 2017, 11:10:19 pm »
Just watched the 2nd Kingsmen film, took my eldest for a VERY rare Daddy daughter night out

Was fucking ace

However - I realised its full of Fox news and that shit rag images and felt instantly dirty -DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE AT THE CINEMA - just learn how to download illegally - I have tons of IP torrent invites and I use the IPT browser with built in VPN so you don't have to worry about viruses or being stopped by Talk Talk/BT etc

Great cast, stupid campy story but great 2 hours to forget the shit in the world
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #46201 on: September 23, 2017, 12:18:30 am »
Just watched Julieta. Beautiful film.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #46202 on: September 23, 2017, 12:31:55 am »
Having seen It this morning, I went to see mother! tonight. One was a "horror" film, the other was actually, properly fucking horrifying. I've been sat here in a state of semi shock for nearly an hour trying to process it and I really don't know what to say. Aronofsky is dark at the best of times and he does it incredibly well - Requiem and the Wrestler are two of my favourite films of all time. But I don't want to imagine what sort of shit was going through the bloke's head when he thought this up.

Lawrence is incredible as she always is - she deserves an Oscar for that performance but I'd be amazed if the academy even associated with a film like this. The tone is jarring and wrong and just uncomfortable. Some of the imagery made me feel physically sick. I can see why people hate this. I think Lawrence and Aronofsky are lying when they say it's about climate change - it's too personal and too raw and too fucking human. They've put something out there, can't take it back and realised it's way too much for a lot of people. That's my opinion anyway. I would call it a must watch but I have friends who I would tell to stay the fuck away from it. It's mental.

Christ. This won't be leaving me for months. The last time a film had this much of an impact on me I was a fresher at university and had just seen Mulholland Drive. I thought originally it wasn't Lynchian but thinking about it more and more, the theme of male artists exploiting women runs through both MD and mother. It's ingenious, it's fucked up beyond belief.

I've had mates say to me that it reminded them of Antichrist but LVT goes further in terms of imagery. Everything else though leaves Antichrist in the shade.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 01:15:44 am by TravisBickle »
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • op.23. Thanks for everything Rafa
« Reply #46203 on: September 23, 2017, 08:14:53 am »
Seeing all the reaction on here about Mother, I have no choice but to go and enjoy it at the cinemas. I'm a big fan of Aranofsky and I think this is the perfect antitode to get over the massive dissapointment that was Noah.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 11:59:48 am by Prelude no.5 »
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46204 on: September 23, 2017, 11:29:15 am »
I was gonna go and see Mother this weekend.

Unfortunately, I'm full of cold now, and l think it would be a little unfair to all the other cinema goers if I coughed and spluttered right throughout the film.

Have to leave it till next week now. Bugger.

I'm getting quite impatient to see it now, after reading some of the critiques in here.  :thumbup

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46205 on: September 24, 2017, 05:59:31 pm »
Baby Driver - style and music over a real decent storyline. Wasn't bad or great.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46206 on: September 24, 2017, 06:15:33 pm »
Baby Driver - style and music over a real decent storyline. Wasn't bad or great.

It was awful.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46207 on: September 24, 2017, 06:51:48 pm »

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46208 on: September 24, 2017, 10:03:14 pm »
Kingsman: The Golden Circle - Boss to start, bit slow in the middle, fucking awesome to end.

Well worth a watch, especially if you loved the first one.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #46209 on: September 25, 2017, 12:20:11 am »
Watched the accountant tonight, pleasantly surprised. Also saw the infiltrater a couple of weeks back which was fantastic.

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46210 on: September 26, 2017, 09:07:21 am »
Just watched Julieta. Beautiful film.

Love Almodovar.
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46211 on: September 26, 2017, 09:24:48 am »
Just watched the 2nd Kingsmen film, took my eldest for a VERY rare Daddy daughter night out

Was fucking ace

However - I realised its full of Fox news and that shit rag images and felt instantly dirty -DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE AT THE CINEMA - just learn how to download illegally - I have tons of IP torrent invites and I use the IPT browser with built in VPN so you don't have to worry about viruses or being stopped by Talk Talk/BT etc

Great cast, stupid campy story but great 2 hours to forget the shit in the world

Same scenario for me mate but I'm going with my son next week.

Sad to hear about the shit rag product placement but I can't cancel on him now so am going to boo when it appears on screen.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #46212 on: September 26, 2017, 11:09:34 am »
Watched Hunt for the Wilderpeople last night. Even though I feel like I've seen a few too many of these sort of films, it was still really funny & charming throughout. My only real gripe would be that the female child protection agent was a truly terrible actress. 7/10

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #46213 on: September 26, 2017, 04:12:53 pm »

He must be talking about

Cult.of.Chucky.2017.UNRATED.720p.BluRay.x264-ROVERS

Guess if I download this then I'm a terrible person and all the thousands of pounds I raised for our local hospice is worthless? :D

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #46214 on: September 26, 2017, 05:14:09 pm »

He must be talking about

Cult.of.Chucky.2017.UNRATED.720p.BluRay.x264-ROVERS

Guess if I download this then I'm a terrible person and all the thousands of pounds I raised for our local hospice is worthless? :D
Could be millions and you'd still be a bad person!  ;D

Spider-Man Homecoming 2017 720p WEB-DL H264 AC3-EVO
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46215 on: September 26, 2017, 05:19:24 pm »
Could be millions and you'd still be a bad person!  ;D

Spider-Man Homecoming 2017 720p WEB-DL H264 AC3-EVO

I'll settle for Mediocre Person who gets good films :)

Ooh thanks for the new Spiderman shout... it's also in full HD, plenty of choice! The AMZN one is in 16:9, it is 40 minutes longer, looks like extra scenes are tagged on

Spider-Man.Homecoming.2017.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DD+5.1.H.264-SiGMA.mkv
Spider-Man Homecoming 2017 1080p WEB-DL H264 DD 5.1-@Bibiloni9.mkv
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 05:23:13 pm by ToneLa »

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #46216 on: September 26, 2017, 05:25:10 pm »
I'll settle for Mediocre Person who gets good films :)

Ooh thanks for the new Spiderman shout... it's also in full HD, plenty of choice!

Spider-Man.Homecoming.2017.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DD+5.1.H.264-SiGMA.mkv
Spider-Man Homecoming 2017 1080p WEB-DL H264 DD 5.1-@Bibiloni9.mkv

It could be in 4k I still wouldn't watch it. ;D

I can understand smaller film makers being pissed at leaked films as a lot of jobs are reliant upon the money made from those little films.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46217 on: September 26, 2017, 05:30:49 pm »
Nice one Fella's

Just discussing Aronofsky in the Movie draft thread and did ask if anyone had chance to see this yet

I'll be giving it a bash.

Watched it last night man, it's mental. Not really sure what to make of it, but I don't think I've seen anything quite like it before. I'd probably have to watch it again to work out my feelings about it, but I'm not entirely sure I want to...

Offline Conocinico

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cameras in your food, dude.
« Reply #46218 on: September 27, 2017, 01:45:32 am »
Watched it last night man, it's mental. Not really sure what to make of it, but I don't think I've seen anything quite like it before. I'd probably have to watch it again to work out my feelings about it, but I'm not entirely sure I want to...

Sounds great!
This sentence is not provable

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #46219 on: September 27, 2017, 02:31:47 am »
If anybody likes 'so bad it was good' films, then you have to check out Birdemic. It's the sort of film to watch with mates/other half and just take the piss out of it start to finish. It reminds me a little of Bad Taste by Peter Jackson, except this wasn't intentionally made badly, the guy is just shite and making films. He does literally everything wrong, as does everyone else involved in the project. By far the worst film every made. Yet bizarrely I would recommend it to anybody :D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1316037/

« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 02:33:18 am by BabuYagu »
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #46220 on: September 27, 2017, 02:38:10 am »
Saw an old Gosling film called "Lars and the Real Girl" with my wife at the weekend.

Very original, funny and thought provoking films. Gosling is outstanding in it.

I particularly recommend it to anybody who likes Lost in Translation. Think it will press the right buttons for you in particular even though an entirely different sort of film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0805564/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46221 on: September 27, 2017, 06:16:08 pm »
Went to see mother at the cinema as suggested here.

Thankfully Noah was a blip for Aronofsky and this is a return to form. Bardem was excellent, but I wasn't overly keen on Jennifer Lawrence, I thought we only saw glimpses of her. I liked the allegorical aspect of it all, whatever the allegory may be. It's powerful and I left the room head reeling trying to make sense of it all.
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #46222 on: September 27, 2017, 11:28:01 pm »
Went to see mother at the cinema as suggested here.

Thankfully Noah was a blip for Aronofsky and this is a return to form. Bardem was excellent, but I wasn't overly keen on Jennifer Lawrence, I thought we only saw glimpses of her. I liked the allegorical aspect of it all, whatever the allegory may be. It's powerful and I left the room head reeling trying to make sense of it all.

Uh.. what do you mean by glimpses of Jennifer Lawrence? She was almost in every frame of the movie.

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46223 on: September 28, 2017, 07:56:47 am »
Uh.. what do you mean by glimpses of Jennifer Lawrence? She was almost in every frame of the movie.

I meant glimpses of her acting talents. Much of it was her feeling lost and confused, she did it well but I wouldn't call it a tour de force acting performance.

Offline Saul Goodman

• Superfluous apostrophe's are us
  • Legacy Fan
  • Better call Saul!
    • Better Call Saul.
« Reply #46224 on: September 28, 2017, 07:47:41 pm »
Wind River 2017 720p HC HDRIP x264 AC3 TiTAN

Hardcoded Korean subs but very good quality. Decent film although much preferred Hell or High Water.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #46225 on: September 29, 2017, 12:04:16 am »
Haven't watched any asian cinema in a while. Always liked films like Oldboy, the Vengeance series, Infernal Affairs, Bittersweet Life, the Chaser, Man from Nowhere, Yip Man, Confessions, Battle Royale.

Haven't seen (m)any in about 5 years now. Any newer recommendations.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46226 on: September 29, 2017, 02:00:34 am »
Haven't watched any asian cinema in a while. Always liked films like Oldboy, the Vengeance series, Infernal Affairs, Bittersweet Life, the Chaser, Man from Nowhere, Yip Man, Confessions, Battle Royale.

Not really new but I really enjoyed I Saw The Devil.

The Handmaiden is really highly rated, I thought it was decent but not spectacular.

Train to Busan is a bit more silly but still a very enjoyable film.

Also The Raid is a brilliant action movie.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 02:07:57 am by Schmidt »

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #46227 on: September 29, 2017, 06:14:32 am »

Would echo Schmidt's recommendation on both I Saw the Devil and The Handmaiden. The director of the former is also known for A Tale of Two Sisters (maybe one of the best and best known Asian horror movies) and The Good, the Bad and the Weird (a slapstick Asian spaghetti western - good fun).

You may also be interested in the films of Bong Joon-ho, who is another huge Korean director.

He's most known for movies like The Host, Memories of Murder, Mother, Snowpiercer and Okja.

If you want some quieter Japanese movies, all films by Hirokazu Kore-eda are worth checking out. I'm particularly fond of After the Storm and Our Little Sister.

Takashi Miike, while being way too prolific for his own good, has also done some really polished stuff. Thirteen Assassins is a terrific homage to Seven Samurai and loads of fun.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #46228 on: September 29, 2017, 09:11:27 am »
The Beguiled 2017 720p WEB-DL H264 AC3-EVO

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #46229 on: September 29, 2017, 09:16:15 am »
Wind River 2017 720p HC HDRIP x264 AC3 TiTAN

Hardcoded Korean subs but very good quality. Decent film although much preferred Hell or High Water.
Yep I enjoyed this. Not complicated in any way, worth it for the mountain shots alone 8)

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #46230 on: September 29, 2017, 10:43:06 pm »
Not really new but I really enjoyed I Saw The Devil.

The Handmaiden is really highly rated, I thought it was decent but not spectacular.

Train to Busan is a bit more silly but still a very enjoyable film.

Also The Raid is a brilliant action movie.
Seen the Raid. Amazing. I heard there is a sequel too so will track that down. Thanks for reminding me. Train to Busan I heard of as being asian cinema's answer to Shaun of the Dead so I am curious on that too. Will add the others to my list, thanks mate.

Would echo Schmidt's recommendation on both I Saw the Devil and The Handmaiden. The director of the former is also known for A Tale of Two Sisters (maybe one of the best and best known Asian horror movies) and The Good, the Bad and the Weird (a slapstick Asian spaghetti western - good fun).

You may also be interested in the films of Bong Joon-ho, who is another huge Korean director.

He's most known for movies like The Host, Memories of Murder, Mother, Snowpiercer and Okja.

If you want some quieter Japanese movies, all films by Hirokazu Kore-eda are worth checking out. I'm particularly fond of After the Storm and Our Little Sister.

Takashi Miike, while being way too prolific for his own good, has also done some really polished stuff. Thirteen Assassins is a terrific homage to Seven Samurai and loads of fun.
Liked Tale of Two Sisters. Will check that out. Also anything with Beat Takashi or by Takashi Miike too. Haven't seen 13 Assassins though, will give that a look also. Thanks

Haven't heard of Bong Joon-ho or Hirokazu Kore-eda - so will add them to the list also. Cheers mate.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46231 on: September 29, 2017, 11:42:05 pm »
Seen the Raid. Amazing. I heard there is a sequel too so will track that down. Thanks for reminding me. Train to Busan I heard of as being asian cinema's answer to Shaun of the Dead so I am curious on that too. Will add the others to my list, thanks mate.

Liked Tale of Two Sisters. Will check that out. Also anything with Beat Takashi or by Takashi Miike too. Haven't seen 13 Assassins though, will give that a look also. Thanks

Haven't heard of Bong Joon-ho or Hirokazu Kore-eda - so will add them to the list also. Cheers mate.

The sequel is okay, the action is still good but they tried to add a more in depth story around it and it just gets in the way.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46232 on: September 29, 2017, 11:57:03 pm »
Geralds.Game.2017.1080p.NF.WEB-DL.DD5.1.x264-NTG.mkv

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #46233 on: September 30, 2017, 12:05:38 am »
Love Almodovar.

It's hard to think of a director who works so well with women
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #46234 on: September 30, 2017, 03:09:07 am »
The Big Sick was great. Equal parts comedy, drama and romance, and with some excellent performances from all the leads. Top 5 of the year so far for me.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #46235 on: September 30, 2017, 09:53:23 am »
Late to the party but Baby Driver was kinda boss. Lots of hype around it but to a certain extent it was after all justified. Thoroughly enjoyable  and action and music packed. The latter of course was its biggest success with how it covered a whole scene or simply accompany it but most importantly the timing of it and how it matched the scenes.

Small but enough background about the main character, his character development was highlighted with a certain scene that stands out and yes, Foxx was good at his role.

Had its cliches but I suspect lots of them were on purpose.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #46236 on: September 30, 2017, 02:37:42 pm »
Watched Black Dynamite last night. If you like things like Garth Merenghi's Dark Place - I highly recommend it. It's a Blaxploitation parody. Like Shaft meets Naked Gun I guess.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #46237 on: September 30, 2017, 03:05:56 pm »

Babu, you know another you could check out if you like Miike is Sion Sono. Like Miike, he is EXTREMELY hit or miss. There's one called "Love Exposure" - it's around four hours long and is ostensibly about a hentai (pervert) who takes upskirt photos for a living, and a sort of religious cult, and ... fuck knows, it defies explanation - but it ends up being the most romantic thing you'll see. I could understand anyone who said they hated it - I imagine there are more of those than there are like me, who loved it flaws and all.

"Cold Fish" is far less strange, but it's good, and "Himizu" is truly a great one - very affecting. "Guilty of Romance" is gonzo as all fuck and I have no idea what to say about it, but if you like the others it might be worth a download. Don't watch "Strange Circus," it's stupid and very terrible. There are several others that look good, but I am waiting on subtitles
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46238 on: September 30, 2017, 04:30:31 pm »
Watched Black Dynamite last night. If you like things like Garth Merenghi's Dark Place - I highly recommend it. It's a Blaxploitation parody. Like Shaft meets Naked Gun I guess.

Boss film. You seen the animated spin off series? It's on Adult Swim and some of the actors reprise their roles (notably White and Tommy Davidson - Cream Corn in the film) so you can probably imagine what to expect. Very entertaining of you're into that kind of thing.

Michael Jai White's pretty cool actually (according to my mate, who was an extra in Blood N Bone), funny bloke and has been in numerous decent (ie shite but enjoyable) modern martial arts movies.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #46239 on: September 30, 2017, 04:40:46 pm »
Boss film. You seen the animated spin off series? It's on Adult Swim and some of the actors reprise their roles (notably White and Tommy Davidson - Cream Corn in the film) so you can probably imagine what to expect. Very entertaining of you're into that kind of thing.

Michael Jai White's pretty cool actually (according to my mate, who was an extra in Blood N Bone), funny bloke and has been in numerous decent (ie shite but enjoyable) modern martial arts movies.

That animated series is an absolutely cracking good show  :thumbup
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"