Author Topic: Djibril Cissé  (Read 250256 times)

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
Re: Djibril Cisse watch
« Reply #3000 on: February 2, 2012, 10:44:00 am »
He's still 1 of my favourite players for some reason

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3001 on: February 2, 2012, 10:44:44 am »
He's still 1 of my favourite players for some reason

This.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3002 on: February 2, 2012, 11:05:13 am »
this is a funny thread.

i'd have him in my squad any day rather than kuyt. but the reason why he was sold was because he was a saleable asset, as is babel now.

congrats to him and scoring many goals this season and winning silverware. shame we havent won anything since he departed.

madness, gimme Kuyt any day of the week.
we sold him because he was pants, some of you lot have short memories.
watching him an Baros endlessly fuck up good chances was like having teeth pulled.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #3003 on: February 2, 2012, 11:11:55 am »
this thread's lifetime has not been cut short
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #3004 on: February 2, 2012, 11:19:38 am »

He never fulfilled his potential, something I was really gutted about as he came with the promise of someone who might just become a true world beater but to say he was pants is wrong and not entirely fair as it doesn't take into account the horrific injuries he suffered or the fact that for some reason Rafa saw fit to deploy him on the right wing a lot. When I think about Cisse, I immediately think about his cracking goal at Goodison, his cracking goal in the cup final and his little cameo in Istanbul where he looked a real threat. What a pity we never deployed him this way a bit more often or played to his strengths, maybe he'd have had more joy.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3005 on: February 2, 2012, 11:21:52 am »
Was always on to a bit of a loss here seeing as he arrived with Rafa, but was never his signing.

Got a soft spot for him though. Scored some important goals for us. Delighted he's back in the league.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3006 on: February 2, 2012, 12:11:41 pm »
madness, gimme Kuyt any day of the week.
watching him an Baros endlessly fuck up good chances was like having teeth pulled.

Pants?

He scored 19 goals mostly from right wing and sub appearances in a season for us.

Just think at the time he didnt fit in rafa's plans and was played out of position most of the time.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3007 on: February 2, 2012, 12:21:19 pm »
He was a good player for us imo. Read on BBC he scored 11 goals in 23 games for us and then he broke his leg. That's a good record and maybe if his leg wasn't broke he'd have kept on scoring like that. 19 goals from the wing wasn't bad either as he was and is a striker.

Loved his dancing round the European Cup as well and his celebrations after the FA Cup too. Good luck Djib, I hope you score lots of goals at QPR. Just not against us.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3008 on: February 2, 2012, 12:25:22 pm »
Great to see him back in the Prem, think he wants to prove a point to everyone that thought he was 'shit'

Offline LondonRedMan

• wants to donate to RAWk because a kindly mod took away his nasty CT.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #3009 on: February 2, 2012, 12:49:33 pm »
Welcome back.

Good signing for them. Could still do a job for us!

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3010 on: February 2, 2012, 12:51:00 pm »
Hope he does well.

Given his attributes (pace and finding the back of the net) and availability, I'm a wee bit disappointed we didn't see fit to have a stab at re-signing him this window.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #3011 on: February 2, 2012, 01:52:47 pm »
It is indeed good to see him back, comes across very well here as well;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16848086

Offline danny boy the red

• arsed bead lover
  • Legacy Fan
  • Were going to Wembley!!!
« Reply #3012 on: February 2, 2012, 02:02:35 pm »
I never really warmed to Cisse, he struck me as a Henry wannabe, in both playing style and personality and ended up a poor imitation on  both fronts.

I'll never forget his performance away at Old Trafford in the 2005/2006 season I think, the game where Ferdinand scored a last minute winner.

We dominated them that day and they only ended up finishing about 2  or 3 points  above us that year, although Chelsea walked it. It was the worst centre forward performance I think I've ever seen from a Liverpool player, bearing in mind everyone else was excellent that day. Her missed an absolute sitter from about 5 yards, he may have even had 2 stabs at it. He literally wasn't able to trap the ball that day.

I've never been able to get over how shit he was up there.

http://twitter.com/thebig_sam

"Excited about working with young Ravel Morrison, but he comes with a list of "dead important" instructions. He's like a fucking Gremlin.

The first three? Don't let him near fireworks; Don't let him drink rum; Don't let him carry a sword. Fucking hell"

Offline ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3013 on: February 2, 2012, 02:07:49 pm »
I never really warmed to Cisse, he struck me as a Henry wannabe, in both playing style and personality and ended up a poor imitation on  both fronts.

I'll never forget his performance away at Old Trafford in the 2005/2006 season I think, the game where Ferdinand scored a last minute winner.

We dominated them that day and they only ended up finishing about 2  or 3 points  above us that year, although Chelsea walked it. It was the worst centre forward performance I think I've ever seen from a Liverpool player, bearing in mind everyone else was excellent that day. Her missed an absolute sitter from about 5 yards, he may have even had 2 stabs at it. He literally wasn't able to trap the ball that day.

I've never been able to get over how shit he was up there.

So you're basing your opinion of him on one game?

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3014 on: February 2, 2012, 02:08:15 pm »

how do you come to the conclusion that he wanted to play like henry or even act like him?

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #3015 on: February 2, 2012, 02:11:00 pm »
Because he was french? lol

thats his answer probably

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #3016 on: February 2, 2012, 02:18:02 pm »
Just put him in my fantasy footie team. Come on Djib lad.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3017 on: February 2, 2012, 02:21:59 pm »
Because he was french?

And black. Racist.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3018 on: February 2, 2012, 02:23:58 pm »
Because he was french? lol

thats his answer probably

And black. Racist.

I actually put at the start "because he is french and black?" but removed it  ;D

Offline Wish Matrix

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3019 on: February 2, 2012, 02:35:18 pm »
Owen-Cisse striking force would be immense in 2004 just as Torres-Suarez for 2011 :(
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him (Jurgen Klopp) as the next Liverpool manager

Offline djphal

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3020 on: February 2, 2012, 02:36:28 pm »
Owen-Cisse striking force would be immense in 2004 just as Torres-Suarez for 2011 :(

yeah coz torres has been great this season

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #3021 on: February 2, 2012, 03:17:01 pm »
2 Lazio fascists c*nts wrote on his twitter page some despicable racist things last night but he got back at them right away.Good for him.Some people are really sick.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2012, 03:19:05 pm by Yiannis »
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3022 on: February 2, 2012, 03:37:35 pm »
yeah coz torres has been great this season

Been gone over plenty of times but Torres really was starting to hit form for us before he left. I honestly do believe him and Suarez would have been great for each other.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

• arsed bead lover
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3023 on: February 2, 2012, 03:41:35 pm »
So you're basing your opinion of him on one game?

Not really mate, I just never warmed to him the way some did. For me he had pace  a bit of strength and was very raw when he arrived. He had potential, but he never made it out of that raw state for me.

He just seemed very brainless to me.

"Excited about working with young Ravel Morrison, but he comes with a list of "dead important" instructions. He's like a fucking Gremlin.

The first three? Don't let him near fireworks; Don't let him drink rum; Don't let him carry a sword. Fucking hell"

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3024 on: February 2, 2012, 03:41:44 pm »
Remember Cisse showing his quality with his goal in the cup final. We were up against it but a moment of class from Gerrard, with some good finishing by Cisse kept us in it. For me that, along with his unrequited love for Liverpool are the things I remember most clearly  :scarf

Offline ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3025 on: February 2, 2012, 03:42:47 pm »
Not really mate, I just never warmed to him the way some did. For me he had pace  a bit of strength and was very raw when he arrived. He had potential, but he never made it out of that raw state for me.

He just seemed very brainless to me.

I don't know how you can say he was 'raw' - he had just finished the season as top scorer in Ligue 1

• arsed bead lover
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3026 on: February 2, 2012, 03:48:18 pm »
how do you come to the conclusion that he wanted to play like henry or even act like him?

I was a bit strong with my wording there, I just always thought Cisse was a likeable eejit who had more interest in his social life than playing football.
The eejit aspect is probably what he has most in common with Henry.

Anyway I can see a few on here like him and rate him so I'll keep quiet. He just wasn't the ideal 10 million striker for us to bring in after Diouf.

• arsed bead lover
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3027 on: February 2, 2012, 03:50:09 pm »
I don't know how you can say he was 'raw' - he had just finished the season as top scorer in Ligue 1

I know how he finished the season in France, I remember stephane guivarc'h being alright in France too.

• arsed bead lover
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3028 on: February 2, 2012, 03:51:10 pm »
Remember Cisse showing his quality with his goal in the cup final. We were up against it but a moment of class from Gerrard, with some good finishing by Cisse kept us in it. For me that, along with his unrequited love for Liverpool are the things I remember most clearly  :scarf

This was his finest moment in a red shirt no doubt.  I remember him scoring  a cracker away to Charlton before as well I think.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3029 on: February 2, 2012, 03:51:43 pm »
Always kind of felt sorry for Cisse.  If any single transfer could sum up the incompetence of pRick Parry, it would have to be allowing a manager you've pretty much already decided to sack to bring in your club's most expensive player to date and leave your new manager short on funds.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

• arsed bead lover
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3030 on: February 2, 2012, 03:53:15 pm »
Always kind of felt sorry for Cisse.  If any single transfer could sum up the incompetence of pRick Parry, it would have to be allowing a manager you've pretty much already decided to sack to bring in your club's most expensive player to date and leave your new manager short on funds.

Good point.

Offline ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3031 on: February 2, 2012, 03:54:29 pm »
Good point.

Rafa never liked him/wanted him

• arsed bead lover
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3032 on: February 2, 2012, 03:57:14 pm »
Rafa never liked him/wanted him

True, although I forgot to acknowledge the horrific injury he suffered away to Blackburn, the kind of injury which can completely inhibit a player for the rest of the season.

A combination of that, and Rafa not being the manager who signed him  wouldn't have  helped his development either.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2012, 04:34:26 pm by danny boy the red »

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #3033 on: February 2, 2012, 04:20:06 pm »
True, although I forgot to acknowledge the horrific injury he suffered away to Blackburn, the kind of injury which can completely inhibit a player for the rest of the season.

A combination of that, and Rafa not being the manager who signing wouldn't  helped his  development either.

Apart from his charisma, like Balotelli with none of the idiocy, it was the way he came back from his injury that really won me over. I remember being genuinely over the moon when he came back to make the bench in the Champions League final. Was even more made up that he came on and contributed.

He scored some good goals, wasn't one the famous 'long pass' goal when he took a 70 yarder from Xabi down and slotted it?
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline djphal

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3034 on: February 2, 2012, 04:32:37 pm »

He scored some good goals, wasn't one the famous 'long pass' goal when he took a 70 yarder from Xabi down and slotted it?

The one that bounced off him?

Never forget the game against chelsea in the fa cup semi at old trafford when he came on and just stood there, rafa was going mental at him to chase them down and he did fuck all, no wonder he didnt like him

saying that I dont dislike him, just dont think he was that good

Offline Snej

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3035 on: February 2, 2012, 05:26:13 pm »
It is indeed good to see him back, comes across very well here as well;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16848086

Seems like a nice bloke

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3036 on: February 2, 2012, 05:48:12 pm »
Think it's a Rolex.
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3037 on: February 2, 2012, 05:59:25 pm »
Well spoken there. Bit of a charactor to say the least and while he may nevr have reached the heights we expected from him he had a few excuses including two broken legs and Rafa who did not see eye to eye with his way of play. Thought we could have eeked out a few more games from him on the wing as he might have been a solid option in a three headed striker attack plus decent cover for the front running slot. Anyway wish him well and wonder if he still owns that manor in Liverpool?
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3038 on: February 2, 2012, 06:04:20 pm »
Well spoken there. Bit of a charactor to say the least and while he may nevr have reached the heights we expected from him he had a few excuses including two broken legs and Rafa who did not see eye to eye with his way of play. Thought we could have eeked out a few more games from him on the wing as he might have been a solid option in a three headed striker attack plus decent cover for the front running slot. Anyway wish him well and wonder if he still owns that manor in Liverpool?

Yes his wife & kids have been living there since he left Liverpool

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #3039 on: February 2, 2012, 09:41:26 pm »
Frodsham aint it?