Author Topic: New Oasis album confirmed for the end of May.  (Read 14950 times)

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
New Oasis album confirmed for the end of May.
« on: March 7, 2005, 06:10:30 pm »
"On May 16th 2005 Oasis return with a brand new single entitled 'Lyla'. The track is taken from the band's hugely anticipated new album entitled 'Don't Believe The Truth', which follows two weeks later on May 30th on Big Brother Recordings.

Noel Gallagher believes that 'Lyla' is a true Oasis classic. "It's The Who. 'Lyla' was specifically designed for pogoing. We wrote 66 tracks and 'Lyla' was one that we revisited late on and it's ended up on the album. I'm happy with every track on the album."

'Don't Believe The Truth' is the sixth Oasis studio album - their first since the number one multi-million selling 'Heathen Chemistry', released in 2002.

Crowning what will be an extraordinary 2005, Oasis will embark on an extensive world tour that includes nine huge shows in the UK - including seven stadium gigs. Tickets for these dates sold out in record time, even challenging the speed with which they sold out their legendary Knebworth shows of 1996. Oasis have just added shows in Newcastle and Ireland in the face of phenomenal demand. Further UK and European dates to be announced soon.

Furthermore, Oasis will return to North America for the first time since 2002, playing their biggest US shows to date. Their show at the legendary 14,000 capacity Madison Square Gardens in New York on 22nd June sold out in an hour. Check out the tour page for all the dates!

Make sure you keep checking back to oasisinet over the next couple of weeks for more exciting announcements!!!!! "

---

Getting there!  ;D Phonics and Coldplay's new stuff sounds class aswell!

Offline Bo Bo

• Kemlynite
  • I fookin hate this bag'o shite crest
Re: New Oasis album confirmed for the end of May.
« Reply #1 on: March 7, 2005, 06:11:54 pm »
did'nt think anyone cared about that 4th rate manc band.....

Offline AdamS

• Hey I'm Not Camp! But I am a tart...
  • Legacy Fan
    • BollockyBoo
« Reply #2 on: March 7, 2005, 06:13:55 pm »
Can't wait. Despite the jealousy of the envious, still the best band around by a mile!
If A is a success in life, than A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.

Offline Litherland_Leon

• OOT Feedback Tourist #1
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 7, 2005, 06:13:58 pm »
is right. can't wait.

Offline J££RARD

• Thai me up, Thai me down.
  • Legacy Fan
  • be nice or F.O.
« Reply #4 on: March 7, 2005, 06:14:19 pm »
i quite liek the old name "The Ear HAs No Memory", :)
My dad is going to complain again if he know they are launching new album. I used to make him listen to Oasis for more than 6 years whenever we stuck in the same car ... I rule the car audio :)
my twitter rant: @jeerard

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 7, 2005, 06:15:53 pm »
I much prefer the name Don't Believe the Truth to The Ear Has No Memory. Having said that, they could call it David Moyes is the dogs bollocks and I'd still buy it!

Offline America's Sweetheart

• I love you all dearly. Artichoke Festival Queen; the poster formerly known as Low.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boypants.
« Reply #6 on: March 7, 2005, 06:22:23 pm »
And that tracklisting in full:

Lyla
Ey Jude
She Bags The Dums
Mam We All Crazy No?
XTMNT
Ps. I Did It Again!
Ray
Start E U
Magic Pi
Little Jam
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Shamelessly stolen from a poster on another site

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7 on: March 7, 2005, 06:43:27 pm »
Is right. Can't wait!
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline LFCJim

• Kopite
  • He's Scouse, He's Sound...
« Reply #8 on: March 7, 2005, 06:49:14 pm »
Can't wait either!

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: March 7, 2005, 06:52:17 pm »
OASIS rule . . . . . MAD-4-IT.   ;D

Offline AdamS

• Legacy Fan
    • BollockyBoo
« Reply #10 on: March 7, 2005, 07:03:47 pm »
And that tracklisting in full:

Lyla
Ey Jude
She Bags The Dums
Mam We All Crazy No?
XTMNT
Ps. I Did It Again!
Ray
Start E U
Magic Pi
Little Jam
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Shamelessly stolen from a poster on another site

Didn't expect you to like them for some reason.

Better than all that shite you post on here though!
If A is a success in life, than A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.

Offline ricflairandy

• moany grumbling in my day the club gave you gold coins grump of a moaning bastard honestly national service for Suarez and another thing...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Whoooooooooooooo!
« Reply #11 on: March 7, 2005, 07:04:32 pm »
Oasis are shit these days,.
http://www.musclefood.com/AH6059
4 chicken breasts free!

Offline LES

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12 on: March 7, 2005, 07:13:39 pm »
Can't wait, got tickets to go and see them at Hampden as well, saw them in Loch Lomond years ago and they were shit hot.

Offline Circa1892

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: March 7, 2005, 07:48:58 pm »
I'm off to see them in Manchester, can't wait!!!

Apparently Kasabian and Ian Brown are supporting, not over the moon with it but they're both decent enough.

Offline Withnail

• Failed anorexic.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: March 7, 2005, 08:08:12 pm »
they should have quit while they were ahead. all the music they make now is overproduced, the verve did the same thing. tracks sound too 'crowded', sometimes simple is best.

Offline Kinch

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #15 on: March 7, 2005, 08:11:56 pm »
i quite liek the old name "The Ear HAs No Memory", :)
My dad is going to complain again if he know they are launching new album. I used to make him listen to Oasis for more than 6 years whenever we stuck in the same car ... I rule the car audio :)

Are you making out with Mao Tse Tung in your avatar?
"Since the beginning of the world you have fought against our gentle power with your coarse weakness; and when you triumph over us for an hour, you croak and clamour merrily like the frogs of the water. And when we conquer you and subdue you for an age, we remain as silent giants."

Offline AdamS

• Legacy Fan
    • BollockyBoo
« Reply #16 on: March 7, 2005, 08:14:27 pm »
I think all this bollocks about Oasis going shit is just a tabloid fuelled myth!

Listen to any of their albums now and they all rock, even the one Noel labelled shite!

Offline Litherland_Leon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: March 7, 2005, 08:18:18 pm »
oasis are still the best band around by miles. 

Offline Tarpaulin

• Polish Ambassador to Liverpool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: March 7, 2005, 08:30:27 pm »
Fuckin great news isnt it?

Get in there.

• I love you all dearly. Artichoke Festival Queen; the poster formerly known as Low.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boypants.
« Reply #19 on: March 7, 2005, 08:49:24 pm »

*points and laffs*

*runs away and blames it on a big boy*

Offline Drobs

• dnegeL
  • Legacy Fan
  • Someday, everything is gonna be different...
« Reply #20 on: March 7, 2005, 08:52:57 pm »

*points and laffs*

*runs away and blames it on a big boy*

I loved early Oasis but im gonna have to agree with the trailer gal, theyve produced the odd good song but havent been anywhere near that kind of tag since about 95'.
**After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music **

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: March 7, 2005, 08:56:39 pm »

Right on brother, anybody got a problem with that can fuck right off.   

Offline Withnail

• Failed anorexic.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: March 7, 2005, 08:57:43 pm »
i consider myself fucked right off then.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: March 7, 2005, 08:58:44 pm »
i consider myself fucked right off then.

Nothing personal like.  lol

Offline AdamS

• Legacy Fan
    • BollockyBoo
« Reply #24 on: March 7, 2005, 09:01:37 pm »
If Oasis aren't, who are the best band around?

Probably someone I've never heard I suspect!

• Legacy Fan
  • Boypants.
« Reply #25 on: March 7, 2005, 09:02:33 pm »

Are you sure? What about .... U2?

Or are they just the coolest band?

I know music - like much in life - is a only a matter of personal taste. But Jayzus Kreesto, some of youse need to get some. Knowworimean?

Offline Drobs

• dnegeL
  • Legacy Fan
  • Someday, everything is gonna be different...
« Reply #26 on: March 7, 2005, 09:04:55 pm »
If Oasis aren't, who are the best band around?

Probably someone I've never heard I suspect!

Believe me i have a massive soft spot for them but i dont think theyre the best band around. Biggest band around possibly (god knows the nation goes mad over them still) but i dont think theyve knocked out enough quality music of late to take that kind of title. But then as you say, who else has or is? Lots of good new bands coming through now though, personally i dont give a flying fook about "best band" kinda things, whatever grabs me by my scrote and makes me sit up is all my ears are waiting for! :thumbup
**After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music **

Offline Litherland_Leon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: March 7, 2005, 09:07:20 pm »
i'll tell you what slate Oasis as much as you like but there is no other band creates an atmosphere like them when you go to to see them live, maybe U2 or RHCP.

FFS class songs (and they are class songs) like the masterplan, rockin' chair and sad song don't even get on their albums thats how good they are.  Boneheads Bankholiday is one of the best songs i have ever heard and it's not even a B-side.

each to their own though hey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: March 7, 2005, 09:07:38 pm »
Are you sure? What about .... U2?

Or are they just the coolest band?

I know music - like much in life - is a only a matter of personal taste. But Jayzus Kreesto, some of youse need to get some. Knowworimean?

Top 3 for me would be OASIS, U2, Coldplay . . . . . but what would i know ?

Offline Red Squiggle

• Legacy Fan
  • Raaaaaaaafaaaaaaa in Iiiiiiiiistanbuuuuuuuuul
    • Venus in Faux Official Webpage
« Reply #29 on: March 7, 2005, 09:11:56 pm »
Can't wait. Despite the jealousy of the envious, still the best band around by a mile!

rubbish, havent successfully evolved enough to be the best band around. when they tried something different on SOTSOG it sounded great, but Go let It out was just The Beta Band ripped off, and Little James was an absolute war crime.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: March 7, 2005, 09:15:49 pm »
Try going to one of their gigs man it's class, seen them at Wembley and Newcastle Arena.  Come home from the Newcastle gig with me t-shirt ripped to shreads and one fuckin trainer.   ;D

• Legacy Fan
  • Boypants.
« Reply #31 on: March 7, 2005, 09:32:33 pm »
i'll tell you what slate Oasis as much as you like but there is no other band creates an atmosphere like them when you go to to see them live, maybe U2 or RHCP.

I'll tell you what. I saw Oasis live at their very peak when I was but a shy lil English Rose. And they were absolutely destroyed by the Prodigy. Who were, for a while, absolutely THEE best live act around.

I don't really care too much about who's the BEST or the BIGGEST band, because basically it's all bollocks. I'd rather watch a small band play in an intimate environment. And many of the people I listen to are solo performers rather than bands as such. But since someone asked, I'd say that my favourite bands today are Cracker, Drive-By Truckers, Massive Attack, Motorhead, Courtney Love And The Chelsea, Rilo Kiley ...

The best band in the world today though is prolly High On Fire. You just haven't heard them yet.

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
« Reply #32 on: March 7, 2005, 09:34:39 pm »
Oh great, just what I need. Another cd full of songs that sounded just like the last lot. Ill camp outside the shop for it. ;D

Oasis my arse!
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #33 on: March 7, 2005, 09:39:59 pm »
Oasis lost it years ago; by the time they released Be Here Now they were already pastiche of themselves. First album was great though. I saw them at Glastonbury last year, and the old stuff sounded good but the performance lacked passion.

They should call the new album 'Going Through The Motions' because Noel has been showering us with his own version of colonic irrigation since 1997.

Offline Kinch

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #34 on: March 7, 2005, 09:40:49 pm »
The best band in the world today though is prolly High On Fire. You just haven't heard them yet.

They should really add high-five smileys for moments like this.
"Since the beginning of the world you have fought against our gentle power with your coarse weakness; and when you triumph over us for an hour, you croak and clamour merrily like the frogs of the water. And when we conquer you and subdue you for an age, we remain as silent giants."

Offline Pooch

• Not a fan of Michael Winner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont keep calling me Shirley!
« Reply #35 on: March 7, 2005, 09:43:38 pm »
I'll tell you what. I saw Oasis live at their very peak when I was but a shy lil English Rose. And they were absolutely destroyed by the Prodigy. Who were, for a while, absolutely THEE best live act around.

I don't really care too much about who's the BEST or the BIGGEST band, because basically it's all bollocks. I'd rather watch a small band play in an intimate environment. And many of the people I listen to are solo performers rather than bands as such. But since someone asked, I'd say that my favourite bands today are Cracker, Drive-By Truckers, Massive Attack, Motorhead, Courtney Love And The Chelsea, Rilo Kiley ...

I love the prodigy. Massive Attack- Unfinished Symphony is one of my fave all time sounds.

Every single beat is red !

Offline ricflairandy

• moany grumbling in my day the club gave you gold coins grump of a moaning bastard honestly national service for Suarez and another thing...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Whoooooooooooooo!
« Reply #36 on: March 7, 2005, 09:51:19 pm »
Oasis lost it years ago; by the time they released Be Here Now they were already pastiche of themselves. First album was great though. I saw them at Glastonbury last year, and the old stuff sounded good but the performance lacked passion.

They should call the new album 'Going Through The Motions' because Noel has been showering us with his own version of colonic irrigation since 1997.

Totally agree. Same goes for alot of the bands/people who where on top of there game around the same time as oasis. Been surpassed by so many now because of there lazeyness or arrogance imo.
4 chicken breasts free!

Offline ricflairandy

• Legacy Fan
  • Whoooooooooooooo!
« Reply #37 on: March 7, 2005, 09:52:24 pm »
Personally i think U2 are still the best band around both album wise and live .
4 chicken breasts free!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: March 7, 2005, 09:54:44 pm »
They should really add high-five smileys for moments like this.

Ha ha ha, love ya comments . . . . . just as funny as ya avatar.   lol

Offline Kinch

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #39 on: March 7, 2005, 09:55:35 pm »
 ;D