Author Topic: Watford 0 Liverpool 1 - all post-match comments here  (Read 10523 times)

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You're ferpectly right.
Re: Watford 0 Liverpool 1 - all post-match comments here
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2005, 09:59:53 pm »
They're saying on .tv it looks like a "serious ankle injury" for Sinama  :'(
A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2005, 10:00:54 pm »
Hmm, I'm impressed.  We played and fought well, impressed with Mori and Pelle-Match fitness improved, what assets they can be.  Erm...Pongo looks out for the season now, which is a shame.  Also, my MOTM would go to Mori.  He worked hard, tackled back, and was chasing SG's shot into the net.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2005, 10:01:19 pm »
Got irritated soon after the goal when Kamara said something like "You have to wonder where Liverpool would be without Gerrard".

Well, with been without him for 2 out of 5 months this season. And what about were would we be with Alonso, Cisse, Kirkland, Kewell, etc etc?!

I thought exactly that...

Milan did okay, in an unfamilar role. It's all very well running into space on the right, tougher starting there and being marked. But he worked hard.

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2005, 10:01:28 pm »
Good solid performance. Finnan and Riise stood out for me, and Nando looked bright in the second half.
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2005, 10:02:01 pm »
They're saying on .tv it looks like a "serious ankle injury" for Sinama  :'(

They're wrong.

Flo told the medical staff that he felt something go in the back of his knee.

Offline Realdidi

• Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2005, 10:02:11 pm »
Baros was played out of position so he aint guna sparkle is he, otherwise I thought they all played well, much better then agaisnt Saints anyways
I love Liverpool like a fat kid love Cake

http://twitter.com/#/AlfaEllis

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2005, 10:02:40 pm »
It pongolles knee, back of it anyway has pulled, could be cartlidge.

On a brighter note its nice to see us roll our sleeves up and put in a great performance of grit and determination.

Nice to see Finnan back, 100% improved on last year i must say. And Morientes, a forward who works for the team he was excellent.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2005, 10:04:01 pm »

They're wrong.

Flo told the medical staff that he felt something go in the back of his knee.

Shit. What ligament would that be?

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2005, 10:04:10 pm »
phew.............. maybe now the TV and radio screamers will now go back into hibernation :evil ;D

Offline HIRA

• Legacy Fan
    • Liverpool Appreciation
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2005, 10:04:33 pm »
It does look now like we will be without Cisse and Pongolle for another six to seven months.

Yeah, Baros worked hard, as always. He gave Watford something to worry about, although he could not penetrate because he was well marshalled.
Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back; a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country.
- Anais Nin

http://theliverbird.blogspot.com/

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2005, 10:05:09 pm »
It pongolles knee, back of it anyway has pulled, could be cartlidge.

Dunno mate, when my cartilege got scrunched to shite, it was definitely under the kneecap.

Offline Millsee

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2005, 10:06:28 pm »
Galley was massaging the back of his calf and the back of his knee. Sounds like a twanger (hamstring for the non-medically qualified)

Offline Sam_Nyrie

• Main Stander
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2005, 10:07:16 pm »
A much-needed good solid performance ... should help the confidence along a bit.

Shame about the injury to FSP, let's hope it's not too serious.

Thought Biscan & Pellegrino played much better tonight, while Morientes begins to look like a player who can make things happen in the box - loved the way he was winning headers!

Didn't think too much of Baros though ... I felt he was poor, no, frustrating tonight. I do wish he'd play with his head up a bit more so that he can see other opportunities.

But, all in all, a good professional job tonight particularly given the media flak this week.

Final point ... thought the fans were absolutely tremendous what a great way to lift the team   :D  :D  :D
I said to my mate in the pub, "your round" ..... He said, "so are you, ya fat git!"

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2005, 10:08:30 pm »
Classy goal from Stevie G, nice one.
Morientes improving, needs some crosses into the box though.
Baros has already been mentioned, looked out of place on the wing but did a job.
Back four were excellent I thought
Didi/Igor solid for most of the game if not flashy

Gutted for Pongolle, you could see he went straight to the ground when he tried to tip the ball away. Worst thing was that he was racing back from high up the field to win the ball back too and gets injured for his troubles.

Still, not a superb performance but solid and we weren't in much danger for the 90mins and fought well. ANOTHER final at Cardiff  :D

And a final in Rafa's first year too!
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline LFC_4EVA

• Anny Roader
  • Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria.....
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2005, 10:09:42 pm »
 ;D Come on you reds!!!!!!!!!

Offline gerrardlad

• Kemlynite
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2005, 10:09:48 pm »
am i missing something??????

i saw a team that struggled to beat a division 1 side and got lucky with a goal.

i cant believe you are all so positive. if that had been any premiership club im afraid we would have drawn or lost!

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2005, 10:10:36 pm »
Very professional performance. We controlled the game well and kept their crowd very subdued - the key to away success?

Mori is showing what a player we have got - great little dummy run to make the space for Gerrard to shoot, aswell.

Agree with the Baros comments. At least he didn't fein injury to not play there  ;)

Crap about Pongy, though. The way they didn't move his leg means there is something pretty badly wrong. Maybe Rafa can work on a loan move this week - we are back to two first choice strikers and Mellor as back up. That won't be enough until the end of the season

Internet terrorist

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2005, 10:12:21 pm »

i saw a team that struggled to beat a division 1 side and got lucky with a goal.

i cant believe you are all so positive. if that had been any premiership club im afraid we would have drawn or lost!

Try watching with yer eyes next time then.  :wave

Offline HIRA

• Legacy Fan
    • Liverpool Appreciation
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2005, 10:12:24 pm »
Gerrardlad, you are perfectly right, however we do deserve a right to enjoy a victory that gets us through to a final.

It was an average, okay performance, and we only created two or three chances, but let's enjoy the victory. As I said, although we performed averagely, Biscan, Hamann and Gerrard would always be difficult for a Championship side to make inroads from the midfield.
Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back; a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country.
- Anais Nin

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2005, 10:13:11 pm »

WWWWWHHHAAAAAATTTTTT?!

:no
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline janmolbyslovechild

• Anny Roader
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2005, 10:14:05 pm »

think you might be missing something. we were in the comfort zone for the whole game. we beat what was in front of us and no more. am sure if it were needed we'd have stepped up a gear, we just didn't need too.
Great days have gone, more will come!!!

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2005, 10:14:07 pm »
Overall we achieved the bear minimum to reach the final....and in cup football its not much point playing brilliant and getting knocked out!.....though I have to say Im not exactly bouncing off the walls........hmmmmm let me think though .......all the Blues in work tomorrow having to listen to our plans for getting down to Cardiff.....AGAIN!!!!........Whooopppppeeeeee!!!!!!

btw impressed by Watford ..gave it their best shot and their manager took defeat with dignity at the end on TV... talking about football rather than making excuses or blaming the ref....credit to him for that

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2005, 10:14:26 pm »
Gerrardlad, you are perfectly right, however we do deserve a right to enjoy a victory that gets us through to a final.

It was an average, okay performance, and we only created two or three chances, but let's enjoy the victory. As I said, although we performed averagely, Biscan, Hamann and Gerrard would always be difficult for a Championship side to make inroads from the midfield.

We looked more assured on the ball than we have since the Chelsea game. I thought that was exactly what we needed and we did. No fear at all in defence, passed it better, didn't NEED to create chances, there was only ever going to be one winner.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2005, 10:15:04 pm »
We didn't lose. We won and we're going to Cardiff. Let's see the positives for once, shall we?

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline HIRA

• Legacy Fan
    • Liverpool Appreciation
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2005, 10:15:59 pm »
We looked more assured on the ball than we have since the Chelsea game. I thought that was exactly what we needed and we did. No fear at all in defence, passed it better, didn't NEED to create chances, there was only ever going to be one winner.

Yeah. As I said, we controlled the game, and were okay. We were nothing spectacular but we did the job.
- Anais Nin

Offline gerrardlad

• Kemlynite
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2005, 10:16:17 pm »
Try watching with yer eyes next time then.  :wave

im not here to start an argument with a fellow fan of the club we love.

i watch liverpool week in week out with avid interest. my comment is true and if you cant see that we arent playing like a club who should be fighting for a top 3 spot then you are fooling yourself. i shall say nothing more on the matter. this board is for everyone to have their own opinions and it doesnt mean i am any less of a liverpool fan than any other liverpool fan. i love the club and constantly strive in hope that we will soon be playing like the liverpool of old.

ynwa

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2005, 10:18:15 pm »
im not here to start an argument with a fellow fan of the club we love.

i watch liverpool week in week out with avid interest. my comment is true and if you cant see that we arent playing like a club who should be fighting for a top 3 spot then you are fooling yourself. i shall say nothing more on the matter. this board is for everyone to have their own opinions and it doesnt mean i am any less of a liverpool fan than any other liverpool fan. i love the club and constantly strive in hope that we will soon be playing like the liverpool of old.

ynwa

Look mate, I'm not trying to have a pop in the slightest and we don't need to establish who's the best fan, but you were watching a different game from me is all. We needed a quietly confident performance and we got it. YNWA.

Apologies if I pissed you off. Not my intention at all. I just have a slightly different interpretation. Sorry again.

p.s.  I've sent you a personal message ...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 10:24:32 pm by zigackly »

Offline Zenithez

• Anny Roader
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2005, 10:21:41 pm »

Congratulations To Rafa & his staff 1st to Cardiff  ;D  Congratulations Steven & the squad for leading us back to Cardiff!

Very proud!

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2005, 10:21:55 pm »
I can see where gerrardlad is coming from but lets just enjoy the fact that we have got into a final  :)
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Andy.

• Kopite
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2005, 10:23:31 pm »
Solid, professional performance.
Nice to see Finnan back; he's been missed.
Moro will be a fucking star once he properly settles down. The early signs are exciting.
Baros done well on the wing.
Crackin' goal by Gerrard.
Defence and 'keeper still don't fill me with confidence, although we were rarely threatened.

Just annoyed to see yet another important player lying on the pitch in pain. At this rate, we won't have 11 players fit for the final...

Offline lurgankop

• Boys Pen
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2005, 10:26:12 pm »
nando was looking good just needs a goal now
For me, El moro is already a star. Having watched him in France we have nothing to worry about. It will take him some time (5 - 10 games) to adapdt but he is a smart so and so (as Rafa likes) and he will come good. His timing in the air is immaluate. Just watch in the previous games how close he has been to all those crosses.

just remember, non believers, class is permanent!!!
 8)

Offline philmcevatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2005, 10:28:19 pm »
It seems to be only me, so maybe i am wrong, but i thought the passing tonight was in main woeful. I remember remarking on a 25 yard pass by Garcia to gerrard to set us off on a break and actually being stunned that a pass over 10 yards found its man. Though Biscan was poor again. We dont need him to mop up at the back like Hamann so we need more from him going forward. But yet again, all his quirky attrributes that make people laugh and like him didnt hide the fact that the guy is a poor footballer.

As for pellegrino, i thought he had yet another poor game. Looked better with a right footed partner in Carra, but satill looked out of position and what the hell is up with his clearances. More than once he skyed it and put us in trouble.

Gerrard is clearly not fit and i would have probably made the potter switch sooner after he scored, but what a goal again. I love the little run by Nando taking out the defender to allow Stevie to wrong foot Jones and slot it in the far corner.

It was almost a shame it was him and not someone like Nando or Baros who scored. Cos it's going to be the same old headlines over and over. Gerrard MOM and saves Liverpool. He was far short of MOM (Carra imho) but the papers dont care as long as they can bill us as a one man team.

Anyway, off to have a smoke and chill out. Cardiff here we come. Tell me mar me mar
Not only do i think pot should be legalized, it should be mandatory.......... That'd  be a nice world, wouldnt it? Mellow, hungry, quiet f*cked up people everywhere

Life is Just a ride.......

Offline Red Lozza

• Legacy Fan
  • Miracle worker
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2005, 10:29:16 pm »
Morientes looked class in the second half, the way he linked the play and got in good positions, plus he looked strong in the air.

Morientes is just the type of striker Rafa likes to have playing up front in his favoured 4-5-1 formation - only El Moro is better than the strikers Rafa had at Valencia. We caught a glimpse of the future tonight.  :D

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2005, 10:31:26 pm »
I remember remarking on a 25 yard pass by Garcia to gerrard

I am a bit confused here. Garcia only came on for a few minutes?

I thought the passing was about 800% better than against the Saints, but it takes all sorts. Maybe it's me who's got the wrong idea ;)

Offline Steven Gerrard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2005, 10:32:28 pm »
Yeah, Baros was poor today. I thought he was very well marshalled by Watford.
give him a break he was asked to do a job on the wing and he id it his tackling back was great! job done at the end of the dayi hope we get chelseas in the final and beat them to get our revenge and rafa to beat jose
They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time

Offline singaporered

• Kopite
  • Anyone that plays for me should be a bad loser
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2005, 10:33:07 pm »
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
I missed the fucking game  :'( :'( :'(
Couldn't wake up in fucking time
Chuffed about going to Cardiff though. If I can afford to come I will, but chances are I won't.
Was the goal any good??????
WTF is this about Milan playing on the wing? Did he switch back to Up-front?
What man believes, man can achieve

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2005, 10:34:16 pm »
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
I missed the fucking game :'( :'( :'(
Couldn't wake up in fucking time
Chuffed about going to Cardiff though. If I can afford to come I will, but chances are I won't.
Was the goal any good??????
WTF is this about Milan playing on the wing? Did he switch back to Up-front?

Goal was superb. Sliced through the defence, fooled the keeper and put it on a sixpence into the corner Jones wasn't looking at ...

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2005, 10:35:22 pm »
Agreed with Paul on Stevie, didnt think he done much in the whole game, wasted a few corners (not getting it past the first defender again!) and wasted that 1st half chance but he did win us the match good finish etc

No1 really stood out, but no1 really looked completely shite either so it was a good team performance in the circumstances, tho the game just plodded along a bit.

Win was the most important thing, now we've a week to regroup before the next match

Hope Pongo's ok
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline HIRA

• Legacy Fan
    • Liverpool Appreciation
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2005, 10:35:45 pm »
As I will repeat again, Baros worked hard, but made no inroads on the Watford defence because they did a good job of marking him. He was good in the intensity of his running and work-rate, however he was poor offensively although he did give them something to worry about.

- Anais Nin

Offline gates of shanks

• Anny Roader
  • Barrow Boys we are here
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2005, 10:35:48 pm »
the goal was very well taken and if we can pick up on a few minor things we can go a lot futher!
When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark
At the end of a storm
There's a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark
Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
Walk on.....