Author Topic: El Hadji Diouf  (Read 216070 times)

Offline liva4eva

• Main Stander
  • Better than all the rest
Re:Diouf 'incident'
« Reply #200 on: November 3, 2002, 12:24:24 am »
i dont think he spat at them intentionally,more than likely in  the general direction and was not noticing the thugs and anyway the game was already won, they were pathetic,  they are trying to divert the attention so nobody will notice how shite they were.  did not see the incident as i was also in kop end
« Last Edit: November 3, 2002, 12:25:29 am by liva4eva »
The King is back, long live the king

Offline Roger

• The Derek Acorah of RAWK & Welsh News Correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: November 3, 2002, 12:26:52 am »
i dont think he spat at them intentionally,more than likely in  the general direction and was not noticing the thugs and anyway the game was already won, they were pathetic,  they are trying to divert the attention so nobody will notice how shite they were.  did not see the incident as i was also in kop end

Nice one!

Saw nothing but constructed an excellent defence. Can I introduce you to KOTP?

I've got me coat and have left.

:P

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #202 on: November 3, 2002, 10:31:10 am »
Exactly what happened was as follows:

Diouf was warming up at the annie road end of the Main. He was having a bt of banter with reds at that end of the paddock, turned and threw his wooly hat into the Liverpool fans.

West ham fans were giving him loads as he ran toward them laughing, he then spat on the deck. West Ham tits then went off their trollies, "attempting to get at him", if you know what I mean. No bizzies or stewards had seen anything, but West Hm fans were going completely wild- a couple were nicked. Eventually a top flat cap came down and you could the West Ham fan gesturing to him that Diouf had spat over the hoardings, into the end and had hit a kid with his spit. Must have been Lee Harvey Oswald kinda spit!

Anyhow the upshot was that he did fuck all, & typicl of footy fans, who have obviously never seen anyone spit, they over-reacted and tried to get him nicked!
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #203 on: November 3, 2002, 10:38:09 am »
So any1 think we should run a spread bet on how many his spit hit yesterday as I am sure the tabloids will find a fair few like with carra last season ::)
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline Main Stand Man

• Boys Pen
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #204 on: November 3, 2002, 10:35:37 pm »
Did anyone else see Cheyrou trying to push Diouf onto the pitch? :D

I was in the Main Stand so I saw most of what hapened. 4 people were nicked - one who was female!

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: November 3, 2002, 10:37:15 pm »
think youll find the female wasnt nicked but was just leaving with her boyfriend (partner woteva) who was nicked.

Offline Roger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: November 3, 2002, 10:40:51 pm »
think youll find the female wasnt nicked but was just leaving with her boyfriend (partner woteva) who was nicked.

Lightweight bint. I'd have stayed to cheer the team on and met up with boyfriend at the Police Post later.

;D

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: November 3, 2002, 10:43:28 pm »

I'd have stayed to cheer the team on and met up with boyfriend at the Police Post later.

;D

roger comes out the closet.....  ;D

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: November 3, 2002, 10:44:39 pm »
lol nice one laddo!!!

;D

Offline Roger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: November 3, 2002, 10:47:42 pm »

I'd have stayed to cheer the team on and met up with boyfriend at the Police Post later.

;D

roger comes out the closet.....  ;D

raotflmao

;D

Offline Olly

• Sees greatness from his sofa
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: November 4, 2002, 09:21:14 am »
I was chatting to a West Ham fan on the way back on Saturday (surprisingly enough he was a nice enough bloke!). He was full of praise for anfield, our fans, stewards etc, and then conversation got round to what happened in the West ham end. Being sat in the Kop, I had no idea what was going on.

He said that Diouf had come up to the fans, spat at them and it had landed a couple of feet away from the front row. Apparently it shocked our stewards, almost started a riot in the away end, and Bruno had to push Diouf away, and move him back to the dug out. The police were also taking statements.

According to this guy, in his words, he wanted "Diouf to be shot in the head". I told him that maybe this was a bit extreme, and could it have been that Diouf was simply spitting on the floor. "Ah, could have been I suppose" was the reply.

Dear me! ;)
If you keep one eye on the past, you are blind in one eye. Yet if you forget the past, you are blind in both.

Offline Roger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: November 4, 2002, 09:36:43 am »
Diouf appears to have put himself in a position where people are able to accuse him of doing wot he did. I doubt if it will happen again. A bit of a learning curve I feel.

The club are now in a difficult position as well. Cheyrou will tell Ged if anything did go on but the club have backed him to the hilt already.

All very pathetic.

:no

Offline Olly

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: November 4, 2002, 09:44:49 am »
Pathetic indeed. If Houllier feels the need to discipline him, it will no doubt be done in-house, and this should be the last we hear of it.

On another note, did anyone see the nutter in the Kop. He was sat on the far right hand side, about row 40, wearing nothing but a pair of shorts! For the whole 90 minutes he kept standing up shouting out tactical advice at the top of his voice - "Press him Smicer, now move to inside left, diagonal run, STOP, now sidestep right!"

Provided much entertainment. Anyone know who this guy is?
If you keep one eye on the past, you are blind in one eye. Yet if you forget the past, you are blind in both.

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #213 on: November 4, 2002, 12:46:45 pm »
A couple of stewards post on YNWA site, and have said to their knowledge nothing went on in regards to spitting at or towards the fans.

Maybe he spat onto the ground, but when does that become a case for opposing fans to kick off.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #214 on: November 4, 2002, 01:34:12 pm »
I doubt anyone had a better spec than me of the incident sitting in the front row of the upper annie near that corner of the ground. Saw exactly what happened & the complete over-reaction of the West Ham fans, as I explained further up the thread!
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Stevo

• Not unique in his worship of Erik Meijer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: November 4, 2002, 02:15:30 pm »
Someone on 606 or 505 or whatever rang in and said he spat from 6 metres into the crowd. Now, if that is true Diouf ought to quit football and enter the world spitting championships because six metres is a long way! Unless he had chewing gum or it was a big greeny i find it hard to believe he quit launch it six metres.

Stevo - spitting expert

Offline Andy M

• Kopite
  • I used to be Maudster
« Reply #216 on: November 4, 2002, 02:15:32 pm »
Maybe they should re-name us from The Reds to the Assasins
Makes you wonder what Ged is doing in training with the special skills they are learning

Jamie Carragher
Lethal With a coin can take out 19 people without even looking properly.

Elhadji Diouf
Can hit a bullseye from 30 yards with varrying degrees of Flemmy spital.

wonder who is going to be next?
Libpool,Libpool!

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #217 on: November 4, 2002, 05:57:10 pm »
ok i didn't see/haven't any of this
but you don't have to spit directly at somebody to get the point across.
sounds as if he was acting a bit wide.
he seems to have got away with it.
lucky!

don't think he'll do it again though.

Offline Chris.

• Official Panini Swapper
  • Legacy Fan
Re:Diouf, Diouf, Diouf is NOT on Fire!!!
« Reply #218 on: November 5, 2002, 08:20:41 pm »
 :P

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #219 on: November 5, 2002, 08:26:41 pm »
::) :P

Offline Adam

• Ballboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • A Liverbird Upon My Chest
« Reply #220 on: November 6, 2002, 11:53:36 am »
The reason I get frustrated by him is simply the amount of possession we lose due to his first touch. This is not a criticism you could level at Heskey, who is often the key to us keeping possession in the final third

You can't criticise Heskey's first touch !?? It's awful, it's what lets him down
She Loves You Yeh Yeh Yeh

Offline buckshee

• Sponsored by Apache Pizzas, Drumcondra
  • Kopite
  • I don't have a drink problem....honestly
« Reply #221 on: November 6, 2002, 07:04:32 pm »
And he falls over / dives far too much

Owen and Baros.....The dream team  ;)  ;)
"We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde

Offline Steve_M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: December 8, 2002, 08:14:08 pm »
Liverpool Football Club wish to clarify a statement made after the West Ham United home match on 2 November 2002.

An incident was alleged by West Ham fans during the match involving El Hadji Diouf which was categorically refuted and denied.

Despite this, we have conducted a thorough investigation into the matter, reviewing correspondence from both West Ham and Liverpool fans and liaising closely with Merseyside Police.

Merseyside Police have decided there was no evidence that an offence was committed, but have concluded that Mr Diouf did spit on the ground as he warmed up as a substitute.

As a result of discussions with Merseyside Police the club has now reviewed its procedures, particularly in relation to the location where substitute players are allowed to warm up.

On reflection, Liverpool FC appreciate that the tone of the original statement was not helpful to the good relations enjoyed between the club and West Ham fans and wish to apologise for any offence caused.  

Offline propaganda

• Kemlynite
  • Ultimate Kopite!!!!!!!
Diouf
« Reply #223 on: December 30, 2002, 11:25:55 am »
Has been getting an awful lot of stick, what do you make of him?
I like the look of him, may not get many goals, but they will come when he gets more starts!
Dare I say one of the positives of a so far disastrous season!!!!

Offline ttnbd

• Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
Re:Diouf
« Reply #224 on: December 30, 2002, 11:33:52 am »
He did well yesterday.  Held the ball up. took on the defenders and was much more of a threat than Owen in my opinion.  But then that may just have been because Owen wasn't feeling right what with his hamstring.  But I think he certainly made the difference for us yesterday.  Was always looking for the ball and his expression when we scored was certainly a picture book moment.  I think he may be another who wears his heart on his sleeve.

He never walked alone

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #225 on: December 30, 2002, 12:10:44 pm »
he arrived in a blaze of publicity due to the world cup and his price tag.
hence perhaps we expected too much.
i for one thought he wasn't good enough even to sign!!
however having watched him recently he has begun to win me over with his effort and work rate and his undoubted abaility.
it seems he has learnt much and whilst he needs to learn alot more i am encouraged.after all he is young and diving into the premiership is not easy.

Offline ttnbd

• Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #226 on: December 30, 2002, 12:16:16 pm »
diving into the premiership is not easy.

He could learn alot from Jug Ears about how to dive in the premiership ;D :P

He never walked alone

Offline Olly

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: December 30, 2002, 12:29:52 pm »
Dioufy is doing OK. He's got an annoying habit of running into corners too frequently, but his effort and will to win can't be faulted. He holds up the ball well, and had a great chance yesterday but fell over it.

Hmm, reading that back, it could almost be a school report!! ;D

Offline propaganda

• Kemlynite
  • Ultimate Kopite!!!!!!!
« Reply #228 on: December 30, 2002, 12:33:23 pm »
I've already mentioned this but, I think he should start ahead of Owen, he works harfder and i don't think a chance would do him any harm!!!

hoonin

« Reply #229 on: December 30, 2002, 12:49:53 pm »
We need to give him time, its way to early to make a judgement in him FFS!

As it stands as the moment though, Baros and Diouf as a partnership will struggle. Both of them have a tendency to hang on to the ball for too long, subsequently missing opportunities to bring others into the game.

Offline RedCanuck

• Kemlynite
« Reply #230 on: December 30, 2002, 06:35:43 pm »
I think Diouf can bring the width that we all think we need.  There have been tons of examples of him getting crosses in when it looked like he was completely boxed in - we just need to get the other forward and/or our midfield making runs that anticipate him getting the ball across, rather than trying to respond after the ball is sent over.  Hopefully he'll get a few games in now, with licence to run at their defence.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #231 on: December 30, 2002, 09:28:43 pm »
I thought he was especially excellent in the cup against Ipswich.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #232 on: December 30, 2002, 09:34:50 pm »
to be quite honest I'd stard Diouf and Baros Vs Newcastle.

Offline Frisian Reds

• Main Stander
  • Dutch Dynamite
« Reply #233 on: December 31, 2002, 12:24:05 am »
Diouf played a good game at Highbury. He looked much more agressive than Owen and showed us he has the skills to keep a few defenders busy. Owen did the same in the past, but at this stage Owen looks a bit lazy to me. He has to create more danger by moving much more up front. I believe a combination of Diouf and Baros(or when Heskey comes back even an combination Diouf-Heskey) will be more effective. And a role as substitute will hopefuly wake up Owen so he can show us the real Michael Owen as we want to see him, because Owen still IS a world class-player, but for some reason he just didn't show his qualities in the last months.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2002, 12:27:37 am by Frisian Reds »

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: December 31, 2002, 12:26:23 am »
Owen went off injured.

Might have a lot to do with it.

treble2001

« Reply #235 on: December 31, 2002, 12:29:20 am »
to be quite honest I'd stard Diouf and Baros Vs Newcastle.

Might the fact that they are our only two fit strikers have anything to do with that?  ::)  :)

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: December 31, 2002, 12:30:45 am »
What about diomede and biscan.

Offline Frisian Reds

• Main Stander
  • Dutch Dynamite
« Reply #237 on: December 31, 2002, 12:34:48 am »
Yeah, I know that, but I'm not speaking about the Arsenal match only. He didn't play very well in many of our latest matches. Everybody knows he can do much better as he is doing at the moment. That's why I believe it won't be wrong to show him he can be a substitute too.

Offline Tetti

• RAWK Agony Aunt. Has a thing for gay singers...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • When you walk....
« Reply #238 on: December 31, 2002, 12:37:26 am »
Any news on Owen's injury??
Never give up

Offline Wilbur

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: December 31, 2002, 12:49:55 am »
I would really like to see Diouf play more.  Even as a third striker/in the hole midfielder/on the wing.  Anywhere, really.  Last season when we finished up playing with Anelka, Emile and Mikey, I was ecstatic, and I would like to see it again.
Nineteen, we want nineteen.