Author Topic: Everton 1 Liverpool 0 - post-match comments, analysis, reports  (Read 12132 times)

Offline Sufian

• Main Stander
  • Behind Every Great Fortunes, There is a crime
    • Under Construction
Kirkland's error or fluke goal?
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2004, 02:52:49 pm »

Not to blast kirkland or anything.. did u think it was his error or it was a lucky goal by Carlsley? Discuss  :'(
Liverpool Football Club is the best thing that God ever gave me

Offline kopite (17)

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Everton 1 Liverpool 0 - post-match comments, analysis, reports
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2004, 02:53:05 pm »
alonso should of definately started instead of diao..dont rate diao one bit ,  why does he even pick diao for the squad??? !!!!!!

Offline KFC

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again.
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2004, 02:53:14 pm »
I think Kirkland needs a run on the sidelines  ::) he seems to be pretty shaky at the moment.

I understand that Rafa wants to rest Alonso (and Baros) for Portsmouth game, but why Biscan is not played instead of Diao, especially in the 2nd half where Diao has already got a yellow card?

However I never thought that we can win the game given the blue shite has got 4 more days to rest than us and the lads must be exhausted after the mid-week game.

Anyway we will bounce from this -- starting from Tuesday.

We won it 6 times

hoonin

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2004, 02:53:20 pm »
Not surprised Alonso didn't play, but he should have done. Diao won lots of tackles, but gave it away all the time after winning it.

Aye, agree with that entirely. Did the destructive part ok, but his passing was poor. Not good for any team away from home, giving the ball away.

Offline Life

• goes on.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2004, 02:53:40 pm »
Sami and Carra were possibly the only two to emerge with any great credit.

..and Kewell.  Fought hard today, some better movement alongside him and we'd have been in a few times from little tricks he did.
"Why should they be used in any other way? It wouldn'a be fair for one thing. Natural ability is far too precious tae be messed about wi'."

Offline Obi Wan Gomi

• Would like to see more moustaches in the dressing room
  • Legacy Fan
  • we'll win it six times
Re: Kirkland's error or fluke goal?
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2004, 02:54:09 pm »
Error. It was too close to him. It wasnt travelling too quickly. Think it has to go down as a "he should have defo done better" moment
77-78-81-84-05

Offline Rashid

• 99% of posts are bullshit, the other 1% get deleted. Unloved, unwashed, and untidy.
  • Main Stander
  • Resident Dog
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2004, 02:54:14 pm »
How many points behind the blue shite are we now? Rafa will have to learn fast that the Premier League has no hiding place, you cannot get away with rotating players in big games.

Offline Sufian

• Main Stander
    • Under Construction
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2004, 02:54:26 pm »

Delete this thread. there's already an existing thread. Sorry guys.

Offline Badge Kisser

• Main Stander
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2004, 02:54:29 pm »
Hamann is brought off and Everton score and have their best spell of the game.  Shades of Leverkusen.

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2004, 02:54:29 pm »
Didn't mind taking Didi off, but did mind take Pongolle off, as he was looking bright.

Rafa went to two up front - he was looking to win the game. I applaud that. It just didn't work out, and it's not his fault Kirkland suddenly can't position himself to see a football being struck.

I'd stick with him, but he needs to improve.

Offline Wilbur

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2004, 02:54:41 pm »
Despite the garbage nature of the overall match, we had some good chances that we either missed or brought out good saves from their keeper.

Kirkland looked a little nervy.  Our defense was shaky again, and I have to say that Josemi seems to be the starting point for the unsettled form.  Riise wasn't too hot either, although he tried to recover and played at speed.  Carra and Hyppia were OK, with flashes of nice skill, although they seemed to be nervous about Josemi.

Stevie G. didn't play all that well, some Hollywood balls and lack of understanding let us down.  Salif played OK but is probably not a long-term solution.  Didi was OK but not a real positive player, and Flo looked cultured but not always in the match.  Harry had a pretty good game, and I would have liked to see us hand him the ball more often.

Mellor got in the right positions sometime and had some good opportunities missed and saved.  Sometimes when we had the ball in open play he might have moved more positively.

Nunes got a taste of the speed of the derby, but that was about it.  Djimi looked up for it, as did Alonso, but they didn't have much time.

The ref was OK, although we suffered a little bit from some decisions, he at least kept it under control.  The atmosphere was very good, and the blues played hard and as a team.

Overall, I think that we needed another high-energy player on the pitch to really control the game - someone like Milan who lights the spark, in contrast to the reactive/slower players like Hyppia/Salif/Didi/Mellor.  Not that they are bad, but they react rather than create, and this handed the initiative to Everton.

Could have won it, but didn't.
Nineteen, we want nineteen.

Offline mr_mad_master

• Posts Utter Shite
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mwa
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2004, 02:54:43 pm »
ok can i start with that this is going to be harsh and a load of crap but ill say it anway....

kirky mate it wasnt just the goal but you look ver shakey at the back I think its time for Jerzy to have another go,Stevie you are a super star and am just....wow your good keep it up mate dont give up
Arry your a new player and Im loving it more determined good to see you shoove it up he doubters arse....
bitter fans can fuck right off, boo stevie you dirty c*nts he was awesome and even when he was lying on the ground he was higher than all you dirtbags >:( heard the new rafa song quite loud through the 2nd half well done, lets now move on and make sure we take 3 points from pompey and can we also make sure the 12th man is there....non o this itll b shite again because no one will sing,if you dont sing yourself your just as bad a jester hat wearing fella so SING FOR THE LADS EH. my final note is tonight was the first time Ive ever shed a tear over pure footballing matters(have for reasons involving football but this was purely because of the result like) my hatred and sadness got the better of me also feel  :puke am going to stay up as late as possible so I sleep in and miss most of tomorrow AHHHHHH SHITE!!!!!!!
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, THE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE 77 78 81 84 05

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2004, 02:54:50 pm »
How many points behind the blue shite are we now? Rafa will have to learn fast that the Premier League has no hiding place, you cannot get away with rotating players in big games.

I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline thechulloran

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2004, 02:55:00 pm »
I must have been drugged,and I fell asleep and missed the whole farkin match!!!
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists" - Tom Hicks

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2004, 02:55:02 pm »
Not surprised Alonso didn't play, but he should have done. Diao won lots of tackles, but gave it away all the time after winning it.

Kirkland - three soft goals in a week. Not able to see any of them? - well make sure you can see the fucking ball! Once or twice, fine, but three in three games?

Josemi is, at the moment, an utter liability. If he got in ahead of Finnan on freshness, fair enough. But Finnan HAS to play on Tuesday. (Josemi has suspension but it's for Newcastle). Bizarre substitutions by Rafa, especially over Mellor almost going off, but it was always going to be an uphill task. We'll spank the fuckers 5-0 at Anfield with our home form, when the wheels fall off their wagon.

Otherwise we tired quite badly in an even game but came close at the end. How Ferguson wasn't sent off I'll never know - he really is the nastiest piece of shit in the game.

Gerrard was average until late on, and how Cahill cleared Traore's effort off the line I don't know. Then, with Mellor waiting to tuck it home, Traore got a flick and the danger was gone. Martyn made one of the saves of the season from Mellor in the first half.

Sami and Carra were possibly the only two to emerge with any great credit.

Pick ourselves up, get Alonso and Baros back in, and win the four home games in our next five fixtures.

Nice to see a calm head in a sea of knee-jerks.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2004, 02:55:21 pm »
I don't think it was his error but he didn't convince me tonight. Poor at crossing, very poor.

Dudek to start at Fratton Park on tuesday.

Offline Woodbury

• Where's my toque eh?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2004, 02:55:36 pm »
This really hurts.  Everton 12 points ahead of us.  (we have a gmae in hand, mind.  :-\ )

:no
Blame Canada!

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2004, 02:55:51 pm »
Shit.

Rafa got it wrong today.

What the fuck does Nunez bring to the side? Rafa trying to make out he's a good player, sorry but he's shit.

Riise is hopeless. Blind alleys, loses his head.

Stevie was trying to do three different jobs. Once Didi came off, he had to do his job too.

Kirkland should be dropped. The Dude may be dodgy commanding the area, but he's a shot stopper.

Ah well, Rafa will learn from this.

::)

Offline KFC

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again.
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2004, 02:56:19 pm »
Not entirely his fault but he has got his fair share -- he hesitate and moved to the right while the balls is actually coming from the left.   The mid-week Rivaldo goal was the opposite -- he moved to the left while the ball is coming from the right.

If you asked me who is at fault for the goal I would say Josemi -- it is him who gave the ball away which he shouldn't. 
We won it 6 times

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2004, 02:57:31 pm »
Not surprised that Diao started but wrong decision I guess. If we played like we did first 45 vs Villa we'd have played em off the park. But oh well. Result not much of a surprise, we were inevitibly going to follow the great success of the last 10 days with failure today, or else we'd have been far far further up the table.

Still, lots of good signs in the last 2 weeks, onwards and upwards.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline jokka

• Kopite
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2004, 02:57:46 pm »

hoonin

« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2004, 02:58:01 pm »
Discuss :'(

In the post match thread, along with everyone else.

This thread will be merged shortly.

Offline miffed

• Kopite
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2004, 02:58:27 pm »
martyn was the diff.  today and all season.

we pounded the fuck out of them and couldn't catch a break.  that's football.

i must be the only one in here who hopes they get into europe.

i swear, if we ever get shut of rafa, i'd like moyes to manage us. 

to build what he's done on that budget is a fucking miracle.

and we might not do badly with a scot in charge.

hoonin

« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2004, 02:59:01 pm »
Shit.

Rafa got it wrong today.

What the fuck does Nunez bring to the side? Rafa trying to make out he's a good player, sorry but he's shit.

Riise is hopeless. Blind alleys, loses his head.

Stevie was trying to do three different jobs. Once Didi came off, he had to do his job too.

Kirkland should be dropped. The Dude may be dodgy commanding the area, but he's a shot stopper.

Ah well, Rafa will learn from this.

:-X  :-X  :-X

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2004, 02:59:24 pm »
moby - how can he not out jump a player who is 5'10" to catch a ball coming straight down?

I don't want to get into a pointless ding dong, I'm a bit pissed of at the mo.

Your question is valid and it is aquestion I would have liked to have put to Peter Shilton when he went up with that midget maradonna.

Shit happens, move on. 
I remember the slagging JD got after the Man U game season before last.
Should we buy anew GK in January instead of anew Forward?

No, I didn't think so.

hoonin

« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2004, 03:01:27 pm »
Ra-ra-ra-ra-Rafa Benitez :)

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2004, 03:01:48 pm »
..and Kewell.  Fought hard today, some better movement alongside him and we'd have been in a few times from little tricks he did.

Kewell was good on the left, but tired in second half. Not in it up front. I'll add Pongolle to the list of credit; he was good in an unusual role, but his final ball was always slightly overhit.

Diao just wants binning. If you can't pass to a fellow Red, you need to hit the exit. We missed Biscan today, believe it or not. He can tackle, pass and run with the ball. And of course we missed Baros, but I'm glad he wasn't risked.

A big comedown after Wednesday, but we've had the Arsenal and Olympiakos wins in recent weeks. Gonna take a while to get consistency, and got add to this squad.

As for Nunez, can't see how anyone can criticize him already. Josemi has been poor for two months solid now - but even so, doesn't mean he's a bad player. It does mean he needs dropping.

Offline ratcatcher

• Glass is often half-empty...and it's all Parry's fault
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2004, 03:02:03 pm »
My, didnt take long for the whingers to come out after Wednesday night did it?

Oh and some need to fathom the difference between a goalkeeping error ie like spilling shots at a forwards feet, bumping into your own defenders and dropping the ball at the strikers feet and, being beaten by a free kick from one of the world's best free kick takers and being unsighted.

Even I wouldnt blame dudek for such goals conceeded. Get a grip will yers?
These are my own opinions. They are not meant or intended as a criticism of anyone else's opinion just because they are different but if you can't see past that, then tough shit!

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2004, 03:02:03 pm »
Anyone who is complaining of the poor quality of the match - it was a Derby, have you not seen one before?

No excuses. We didn't deserve to win. Everton played the game they set out to and defended effectively. It hurts, and it's going to on Monday and until we beat Pompey on Tuesday night. But don't start saying they were lucky. They weren't.

Josemi was dire. Someone needs to tell him that you're supposed to win the ball, not snap everyone with every challenge.

Offline Sufian

• Main Stander
    • Under Construction
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2004, 03:02:54 pm »
 Diao started because of the physical nature of the fixture? well thats the only logical reason i could think off for playing him.. JOsemi as well. I do believe bringin on Alonso at the last minutes was meaningless in my opinion. Nunez was a dissapointment.

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2004, 03:04:38 pm »
Rashid - It's very unfair to be criticising Nunez just a few games into his Liverpool career. He's probably not even 100%. Ask why Benitez brings him on perhaps but I can't blame him too much although from what I've seen, I'd be lying if I said I'd been too impressed.

Offline Rashid

• 99% of posts are bullshit, the other 1% get deleted. Unloved, unwashed, and untidy.
  • Main Stander
  • Resident Dog
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2004, 03:05:16 pm »
The lad has done nothing of note, and neither has Josemi! It just goes to show, you get what you fucking pay for MORE OFTEN THAN NOT.

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2004, 03:05:32 pm »
Give Nunez a chance to show his true colours. He has been injured for months and he's not fully fit yet. You can't judge him yet.

Offline Tetti

• RAWK Agony Aunt. Has a thing for gay singers...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • When you walk....
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2004, 03:06:27 pm »
The lad has done nothing of note, and neither has Josemi! It just goes to show, you get what you fucking pay for MORE OFTEN THAN NOT.

and that Hyyppia was a real waste of a few million too eh?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2004, 03:09:03 pm by Paul Tomkins »
Never give up

Offline KFC

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again.
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2004, 03:06:54 pm »
I think most of the lads must be exhausted after the mid-week game, and I can live with the rotation of players (which game do you prefer to win, Olympiakos or Everton?)

It is a game that we didn't deserve to win but didn't deserve to lose either. 

And why we get a Saturday early kickoff after a Wednesday night game while Man Utd got a monday night game is beyond me.
We won it 6 times

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2004, 03:07:20 pm »
The lad has done nothing of note

Neither have I and I've not played that much less football for Liverpool than Nunez had. You may be right but give him a chance for fucks sake.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Rashid

• Main Stander
  • Resident Dog
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2004, 03:08:02 pm »
I normally don't repond to you but ffs, give him a chance :no

I'd rather give one of our reserves/ young lads a chance like Partridge or Potter than give it to a Real madrid reserve... yes he deserves a chance but I doubt he is any better than what we have in reserve.

Offline Liverlad

• Boys Pen
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2004, 03:08:44 pm »
So far Nunez has been useless.
Hopefully Dudek will start against Pompey. He is not a better keeper than Kirkland but some changes has to be done.
Sorry to say but Josemi is a only squad player.

Offline Sheik_Yerbouti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2004, 03:08:48 pm »
It's freakin' hard to restrict one self's disapointment.

In mild words this was a god damn pathetic preformance.

Where was the will to win ?
Only Carra and Stevie from time to time looked really up for it ?
What the hell is going through the players minds when they un-challanged chuck up mindless long balls to absolutely no one ?

Obviously this was a derby and those games are different, but still, i think we should be able to expect a hell of alot more from our players, we look a mediocre first division outfit when going away from home, a few games excluded.

hoonin

« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2004, 03:09:57 pm »

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X