Author Topic: Arne Slot confirmed  (Read 94071 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Arne Slot confirmed
« Reply #480 on: May 24, 2024, 05:57:09 pm »
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2024/05/arne-slot-arrives-in-liverpool-ahead-of-official-unveiling/

Already finding the posh places to eat.

We're going to a friends house who lives about 500yds from there tomorrow, bit of stalking on the menu me thinks, see if he's staying over ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #481 on: May 24, 2024, 06:04:51 pm »
We're going to a friends house who lives about 500yds from there tomorrow, bit of stalking on the menu me thinks, see if he's staying over ;D

"Why is the restaurant being buzzed repeatedly?"
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #482 on: May 24, 2024, 06:23:24 pm »
Ruben Pinheiro has applied for the first team set-piece coach role.

https://x.com/TheoSquiresECHO/status/1794012335868150004

Portuguese coach Ruben Pinheiro has revealed that he's applied to be part of Arne Slot's backroom team at #LFC next season.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: May 24, 2024, 06:25:00 pm »
"Why is the restaurant being buzzed repeatedly?"

I need to check and see what flights are going in and out of Blackpool.
Jurgen YNWA

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: May 24, 2024, 06:29:15 pm »
I messaged my Dutch friend, who is a massive Feyenoord fan, for his thoughts about Arne ... and to apologise for stealing his manager. This was his reply ...

"I don't blame you for stealing our top coach, like you did before with Dirk Kuijt. We're happy that he's leaving for a proper team. Last year he almost left for Tottenham. We'll sure miss him, but it was inevitable. He's really good, could become as good as Jurgen Klopp. He made Feyenoord from average to a top team. This year we were really good in Champions League, playing better than Atletico Madrid. But unfortunately, we need to learn to be smarter and cleverer.

He's a brilliant tactician, always remains calm, gives very nice and friendly interviews, replies to critical questions with humour and never gets angry. You don't see that a lot. And, most important, he's capable to get every player to perform better than before. For example, Kokcu, was an average player, and a difficult person with problems in his family. He gave him attention and trust, and within half a year he became captain and the best player on the pitch. After his transfer to Portugal, he never reached that level again. And there a more examples like that.

I hope that this convinced you. Give the man some time, and he'll probably become one of the best coaches you ever had."

High praise. I was on board anyway. I thought his leaving videos at Feyenoord showed Klopp-like characteristics. But I'm further reassured by my friends comments. He was spot on about Dirk Kuyt at the time ... he said then that Kuyt would never be the best player in the world, but we would love him because he always worked 100% for the good of the team.

Thanks mate.

That chimes with what I've been reading about him, about how he improves players and how players look better under him than elsewhere. That's what's exciting about the appointment, how he's going to work with existing players and hopefully improve us individually and as a team. Transfers are great but     if we can improve the existing squad then great. Looking forward to the new season already :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline DarkOfTheManatee

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #485 on: May 24, 2024, 06:30:51 pm »
:D

I don't know when but this place lost it's fucking mind.

I'm 99% certain they were saying that tongue in cheek, because nobody can have Klopp manage their club for 8 years, and still think he's the kind of person who would deliberately have a dig at his successor.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: May 24, 2024, 07:07:28 pm »

Knock on, say you're looking for a guy called Elizabeth.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: May 24, 2024, 07:14:30 pm »
Knock on, say you're looking for a guy called Elizabeth.

He's staying at the hotel in Aughton by the look of it - they'll never let me in there ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: May 24, 2024, 07:17:45 pm »
There are ways of getting in Rob...trust me.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: May 24, 2024, 07:38:21 pm »
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2024/05/arne-slot-arrives-in-liverpool-ahead-of-official-unveiling/

Already finding the posh places to eat.

Don’t like this kind of behaviour. Remember the time Jurgen came and his first lunch was a Tesco meal deal.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #491 on: May 24, 2024, 07:47:27 pm »
Don’t like this kind of behaviour. Remember the time Jurgen came and his first lunch was a Tesco meal deal.

Kloppo was downing pints with Peter Krawietz, Ulla and one of his sons when he arrived here first  ;D

Plenty of time for Slot to find some decent ale though  8)

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: May 24, 2024, 08:14:24 pm »
I think the biggest question mark regarding Slot is whether he can deal with elite players. We have a really big squad and he is going to be leaving top players out week in week out. Klopp was a massive character with an unbelievable CV. He had the kudos to make those decisions and still build a harmonious dressing room.

Slot has never really had to deal with that. Hopefully, he can make the step up and blossom into an elite head coach.

I don't think that would be such a big problem. If we have luck with the injuries next season, we can simply push on all 4 fronts, and that would require a lot of rotating ...

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: May 24, 2024, 08:22:18 pm »
There are ways of getting in Rob...trust me.

100% ask Amir which hole.

Online Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: May 24, 2024, 08:28:21 pm »
He's staying at the hotel in Aughton by the look of it - they'll never let me in there ;D

I hope he remember to bring his Big Plate.

Online Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #496 on: May 24, 2024, 08:32:14 pm »
Seeing what other clubs are doing with managers and rumours of Buddy Wasisname and the other feller getting big club managerial gigs...I think we have done very well with Slot in terms of process and end result.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #497 on: May 24, 2024, 08:33:18 pm »
He'll get all the support he needs in the ground and that's all that matters!

Oh I, deffo.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: May 24, 2024, 08:43:10 pm »
I think the biggest question mark regarding Slot is whether he can deal with elite players. We have a really big squad and he is going to be leaving top players out week in week out. Klopp was a massive character with an unbelievable CV. He had the kudos to make those decisions and still build a harmonious dressing room.

Slot has never really had to deal with that. Hopefully, he can make the step up and blossom into an elite head coach.

How many truly elite players are we talking about? Alisson, Trent, Robbo, Van Dijk, Salah, Jota and maybe Konate and Gomez our truly elite players in that they have got us to league and CL trophies and also finals and pretty much all bar one or two start if fit.

The rest of the squad with all due respect have it all to prove. Pretty much everyone signed from Diaz onwards have yet to properly step up consistently and show that they can emulate the players they replaced.

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: May 24, 2024, 09:02:45 pm »
How many truly elite players are we talking about? Alisson, Trent, Robbo, Van Dijk, Salah, Jota and maybe Konate and Gomez our truly elite players in that they have got us to league and CL trophies and also finals and pretty much all bar one or two start if fit.

The rest of the squad with all due respect have it all to prove. Pretty much everyone signed from Diaz onwards have yet to properly step up consistently and show that they can emulate the players they replaced.

I would agree that there is improvement needed from some players. We also have some cracking youngsters who have to keep improving. Thats where we are. I would say though that MacAlister has had an excellent season and looks like he could be one of the top top midfielders around for years to come.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: May 24, 2024, 09:09:22 pm »
I would agree that there is improvement needed from some players. We also have some cracking youngsters who have to keep improving. Thats where we are. I would say though that MacAlister has had an excellent season and looks like he could be one of the top top midfielders around for years to come.

He could, but to question Al’s point, these are not players that have done it at the absolute top level for Liverpool. Gakpo, Nunez, Diaz, Szobozslai, Jones, Elliott, Mac, Endo, Bradley, Quansah etc. are all players who are not in a position to question Slot’s reputation. They have it all to prove and Slot could easily drop any of them.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #501 on: May 24, 2024, 09:10:54 pm »
Thanks mate.

That chimes with what I've been reading about him, about how he improves players and how players look better under him than elsewhere. That's what's exciting about the appointment, how he's going to work with existing players and hopefully improve us individually and as a team. Transfers are great but     if we can improve the existing squad then great. Looking forward to the new season already :)
Wish the season started tomorrow already! ;D
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #502 on: May 24, 2024, 09:13:28 pm »
Macca had the best season(well, after he clicked). He was the star in our crown this season! No doubt!
Took games by the scruff of the neck, orchestrated some games when we fell apart...
He sooo wanted that title. :(

He is ELITE! And for what, 35million? What bargain!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 09:15:28 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: May 24, 2024, 09:25:42 pm »
He could, but to question Al’s point, these are not players that have done it at the absolute top level for Liverpool. Gakpo, Nunez, Diaz, Szobozslai, Jones, Elliott, Mac, Endo, Bradley, Quansah etc. are all players who are not in a position to question Slot’s reputation. They have it all to prove and Slot could easily drop any of them.

Sorry, yes I agree on that point too. I am sure he will go about the role confidently and not be overawed by the dressing room. We have done our home work on him after all.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 09:28:14 pm by red1977 »

« Reply #504 on: May 24, 2024, 10:17:18 pm »
Despite what most folks think it's hard to see us playing 4231 next season, we have so many CMs and inside forwards that work well for 433 and very few #10s or wingers needed for 4231. I can't see us selling lots of players and rebuilding the team again. I expect the continuity focus that led us to choose Arne will mean he will set it up in a way that works for most of the current players and still instill his philosophy of control in possession and high press out of possession.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: May 24, 2024, 10:41:07 pm »
Welshred's time has come. Arne requiresa physiotherapist.  ;D

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: May 24, 2024, 10:44:25 pm »
Ruben Pinheiro has applied for the first team set-piece coach role.

https://x.com/TheoSquiresECHO/status/1794012335868150004

Who's he?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: May 24, 2024, 10:48:04 pm »
Haven't got a scooby mate.  ;D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: May 24, 2024, 10:55:35 pm »
I'm 99% certain they were saying that tongue in cheek, because nobody can have Klopp manage their club for 8 years, and still think he's the kind of person who would deliberately have a dig at his successor.

My post was 100% a joke...but the person I replied to was serious (as far as I can tell)

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #509 on: May 25, 2024, 08:56:50 am »
Just having a quiet cup of tea and was thinking about the transition from Klopp to Slot. Mostly how I would love to keep positivity and good energy around watching the reds.  It’s been great for my health and wellbeing to have the big man leading us and I’m thinking, at this point, Klopp’s whole “doubters to believers” thing is pretty key to having a great start for Arne.
No doubt that was the essence of Klopp’s last speech. He knows the importance of manager and fans being in unison.
There can be a (natural?) tendency to regress from believer to doubter and to expect Slot to “make us believe”.  There is some normal human behaviour in that, but I guess our job now is to park the concerns and comparisons for a while and create a supportive and welcoming space for Slot’s reds to perform at their best, even when they struggle, as they might well.
Klopp could feel the doubt when he arrived - We can learn from that and find positive support when it gets tough.
Cuppa finished - I’m looking forward to doing my part to believe, and to support Slot & his team into this new era.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #510 on: May 25, 2024, 09:20:56 am »

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #511 on: May 25, 2024, 09:55:39 am »

I think the most obvious position is the forwards. We have 5 forwards who have all been signed for big fees. The kind of fees that mean those players are expected to start the majority of games. There is no clear pecking order. We don't have three obvious starters and a couple of backups.

They are all major players for their countries and are at an age when they expect to be starting week in week out. Crucially they were all signed by Klopp and knew they were wanted by Klopp. They trusted that if they didn't start the along the line they would get their chance and if they performed they would get more opportunities.

All bets are off with a new manager. If Slot had the opportunity to hand pick  five forwards then chances are it would not be the current five. Different coaches prioritise different attributes. There will be players in the squad that Slot just doesn't fancy as a player. It is inevitable.

Players know that. Slot doesn't have a relationship with the players and they don't trust that they will be given opportunities. They will have seen new managers come in and simply not rate players. They will have seen other players or even themselves be given more opportunities by a new coach either at club or international level.

That is why it is so much harder for a new coach to keep everyone involved. Then you get little cliques formed in the dressing room of dissatisfied players. All the players will start pre season or what is left with a clean slate and be desperate to impress the new coach. Unfortunately at the start he can only select 11 players and will be looking to bed in a starting 11. Keeping everyone involved will be a big task.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: May 25, 2024, 10:41:09 am »
Would be nice to get a favourable run of games to start, ideally home game first.
Wouldn’t want to have a tough away game like last year.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #513 on: May 25, 2024, 11:11:22 am »
Would be nice to get a favourable run of games to start, ideally home game first.
Wouldn’t want to have a tough away game like last year.

We start the season away far more than we should.

The games I hate at the start of a season are one of the newly promoted teams away. The team is used to winning and the crowd is well up for it.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #514 on: May 25, 2024, 11:16:33 am »
I think the most obvious position is the forwards. We have 5 forwards who have all been signed for big fees. The kind of fees that mean those players are expected to start the majority of games. There is no clear pecking order. We don't have three obvious starters and a couple of backups.

They are all major players for their countries and are at an age when they expect to be starting week in week out. Crucially they were all signed by Klopp and knew they were wanted by Klopp. They trusted that if they didn't start the along the line they would get their chance and if they performed they would get more opportunities.

All bets are off with a new manager. If Slot had the opportunity to hand pick  five forwards then chances are it would not be the current five. Different coaches prioritise different attributes. There will be players in the squad that Slot just doesn't fancy as a player. It is inevitable.

Players know that. Slot doesn't have a relationship with the players and they don't trust that they will be given opportunities. They will have seen new managers come in and simply not rate players. They will have seen other players or even themselves be given more opportunities by a new coach either at club or international level.

That is why it is so much harder for a new coach to keep everyone involved. Then you get little cliques formed in the dressing room of dissatisfied players. All the players will start pre season or what is left with a clean slate and be desperate to impress the new coach. Unfortunately at the start he can only select 11 players and will be looking to bed in a starting 11. Keeping everyone involved will be a big task.

Nunez and Diaz are first XI transfer fees, Salah's our best paid player, so, financially, that's your 3. Jota in the mix but can't stay fit and Gakpo is a good squad player. Havertz and Jesus similar for Arsenal but they've got a better mix as Saka and Martinelli have come through their system. Jesus, like Nunez, hasn't quite made the impact hoped for.

Gakpo cost 40 mill, but that's about the starting price these days for an established player who can play for a top tier team. But Trossard an example of a good squad player signed for a reasonable fee. That's not something we've really been doing - Gakpo signing never really made strategic sense in the context of spending a record fee on Nunez in the previous window (and still having Jota and Firmino at the time). We have however got the likes of Danns, Gordon and Doak who you'd hope at least one develop into a first teamer. Then there's Elliott/Carvalho/Dom who at least in a 4231 fit across the 3.

Can only have XI on the pitch at one time, but we play every 3 or 4 days from basically August to May if we do well enough in the cups. Add in injuries as well and it's often whoever is fit and playing well starts the game. The idea you have a bonafide first XI is obsolete these days with the current calendar. Unless you have a season like Arsenal where you're straight out the cups and don't get any injuries. If Slot wants to bring the pressing back as well then that means rotation.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 11:24:43 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: May 25, 2024, 11:53:29 am »

I hear he’s already started calling everyone la’ as well. The arrogance.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: May 25, 2024, 12:09:15 pm »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #517 on: May 25, 2024, 12:15:01 pm »
He's just looking for some fresh Poffertjes.

Too late Harry has already signed him.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: May 25, 2024, 12:27:22 pm »
Sorry Don't know how to import the image
But if anyone can