Author Topic: PL: West Ham 2 vs 2 Liverpool Bowen 43’Robbo 48’ og (tit) 65’ Antonio 77’  (Read 17170 times)

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Kinell some of you are desperate to put the lack of form all on the Utd Cup game aren't you, carry on if it makes yoh feel better but we played well in games after that, just couldn't fucking score in one of them.

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
From The Guardian:

Cody Gakpo’s opportunism: It seems the reason Gakpo didn’t put the ball in the net when Alphonse Areola threw it in front of him ready to resume play that time is because Anthony Taylor blew his whistle, signalling him to stop.

Taylor had no reason to blow his whistle because the ball hadn’t gone out of play and no foul had been committed. If Gakpo had been allowed and able to take the ball around Areola and roll it into the empty net, the goal would have been completely legitimate.
But say it quietly, and don't let it detract from the real headline of Klopp vs Salah.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1784223851477361020

Salah walks through the mixed zone, declines interview requests and says: “If I speak today there will be fire.”

But with you saying that is gonna cause fire too so what's the point?

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Mo Salah: “If I speak today, there will be fire.”

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
You take the booking over the chance of a goal.

Besides the point a bit though anyway, VAR would have just backed their mate as they do everytime.

There is no chance of a goal though Taylor blowing the whistle kills the game and anything that happens after that ceases to exist. VAR cannot intervene after the manc c*nt has blown his whistle. That is why he has done it.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Irishred1

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
He has bee shit lately and rightly dropped . I suppose it would be worse if he was happy about it.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97

Needs to change his mouthwash then.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Cozzymoto

• Main Stander
Our Team is falling apart …. Could only happen to us *sigh*

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan

He shouldn't be saying this.

Klopp has said they've spoken and it's finished. If Salah still has a problem, have it out with the manager in private and don't give the media more to run with.

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
Bizarre episode with the keeper aside, we got what we deserved.
That game was a microcosm of our season, and the last 10 games in particular.
Slow start, lots of creativity but poor decisions, poor shooting and poor defending.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Our attacking players have lost us the league. 28 shots, every game we’ve played last couple of months we have been useless in front of goal

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
Doesn’t excuse Mo’s conduct but why does it take us longer than any other club to get our subs on once they’re stripped? Was ages today and the longer we waited the more I worried we’d concede. Suspect that was what caused the issue but we’ll never know.

Done with this season frankly save for Klopp’s goodbye.

Offline Cozzymoto

• Main Stander

Guess we will find out in next episode of Liverpool FC Documentary

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

Salah walks through the mixed zone, declines interview requests and says: “If I speak today there will be fire.”

See, if they had just had it out then none of this would have happened.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Kinell some of you are desperate to put the lack of form all on the Utd Cup game aren't you, carry on if it makes yoh feel better but we played well in games after that, just couldn't fucking score in one of them.

The FA Cup game when Brooks failed to send Fernades off for a red card challenge after he had already been booked.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
He shouldn't be saying this.

Klopp has said they've spoken and it's finished. If Salah still has a problem, have it out with the manager in private and don't give the media more to run with.

This. The touchline thing was not good, but it happened in the heat of the moment and although I'm not condoning it, these things happen in charged environments. The fact that he's just gone and fanned the flames though is sheer idiocy.

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
The game's corrupt.

Couldn't be arsed with it anymore
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan

If Mos "friends" have been telling him how great he is and how he should be playing every game he needs to stop listening to them and watch his performances recently and he just might see why he isnt playing every game.
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...

"For two hours and forty nights, I eat Chewies. Soon I get tired of sticky paper and grow angry so I fire Johnny Seven. But grenade, it veers to east, knock Stretch Armstrong off tree".
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
Gakpo didnt continue because he probably thought he would be booked. 

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Gakpo didnt continue because he probably thought he would be booked. 

Yep

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Klopp said to Salah " Have you got your boots on the right feet today..
Mo replied “I prefer balds”
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
I wonder what shite PGMOL will make up for the keeper incident?

“The ref believed that there had been a head injury and had stopped the game”.

It’s a bloody joke that they never call out the referee for a poor decision. It was bizarre and no amount of explanation can make it right. We even saw a tackle right in front of the referee that was as bad, no worse, than Jones’s.
#JFT97

Offline stockdam

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Unfortunately the team needs a summer off to regroup. We are snatching at chances or playing a poor pass when we are in great positions and our defenders cannot defend at times.

I wouldn’t blame us for their 2nd goal (well maybe we should have stopped the attack further back). It was a great cross by Bowen and a good header. We rarely put in good crosses and when we did we headed the ball at the keeper.

We are brilliant at retaining possession but very poor when it comes to finishing. Most teams we play score one out of every two or three chances they have whereas we are converting about 1 in 10.

We have lost the ability to attack the ball in our own area. Obviously this is a bit of an exaggeration but we have turned into a team that is great in the middle of the pitch but we are relegation fodder up front and defending. I don’t remember if it was their 2nd goal but Trent panicked under a looping ball and missed his header.
#JFT97

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Got to say, the most infuriating thing to me during the capitulation has been the fact it's all came against crap teams/players. Atalanta turned up with Marten de Roon at centre half and their best attacker missing and done us 3-0, the likes of Nathaniel Clyne are then turning up that weekend and keeping a clean sheet at Anfield (in 2024), Pickford is keeping a clean sheet with the worst Everton side in 70 odd years in front of him, then you've got this version of Michael Antonio scoring against us. The whole thing has been a humiliating end to the season and Klopp's reign. A couple of the most embarrassing defeats under Klopp in there too, shite.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
I still think at the start of the season everyone would have taken challenging for the title with 8 games left. Wheels have fallen off a bit, to be expected.

I felt the same too. At the beginning of the season I felt like we over performed and that it would catch up with us. Then in January I started to feel like we would really do it and we were top of the league with limited games to go. Then at the end here is just seems to have fallen apart for whatever internal reason. Maybe some of the players have already decided to leave and we are just limping to the end of the season.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
So we have finally become United...
Believer

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
April's been a fun month hasn't it?

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
April's been a fun month hasn't it?

One big aprils fool. I’m hoping I wake up in the shower like Dallas.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
I always thought it was the city game/. All over them and couldn't win. For me it started then.

Offline stockdam

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
It’s been a very disappointing run and I’m amazed as we were playing so well. I’m sure that the players and manager are bewildered also. We have turned to jelly at both ends of the pitch which is never good.

We huff and puff to score and then we gift goals to the opposition.

Slot needs to do a lot of work and we probably need some new players.
#JFT97

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I have no problem with what either did. Shit like this happens between family, friends and colleagues.

Look at RAWK, I hate you bastards most of the time...but also love.  ;D

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
I hope Salah is sold now. One of our greatest ever, but nobody disrespects Jurgen, fucking nobody!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I hope Salah is sold now. One of our greatest ever, but nobody disrespects Jurgen, fucking nobody!

He's off any way. He has no elite pace anymore and as wide player he's non exsistant. Will need to paly as a centre forward now.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Correct me if I am wrong, but Spurs need to win one of their matches this week before they play us or we have top 4.

If they lose to Arsenal they can get top 4 on goal difference theoretically with 5 wins.

If they draw both they can't get enough.

So it is not outside the realms of possibility we have top 4 before we play again

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We're 15 points ahead of Spurs with a better goal difference. No need to worry about anything.  :D

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
So we have finally become United...

What are you talking about

We are the opposite of United they get outplayed get help from Refs and somehow win. We batter teams get fucked over by Howard 'United' Webb's PGMOL mob and somehow don't get 3 points.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Correct me if I am wrong, but Spurs need to win one of their matches this week before they play us or we have top 4.

If they lose to Arsenal they can get top 4 on goal difference theoretically with 5 wins.

If they draw both they can't get enough.

So it is not outside the realms of possibility we have top 4 before we play again

If we were to lose every game then Spurs would need to win 5 out of their remaining 6 games and draw one and we would get 4th on goal difference (assuming Villa go ahead of us). If we won one game or get 3 draws then Spurs would have to win all 6 games and surpass our goal difference.

Basically its done, we will be in the CL next season.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We're 15 points ahead of Spurs with a better goal difference. No need to worry about anything.  :D

I am not but others are, I am just making the point that it's not outside the realms that it is officially season over before we play again

Two tough matches and if they don't win one of them they can't catch us (and in fact if they lose one it's extremely unlikely on the GD gap alone)

Even if they got the best result possible without winning one of the matches (two draws) they would not be able to catch us
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 04:48:28 pm by Stockholm Syndrome »