Author Topic: PL: Eve 2 vs 0 Liverpool Bran 27’ Lewin 58’  (Read 28778 times)

Offline n00bert

• Legacy Fan
  • Born a Red, die a Red. 4-2-3-1 Ultra. DM sceptic.
Re: PL: Eve 2 vs 0 Liverpool Bran 27’ Lewin 58’
« Reply #520 on: April 24, 2024, 10:47:32 pm »
The thing about Mo is that he has moments. Like even today his lay off to Darwin for his chance was great. But he can’t just do that, there needs to be other output and dynamism, movement to stretch players, getting on it.

He’s been a passenger for a couple of games when he doesn’t get a lot of touches. And the thing about him not getting a lot of touches is when he does he forces it. Didn’t even look like he was keen on challenging for headers and or using his body for those 50/50s in the box. In a game where we desperately needed to win.

I think tactically too we were a bit silly - they had Ashley Young at fullback. We needed someone running at him and trying to play around him.

It all came from the left , we had barely anything on the right and when we did finally get a ball into a decent position the delivery was wank. Mostly though it’s floaters from the edge of the box that fuckin Trex and tarkowski just gobbled up.

And the ref was shite. Gave them every chance to load the box up. Some soft as fuck fouls to give in a derby, but only seemingly to one team. Not the referees fault that we were shite but he certainly didn’t help.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #521 on: April 24, 2024, 10:47:40 pm »
What did he say?

He's been here for 2 years and in the big moments, the big games, we need players to deliver and although we want him to do it, he's not that player.

I've been saying the same thing for months.

CBA getting into a slanging match about it tonight. I get no pleasure in seeing our players turning out to be duds. But I remember loads of people defending Karius when it's clear as day he isnt good enough. Nunez is the same - we signed him at the same time as Haaland and our fanbase was absolutely desperatefor him to be on the same level as him and deliver. 2 years in and he's the worst finisher in Europe. He needs to go.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #522 on: April 24, 2024, 10:48:38 pm »
1. denial
2. anger
3. bargaining
4. depression
5. acceptance

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #523 on: April 24, 2024, 10:49:01 pm »
Klopp: "It was not good enough... I really feel for the people and I am really sorry. I apologise for that."

No Jurgen, the players let you down lad.

Humble as always, but it’s so sad to hear.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #524 on: April 24, 2024, 10:49:02 pm »
I don't know how much is a lack of leadership or effort or desire or what but this team looks mentally done. Outfought from start to finish in a must win game, like we have been a lot lately. Only bright spots for me were Diaz, who was practically a one-man attack most of the game, and Elliott who must start against West Ham on the weekend.

Salah again looks cooked after AFCON. Van Dijk far too casual. Trent seemingly unable to defend and nowhere near the same player going forward. And a midfield that's bullied and pressed far too easily. Lot of issues that need fixing, that's for sure. Maybe now the title's gone they'll loosen up a bit.

You may be right but my overwhelming impression from that game is that Madley just gave them a ridiculous number of free kicks in dangerous positions. Every time ewe put in a challenge they got a free kick.

When they scored after 30 minutes the free kick count was 8 to Everton 1 to Liverpool.

You just cannot compete against that.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #525 on: April 24, 2024, 10:49:15 pm »
That it's all well and good scoring in October, November but this is where he needs to be banging them in, in games such as this and OT.

He wasn’t even fucking scoring then really, with the exception of that brace at Newcastle and racking up the Europa League goals.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #526 on: April 24, 2024, 10:49:25 pm »
ironic now that arsenal and city are going to do us a favour by beating spurs

will be interesting to see what players we can attract this summer with champions league fooball
We’ll attract quality players, we got Mac in the Europa league.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: April 24, 2024, 10:49:35 pm »
ironic now that arsenal and city are going to do us a favour by beating spurs

will be interesting to see what players we can attract this summer with champions league fooball

Mate, we're currently 14 points ahead of Spurs. They are not donig us a "Favour".  ;D

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: April 24, 2024, 10:49:45 pm »
Rooney's hairline looks decent like, but where the feck is Kloppo
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Offline Pat The Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #529 on: April 24, 2024, 10:50:01 pm »
We were shocking, they are a bang average team that turned up tonight. Dyche should be kicking their arses asking where they've been all season.....but it's not about them, or the dodgy ref, it's about us falling apart since the Utd game. Maths says it's not over, but in reality, they look gone. Seriously knobbed off tonight.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #530 on: April 24, 2024, 10:50:11 pm »
Was really hoping we could pull a draw out here, would have been a decent result. Knew as soon as it kicked off we wouldn't get one, Everton far livelier and more clinical. Thoroughly deserved win.

As I've been saying for weeks, there's nothing to worry about so long as we don't totally collapse now. Still hurts to lose Klopp's last derby in such pitiful fashion of course.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: April 24, 2024, 10:50:40 pm »
Of course, it's an opinion. I was devastated when we got knocked out of the cup in the last second against Man United. I'm not devastated tonight. Maybe he is the opposite.

Fair enough mate. Some people will be rightly gutted tonight, I am, a derby loss is shit enough and so is also losing the chance of a title, but then roll that up with it being Klopps last chance of a final title and it’s complete dog shit.

I’m at a loss of how the team have folded, mentally, maybe it was all a bit too much for them with all of this going on. Going to be a long fucking summer.

Offline crewlove

• Main Stander
« Reply #532 on: April 24, 2024, 10:50:43 pm »
What's shocking is that Rooney's probably right. We should want to get back on the pitch as soon as possible, not moan about 12:30 again.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #533 on: April 24, 2024, 10:50:49 pm »
Klopp: "It was not good enough... I really feel for the people and I am really sorry. I apologise for that."

No Jurgen, the players let you down lad.

Humble as always, but it’s so sad to hear.

Or isn't it just a case that Klopp elevated those players to play above their level. How many players play under Klopp and then succeed at another club ?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #534 on: April 24, 2024, 10:50:53 pm »
He's been here for 2 years and in the big moments, the big games, we need players to deliver and although we want him to do it, he's not that player.

CBA getting into a slanging match about it tonight. I get no pleasure in seeing our players turning out to be duds. But I remember loads of people defending Karius when it's clear as day he isnt good enough. Nunez is the same - we signed him at the same time as Haaland and our fanbase was absolutely desperatefor him to be on the same level as him and deliver. 2 years in and he's the worst finisher in Europe. He needs to go.

Klopp doesn't sign Gakpo last January and play him through the middle - when we were desperate for a midfielder - if he was happy with Nunez.'

He improved this season off the ball but has gone terribly off the boil last month or two and has been dropped last few games. Only played today because of Gakpo and Jota out, but he wasn't with it at all. Danns would have offered more in 10 minutes.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #535 on: April 24, 2024, 10:51:08 pm »
Them subs were mad weren't they

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #536 on: April 24, 2024, 10:51:34 pm »

Nunez is an athlete trying to be a footballer.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #537 on: April 24, 2024, 10:52:21 pm »
What's shocking is that Rooney's probably right. We should want to get back on the pitch as soon as possible, not moan about 12:30 again.

O h yeah we have three away games with the latest possible kick off on a Sunday a midweek derby and the earliest possible kick off on a Saturday and we should ask to play earlier?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: April 24, 2024, 10:52:27 pm »
There I defo some players saving themselves for the Euros, that’s the only way I can think why we kept shitting out of duels all game..

A completely unacceptable attitude for players to have, but Jurgen's comments about Jota's "nothing" injury makes me think it's one that's prevalent.

Bring back James Milner, give Matip a new contract. Any Russian players against the war?

Offline n00bert

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: April 24, 2024, 10:52:34 pm »
You may be right but my overwhelming impression from that game is that Madley just gave them a ridiculous number of free kicks in dangerous positions. Every time ewe put in a challenge they got a free kick.

When they scored after 30 minutes the free kick count was 8 to Everton 1 to Liverpool.

Yeap, for some literally nothing tackles as well. The one that led to the goal wasn’t even a free kick. We should still have defended it better but fuck me if you can’t tackle you’re not gonna press are you? And he booked Virg for dissent after Diaz wins the ball cleanly in the midfield and he gives them the foul when it looked like we had a chance to turn them around?

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #540 on: April 24, 2024, 10:52:59 pm »
That it's all well and good scoring in October, November but this is where he needs to be banging them in, in games such as this and OT.

Don't really see how this is spot on. It's one of those nonsense arguments that people make trying to sound smart without actually being it.

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #541 on: April 24, 2024, 10:53:08 pm »
Klopp doesn't sign Gakpo last January and play him through the middle - when we were desperate for a midfielder - if he was happy with Nunez.'

He improved this season off the ball but has gone terribly off the boil last month or two and has been dropped last few games. Only played today because of Gakpo and Jota out, but he wasn't with it at all. Danns would have offered more in 10 minutes.

Yeah, why bring on two defenders when you need a goal and have Danns on the bench?

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: April 24, 2024, 10:53:13 pm »
Our players are already on holiday.
Sad ending for Klopp.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #543 on: April 24, 2024, 10:53:18 pm »
A lot will pile it on the players for not 'looking hungry' or 'letting Klopp down' but he takes the most blame of anyone today in my opinion. It's easy to look un-hungry when you are running around without a clear plan. Our entire attacking tactical plan was give it to Trent and pray he makes something.

Lastly, 5 subs available and we bought on 4 defenders. What are we saving Trent and Robbo for? The season ended 20 mins after they were subbed. I'm convinced had Nunez and Salah come off for Danns and Clark at around 60 the end of the game would have been a world apart. It's a shame about Jota and Gakpo today because I think Klopp would have went with the same front 3 as Fulham.

Not point hammering the gaffer now. We shouldn't be where we are and there's only a few to go. Thankful for the journey.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #544 on: April 24, 2024, 10:53:18 pm »

It knocked us right out of our stride and then we were left chasing the game.

We created a glut of chances before half time though and fluffed them all - you just can't do that in a derby (or at OT the other week).
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: April 24, 2024, 10:53:18 pm »

You can if you can win the aerial battle. They dominated us in our own box time and time again. No excuse for that. Having said that, for me it's a key reason why Gomez should be starting in one of the full back spots every game.

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
« Reply #546 on: April 24, 2024, 10:53:54 pm »
We’ve been better than the sum of our parts this season and the spirit and mentality of the squad and Klopps departure seemed to carry us for quite a while. I don’t know what happened but the wheels definitely came off in March and right now we look a shell of a team! We’re seeing the individual parts for what they are now.

Seems a massive rebuild is needed and that wasn’t the feeling in February / early March!

I think we’ve had an early glimpse into next season and life without Klopp.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #547 on: April 24, 2024, 10:54:50 pm »
I still can’t believe the defending for the first goal. So many chances to clear. Absolute mess.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: April 24, 2024, 10:55:06 pm »
Don't really see how this is spot on. It's one of those nonsense arguments that people make trying to sound smart without actually being it.
It's nonsense that our record signing striker shouldn't be scoring at the businessmen of the season? Ok
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #549 on: April 24, 2024, 10:55:10 pm »
Yeap, for some literally nothing tackles as well. The one that led to the goal wasn’t even a free kick. We should still have defended it better but fuck me if you can’t tackle you’re not gonna press are you? And he booked Virg for dissent after Diaz wins the ball cleanly in the midfield and he gives them the foul when it looked like we had a chance to turn them around?

Klopp spent the whole of the first half arguing with Hooper the 4th official about the ridiculous refereeing. As you say the Diaz one was just incredible.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: April 24, 2024, 10:55:25 pm »

Not sure about all the decisions, but quite a few if not most were needless free kicks conceded on our part.  Everton looked dangerous from the first couple of set pieces.  That should’ve resulted in our players aiming to not concede cheap free kicks.  They done the opposite.

Offline n00bert

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: April 24, 2024, 10:56:35 pm »

Finishing aside (and yes I know how that sounds), I think he’s ultimately not done badly. Some of the service to him has been abysmal. His general link up play has been solid, he makes good runs, stretches the pitch and IF he could be more prolific there’s a player there, easily a 25+ goal a season player.

His head has gone since the United game, as most have.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #552 on: April 24, 2024, 10:56:42 pm »
You can if you can win the aerial battle. They dominated us in our own box time and time again. No excuse for that. Having said that, for me it's a key reason why Gomez should be starting in one of the full back spots every game.

They dominated our box because Madley gave them an endless supply of free kicks and the completely ignored Virgil being blocked off.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: April 24, 2024, 10:57:38 pm »
So we ran out of gas. Disappointing as it is, its not really so surprising given where we came from. Back in the summer when we changed our midfield, after missing out on our top targets (who turned out to be shite) there was a lot of people wondering if we would make top 4. But we had Klopp in charge and he gave us another entry on the wall with the League Cup. He brought through some kids who can be our future for years to come and we still have a small chance of the Premiere League! Lots of us would have settled for that last summer. Its a shame Klopp is going and that he had to announce it when he did after the press got the story. Who knows what effect that has had on the players as the season comes to an end and things have started to catch up with us? He will be a hard act to follow thats for sure. Four games to go lets hope the players now feel less pressure and can finish some of the many chances we are still creating and send Klopp off with a smile and our thanks.
Hoping Arne can Slot right in after Klopp

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #554 on: April 24, 2024, 10:57:46 pm »
I think "devastating" is a bit much. It's only football. And we have won something, which is more than 99 percent of teams.

Sorry, you're now telling me how I feel or should feel?  :wanker

I'm devastated that a month ago we were on for a potential quadruple with the opportunity to create an incredible send off for the greatest manager in my lifetime. I was looking forward to a potential trip to Dublin with my mates for another European final. I was looking forward to a potential final day triumph at Anfield, on the KOP, with my dad, to see the reds win the Premier League for the first time in my lifetime. I was looking forward to the potential trophy parade through Liverpool.

For it to end in a 2-0 toothless defeat to Everton, of all teams, is fucking devastating. I didn't see it coming at all today.
So if you're not devastated, good for you. I'm made up for you. But I know that i'm not alone in the way I feel right now. 
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: April 24, 2024, 10:58:47 pm »
Sorry, you're now telling me how I feel or should feel?  :wanker

I'm devastated that a month ago we were on for a potential quadruple with the opportunity to create an incredible send off for the greatest manager in my lifetime. I was looking forward to a potential trip to Dublin with my mates for another European final. I was looking forward to a potential final day triumph at Anfield, on the KOP, with my dad, to see the reds win the Premier League for the first time in my lifetime. I was looking forward to the potential trophy parade through Liverpool.

So if you're not devastated, good for you. I'm made up for you. But I know that i'm not alone in the way I feel right now.

Where did I tell you what to feel? Feel whatever you like, don't be so precious

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: April 24, 2024, 10:58:54 pm »
Horrible,i stopped watching after Diaz banged it off the post and went and had a shower.All gone wrong when nothing could go wrogn.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #557 on: April 24, 2024, 10:59:21 pm »
Not sure about all the decisions, but quite a few if not most were needless free kicks conceded on our part.  Everton looked dangerous from the first couple of set pieces.  That should’ve resulted in our players aiming to not concede cheap free kicks.  They done the opposite.

How can you have what Neville described as a throwback to the 80's derby in which Everton players were flying into tackles left right and centre. Bullying Liverpool players shall over the park and then have a 8 v 1 foul count in Everton's favour?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #558 on: April 24, 2024, 10:59:40 pm »
They dominated our box because Madley gave them an endless supply of free kicks and the completely ignored Virgil being blocked off.
Yes and no. We lost every single dead ball into the box tonight, that’s not just about Virgil or them getting free kicks they shouldn’t (such as the one that lead to their first goal). We didn’t compete in the area as we should. Konate had a shocker tonight. But he’s been bullied more and more of late which I don’t think was happening earlier in the season
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #559 on: April 24, 2024, 11:00:11 pm »
If I never see the clipped chip into the box to no one at all (made famous by Henderson) it will be too soon.