Author Topic: PL: Fulham 1 vs 3 Liverpool 33’ TAA 45+2’Castagne Grav 53’ Jota 73’  (Read 13719 times)

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
How slow is this thread after that confidence boosting win. Seems we prefer moaning to enjoying wins
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline David Struhme

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Great result, we're winning the league

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
How slow is this thread after that confidence boosting win. Seems we prefer moaning to enjoying wins

To be fair, there's often less to say! A good win well earned.  On to the next.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
Popped into the pre match thread and the first comment I saw after team sheets were released was that ‘this team should be good enough to get us a point hopefully’. Noped right out after that.

Could be a coping mechanism, could be people genuinely believing that, but by now if this team haven’t instilled belief it will never happen. Respectfully …
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline Buster Gonad

• Kopite
Brave line up but the freshness was needed. Great away result in one of our tougher fixtures.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Excellent win at a tricky ground ...Stepped it up second half . Gakpo motm .. played lad 👊.   
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
We needed that

GRAV needed it

Trent needed it

Jota needed it

GAKPO 100% starts the Derby… Get him running at an Ashley Young who will be well and truly under the spotlight following his THREE PENALTIES against Forest - Check complete, good process boys.
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
Hopefully that second half has shaken off whatever voodoo spell they were under these last few weeks. Only takes one guy to galvanise it, hopefully Jota is that man. Certainly looks as if he's in the ascendency.

Great to have Trent back too.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
JOTA was offside surely…
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
A very slow and pedestrian first half followed by a very good second half one. Hopefully that gives the players the boost they need.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
if we had dropped points it would have double the number of pages by now
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Get in!! keep going lads. Smash the bitters with Arsenal playing Chelsea.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
On Thursday there's was some legitimate fear we wouldn't win another game this season

Unlucky lads, better luck next time

Fucking brilliant win in a very difficult way match

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
JOTA was offside surely…
He looked on in real time. The camera angle is bent and not straight.

Look at the cut of the grass.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
To be fair, there's often less to say! A good win well earned.  On to the next.
Often nothing to say from those who moan most when things don’t go well.

There should be plenty to talk about.

A great free kick from Trent
A stunner from Gravenberch
Jota shaking off the rust
Gakpo MOTM
Robbo & Elliott’s constant energy
Endo’s second half improvement

Take your pick

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
Safe to say we fucking needed that!

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
Very good result. Heads could've dropped after the last few games with Fulham equalising.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
Often nothing to say from those who moan most when things don’t go well.

There should be plenty to talk about.

A great free kick from Trent
A stunner from Gravenberch
Jota shaking off the rust
Gakpo MOTM
Robbo & Elliott’s constant energy
Endo’s second half improvement

Take your pick

I would say you'll see that in the player threads but strangely it's Nunez's one that's bumped again.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
Some selection headaches for Wednesday.
I’d go with that same front 3.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Stan.

• drinks warm piss, and come back to him when Owen actually joins utd. Until then leeeeeave Micky aloooone!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Definitely played better the more beer I consumed…I definitely see a title winning formula emerging
Someday soon everyone will know the truth.  96 never forgotten.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Their only real chance of the half and it wasn't even a simple finish either. Typical Liverpool of recent times. I still think we'll win 1-3 though.

You're welcome :)

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Obviously a much better second half. Although Arnold got MOTM, Shout out to Gapko too, who’s been playing decently recently and same today.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Good win

2 wins in row. MOMENTUM!

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
I would say you'll see that in the player threads but strangely it's Nunez's one that's bumped again.
Pretty much proves the point I guess

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
I’d go with that same front 3.
Definitely

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
I also saw the pre match chat and it was pessimistic to say the least, but that starting 11 needed a refresh. The result says it all. Gritty performance and great finishing. Much more like it.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
Much better in the second half.

3 goals I think probably flatters us, I don't think we created an awful lot today even in the second half, but pleasingly we were clinical in the moments that mattered (basically the opposite of the Palace game, where I actually think we played better). But we looked a lot more solid in that second half and when we got the third, it felt like Fulham couldn't be arsed anymore and that's the benefit of scoring your chances - it demoralises the other team.

After 4 bad results on the spin, can't understate the importance of that win as a mini reset to go into the final 5. Bit more gametime and sharpness for Jota and Trent, lots of players rested and feels like those that started didn't have to expend too much energy especially in those last 20 minutes, so let's use it and go again against Everton.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
On Thursday there's was some legitimate fear we wouldn't win another game this season

Unlucky lads, better luck next time

Fucking brilliant win in a very difficult way match
I wouldn't say it was legitimate fear

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Mac was out on his feet, he wasn't benched he was rested and well deserved, he's played pretty much every minute for months

He also took a lot of punishment on Thursday. They were constantly hitting him after the ball had gone
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
Good second half, as soon as that Gravenberch goal hit the net from open play our confidence definitely returned. We’d have won this league by now if we hadn’t lost Trent and Jota to injury. Neither City or Arsenal could’ve coped with the amount of injuries we’ve had all season and dug through it with the kids. We have no right to be joint top of the league with 5 games to go, Klopp’s performed miracles, no other manager would have us there. It’ll be our greatest achievement ever should he pull this off.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
Great result, away from home in a tricky game. Midweek win followed by a an away PL win to keep Liverpool in the hunt and back to second. What's also encouraging is how tired City look. many a slip betwixth cup and lip, but whatever, it's looking good for the incoming manager (CL is nearly there) and Liverpool's ability to attract top players. Big reward too for the newbies, silverware in their first season, likely Cl in the next season and competing at the top of the league. All good. I do wonder how much damage the Europa League run did.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I wouldn't say it was legitimate fear

It felt pretty legitimate for them who said it.

Although they aren't necessarily serious people

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Much better in the second half.

3 goals I think probably flatters us, I don't think we created an awful lot today even in the second half, but pleasingly we were clinical in the moments that mattered (basically the opposite of the Palace game, where I actually think we played better). But we looked a lot more solid in that second half and when we got the third, it felt like Fulham couldn't be arsed anymore and that's the benefit of scoring your chances - it demoralises the other team.

After 4 bad results on the spin, can't understate the importance of that win as a mini reset to go into the final 5. Bit more gametime and sharpness for Jota and Trent, lots of players rested and feels like those that started didn't have to expend too much energy especially in those last 20 minutes, so let's use it and go again against Everton.
we totally dominated the game, the result didn't flatter us at all.

Fulham had a decent 10 minutes at the end of the first half and created one chance in that time which they scored.

After the break I don't think they had a shot until Macca gave the ball away when we were 3-1 up and Ali made a great save and then got up quickly to cover the second shot

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
It wasn't the best goal of the 3 in terms of quality of finish but I loved the Jota goal in particular. A real 'Klopp goal' and it's been a while waiting for some goals from open play!

Offline WestieRed

• Main Stander
  • BELIEVER
Trent’s goal was brilliant, you could sense he would score that, but I especially loved Jota’s poachers goal. He’s so good.
Great to see the smiles back on the players faces at the end too, been a tough time for them for sure, collective form just dropping off a cliff.

We are still right in this, and I’m living - and loving - every moment. It’s what it’s all about for me!

Travelling Kop were ace!

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
Excellent second half performance. Hopefully that’s us out this mini slump now and we can try and push through these last 5 games. City play Brighton during the week which on paper is one of their hardest remaining games. Just need to hope now and hopefully put the pressure before they play

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
Gakpo gets so much more involved in the game in his left sided position. Thought he was one of our best players. Endo picked up his a game a lot better second half I thought. It helped us massively Fulham barely attacked us all second half and enabled us to start creating chances

Jota brings so much more confidence to our counter attacks, I actually feel excited watching us break away again. Such a smart player
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Great result, away from home in a tricky game. Midweek win followed by a an away PL win to keep Liverpool in the hunt and back to second. What's also encouraging is how tired City look. many a slip betwixth cup and lip, but whatever, it's looking good for the incoming manager (CL is nearly there) and Liverpool's ability to attract top players. Big reward too for the newbies, silverware in their first season, likely Cl in the next season and competing at the top of the league. All good. I do wonder how much damage the Europa League run did.
If Spurs are going to catch us for top 4, they have to beat Arsenal and City which is good news for us

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Assuming all those who’d thrown the towel in before the game have done the decent thing and decided not to comment post match.

So nice to see a couple of goals from open play. And what a difference having Trent back means. A moment of quality to break the deadlock.

All we can do is win the next game and see where it takes us. One down, five to go.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
Goals at last, a very nice performance and just what was needed. Lets kick on from here, see what happens!
- all in my opinion of course -