Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 3 v Burnley 1 Jota 30', O'Shea 45', Diaz 52' Darwin 79'  (Read 14330 times)

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PL: Liverpool 3 v Burnley 1 Jota 30', O'Shea 45', Diaz 52' Darwin 79'
« Reply #320 on: February 11, 2024, 04:53:01 am »
Jota, Nunez, Curtis, Endo, Harvey, Kelleher - all class.

Kelleher easily my MotM. Two stupendous 1-v-1 saves that Alli would be proud of.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: February 11, 2024, 04:55:05 am »
Anyone know the last time we had 3 headed goals in a match?
Watford 18/19?
https://youtu.be/WVvQsl6_V-Y?si=TTqrfaEpiDhjOGu1
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 04:57:09 am by MonsLibpool »

Offline Bastion Of Invincibility

• Anny Roader
« Reply #322 on: February 11, 2024, 07:07:03 am »
Any injury-related reason Gravenberch didn't get on?

The difference in this team with and without Núñez is night and day. 3rd name on the team sheet after Alisson and Virg for me.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: February 11, 2024, 07:50:10 am »
Good win given the absences, going to need a few back for Brentford though.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #324 on: February 11, 2024, 08:10:04 am »
Good win given the absences, going to need a few back for Brentford though.

Who should be back by next week? You’d hope anyone struggling with illness will be fine by then. Konate will be back too which helps. Bradley too possibly if he’s ok. Not sure about the longer term ones like Mo and Szoboszlai

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: February 11, 2024, 08:20:09 am »
Who should be back by next week? You’d hope anyone struggling with illness will be fine by then. Konate will be back too which helps. Bradley too possibly if he’s ok. Not sure about the longer term ones like Mo and Szoboszlai
Last presser Klopp said Mo could be back for Brentford.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: February 11, 2024, 08:21:57 am »
Think just having Konate, Alison and Gomez back would be helpful vs their set pieces

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: February 11, 2024, 08:30:03 am »

The difference in this team with and without Núñez is night and day. 3rd name on the team sheet after Alisson and Virg for me.

Not sure its possible he may have had an illness to but recovered quicker than Alisson/Gomez.

Klopp may have wanted to give young kids a taste of Anfield with the game won.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: February 11, 2024, 08:33:58 am »
Not sure its possible he may have had an illness to but recovered quicker than Alisson/Gomez.

Klopp may have wanted to give young kids a taste of Anfield with the game won.

Thought he had flu?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #329 on: February 11, 2024, 08:35:27 am »
Well today's was a definite foul. There is no need for the afters, you have to control yourself even if you don't agree with the decision, has got a way with a few dissent situations this season too.

As do plenty of other players every single week. Look at the way Arsenal carry on.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #330 on: February 11, 2024, 09:29:40 am »
Think just having Konate, Alison and Gomez back would be helpful vs their set pieces

Definitely. Can see Gomez starting at right back next week.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: February 11, 2024, 10:16:06 am »
Just a shout out to Kelleher… made a superb save at 0-0 early on, and similar when the Burnley guy went through in the 2nd half.
In regards of those two chances we conceded quickly I’m sure the first one he controlled the ball with his arm when he broke through and the second looked offside.
Anyway very happy… needed the win after last week, let’s go to a hard game at Brentford with more players available.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #332 on: February 11, 2024, 10:45:01 am »

Think in the press conference Klopp said Gravenberch felt something in the warm up that made him not want to risk him during the game.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #333 on: February 11, 2024, 10:51:12 am »
Yesterday was just one of those games you get in a season that it was all about just putting 3 points on the table, many absences, just win even if its ugly.

Those 2 one on ones we conceded made it edgey but well played Kelleher, Good impact from Elliott from the bench again, good to have Endo and Robbo back, and Jota yet again with the opening goal of the match.

Hopefully Allison, Bradley, Konate, Gomez available for the next match.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #334 on: February 11, 2024, 10:59:14 am »
The commentators on my stream were doing my head in. They had come up with a narrative that Burnley were by far the better team the first 30 minutes, that our first goal was "against the grain", and then they stuck to that line religiously throughout. It was bizarre. Felt like I had been watching a different game.

Not saying Burnley didn't make it difficult for us, and we had a fairly slow start. But by the time we scored we were definitevely on the front foot, and that goal was the result of about 4 or 5 different attacks in succession.

Either way, chuffed with 3 points, and with so many players out. Great to see Endo back as well.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: February 11, 2024, 11:14:45 am »
Watchin back on MotD that looked like an easy enough win but watching live yesterday it seemed anything but!

Was pleased with the fight and determination and no one gave up, across the board our lads kept at it and got their just rewards.

Darwin has got his goals and his assists but doesn't seem to get much credit for being a real pain in the ass to opposing teams, he just keeps going and causes lots of problems popping up time after time, creating space for others, chasing lost causes and preventing the opposition from settling down. Love it!

Also found it interesting that Chelsea owned David Fofana, from the moment he he walked down the tunnel and got on the pitch looked like he was so happy to be playing at Anfield, he was constantly looking at the kop and i swear he had starry eyes - I wonder if he's actually a Liverpool fan.  ;)

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #336 on: February 11, 2024, 11:22:57 am »
Went the game so have a few thoughts that can’t necessarily be gleaned from highlights packages:

• ⁠MacAllister has been low-key our best midfielder this season, but I think he’s a ‘3-in-4’ player. What I mean by that is he works hard but fatigues due to his role, so where games are coming thick and fast he needs to be rested for 25-33% of those matches, where possible.

• Endo was very good.
    • ⁠Elliott was a game winner from the bench, not for the first time this season.

• We were sloppy and poor. Weak opponents meant we weren’t punished for it. We need to reset and move on, with another few days for key players to get fit again.

• Robertson was understandably off it and so one footed it causes issues with passing on the outside where there’s pressure. Club legend, but needs to be eased in. If the entire team was fully fit, I would absolutely be playing Gomez at left back. More solid defensively, makes better decisions on the ball.

- The referee was petrified of making a decision, the linesman on the Annie Road end was behind the play consistently. Esteve fouled Darwin about 3 times without Nunez getting a decision, and on two of those occasions, fouls were called against Darwin.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 11:26:02 am by Drinks Sangria »
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #337 on: February 11, 2024, 11:36:26 am »
An unusual game - 4 goals from 4 headers.

I haven’t read the thread - has anybody pointed out that Diaz was dragged down from behind by the defender as he tried to convert a tap-in from Nunez’ cross at 1-0?

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #338 on: February 11, 2024, 01:29:24 pm »
That lino on the Kemlyn end got absolute dogs abuse, and rightly so. Him and the ref were absolutely awful yesterday, luckily they didn't affect the result. But that drag down on Nunez in the first half that went unpunished, and the dives that he gave to Burnley was just Tierney-esque.

That full Annie Road end was so loud at time and looked glorious in that sunshine!

We looked flat and very untidy but these injuries are really starting to show.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
« Reply #339 on: February 11, 2024, 01:55:44 pm »
An unusual game - 4 goals from 4 headers.

I haven’t read the thread - has anybody pointed out that Diaz was dragged down from behind by the defender as he tried to convert a tap-in from Nunez’ cross at 1-0?

The commentators on my stream barely gave it a mention, but I think that non-decision was what prompted the yellow card for JK.  I think that was the one (of many) that really set him off. 

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #340 on: February 11, 2024, 02:21:49 pm »
The commentators on my stream barely gave it a mention, but I think that non-decision was what prompted the yellow card for JK.  I think that was the one (of many) that really set him off.
Klopp was booked after complaining about the non-penalty on Jota.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #341 on: February 11, 2024, 02:41:49 pm »
Enjoyed the game. Reds did really well.

The ref and linesmen can fuck off. How the fuck can't we have someone that actually fucking refs the game fairly. Gang of c*nts.

Men clearly can't be trusted to do the job. Time to get the women in - they'll do 1000% better than these fucking arseholes.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: February 11, 2024, 02:44:26 pm »
Enjoyed the game. Reds did really well.

The ref and linesmen can fuck off. How the fuck can't we have someone that actually fucking refs the game fairly. Gang of c*nts.

Men clearly can't be trusted to do the job. Time to get the women in - they'll do 1000% better than these fucking arseholes.

I was working so had 5 live on - the comms couldn't believe how long the VAR checks took for the second and he said "they're trying to find domething to disallow the goal for", he knew it was a clean goal straight away.
Jurgen YNWA

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: February 11, 2024, 03:13:41 pm »
• Robertson was understandably off it and so one footed it causes issues with passing on the outside where there’s pressure. Club legend, but needs to be eased in. If the entire team was fully fit, I would absolutely be playing Gomez at left back. More solid defensively, makes better decisions on the ball.

This is going to be an increasing problem as his athleticism begins to dip a little. His upsides have been so big that this weakness hasn't mattered but the upsides are a little less than they were.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: February 11, 2024, 03:31:26 pm »
And Robbo is 30 next month so I think this season really needs to be his retirement swansong. Love you Andy  :sad

Online Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: February 11, 2024, 03:46:48 pm »
And Robbo is 30 next month so I think this season really needs to be his retirement swansong. Love you Andy  :sad

Potentially this but unsarcastically. Players who've been run into the ground by the Klopp template for 5+ years sometimes seem to decline quite quickly. See also Gini, Fabinho, Henderson, Firmino.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #346 on: February 11, 2024, 04:30:54 pm »
This is going to be an increasing problem as his athleticism begins to dip a little. His upsides have been so big that this weakness hasn't mattered but the upsides are a little less than they were.
I’ve never been Robertson’s biggest fan - though respect how he’s maximised his game, but even prior to the injury at best he was inconsistent for 12 months prior.

I do think, if it’s Alonso, he will absolutely be needing a more technical fullback to play that role. And it’s fair to say that no one has put the miles in that Andy Robertson has. Grimaldo doesn’t suit our transfer profile, but I also don’t think Robertson is the modern full back that Alonso or Amorim would favour. Look at what Alonso expects of Frimpong on the other side.

I don’t love talking about replacing a club legend but also don’t think that talking about his decline is reactionary; we look far more convincing with Gomez at left back than we have defensively for 18 months in my mind. Robbo has his part to play still, but I do wonder if he’d be a high-profile victim of change in the summer.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #347 on: February 11, 2024, 04:49:06 pm »
Bloody hell Robbo comes back from 4 months out puts in a good shift. And the usual suspects are writing him off.
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #348 on: February 11, 2024, 04:59:29 pm »
So Robertson has been one of the best left backs in the country under Klopp, but he’s not good enough for Alonso 😂
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: February 11, 2024, 05:11:58 pm »
I’ve never been Robertson’s biggest fan - though respect how he’s maximised his game, but even prior to the injury at best he was inconsistent for 12 months prior.

I do think, if it’s Alonso, he will absolutely be needing a more technical fullback to play that role. And it’s fair to say that no one has put the miles in that Andy Robertson has. Grimaldo doesn’t suit our transfer profile, but I also don’t think Robertson is the modern full back that Alonso or Amorim would favour. Look at what Alonso expects of Frimpong on the other side.

I don’t love talking about replacing a club legend but also don’t think that talking about his decline is reactionary; we look far more convincing with Gomez at left back than we have defensively for 18 months in my mind. Robbo has his part to play still, but I do wonder if he’d be a high-profile victim of change in the summer.

Jesus wept. He was the best left back in Europe for a number of seasons.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: February 11, 2024, 05:42:26 pm »
DS is right, Robbo has limitations in this new setup where Trent inverts.  The man is ridculously one footed that he uses his right foot to keep upright and nothing else.

It doesn't take away what he'sdone for us in previous years but we will have to think about a long term replacment for him anyway.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: February 11, 2024, 05:48:24 pm »

Christ, what more could he do?

And as for his character, he'd run through a brick wall for the club. He's the sort of character that this club is founded on, and if they desire more success in the future, will need to use Robbo as a benchmark.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #353 on: February 11, 2024, 06:09:17 pm »
Jesus, how could he make record numbers of assists without technique?

Online Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: February 11, 2024, 06:13:09 pm »
Some of the replies to DS are everything wrong with this forum. DS made a well reasoned out post and in response he mostly gets vitriol with no engagement with the actual substance of his post. This isn't the playground fellas. And DS is one of the best posters on this site. Usual suspects is just bizarre.

Bloody hell Robbo comes back from 4 months out puts in a good shift. And the usual suspects are writing him off.

So Robertson has been one of the best left backs in the country under Klopp, but he’s not good enough for Alonso 😂

Jesus wept. He was the best left back in Europe for a number of seasons.

Jesus, how could he make record numbers of assists without technique?

Christ, what more could he do?

And as for his character, he'd run through a brick wall for the club. He's the sort of character that this club is founded on, and if they desire more success in the future, will need to use Robbo as a benchmark.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 06:17:04 pm by Knight »

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: February 11, 2024, 06:32:36 pm »
Some of the replies to DS are everything wrong with this forum. DS made a well reasoned out post and in response he mostly gets vitriol with no engagement with the actual substance of his post. This isn't the playground fellas. And DS is one of the best posters on this site. Usual suspects is just bizarre.

Yet here you are making up nonsense about "vitriol"!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: February 11, 2024, 06:34:07 pm »
No one understands football as much as Knight.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #357 on: February 11, 2024, 06:47:20 pm »
A) no-one is forcing you stay on this forum if you don’t like what’s being posted.

B) no-one has asked you to police it.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: February 11, 2024, 06:56:57 pm »
Robertson done well in the 2nd half with space but i do agree long term question marks if he is a starter
Still can be a good player though. I agree Gomez has done better

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: February 11, 2024, 06:58:47 pm »

Why?