Author Topic: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance  (Read 253662 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Reply #440 on: February 28, 2024, 11:28:44 pm »
One game at a time.

We kee passing the tests even when I start to think the injuries may catch up with us. Still a while to go before we get a break of some sort and theee competitions still up for grabs.

Everything still feels on a knife edge. Fail to win once in the league and it’s likely out of our hands. FA Cup, United away. We should be the better depend but a lot will depend on what side we put out. Win there and we’ll most likely still have to take care of City too. Europa League, we are favourites and should get through against Sparta but we will have to gamble a little with selections, especially in the away leg. One bad performance and we could be in trouble.

It’s fair to worry about everything that lies Achaea’s. But then…then you think of everything we’ve overcome in these last few weeks and think, just keep rolling on. One game at a time.

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #441 on: February 28, 2024, 11:51:21 pm »
Forest are lower down but they have some players who can hurt anyone, and if fit, Elanga and Awoniyi are a handful.

Hopefully we have Nunez and Salah back, and if they don’t play the whole game hopefully they see an hour or so and do well. It’s vital to keep winning in the league.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: February 29, 2024, 12:17:34 pm »
Just need to beat Forest so we go into City with 3 home games in the league on the bounce around the other competitions. It’s imperative we go into it ahead of them.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: February 29, 2024, 01:19:20 pm »
Such a crucial period. On paper city's fixtures are more difficult until the final few games. Keep finding a way to win and put pressure on them and we've got a great chance to open a gap on them going into the final few weeks. Give them any encouragement though and they'll take it.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #444 on: February 29, 2024, 01:55:05 pm »
Forest are lower down but they have some players who can hurt anyone, and if fit, Elanga and Awoniyi are a handful.

Hopefully we have Nunez and Salah back, and if they don’t play the whole game hopefully they see an hour or so and do well. It’s vital to keep winning in the league.
Thankfully our defence has been the least affected by injuries, I expect Endo and Mac to be back as well but so defensively we should be okay. Without Salah and Nunez though, it's been a chore breaking down defenses, and Diaz looked knackered on Sunday.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #445 on: February 29, 2024, 02:00:18 pm »
Worried about the forest game with our injuries but the one thing i am taking to heart is our defence looks solid (enough!). And kelleher in last 2 games looks a more than able backup

We need to grind out a dirty away win this weekend and having a decent defence is a massive part of that
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 02:01:58 pm by redk84 »
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #446 on: February 29, 2024, 02:07:41 pm »
Diaz not playing a single minute last night is huge. He can play the full 90 minutes

VVD only played 45 mins with Konate coming in. Fresh ish legs.

Robertson should hopefully be over his illness.

The next few weeks are going to be hard. But get to that international break still in contention then we have a shot at greatness

Offline Gerard00

• Anny Roader
« Reply #447 on: March 1, 2024, 12:22:44 pm »
Its a big ask but beating City at home and Utd, Everton and Villa all away would give us a great shout. Dropping points in any of those would most likely be terminal unless Arsenal and City draw in their game.

Can't see past the cheats though given their track record at this stage.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #448 on: March 1, 2024, 12:30:53 pm »
Its a big ask but beating City at home and Utd, Everton and Villa all away would give us a great shout. Dropping points in any of those would most likely be terminal unless Arsenal and City draw in their game.

If we beat City then surely we can afford a draw (or two) in the other big games. Assuming Arsenal don’t win all their remaining games, which I don’t think we will. Think it’s crucial we win all the games we should be winning, but beating Ciry would give us a buffer again.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #449 on: March 1, 2024, 12:34:29 pm »

If we won those four I'd be absolutely flabbergasted if we didnt win the league.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #450 on: March 1, 2024, 01:44:15 pm »
If we won those four I'd be absolutely flabbergasted if we didnt win the league.

Seriously.  That goes without saying surely.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: March 1, 2024, 01:52:44 pm »
If we beat City then surely we can afford a draw (or two) in the other big games. Assuming Arsenal don’t win all their remaining games, which I don’t think we will. Think it’s crucial we win all the games we should be winning, but beating Ciry would give us a buffer again.

Agree.

Beat City and we are looking very good.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #452 on: March 1, 2024, 03:35:17 pm »

I feel the same way re: City but we're obviously in a great position ourselves. The home games on paper are really nice. City will obviously be hard even if every player was available. Away ones will provide a few tough tests, we don't win at Everton or United every year that's for sure but I'd fancy us to beat them if we absolutely need to.

One game at a time and all but I've felt for weeks providing we did the little jobs (Luton/Burnley home for example) that Forest and City would be deciders. Still think we absolutely need to win both of them, four points would be somewhat underwhelming but keep us more than within a shout, anything less a bit of a worry even with ten to play. Arsenal still in the mix but they need to win practically every game whilst still being in Europe. If we can open that little bit of a gap with City going into the international break and can get players back I really think we'd be well equipped to keep going and winning every game as if it were a cup final.

All we have to do tomorrow is win. Do that and everyone will go into the City game knowing what another win there will do for our chances. Should be a great atmosphere regardless of what happens in the meantime.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: March 2, 2024, 05:40:01 pm »
Massive win, roll up cheats, Anfield awaits you.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: March 2, 2024, 05:40:52 pm »
One game at a time. 11 games are a lot.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: March 2, 2024, 05:50:20 pm »
Today was gigantinormous. Games like this kill those hoping we drop points.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #456 on: March 2, 2024, 05:54:18 pm »
Since the Arsenal game we’ve had four potential banana skins sandwiched between cup games and a silly amount of injuries, and we’ve won all four with a +9 GD. Just a phenomenal mentality

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #457 on: March 2, 2024, 05:55:47 pm »
That's all we needed to do for today. And if we do all we need to do next week it starts to look even more promising. A game of huge proportions that is. The atmosphere should be electric and the belief will be through the roof if we win. Draw not terrible probably but I think with ten games to play following it, it'd suit City more, especially if they keep the pressure on tomorrow. Just hope we don't let the opportunity pass us by.

Game by game though, and we have a job to do in Europe on Thursday. Nunez/Szoboszlai/Endo all in from the start I'd imagine, and a decent chance to take a lead back to Anfield.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: March 2, 2024, 05:58:28 pm »
Since the Arsenal game we’ve had four potential banana skins sandwiched between cup games and a silly amount of injuries, and we’ve won all four with a +9 GD. Just a phenomenal mentality

I honestly don't know how we've done it. It's all well and good being Arsenal and cruising games with zero injuries and plenty of prep time but for us to have kept winning in this period is genuinely sensational.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline actwithoutwords

• postswithoutreading
  • Kopite
« Reply #459 on: March 2, 2024, 06:05:23 pm »
What a win that was then.
So important to keep the show on the road when we're creaking like this. Only one league game between now and the 31st.
Need Anfield in full feral mode. Can't wait.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #460 on: March 2, 2024, 06:49:40 pm »
What a win that was then.
So important to keep the show on the road when we're creaking like this. Only one league game between now and the 31st.
Need Anfield in full feral mode. Can't wait.

It ws fairly feral when we beat them at home the year we won.

Fab scored early too.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #461 on: March 2, 2024, 07:45:38 pm »
Bring on the buses.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: March 2, 2024, 08:27:16 pm »
If we beat Abu Dhabi, it's on like Donkey Kong.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: March 2, 2024, 08:38:20 pm »
Any hope of United doing us a favour tomorrow? They never tend to, although they did beat city at the Etihad the year we won it. We were pretty well clear by then if I remember correctly.

Offline harrylfc

• Legacy Fan
  • XABI'S MATE
« Reply #464 on: March 2, 2024, 08:41:12 pm »
That really did feel like a Mane at villa 19/20 moment…

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: March 2, 2024, 08:44:18 pm »
Any hope of United doing us a favour tomorrow? They never tend to, although they did beat city at the Etihad the year we won it. We were pretty well clear by then if I remember correctly.

City will batter United

we need to beat them at Anfield, a draw and they’re still favourites, we look dead on our feet with so many injuries, can’t keep expecting the team to dig that deep every game, we need to win easier

Offline Air Jota

• Main Stander
« Reply #466 on: March 2, 2024, 09:13:31 pm »
One game at a time. We got players coming back and have young players booming with confidence to help us rotate.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: March 2, 2024, 09:21:04 pm »
can’t keep expecting the team to dig that deep every game, we need to win easier

This, disgusting our second choice attack and ravaged midfield couldn't have us 3 up by 50mins today.

Offline Air Jota

• Main Stander
« Reply #468 on: March 2, 2024, 09:31:56 pm »
We played 4 games in 11 days without being able to rotate properly, of course we looked dead on our feet

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: March 2, 2024, 09:35:31 pm »
City will batter United

we need to beat them at Anfield, a draw and they’re still favourites, we look dead on our feet with so many injuries, can’t keep expecting the team to dig that deep every game, we need to win easier

What are you on about? Apart from this game and the cup final we’ve been winning most games reasonably comfortably.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #470 on: March 2, 2024, 09:37:39 pm »
can’t keep expecting the team to dig that deep every game, we need to win easier

Yeah, we need to be more like City who beat Bournemouth by (checks notes) 1-0 and beat Brentford by (checks notes) 1-0....

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #471 on: March 2, 2024, 09:38:54 pm »
Somebody get on the phone to Jurgen.... "win easier"
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #472 on: March 2, 2024, 09:41:04 pm »
That really did feel like a Mane at villa 19/20 moment…

This is funny that you should say this . I met was it is now a good friend that day that in my local ' cos I said to him Iam going for a lucky piss . I was with him today having a pint and says to him Iam going for a lucky piss again .  Is right.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: March 2, 2024, 09:59:18 pm »
The Documentary being filmed right now is going to amazing.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #474 on: March 2, 2024, 10:04:46 pm »
City will batter United

Are you still going on about this? Do you ever enjoy a result like this? What exactly do you expect the team to do with so many players still missing anyway? We have well beaten other teams in the run.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: March 2, 2024, 10:09:32 pm »
Are you still going on about this? Do you ever enjoy a result like this? What exactly do you expect the team to do with so many players still missing anyway? We have well beaten other teams in the run.

My missus said today we remind her of them under Fergie, look down and out but still win games, especially in Fergie time ;D

Said to the kids, these players never give up, they fight til the death, I love it when we score last minute winners, its brilliant
Jurgen YNWA

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #476 on: March 2, 2024, 10:11:42 pm »
My missus said today we remind her of them under Fergie, look down and out but still win games, especially in Fergie time ;D

Said to the kids, these players never give up, they fight til the death, I love it when we score last minute winners, its brilliant

The best time to win especially when it's too late for the other team to react. 😄
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: March 2, 2024, 10:12:58 pm »
Next three Pl games are all at home as the Everton away has been postponed

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #478 on: March 2, 2024, 10:41:43 pm »
One match at a time. I believe in this group of players.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #479 on: March 2, 2024, 11:30:14 pm »
It’s always been said that to win the league you need to win home and away against the bottom ten. Being kind to Chelsea and saying they win their game in hand and go tenth, pushing wolves down to eleventh, we’ve only dropped two points home and away against the bottom 10. Incredible consistency.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored