Author Topic: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance  (Read 248093 times)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Reply #3920 on: April 14, 2024, 09:11:11 pm »
One week. The United draw was on the 7th.
Our slump started from the cup loss to those. Almost a month ago.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Cozzymoto

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3921 on: April 14, 2024, 09:11:52 pm »
It's a long shot but they do have an appalling record at Spurs - this is Klopp's farewell so maybe football Gods will gift us a little bit of magic for an epic goodbye.

The football gods has never ever been good to us. Even when we did win the league there was talk of league abandonment when Covid hit.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3922 on: April 14, 2024, 09:11:58 pm »
I don't think City's games are easy on paper. Luton at home was their gimme which conveniently fell in between the Real Madrid tie.

Brighton, Fulham, Spurs and Forest away aren't easy games - put it this way they're 4 games we'd struggle to win. They'll likely win 3 or all of them but they could easily get a draw in there given their cup commitments (and if they go through midweek).

Issue with Spurs playing them last midweek of the season is they won't want to let Arsenal in so you won't get the hostile atmosphere needed.

They're in a fight for top 4 so not a chance they won't put a shift in if CL place is still a possibility.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3923 on: April 14, 2024, 09:12:14 pm »

That's when my slump started too.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #3924 on: April 14, 2024, 09:13:00 pm »
And people are retrospectively talking about the refs when we’ve also been responsible for dropping pts vs Utd in particular. Let’s focus on ourselves

But the decision in that City match is monumental.

And the VAR audio is describing a completely different incident.

Oliver fucking off to officiate abroad is shady as fuck too.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3925 on: April 14, 2024, 09:14:00 pm »
They're in a fight for top 4 so not a chance they won't put a shift in if CL place is still a possibility.

That point is true but if Arsenal/City go through to SF then obviously one makes the final if that happens 5th is enough.

City are winning out here seen it before and lots of people say they aren’t as good as 2018, 2022 etc but they carry on doing what they always do which is cheat and win

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3926 on: April 14, 2024, 09:15:43 pm »
That point is true but if Arsenal/City go through to SF then obviously one makes the final if that happens 5th is enough.

City are winning out here seen it before and lots of people say they aren’t as good as 2018, 2022 etc but they carry on doing what they always do which is cheat and win
Doesn't look like 5th will be enough for England to get an extra CL place.

Offline Cozzymoto

• Main Stander
« Reply #3927 on: April 14, 2024, 09:16:14 pm »

No doubt but we should have buried City in the 2nd half with all those chances we had. Same old story, as today. Can’t put it in the back of the net.

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3928 on: April 14, 2024, 09:16:52 pm »
No doubt but we should have buried City in the 2nd half with all those chances we had. Same old story, as today. Can’t put it in the back of the net.

Players miss chances. Referees, with VAR, should not be making mistakes.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3929 on: April 14, 2024, 09:16:53 pm »

Exactly momentum is everything in sport and that game made me really think without saying it we not win this.

Oliver “No no no penalty geordie c*nt” he basically TOLD VAR not to give it and he also was the c*nt who didn’t send Pickford off for fucking up VVD.

Foreign officials is the only way

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #3930 on: April 14, 2024, 09:16:56 pm »

Yet we have scored the most goals in Europe.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3931 on: April 14, 2024, 09:17:04 pm »

Is that the City who have failed to win 10 of their 32 League games. Who have drawn two of their last 5 League games and have a really congested finish to the season.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #3932 on: April 14, 2024, 09:18:05 pm »
All we can do is win the next two.

It will be fucking hard but that would put us ahead of City by four before they play again.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3933 on: April 14, 2024, 09:18:08 pm »
It would only count next week, if it happens. Sparta. We put 11 past them that distorts the statistics.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3934 on: April 14, 2024, 09:19:22 pm »
Is that the City who have failed to win 10 of their 32 League games. Who have drawn two of their last 5 League games and have a really congested finish to the season.

Yeah it is we’ll see when they have played the 6 games who is right won’t we

Those 2 draws were also at Anfield and against Arsenal.

They now play fodder they are good are smashing fodder.

Offline Cozzymoto

• Main Stander
« Reply #3935 on: April 14, 2024, 09:19:30 pm »

Yeah but means nought when we don’t score where it matters? So while we have shit decisions with refs and var I’m not holding that as the main reason we are, where we are.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #3936 on: April 14, 2024, 09:20:21 pm »
It would only count next week, if it happens. Sparta. We put 11 past them that distorts the statistics.

Fuck me.

It’s almost like you point out a fact then people dismiss to suit some weird agenda.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #3937 on: April 14, 2024, 09:20:51 pm »
City haven't lost since December. Pep doesn't mess it up 6 games out, they're ice cold when the pressure is on in the league.
By they do you mean the pgmol?
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3938 on: April 14, 2024, 09:23:39 pm »

Exactly.

People too quick to just decide they’re going to win every game, they might but they could easily not do.

Issue for me is the fact that we probably need them to lose one or draw two which is the iffy bit, although not impossible we turn that GD around.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3939 on: April 14, 2024, 09:24:14 pm »
Fuck me.

It’s almost like you point out a fact then people dismiss to suit some weird agenda.
I'm pointing that the fact has little meaning in the context. We needed only 3 goals against Sparta to overcome them. We scored 11. The extra 8 beef up the statistics that you point to. So fucking what? Do Atalanta care about that statistic? Would that get us through to the next round? What were you trying to prove by bringing a meaningless fact (yes, it's a fact)? That because we scored 11 past Sparta, we could have scored against City with the same ease?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #3940 on: April 14, 2024, 09:25:10 pm »
I'm pointing that the fact has little meaning in the context. We needed only 3 goals against Sparta to overcome them. We scored 11. The extra 8 beef up the statistics that you point to. So fucking what? Do Atalanta care about that statistic? Would that get us through to the next round? What were you trying to prove by bringing a meaningless fact (yes, it's a fact)? That because we scored 11 past Sparta, we could have scored against City with the same ease?

We are the highest scorers in all European Leagues right ?

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3941 on: April 14, 2024, 09:25:37 pm »
We are the highest scorers in all European Leagues right ?
Yay, another trophy!

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3942 on: April 14, 2024, 09:25:59 pm »

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3943 on: April 14, 2024, 09:26:13 pm »
Exactly.

People too quick to just decide they’re going to win every game, they might but they could easily not do.

Issue for me is the fact that we probably need them to lose one or draw two which is the iffy bit, although not impossible we turn that GD around.

Look at their fixtures do you see them not beating them all seriously ?

I hope I’m wrong but no chance they do but even so I wouldn’t be confident LFC/AFC win out either so these fuckers have another in the bag.

Offline Heritage

• Main Stander
  • Boot Room Fanatic
« Reply #3944 on: April 14, 2024, 09:26:58 pm »
Disagreed. We won against Brighton and Sheffield after losing at Old Trafford in the cup. But last week drew with United and since then we have lost consecutive games at Anfield, and lost the advantage for each competition we're still in. It's this week for me. If you think winning 2-1 to brighton and 3-1 to sheffield is a slump based on the actual performances... I've got bad news, we've been putting in performances like that all season  ;D
🔥97🔥

🏆 x 42

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3945 on: April 14, 2024, 09:28:12 pm »
I genuinely think some posters on here these days aren't happy unless we're losing, so they have something to moan about on the Endo/Darwin/insert current scapegoat here threads.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #3946 on: April 14, 2024, 09:30:00 pm »
I genuinely think some posters on here these days aren't happy unless we're losing, so they have something to moan about on the Endo/Darwin/insert current scapegoat here threads.

I am not sure people realise how good it has been under Klopp.

Maybe, it is because City have fucked things with needing 90 plus points to win every title and the need for almost perfection each season.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3947 on: April 14, 2024, 09:31:49 pm »
Disagreed. We won against Brighton and Sheffield after losing at Old Trafford in the cup. But last week drew with United and since then we have lost consecutive games at Anfield, and lost the advantage for each competition we're still in. It's this week for me. If you think winning 2-1 to brighton and 3-1 to sheffield is a slump based on the actual performances... I've got bad news, we've been putting in performances like that all season  ;D
I remember the games, I've been shitting glass shards during the Brighton one... And Sheffield were/are bottom for a reason. I don't think those performances are something to go by as an example... But I'd put it to differences in opinion.

Offline DHRED

• Main Stander
« Reply #3948 on: April 14, 2024, 09:37:05 pm »

We’ve got the worst record in the top 6 games

We were flat track bullies for most of the season but now we can’t even beat shite like palace.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #3949 on: April 14, 2024, 09:40:09 pm »

We were flat track bullies for most of the season but now we can’t even beat shite like palace.

Ok.

I don’t know what you point is.

Palace aren’t shite. We should have still won though.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3950 on: April 14, 2024, 09:41:41 pm »
I don't think it's over by a long shot, the top 3 table has literally just reversed over the space of just over a week and there's still 6 games to go with all 3 teams evidently vulnerable to dropping points.

Unfortunately however, we look by far the most vulnerable of all right now, and so for sanity's sake, I'm resigned to another season of huge promise ending in flat disappointment, whilst still desperately hoping for one last comeback to see Jurgen off as he so hugely deserves. Whether that's in the PL or EL I'm not actually that fussy.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3951 on: April 14, 2024, 09:42:27 pm »
Klopp has done well in what would otherwise be a transitional season to get us challenging for the league. Ultimately though we're too open at the back and ship too many goals god knows how many times we've conceded first in a game and our finishing is erratic to put it mildly. We haven't put in many vintage performances this season which I think is telling there's only so long you can keep grinding out results without playing particularly well l before you revert to the mean. Again all credit to Klopp and the players battling through the injuries but it's just a been a bridge too far this season.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 09:44:00 pm by Shankly998 »

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3952 on: April 14, 2024, 09:42:30 pm »
I am not sure people realise how good it has been under Klopp.

Maybe, it is because City have fucked things with needing 90 plus points to win every title and the need for almost perfection each season.

I’m certainly well aware of it and we should really have 3-4 titles under him if things were above board shall we say.

We could get a new guy and we storm it next year but that isn’t likely is it I think next year is same again try get CL footy again and watch these knobs cheat there way title 7/8 seasons and apparently it’s the best league in the world what for the worst officials in the world well that last part is true for sure.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3953 on: April 14, 2024, 09:42:40 pm »

Is that true though.

We have beaten Newcastle home and away, beaten Villa and have three draws and one defeat against Arsenal and City.  Then we have the Spurs game.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3954 on: April 14, 2024, 09:44:53 pm »
Is that true though.

We have beaten Newcastle home and away, beaten Villa and have three draws and one defeat against Arsenal and City.  Then we have the Spurs game.

I thought City had a worse record than us unless they count the win against Villa ?

Drew both with us, got 1/6 against Arsenal not beat Chelsea and drew with Spurs at home

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3955 on: April 14, 2024, 09:53:01 pm »
Is that true though.

He was right last week. ;D

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3956 on: April 14, 2024, 09:59:49 pm »
Ok.

I don’t know what you point is.

Palace aren’t shite. We should have still won though.

Palace are, they only won 8 games all season. They get rolled over most weeks.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3957 on: April 14, 2024, 10:01:12 pm »
The fourth title City may pip us to in 10 years.

The last decade would have been looked upon as an era of dominance/a dynasty for Liverpool, if not for the oil money. Quite shite really.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #3958 on: April 14, 2024, 10:04:13 pm »
The fourth title City may pip us to in 10 years.

The last decade would have been looked upon as an era of dominance/a dynasty for Liverpool, if not for the oil money. Quite shite really.

It’s cool though.

They still have 115 charges outstanding and radio silence from the media.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3959 on: April 14, 2024, 10:04:44 pm »

City could drop points. Unlikely but they could. But for that to happen they have to be put under pressure. At the moment they’re sat there with their feet up watching us and Arsenal stumble in games which weren’t even our hardest games left. Simply put we’re going to have to sweep the board and let them know they have to be perfect.

If you take each individual game, we should win it. That’s how the boys have to look at it.