Author Topic: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation  (Read 660861 times)

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation
« Reply #7920 on: April 3, 2024, 05:50:56 pm »
It's a bit daft to point out AVB's failure in the PL. If Amorin does take over he'll be taking over a different club, with different players, & a club that is steeped in a successful history that was achieved the right way. It's also a club where, thanks to Klopp, everyone is pulling in the same direction. I'm pretty sure AVB never had that luxury at Chelsea where arrogance seems to run right through the club.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7921 on: April 3, 2024, 05:51:58 pm »
Makes me laugh when some people try & say that Terry, Rio, & Vidic were all better than VVD. To shut them up I simply ask them what positive traits did they have that big Virg hasn't.

Let's see:

John Terry - full kit wanker
Rio - drugs cheat - and proponent of giving Ole a contract and whatever he wants
Vidic - grabbed Gerrard's balls for another red card.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #7922 on: April 3, 2024, 06:33:03 pm »
AVB’s failure at Chelsea and Spurs is a bit weird.

Spurs and Chelsea have far too many manager overlaps for teams that supposedly are rivals
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #7923 on: April 3, 2024, 07:08:31 pm »
Can we have a little guess game as to when the announcement of new manager will be made official? Let's do the exact day of the month. I'm going with May 1st.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7924 on: April 3, 2024, 07:11:05 pm »
Sporting's last league game is May 19th and they are also in the Cup final. It won;t be announced till after the Champions League final IMO.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #7925 on: April 3, 2024, 07:16:17 pm »
Sporting's last league game is May 19th and they are also in the Cup final. It won;t be announced till after the Champions League final IMO.

Definitely. It might be the worst kept secret in world football but there won't be an announcement

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7926 on: April 3, 2024, 07:17:09 pm »
Orny or Joycie might announce it though.   ;D

Offline Garlic Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #7927 on: April 3, 2024, 07:22:43 pm »
I thought it was already announced by reds memorabilia?

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7928 on: April 3, 2024, 07:59:39 pm »
Officially announced? Probably after all meaningful games have been played.

Unofficially announced? Depends on the definition, but I could see a reliable journalist breaking the news even this month if it is done, at the behest of the club, in order to calm down fervent speculation if it gets out of hand.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7930 on: April 3, 2024, 09:14:48 pm »

I don't see why they have to wait until then considering the Taca de Portugal final is on May 26th. I think we will find out soon after the final one way or another.

Offline calvin

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7931 on: April 3, 2024, 09:26:16 pm »
Interesting video showing Amorim's tactical setup and how it suits Liverpool's current squad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3zvf-O0XH4

Offline danm77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7932 on: April 3, 2024, 09:33:09 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZBeIF-Tsl8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZBeIF-Tsl8</a>
« Last Edit: April 3, 2024, 09:34:49 pm by danm77 »

Offline kiwiscouser

• Kopite
« Reply #7933 on: April 3, 2024, 09:43:57 pm »
Interesting video showing Amorim's tactical setup and how it suits Liverpool's current squad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3zvf-O0XH4

The only area that needs addressing with 3-4-3 is at the back and we would be needing more CB’s. Especially with Matip off contract. We would potentially need 2 more CB’s. The rest of the squad looks well suited to this formation with lots of good options.

Offline Oh Jimmy Jimmy

• Main Stander
« Reply #7934 on: April 3, 2024, 10:25:16 pm »
So this is the issue, why upset a side which has been one of the best teams in world football for the past six years by changing it’s system and hence  it’s personnel and roles.

We are not United currently , nor Liverpool in 04 or 15 when we needed Rafa and Jurgen to  come in and build a new side. We are more like us in 74 or 85 when Bob and Kenny came in and tweaked what was already working.

If Ruben just tweaks then great, but changing the system seems unnecessary.

Offline Garlic Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #7935 on: April 3, 2024, 10:37:23 pm »
For me it’s far more important we get the right man in the dugout than continue playing the same system/tactics that we have under Klopp.

Players can learn new systems (as can managers), players can take on different roles etc. as long as they believe in the man stood in the dugout. If he’s a winner and he inspires the lads, who gives a fuck whether it starts with a 3 or a 4?

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #7936 on: April 3, 2024, 10:39:23 pm »
The only area that needs addressing with 3-4-3 is at the back and we would be needing more CB’s. Especially with Matip off contract. We would potentially need 2 more CB’s. The rest of the squad looks well suited to this formation with lots of good options.

Van Den Berg back and buy Gonzalo Inacio.

Job done!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #7937 on: April 3, 2024, 10:40:38 pm »
So this is the issue, why upset a side which has been one of the best teams in world football for the past six years by changing it’s system and hence  it’s personnel and roles.

We are not United currently , nor Liverpool in 04 or 15 when we needed Rafa and Jurgen to  come in and build a new side. We are more like us in 74 or 85 when Bob and Kenny came in and tweaked what was already working.

The Klopp era will sadly be over. You have to move on, we have to move on.

Evolution yes, but the new manager brings his own broom. Twas ever thus my friend.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #7938 on: April 4, 2024, 06:53:14 am »

He plays with a back three so the system will change but the hope is it isn't a huge change because we pretty much do that already when the fullback inverts.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7939 on: April 4, 2024, 09:42:53 am »
He plays with a back three so the system will change but the hope is it isn't a huge change because we pretty much do that already when the fullback inverts.

Yeah. Inverting our RB makes the 433 look much closer to 343 in possession.

Change is no bad thing as look as we still play in a way that facilitates as many points as possible (level 3 football).

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7940 on: April 4, 2024, 10:39:01 am »

No one can do Klopps job better than him with the same resources so trying to replicate him is a bad idea, like watching a cover band

we have an excellent squad, some world class players and very good young players coming through, some new ideas and a fresh approach whilst keeping the same DNA:

-Proactive football
-Aggressive pressing
-High line at the back
-Using the full width of the pitch
-Developing and improving players through the academy

The particular formations can change with innovations

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7941 on: April 4, 2024, 11:07:47 am »

The Redmen TV thing the other day made the good point that he’s kind of tied to a back three because he has a rubbish keeper who doesn’t sweep. Having Alisson at the back (or Kelleher) massively opens up your options.

I doubt there will be any rush to overhaul the squad but we do need to bolster our centre back options anyway, regardless of who the next manager is and whatever formation they play.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7942 on: April 4, 2024, 11:09:44 am »
Yeah. Inverting our RB makes the 433 look much closer to 343 in possession.

Change is no bad thing as look as we still play in a way that facilitates as many points as possible (level 3 football).
Not sure that's really true when Robertson/Bradley for example still play as advanced as they do when we have Trent/Gomez move in to midfield.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7943 on: April 4, 2024, 02:09:50 pm »
The Redmen TV thing the other day made the good point that he’s kind of tied to a back three because he has a rubbish keeper who doesn’t sweep. Having Alisson at the back (or Kelleher) massively opens up your options.

I doubt there will be any rush to overhaul the squad but we do need to bolster our centre back options anyway, regardless of who the next manager is and whatever formation they play.

so he hasn’t always played with a back 3? where has he managed a team where he’s played a back 4?

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7944 on: April 4, 2024, 03:51:46 pm »
Conversations have taken place between Liverpool and Ruben Amorim. He is very much in the frame for the Liverpool job. [@David_Ornstein]

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7945 on: April 4, 2024, 04:09:14 pm »
David Ornstein

My most recent information is that he is very much the frame for Liverpool - not Barcelona - and conversations have taken place. But despite many on the outside suggesting he is the top target, I'm not sure that's the case internally - not because someone else is or he won't become that but because there isn't one while Liverpool continue with what will be a thorough process. Clearly Amorim is a wanted man and I definitely expect him to leave Sporting this summer. I hear the Premier League is his preference and we don't know for sure yet but there could well be multiple vacancies, so even if Liverpool do decide to go for him he will also need to decide if they are where he wants to go. Whoever takes Amorim will need to pay Sporting for his services; I've been told the figure this summer is €10m. Others have reported higher but whatever the precise figure it is a lot lower than it was when Chelsea spoke to him before appointing both Potter and then Pochettino. An additional point worth mentioning is that one of Amorim's key staff members is Paulo Barreira, who is an injury prevention / conditioning expert and used to work at Liverpool. If things do develop in the direction of Amorim to Liverpool, Barreira is probably someone to keep an eye on.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7946 on: April 4, 2024, 04:24:15 pm »
All of those "we've had our next manager lined up since November" theories fully in shambles then.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7947 on: April 4, 2024, 04:27:32 pm »
All of those "we've had our next manager lined up since November" theories fully in shambles then.

Yeah. And I imagine any talks are indirect via agents at the moment.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7948 on: April 4, 2024, 04:28:13 pm »
so he hasn’t always played with a back 3? where has he managed a team where he’s played a back 4?

No idea! I’ve not been following his career closely enough to answer that, but it doesn’t matter because the point was about what he might do in the future, not what he has done in the past.

If you’ve got a problem with that, take it up with Redmen TV.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7949 on: April 4, 2024, 04:35:23 pm »
Yeah I don't really get the fuss over Amorim playing a back 3. If he wants to do that here what's the issue?  If we wanted someone to continue closely to what we're doing now we'd appoint Pep. Even then he might decide to do something different.

He will have his own ideas and formation may be one of them. It's not like we don't have the players. I'd say we have a very adaptable core group of players that will hopefully be bolstered even more with ones that help new boss to be successful.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #7950 on: April 4, 2024, 04:38:00 pm »
David Ornstein

My most recent information is that he is very much the frame for Liverpool - not Barcelona - and conversations have taken place. But despite many on the outside suggesting he is the top target, I'm not sure that's the case internally - not because someone else is or he won't become that but because there isn't one while Liverpool continue with what will be a thorough process. Clearly Amorim is a wanted man and I definitely expect him to leave Sporting this summer. I hear the Premier League is his preference and we don't know for sure yet but there could well be multiple vacancies, so even if Liverpool do decide to go for him he will also need to decide if they are where he wants to go. Whoever takes Amorim will need to pay Sporting for his services; I've been told the figure this summer is €10m. Others have reported higher but whatever the precise figure it is a lot lower than it was when Chelsea spoke to him before appointing both Potter and then Pochettino. An additional point worth mentioning is that one of Amorim's key staff members is Paulo Barreira, who is an injury prevention / conditioning expert and used to work at Liverpool. If things do develop in the direction of Amorim to Liverpool, Barreira is probably someone to keep an eye on.

With Alonso out the picture and De Zerbi and presumably Ljinders ruled out, it's hard to see who else would be the top target.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7951 on: April 4, 2024, 04:44:23 pm »
With Alonso out the picture and De Zerbi and presumably Ljinders ruled out, it's hard to see who else would be the top target.

A few other names have been thrown around in here like Hoeness, Nagelsmann, possibly Slot? I don't know much about any of them though beyond Nagelsmann.

Offline petercormack

• Main Stander
« Reply #7952 on: April 4, 2024, 04:51:06 pm »

If Amorim was really adventurous, he could play 3 CB's by using the keeper as one of the CB's between VVD & 1 other CB.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7953 on: April 4, 2024, 04:56:07 pm »
A few other names have been thrown around in here like Hoeness, Nagelsmann, possibly Slot? I don't know much about any of them though beyond Nagelsmann.
Few articles saying Nagelsmann doesn’t fancy following on from Klopp.

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7954 on: April 4, 2024, 04:57:41 pm »

May I be the first to say 'yikes'.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7955 on: April 4, 2024, 05:13:12 pm »
Yeah this is done. Welcome Rubes.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7956 on: April 4, 2024, 05:27:44 pm »

Sounds like bullshit, ruling yourself out of a job on the grounds that you're a giant pussy pretty much rules you out of ever managing that club surely?

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #7957 on: April 4, 2024, 05:31:43 pm »
Sounds like bullshit, ruling yourself out of a job on the grounds that you're a giant pussy pretty much rules you out of ever managing that club surely?

Genuinely think that’s one of the reasons Alonso has knocked us back too. Too big of a task to follow on from Klopp or he’s assurances to take over the Madrid job the following summer.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7958 on: April 4, 2024, 05:38:21 pm »
Genuinely think that’s one of the reasons Alonso has knocked us back too. Too big of a task to follow on from Klopp or he’s assurances to take over the Madrid job the following summer.
or he feels a sense of loyalty to BL and its fans.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7959 on: April 4, 2024, 05:40:38 pm »

Well I hope so as I dont fancy him managing us either !