Author Topic: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation  (Read 508977 times)

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Re: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation
« Reply #5920 on: March 28, 2024, 09:45:06 pm »
Weekend ruined

Weekend has only just started and we have a title to win.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #5921 on: March 28, 2024, 09:45:57 pm »
Sounds like your boss wasn't talking shite then.

Wirtz staying at Leverkusen has been a pretty well known fact for a while to be honest though! No one expected him to leave this summer. He has made no suggestion he wants to. Plenty of time for him. Only reason people thought he’d leave was this assumption by fans of other teams, that the team would be broken up straight away.

Anyway, Alonso one more year at Leverkusen then off to Madrid I presume, with Wirtz in tow  ;D

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #5922 on: March 28, 2024, 09:46:08 pm »
Not this weekend, but it's a step toward it.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5923 on: March 28, 2024, 09:46:32 pm »
I'll be honest with you, maybe it is just the bad news but I don't think we get Amorim. I think the release clause scuppers it and he ends up at Chelsea or Barca

I think we end up with De Zerbi or, and I fear to say it, Ornstein keeps mentioning Frank having admirers in the club

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5924 on: March 28, 2024, 09:47:20 pm »
Weekend ruined

If this has ruined your weekend you’re in for one horrific Summer.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5925 on: March 28, 2024, 09:48:08 pm »
I'll be honest with you, maybe it is just the bad news but I don't think we get Amorim. I think the release clause scuppers it and he ends up at Chelsea or Barca

I think we end up with De Zerbi or, and I fear to say it, Ornstein keeps mentioning Frank having admirers in the club

Again, i dont think missing out on Amorim will be worth being disappointed about either.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #5926 on: March 28, 2024, 09:48:56 pm »
It will probably be Amorim.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #5927 on: March 28, 2024, 09:49:27 pm »
It will probably be Amorim.

And I'd be very happy with that.

Online Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5928 on: March 28, 2024, 09:49:43 pm »
As a fanbase we need to stop crying about players (or managers!) who do not want to be here. We’re Liverpool. Fuck them.

Offline Higgins79

• Legacy Fan
  • return of the king
« Reply #5929 on: March 28, 2024, 09:50:02 pm »
Just let Virg do it, he’s boss at everything else.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5930 on: March 28, 2024, 09:50:12 pm »

Don’t see why the release clause would put us off. Unlike most big clubs looking for a new manager, we’re not having to pay off our outgoing manager and his team. Also, any new manager is going to be on much lower wages than Klopp. If we think Amorim is the right guy (if) then paying what we paid for Endo shouldn’t be a big deal.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #5931 on: March 28, 2024, 09:50:20 pm »
As a fanbase we need to stop crying about players (or managers!) who do not want to be here. We’re Liverpool. Fuck them.

Don’t think anyone is to be honest

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #5932 on: March 28, 2024, 09:50:20 pm »

Some decent Brighton fans aren’t happy with De Zerbi.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5933 on: March 28, 2024, 09:50:22 pm »
Again, i dont think missing out on Amorim will be worth being disappointed about either.

If it means we end up with De Zerbi or that level then yeah.

If I a kid PS5 for Christmas and was told "we can't get that" and so he asks for a bike, they'd still be disappointed if they end up getting a cup and ball game

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5934 on: March 28, 2024, 09:51:00 pm »
Get me Thiago Alcantara as manager. Better midfielder than Xabi was too.

Online Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5935 on: March 28, 2024, 09:51:51 pm »
Don’t think anyone is to be honest
Read the last few pages then.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5936 on: March 28, 2024, 09:51:55 pm »

You’ll clearly be disappointed whoever comes in but there should definitely be some you prefer over others. If Amorim is our second choice and we don’t get him then the situation only gets worse.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5937 on: March 28, 2024, 09:52:04 pm »
Some decent Brighton fans aren’t happy with De Zerbi.

This season has been shite. The only reason why he isn't under more pressure is because big clubs are sniffing around, giving the perception that he is actually doing good this year

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #5938 on: March 28, 2024, 09:52:55 pm »
Read the last few pages then.

I have. Couple of people saying weekend ruined and the rest just moving on to the next speculation.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5939 on: March 28, 2024, 09:54:16 pm »
If it means we end up with De Zerbi or that level then yeah.

If I a kid PS5 for Christmas and was told "we can't get that" and so he asks for a bike, they'd still be disappointed if they end up getting a cup and ball game

If Amorim is the bike in this analogy then its still not apt because you know what you are getting with a bike and you either like it or not. We dont know what we are getting with Amorim.

The proper analogy would be people thinking Xabi was the PS5, Frank/Nagelsman/De Zerbi being the shite jumper that you know you hate and Amorim being the surprise present that they havent told you about.

Offline Mr Grieves

• at losing other mr, ending years of Broken Wings encores.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #5940 on: March 28, 2024, 09:54:49 pm »
This is like the Caicedo bid night in reverse.
Put the ball in the goddamn basket chief

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5941 on: March 28, 2024, 09:55:31 pm »
Don’t see why the release clause would put us off. Unlike most big clubs looking for a new manager, we’re not having to pay off our outgoing manager and his team. Also, any new manager is going to be on much lower wages than Klopp. If we think Amorim is the right guy (if) then paying what we paid for Endo shouldn’t be a big deal.

It's a big release clause for a manager, it's a lot of money for someone who is still very much a risk himself. We can kid ourselves that he is the perfect fit but he is working in Portugal. There have been other managers up and coming from there in the modern era, and only one has been a success so far. We have to accept it's a pretty big risk going for this manager, it's a leap of faith which could quite easily fall flat completely.

If we aren't fully sold on him, we may think it's better to get someone without spending much if anything at all

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5942 on: March 28, 2024, 09:55:44 pm »

:)
Wasn't being as dramatic as that. It's a blow but we'll get the right man I'm sure of it.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5943 on: March 28, 2024, 09:57:03 pm »

You’ll clearly be disappointed whoever comes in but there should definitely be some you prefer over others. If Amorim is our second choice and we don’t get him then the situation only gets worse.

I wont be that disappointed because again I really dont know what I am getting with Amorim and I am amazed people have been so invested in him. At least Alonso, who has his own issues, has done it in a league that we know somewhat.

The only manager I would be pissed off with is Nagelsman because on top of being an average manager, he is a prized twat as well. After that, is a collection of meh.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5944 on: March 28, 2024, 09:57:28 pm »
If Amorim is the bike in this analogy then its still not apt because you know what you are getting with a bike and you either like it or not. We dont know what we are getting with Amorim.

The proper analogy would be people thinking Xabi was the PS5, Frank/Nagelsman/De Zerbi being the shite jumper that you know you hate and Amorim being the surprise present that they havent told you about.

Fair. I'd guess I'd rather not knowing what it may be than the shite jumper I know will have us hovering between 6th and 4th.

At worst if Amorim is even worse than that and has us battling for 10th, we can at least then go for the shite jumper in pretty short order

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5945 on: March 28, 2024, 09:58:11 pm »
It's a big release clause for a manager, it's a lot of money for someone who is still very much a risk himself. We can kid ourselves that he is the perfect fit but he is working in Portugal. There have been other managers up and coming from there in the modern era, and only one has been a success so far. We have to accept it's a pretty big risk going for this manager, it's a leap of faith which could quite easily fall flat completely.

If we aren't fully sold on him, we may think it's better to get someone without spending much if anything at all

Thing is though, fans might feel it’s a punt - the club won’t. We’ve apparently been taking a very analytical approach to the manager recruitment, so if Amorim is regarded as the best gettable candidate then the club shouldn’t - and wouldn’t IMO - worry about paying what is a low sum of money for an individual who can have a bigger impact than any player.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #5946 on: March 28, 2024, 09:58:27 pm »
I'll take an exception to all that negativity after the announcement... I'm strangely at peace...

Not getting Alonso may be disappointing, I agree. But this is an ideal opportunity for our new structure to shine. I think it's great that we have laptop Eddie back, and certainly the numbers will play a big role in selecting a new manager. Ideal situation to take a pun on someone unknown but with potential - Ruben Amorim, Thiago Motta, whomever the stats identify. The new manager will have the best platform he can hope for, and the make-or-break opportunity for him will guarantee the maximum possible development of his potential. With the quality in the squad, I think CL spot will be easily achievable barring major injuries. What's to lose? We may not be a title challengers next season, but would that have been different with Alonso? It's a big unknown - new league, new tactics. 
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 10:00:46 pm by farawayred »
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5947 on: March 28, 2024, 09:58:59 pm »
Leverkusen are playing well but riding a wave of big luck at the moment anyway, lucky escape  ;D

Some lucky unbeaten run this. Were Guardiola's Bayern and Klopp's Dortmund lucky too?

Leverkusen - 35 and counting (2023-24)
Bayern - 32 (2013-14)
Dortmund - 31 (2011-12)

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5948 on: March 28, 2024, 09:59:34 pm »
Said it before but think it’ll be someone we don’t expect at all. FSG’s modus operandi is to find opportunity where others don’t see it.

As expected, the Alonso stuff was just standard 2+2 thinking from clueless journos. They have no idea what the club are thinking; rightly so.

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #5949 on: March 28, 2024, 10:00:33 pm »
It’ll be Nagelsmann. Pay the whopping release clause on Amorim or get Nagelsmann for free? I doubt there’s that much between them.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5950 on: March 28, 2024, 10:00:37 pm »
Fair. I'd guess I'd rather not knowing what it may be than the shite jumper I know will have us hovering between 6th and 4th.

At worst if Amorim is even worse than that and has us battling for 10th, we can at least then go for the shite jumper in pretty short order

Yep, the old choose in the box option.

I see why Amorim excites people. Lisbon is a hot house of football and it is impressive that he got Sporting to win the league. But his achievements end there and whilst he is challenging this season, seeing Porto barely get a kick in two games against Arsenal I question the quality of his rivals.

Offline ItzdoctorZ

• Main Stander
« Reply #5951 on: March 28, 2024, 10:01:03 pm »
This season has been shite. The only reason why he isn't under more pressure is because big clubs are sniffing around, giving the perception that he is actually doing good this year

They are only 4 points worse off than they were at this stage last season and this is while dealing with Europe and injuries.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #5952 on: March 28, 2024, 10:01:32 pm »
It’ll be Nagelsmann. Pay the whopping release clause on Amorim or get Nagelsmann for free? I doubt there’s that much between them.

Won’t be have a release clause with Germany ?

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5953 on: March 28, 2024, 10:01:44 pm »
Some lucky unbeaten run this. Were Guardiola's Bayern and Klopp's Dortmund lucky too?

Leverkusen - 35 and counting (2023-24)
Bayern - 32 (2013-14)
Dortmund - 31 (2011-12)

He's rejected us, get over him.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5954 on: March 28, 2024, 10:02:12 pm »

Contract up after Euros

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #5955 on: March 28, 2024, 10:02:27 pm »

Contract ends after the Euros

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #5956 on: March 28, 2024, 10:02:34 pm »
They are only 4 points worse off than they were at this stage last season and this is while dealing with Europe and injuries.

De Zerbi isn’t the answer.

He’s defensively naive for starters.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5957 on: March 28, 2024, 10:02:55 pm »
Said it before but think it’ll be someone we don’t expect at all. FSG’s modus operandi is to find opportunity where others don’t see it.

As expected, the Alonso stuff was just standard 2+2 thinking from clueless journos. They have no idea what the club are thinking; rightly so.

Klopp was famously a left field choice in 2015  ;)

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5958 on: March 28, 2024, 10:05:05 pm »

He was midtable then and he is midtable now

And he got embarrassed in Europe. No problem losing to Roma but 5-0, that's a massive red flag as a manager.

Feels like a Rodgers - he will play one way, and if it doesn't work you need to play it better or lose. We'll win nothing like that

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #5959 on: March 28, 2024, 10:05:54 pm »
I don’t like De Zerbis head.