Author Topic: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation  (Read 509266 times)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation
« Reply #5840 on: March 28, 2024, 09:11:34 pm »
Let’s wait and see bit this is why best not to all in on one manager (unless it’s Jurgen).

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5841 on: March 28, 2024, 09:11:54 pm »
Suggests that he wants to go to Madrid post Leverkusen.

Real Madrid are fast becoming one of the biggest pains in our arse in recent memory.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5842 on: March 28, 2024, 09:12:36 pm »
Interesting that this breaks at the same time Hoeness says exactly the same.

It’s either totally true (possible)

Or a ‘we do this behind the scenes and do nothing to distract BL’s title push’ message.

Time will tell which

We went through this when the Bellingham stuff broke last year. In the end, what was briefed to journos was accurate. I’d guess it’s the case here and we’ve moved away from Alonso having ascertained he doesn’t want to move clubs this summer.

At least we know early.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5843 on: March 28, 2024, 09:12:45 pm »
Well that’s upsetting. Alonso gave me some excitement post-Klopp. Now nothing.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #5844 on: March 28, 2024, 09:13:47 pm »
We went through this when the Bellingham stuff broke last year. In the end, what was briefed to journos was accurate. I’d guess it’s the case here and we’ve moved away from Alonso having ascertained he doesn’t want to move clubs this summer.

At least we know early.
Maybe. But there’s a while to go yet.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5845 on: March 28, 2024, 09:14:13 pm »
Or a ‘we do this behind the scenes and do nothing to distract BL’s title push’ message.

Feels to me like we're briefing the journos about it now so that people can get over the disappointment of not getting Xabi out of their systems now and get behind the new manager when he's eventually announced. Imagine people are still pining for Xabi in June and then we announce somebody else a few short days later? The more toxic areas of social media would be unbearable.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5846 on: March 28, 2024, 09:15:00 pm »
Fuck off Joyce. Weekend ruined.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5847 on: March 28, 2024, 09:15:46 pm »
Happy Easter!

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5848 on: March 28, 2024, 09:16:13 pm »
Feels to me like we're briefing the journos about it now so that people can get over the disappointment of not getting Xabi out of their systems now and get behind the new manager when he's eventually announced. Imagine people are still pining for Xabi in June and then we announce somebody else a few short days later? The more toxic areas of social media would be unbearable.

I think this is true. Feels very much like the Bellingham stories from last year. Do it early and get the frustrations out of the way early to avoid a backlash of negativity in the Summer.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #5849 on: March 28, 2024, 09:16:31 pm »
Oh well, that was fun while it lasted.
YWNA

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5850 on: March 28, 2024, 09:16:54 pm »
Won’t feel as bad twatting them in the final now.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #5851 on: March 28, 2024, 09:17:04 pm »
It does feel like the Bellingham saga indeed... But following Klopp would be big shoes to fill. When Shankly left, Paisley was there to step in from the boot room, but now the new boot room is gone with Kloppo. Any new manager would be a big gamble, even Rinus Michels and
Arrigo Sacchi in their prime. I can understand Alonso's take on this, if that was a big factor for him.

I think, as a minimum, the next coach should keep things steady while FSG reestablish the structure - recruitment and transfers, scouting, physios... We do lack in a few departments, especially the medical one. The club has very top players, but some would need replacement soon, some kids would need promotion. That, plus establishing a style (if different), should be the new manager's priority, IMO.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #5852 on: March 28, 2024, 09:17:21 pm »
Most likely, but then again I was all in for Amorim anyway.

I know nothing about him, therefore he’s the best ;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5853 on: March 28, 2024, 09:17:28 pm »
I’m perfectly ok with this.  Same as for any player, don’t want them if they don’t really want to be at Liverpool.  Good luck Xabi, see you in Dublin.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5854 on: March 28, 2024, 09:18:01 pm »
But wait, ballbag said he decides in 3-4 weeks, are we now saying he was lying?  :shocked

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5855 on: March 28, 2024, 09:18:04 pm »
Always a chance he comes next summer after de Zerbi gets sacked.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #5856 on: March 28, 2024, 09:18:16 pm »
The interesting thing is that everyone knows the Liverpool job doesn’t come up very often. We tend to give most managers a good 2-3 years. Hodgson is the only example in last 60-70 years where that hasn’t happened.

Alonso knows staying at Leverkusen probably kills his chance of going to Liverpool next - unless he intends to stay there for 2-3 more seasons.

Staying at Leverkusen for 12 more months doesn’t in alll likelihood kill your chances of getting Bayern or Real job next summer.

Respect Alonso’s decision but choosing to stay at Leverkusen is probably a good indicator that he doesn’t want/view Liverpool as his next job.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5857 on: March 28, 2024, 09:18:23 pm »
Happy Easter!
The new manager will probably be known by my Easter though (May 5). ;)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5858 on: March 28, 2024, 09:19:03 pm »
Its all downhill after Klopp anyway.

Online farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5859 on: March 28, 2024, 09:19:07 pm »
But wait, ballbag said he decides in 3-4 weeks, are we now saying he was lying?  :shocked
No. A few hours is still within 3-4 weeks. ;D

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5860 on: March 28, 2024, 09:20:42 pm »
Please. I do not ask for much but do not get De Zerbi, just do not do it.

On my knees here begging, id rather have a player manager.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #5861 on: March 28, 2024, 09:21:03 pm »
Even though I didn’t even know Amorim existed until about 3 weeks ago, I’ve always wanted him anyway.

Offline amir87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5862 on: March 28, 2024, 09:21:12 pm »
Won’t feel as bad twatting them in the final now.

Or seeing Moyes’ boys teaching them a footballing lesson.

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #5863 on: March 28, 2024, 09:21:48 pm »
It’s hard to blame him. As great a position as we’re in this isn’t an easy situation to come to, the league is by far the most difficult league in the world. If he wants to further develop, gain experience and hone his craft, we can’t be upset about that, he’s just about to finish his first full season of top level management.

Online Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5864 on: March 28, 2024, 09:22:09 pm »
I honestly don’t care. I had huge concerns he’d be twerking for Real Madrid after a few years anyway (never bought into the previous PR that he left because of Benitez/Barry). Amorim is a good choice.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5865 on: March 28, 2024, 09:22:40 pm »
I think he might end up regretting that - your stock can rise just as quickly as it can fall, and I'm getting big Leicester vibes from this Leverkusen season. They'll have their best players picked off, and even if they didn't, I think the odds of them replicating this season (unbeaten, title challengers) again next year are slim, not because I don't think Xabi is a good coach, but because teams never really disrupt the established order for long - someone bigger with more money will invariably return to the top of the pile soon, and it does feel like Leverkusen are riding a bit of a rare wave this season. If they finish 2nd or 3rd next season, 10-15 points behind Bayern, I'm not sure his job options will look quite as rosy - whether his preference is Liverpool, Bayern or Real Madrid.

I just cannot see it being De Zerbi - they started strong, but Brighton have 6 wins in their last 22 league games, and 3 of them were against sides in the relegation zone. I know they've had some injuries and have struggled to balance Europe etc, but that is horrific. He might be a very good coach, but we're talking about entirely different expectation levels.

Offline amir87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5866 on: March 28, 2024, 09:22:41 pm »
Please. I do not ask for much but do not get De Zerbi, just do not do it.

On my knees here begging, id rather have a player manager.

Good thing he’s got the legs of a toddler or you’d see him touching the This is Anfield sign on Sunday.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5867 on: March 28, 2024, 09:22:55 pm »

haven't seen that meme in a while ;D

Shame about Xabi. Looks like the succession plan at Madrid was always the priority. Hopefully everyone else rejects us and Jürgen just stays forever.

Thoughts with Rossi at this difficult time!!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 09:24:48 pm by alonsoisared »

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5868 on: March 28, 2024, 09:23:35 pm »
Not exactly nailed on we get Amorim is it? Surprised he's not been linked to Barca.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5869 on: March 28, 2024, 09:24:38 pm »
I thought this international break would be pivotal in the manager hunt. With Edwards and Hughes appointed, it made sense we’d be trying to make big progress on the managerial front while there were no games. We’ve obviously had the news from Alonso’s camp - I imagine we’ve also had a conversation with Amorim.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #5870 on: March 28, 2024, 09:25:46 pm »
Amorim will get it.

Not a chance we go near De Zerbi.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5871 on: March 28, 2024, 09:25:58 pm »
Just because he is staying doesn't mean he's waiting on Madrid. You can't really blame him for wanting to stay even if its a downer for us.

Online eddiedingle

• Kopite
« Reply #5872 on: March 28, 2024, 09:26:26 pm »
Never wanted the tax Dodger anyway   ;D

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #5873 on: March 28, 2024, 09:26:55 pm »
Anyone able to post the full Joyce/Bascombe pieces?

Offline amir87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5874 on: March 28, 2024, 09:27:18 pm »
He’s not even that good looking.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5875 on: March 28, 2024, 09:27:57 pm »
I think there’s a strong choice it ends up Nagelsmann to be honest. He was being heavily tipped for Dortmund and there have been reports he has other plans.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5876 on: March 28, 2024, 09:28:35 pm »
I've always thought Amorim was more handsome than people were giving him credit for.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5877 on: March 28, 2024, 09:29:23 pm »
I think there’s a strong choice it ends up Nagelsmann to be honest. He was being heavily tipped for Dortmund and there have been reports he has other plans.

He wouldnt be free to start until August which fucks up a lot of the pre season planning. Plus he is shite. Plus he is a proper bell end.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5878 on: March 28, 2024, 09:29:30 pm »
That's pretty disappointing but what can you do.

Amorim may be good, De Zerbi would be crap

It's the risk of someone who may or may not be good, and someone who would be thoroughly mediocre

Offline ItzdoctorZ

• Main Stander
« Reply #5879 on: March 28, 2024, 09:29:32 pm »
I had a feeling this would happen, and people called me a "rival fan" for being realistic.