Author Topic: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation  (Read 651304 times)

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Re: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation
« Reply #3040 on: February 12, 2024, 06:34:26 pm »
He might take the RM job, when Carlo goes.  Apart from that, I cannot see him going anywhere else, apart from the national side.  He wont be managing much into his 60s.

Klopp obviously wants to identify with his fanbase and build a team of hard working, level headed team players. He would have neither at Real Madrid. It’s just not his style. He can go wherever is right for him, not just because it’s the biggest job.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3041 on: February 12, 2024, 06:40:20 pm »
I have fiancee...she must be blind,deaf and stupid.  ;D

Chugging along towards marriage?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3042 on: February 12, 2024, 06:54:36 pm »
I have fiancee...she must be blind,deaf and stupid.  ;D
No comment.

(Poor girl. Can we start an appeal?)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #3043 on: February 12, 2024, 06:55:57 pm »
Granite Xhaka on the difference between Arteta and Xabi.  Pretty interesting perspective I think.

https://x.com/ebl2017/status/1756785334837202983?s=46&t=y23RiPPwSH1pH2fBPJGPjg

Interesting that where he says Xabi way of playing always wants his 2 midfielders to be sitting whether that’s in a back 4 or 5 so he’s clearly picked up bits from every manager he’s played under and came up with his own tactic. Rafa used to be the same where the 2 sitting wouldn’t really ever get ahead of the ball.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3044 on: February 12, 2024, 06:59:27 pm »
Chugging along towards marriage?

More like dragged...don;t tell her that please.
No comment.

(Poor girl. Can we start an appeal?)

Yer c*nt.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3045 on: February 12, 2024, 07:10:31 pm »
Oh and I believe that Klopp will manage Barcelona or Real Madrid very soon. Even from next season.

Concurrently with the German national team, no doubt. I've had this feeling for a while too - maybe he'll run for Chancellor of Germany too.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3046 on: February 12, 2024, 07:12:28 pm »
Honestly, if Klopp goes back into club management, I think the most likely destination for him is back to Dortmund. This may expose my ignorance as I haven't kept tabs on Dortmund too much this season, but it doesn't look like Edin Terzic is pulling up any trees.

Terzic's contract expires in June 2025, so Klopp taking a year out and going back there strikes me as very plausible.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3047 on: February 12, 2024, 07:14:29 pm »
Barcelona are the worst run and most in debt of all the big clubs in Europe. You'd have to be desperate or a mad man to go there.
But they've always been attractive regardless. Cruyff left Ajax when they were European champions to go there. Even Maradona went there when they weren't winning much.

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3048 on: February 12, 2024, 07:21:18 pm »
Jurgen will do precisely as he said! He will finish his time at LFC with everything he's got.

Then he will have a rest. He needs to replenish his resources and get off the treadmill of elite football, with all its demands, and taste a more 'normal' life. By all accounts he is having a house built in his homeland too. Good luck to him with all of that.

My best guess is that after a time out, he will take on the German national job. The house he is having built isn't too far from the HQ.

There's an outside chance Jurgen will get back into club management, and at that point who wouldn't want him? He is about as good as it gets, so any top club would be interested. But if I were a betting man, I think Jurgen's club days might be over. He will have a rest and then turn his considerable talent to the German job. It won't be as demanding in the day to day as running a top club, so he will have a bit more space to enjoy family life and grandkids too.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3049 on: February 12, 2024, 07:30:22 pm »
Carragher doing a bit on Leverkusen/Alonso on Monday night football at the moment

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3050 on: February 12, 2024, 07:33:55 pm »
Carragher doing a bit on Leverkusen/Alonso on Monday night football at the moment

Carragher should know better than speculating about the future manager. Are we going to have this every week now?

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3051 on: February 12, 2024, 07:37:47 pm »
Carragher should know better than speculating about the future manager. Are we going to have this every week now?

Yes, this is a massive story and will be constantly talked about for the rest of the season.  It'll be mentioned before, during, at halftime, and after every single one of our matches for the rest of the season.  Might as well get used to it. 

Online Buster Gonad

• Kopite
« Reply #3052 on: February 12, 2024, 07:43:56 pm »

Pretending he understands Xabis methods. Bless

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3053 on: February 12, 2024, 07:45:46 pm »
To be fair, he’s able just to pick up the phone and check with Xabi.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3054 on: February 12, 2024, 07:53:32 pm »
One of the worlds biggest sporting entities is having to replace an icon, during a title race. Come on now.

Two games a week until late May, soon. That will take more of the focus as we advance

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #3055 on: February 12, 2024, 07:55:40 pm »

I think for anyone that’s been involved in professional football, understanding the methods is the easy part. What Carragher does well is put those across on TV in a way that’s relatively easy for fans sitting at home to understand. I love analysis and deep dives into specific areas of the game but the reality is it doesn’t make for great TV given the relatively limited time they get on to cover a host of topics. Carra’s switched on, if you can see past the occasional blunder or difference in opinion, he’s one of the better pundits out there.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3056 on: February 12, 2024, 08:18:08 pm »
Carra’s switched on, if you can see past the occasional blunder or difference in opinion, he’s one of the better pundits out there.
::)
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3057 on: February 12, 2024, 08:27:37 pm »
I think for anyone that’s been involved in professional football, understanding the methods is the easy part. What Carragher does well is put those across on TV in a way that’s relatively easy for fans sitting at home to understand. I love analysis and deep dives into specific areas of the game but the reality is it doesn’t make for great TV given the relatively limited time they get on to cover a host of topics. Carra’s switched on, if you can see past the occasional blunder or difference in opinion, he’s one of the better pundits out there.

I find it very hard to believe that Carragher, or Neville, do any actual research into this shit themselves. They are just the face of what Sky and its analysts find/want to show.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3058 on: February 12, 2024, 08:52:19 pm »

The Bluenose is still advocating for Gerrard ;D

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3059 on: February 12, 2024, 09:05:15 pm »
Spurs telling everyone they're confident that we won't be taking Ange away from them is like my wife telling everyone she's confident that Beyoncé won't be taking me away from her. Which, for what it's worth, would be an adorable thing for her to tweet.

Speaking of Ange - did anyone else watch that Australian stream for the Burnley match? They kept showing an ad for package deals to see Spurs matches, simply because they're managed by "Aussie Ange." Is the nationality of a club's manager really enough of a draw to get someone on a 24hr flight?

Offline danm77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3060 on: February 12, 2024, 09:26:20 pm »
Cara talking about Alonso and Liverpool: https://youtu.be/6StsyjCqzm4?si=BmE9QXSrfxm_ASer

He did a section before this analysing how they set up using the Bayern game, not shown on this video.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3061 on: February 12, 2024, 09:39:15 pm »
Carra definitley been texting Xabi.  ;D

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3062 on: February 12, 2024, 09:47:56 pm »
Oh and I believe that Klopp will manage Barcelona or Real Madrid very soon. Even from next season.

I don't think Klopp would ever want to play against Real Madrid again. 

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3063 on: February 12, 2024, 09:49:11 pm »
Cara talking about Alonso and Liverpool: https://youtu.be/6StsyjCqzm4?si=BmE9QXSrfxm_ASer

He did a section before this analysing how they set up using the Bayern game, not shown on this video.

Interesting.  Be curious to see how often they play against compact low blocks and how they deal with it. 

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #3064 on: February 12, 2024, 10:09:47 pm »
I find it very hard to believe that Carragher, or Neville, do any actual research into this shit themselves. They are just the face of what Sky and its analysts find/want to show.

Each to their own and all that. I listened to his interview with Neil Jones on Neil’s YouTube channel a few months back, he’s always been into the media side and he talked quite a lot about getting into his media career and doing MNF. It all seemed pretty sincere to me. I’m not sure he’d have the audacity to be as outspoken as he is at times without doing some of the work.

I can’t stand Neville, he makes our games on Sky tedious viewing and he lets every inch of bias he has get in his way. Carragher’s a much better and more balanced pundit though, he does a much better job of talking about the game rather than pedalling narratives.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3065 on: February 12, 2024, 10:13:25 pm »
Granite Xhaka on the difference between Arteta and Xabi.  Pretty interesting perspective I think.

https://x.com/ebl2017/status/1756785334837202983?s=46&t=y23RiPPwSH1pH2fBPJGPjg

It is interesting. But even more interesting is that the lad's doing a bit of cabbying on the side.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3066 on: February 12, 2024, 10:20:18 pm »
Carra is a football nut, a true student of the game. He has an encyclopedic knowledge of past matches. I just wish that he (and Neville) stuck to match analysis and left the punditry to others.

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3067 on: February 12, 2024, 10:33:18 pm »

Do you actually have any idea of Klopp's character? Are you saying for nearly 9 years you haven't learnt a thing about him?

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3068 on: February 12, 2024, 10:44:46 pm »
Interesting that where he says Xabi way of playing always wants his 2 midfielders to be sitting whether that’s in a back 4 or 5 so he’s clearly picked up bits from every manager he’s played under and came up with his own tactic. Rafa used to be the same where the 2 sitting wouldn’t really ever get ahead of the ball.
Klopp ran double 6 his whole time at Liverpool in different ways at least role wise

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3069 on: February 12, 2024, 11:04:15 pm »
Klopp fundamentally likes to build sleeping giants back into giants. He doesn't like prima donnas or those who don't take things serious enough at the right times. He is the antithesis of Real Madrid or Barcelona.

If, and it's a big if, he goes back into club management, it will be to build up another sleeping giant. If AC Milan were as crap as they were a few years ago, that club would probably be his thinking, but as they have been winning more recently he probably wouldn't pick them. Plus his philosophy of football would have possibly less impact on Italian football than other places as they love to defend from the back and are solid in that Italian philosophy of football.

He will more than likely go to the German International scene and try to build the sleeping giants of International football as they are woeful at the moment.

He will be mainly at home, it won't be every day at the training ground. He can go watch some matches of up and coming footballers in Europe. Spend time with family and discovering new hobbies that he probably never knew he liked, kinda thing. Plus still be involved with football.

I really can't see him doing anything other than the Germany job.

Unless he went back to Mainz or Dortmund, but Klopp generally doesn't go back, he goes forward.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #3070 on: February 12, 2024, 11:43:50 pm »
To be fair, he’s able just to pick up the phone and check with Xabi.
Of course Xabi will have long admired Jamie precision long ball (hoofing) passing
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3071 on: February 13, 2024, 01:12:10 am »
For those of you on the Ange train...Mate.

Tottenham are extremely confident that Ange Postecoglou will not leave the club for Liverpool.

[@Matt_Law_DT]

Speaking on SEN’s The Run Home on Monday, host Andy Maher revealed a source with an extensive history of accurate mail on Postecoglou’s managerial movements had told him the former Socceroos coach had been invited to discuss his rumoured dream job with Liverpool.

“So, this is what I’ve received today (from my source) with a, ‘take it to the bank’, right,” Maher said.

“I’m not going to mention who it is (but the message reads), ‘Postecoglou’s manager Frank Trimboli has formally received ‘an invitation to discuss his potential interest in the Liverpool Football Club managerial position.’”

Maher explained his source had previously corrected informed him of Postecoglou’s moves to Yokohama F. Marinos in Japan and Celtic in the Scottish Premiership.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/02/12/take-it-to-the-bank-mahers-strong-mail-that-links-postecoglou-to-liverpool/
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3072 on: February 13, 2024, 01:26:44 am »
 :lmao :lmao :lmao

Sure mate. There's no wheels on the Ange train.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3073 on: February 13, 2024, 01:29:22 am »
So if Ange has received invitation  to discuss the job then I sure as hell know know Xabi and Amorim would;ve too.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3074 on: February 13, 2024, 01:36:02 am »

Well, if we’re worried about Everton getting relegated and depriving us of a rivalry, that’d be a sure fire way of creating a new one. Not sure I dislike Spurs enough to feel at all positive about the wave of fume that move would cause.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3075 on: February 13, 2024, 01:47:09 am »
It’s Xabi or nothing really, talk of Ange makes me know I’d fuck off watching almost altogether if that’s the downgrade we’d get from Klopp.

Might as well go for Gerrard and at least implode the club properly. Can’t imagine any world where someone like Ange who has done fuck all of note or even been inside any elite club would be contacted as Klopps successor, and that’s coming from someone who doesn’t think very much of FSG.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3076 on: February 13, 2024, 01:52:55 am »
Anyone other than Alonso would have to hit the ground running immediatley.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3077 on: February 13, 2024, 02:41:24 am »
I'd really love to be a fly on the wall for any interview we hold with Xabi, particularly since he's one of the few managers who I think wouldn't be straining to impress the...hiring committee? Board? Whatever? I imagine that they'll have a frank discussion about any desire he has to manage Real in the future, and that he'll answer honestly. If it seems like he'd be tempted away as early as the end of Ancelotti's reign, we should shake his hand and move on to another candidate. I'm going to be disappointed if he's not our next manager, but it'll be a lot worse if he comes here, does well, and then goes to Madrid after two seasons. Well, unless he wins two PL an CL titles in that time, I suppose.

Online Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3078 on: February 13, 2024, 03:09:00 am »

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."