Author Topic: Klopp leaving at end of the season * - keep your conspiracy theories to yourself  (Read 100869 times)

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Re: Klopp leaving at end of the season
« Reply #520 on: January 26, 2024, 11:46:24 am »
O

Of course, im just speculating as it's extremely weird timing.

Would you rather Klopp told you, or some dick head from the Daily Mail

Online mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #521 on: January 26, 2024, 11:46:29 am »
He wasn’t joking when he said her wouldn’t be part of a Liverpool fly on the wall documentary. You have to think they have someone lined up, especially with other coaches leaving aswell.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #522 on: January 26, 2024, 11:46:42 am »
Stuck on a work call which I need to hurry up and finish so I can have a good old ugly cry.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #523 on: January 26, 2024, 11:46:45 am »
He told the club in November but it being announced today indicates that we have a replacement lined up and it will be announced today.

That would be a lot to process! But in reality it does make sense, the longer the replacement gets left to announce or even be appointed the more speculation mounts and the circus will just continue (for want of a better word).

Fucking hell. I think we all knew it would be in the next couple of years, but when it hits you like this. Gutted.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #524 on: January 26, 2024, 11:47:04 am »
I think the timing is because of the News breaking in the last few days about the behind the scenes TV series.

Klopp is on record as saying if it happened he would leave. So it would almost certainly come up in a press conference and Klopp is just too honest to lie about it.
was thinking that myself but if that is the case wouldn't he say that was the reason for doing it. Sounds from his interview that he told the club he was stepping down in November.

It could be a coincidence but I'm sure it will come out if it was the reason
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #525 on: January 26, 2024, 11:47:11 am »
Shocked to hear this. Just feel sad right now knowing this is going to end.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: January 26, 2024, 11:47:22 am »
When the video came up on Twitter and started playing I genuinely thought he was going to announce he was signing a new deal so it was pretty devastating the turn it took

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #527 on: January 26, 2024, 11:47:32 am »
News Conference expected at 3pm

Is that legit or just people speculating? Or just the normal press conference for a weekend game?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: January 26, 2024, 11:47:32 am »
Thanks, tears started immediately.

Fucking hell.

I'm glad he's done that, it's good to hear it from him and helps to accept it. Now it's just about making sure we play our part in giving the team all the support so Kloppo gets a lovely send off in May.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #529 on: January 26, 2024, 11:47:41 am »
I cant take this in gutting news
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #530 on: January 26, 2024, 11:47:44 am »
I think the timing is because of the News breaking in the last few days about the behind the scenes TV series.

Klopp is on record as saying if it happened he would leave. So it would almost certainly come up in a press conference and Klopp is just too honest to lie about it.

Or maybe that talk has come about after he announced he would leave and the wheels have been put in motion for the documentary after Jurgen is gone.

Jurgen said he has lost the energy he wants to put in. I’ll believe him. he is an absolute role model and hero for all of us, in football and life.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: January 26, 2024, 11:47:54 am »
I've a bad feeling this has something to do with the club being bought out by the Qatar cartel and Jurgen refusing to work under them. If that's the case im done supporting this club.

Nah. A consortium led by Steven Gerrard is about to buy the club where he will become owner and manager, and it'll just be a massive coincidence that his money is coming from a Saudi investment company that is in no way related to the Saudi royal family, or Newcastle.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: January 26, 2024, 11:48:14 am »
Can't believe it.   :'(

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #533 on: January 26, 2024, 11:48:21 am »
The day that none of us ever wanted to see is here, gutted beyond belief  :'(
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #534 on: January 26, 2024, 11:48:26 am »
Cannot deal with this. Absolutely heartbroken.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #535 on: January 26, 2024, 11:48:31 am »
It isn't just Klopp, it is the change. And how everything relates to him. He's the root of it all. The players, the style, the work ethic, everything. It all changes. People don't process change well understandably.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: January 26, 2024, 11:48:40 am »
Personally devastated but having listened to his interview, completely understood and very respectful of his decision and the timing to make this public. Thank you so much Jurgen for everything that you have given to us fans and the club. Thank you for the absolute pride and joy that you gave to us after those many years of hurt

Wishing you all the best Jurgen. Let’s finish the season in style and then we shall celebrate you like no other club could. We shall give you the best send off ever and that is a promise …
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #537 on: January 26, 2024, 11:48:48 am »
Whats he achieved. I dont want to talk about it much because this is devestating and i almost dont want to think about a new manager but Alonso hasnt won anything.

What did Guardiola win when joining Barca? What did Mourinho win when joining Porto? What did Klopp win when joining Dortmund?

You look for the best manager. Not the best trophy winner.

If you looking for a trophy winner, who do you want? Zidane? Mourinho? That won't exactly work out.

Offline jj2005

• Kemlynite
« Reply #538 on: January 26, 2024, 11:48:52 am »
Is this how the rest of the country felt when the Queen died?

🤣🤣

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: January 26, 2024, 11:49:03 am »

You have to take Klopp at his word on this. He deserves that respect.

Plus it would be incredibly stupid to let the best manager in the world walk over some stupid documentary that no one will care about in 2 years.

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #540 on: January 26, 2024, 11:49:15 am »
Says in the Guardian piece that he told the owners in November. So wheels have been in motion for a replacement for at least 2 months.

You’d hope.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: January 26, 2024, 11:49:19 am »
Is that legit or just people speculating? Or just the normal press conference for a weekend game?
Legit, club announced it

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/3pm-gmt-watch-jurgen-klopp-press-conference-live

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #542 on: January 26, 2024, 11:49:22 am »
I've a bad feeling this has something to do with the club being bought out by the Qatar cartel and Jurgen refusing to work under them. If that's the case im done supporting this club.

You're just making up a scenario that would anger you. He's outlined the reason he's leaving. FSG will still own the club in a decades time.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Pie Eyed

• More like Eagle Eyed! Looking to sub Lfsea.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: January 26, 2024, 11:49:29 am »
Absolutely fucking heartbroken.
I don’t know what else to say, other than “Thank you”.
This feels like Kenny all over again.
Jürgen Klopp (26 June 2020)
"We were good 4 years ago.  We were really good 3 years ago.  We were unbelievably good last year.  And this year it is absolutely exceptional.  Second to none that I know."

King Kenny to Jürgen (25 June 2020):
"I think your Da' must've been on our side during the war, because you seem like a scouser to me." :D

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #544 on: January 26, 2024, 11:49:32 am »
I cant even start to say what I think

I am gutted

I have no other words
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #545 on: January 26, 2024, 11:49:42 am »
Devastated. Gutted. Thankful for the memories.

A mixture of emotions. I'm at a loss for words really.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: January 26, 2024, 11:50:02 am »
Oh dear Lord, I’m devastated.

We knew this day would come and dreaded it but to be sprung upon us like this is shocking. But if there is one man that deserves to do what he wants and how he wants it Jurgen, love the man to bits.. I’m heartbroken but respect his wishes.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 11:52:02 am by rawcusk8 »
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #547 on: January 26, 2024, 11:50:19 am »
He said he's having at least a year off, he thinks he won't like just sitting around, but he also said he's never had that in his life so he doesn't know.

Also said he'd never manage another club in the PL.

Didn't his wife persuade him to stay on last year.

I don't blame the guy at all, looks like an exhausting job.

Sad to see him leave but happy it is for the right reasons and am happy for the great memories

Shame Stevie just signed a new contract at his club (that is a joke by the way)

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: January 26, 2024, 11:50:28 am »
Sorry I did watch the interview. I understand all his reasonings but I’m surprised he didn’t push himself through to savour one last full season attacking on all fronts at the absolute highest level. Maybe bizarre was the wrong choice of word, but the end of his contract seemed a natural opportunity to part ways.

I’ll certainly be taking a lesser interest in things after Jurgen’s gone. It remains to be seen where my investment goes after that.

Klopp - "I've got nothing left to give."

SenorGarcia - "Give me more"
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: January 26, 2024, 11:50:35 am »
Shocked to hear this. Just feel sad right now knowing this is going to end.

Look at this way, would you rather he took us into a new season and then regretted it and walked away? This is best for everyone, the club can prepare and he's still in it 100%.

I know it's shit, but we have him until the end of the season, let's make it memorable.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #550 on: January 26, 2024, 11:50:40 am »
A couple of years into his reign, I watched a youtube of his final day at Dortmund and it was fucking devastating to watch. I knew one day it would happen here, no matter how long he stayed for. So I tried to come to terms with the fact it will happen, Im just glad its on a high, not on a whimper. Better to burn out than fade away when you're a great human being, let alone manager. I'm more sad about the character going than how we'll pay football again.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #551 on: January 26, 2024, 11:51:02 am »
Sorry I did watch the interview. I understand all his reasonings but I’m surprised he didn’t push himself through to savour one last full season attacking on all fronts at the absolute highest level. Maybe bizarre was the wrong choice of word, but the end of his contract seemed a natural opportunity to part ways.

He has done it all. The Barcelona game, winning all sorts of silverware, some of the most dramatic matches, great nights at Anfield. He doesn't NEED to keep pushing himself to experience stuff he already has experienced. That's basically what he's saying in the interview.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: January 26, 2024, 11:51:08 am »
De Zerbi would be my pick

Must be joking

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: January 26, 2024, 11:51:17 am »
I think that's end for me regarding football. Klopp and this liverpool team were the only thing keeping me interested.

The worst thing about it is that we didnt achieve what we deserved. We had great success but we were cheated out of more.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #554 on: January 26, 2024, 11:51:43 am »
I absolutely adore Klopp, but unfortunately this was going to happen one day.

The club have known since November and will have been working on a succession plan since then (if not before).

Im hoping its Xabi, Ancelotti has just signed an extension at Real so maybe they knew his preference ?

Klopp takes the German job after the Euros when Nagelsmann's contract is up?? All very easy this stuff isn't it ?

At the end of the day we are Liverpool FC and we move forward.

I just hope we build the great man a statue or name one of the other stands after him, he deserves it 

Danke Jurgen.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: January 26, 2024, 11:51:46 am »

Wolves @ home again on the Final day
Is it 3rd time lucky and Fate at hand here? 🏆🤞
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: January 26, 2024, 11:51:53 am »

Ah fuck, here we go. Was wondering how long it would take you  :butt
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: January 26, 2024, 11:52:05 am »
Was always going to be a horrible moment no matter when it was going to be announced.

Just grateful we've enjoyed some of the best moments ever with him and hopefully a few more to come.

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: January 26, 2024, 11:52:23 am »
Says in the Guardian piece that he told the owners in November. So wheels have been in motion for a replacement for at least 2 months.

They will have everything sorted on the replacement front already, sets in motion one big heave ho from everyone to make this season the best it possibly can be. Gonna be a special next 4 months, we should revel in it.

Offline Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #559 on: January 26, 2024, 11:52:31 am »
He'll be back in 3 years when we need a caretaker for 6 months when Stevie has won one game in 10 and we're in the relegation zone. Don't worry :D