Author Topic: Klopp leaving at end of the season * - keep your conspiracy theories to yourself  (Read 98373 times)

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
Re: Klopp leaving at end of the season
« Reply #320 on: January 26, 2024, 11:16:33 am »
Shocked. Maybe, like most of us, he’s just had enough of the way the game is going.
Strange timing to announce it tho.

I think when he says he's tired, he's probably had enough of the uneven playing field and shitty officials in England.

Can't blame him. He's worked miracles against a financially doped, serial cheating behemoth & the most incompetent/borderline biased set of referees in world football.

Such a shame he didn't get the trophy haul he deserved here. 

Offline PhiLFC#1

• The Messiah! He rawks amongst us
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #321 on: January 26, 2024, 11:16:44 am »
I've calmed down from this now, I'm gutted he couldn't give us that last 2 years but he wasn't going to be here forever and we have to survive afterwards.

We win the quadruples now (or at least a couple of them) and then we're left in a good position.

Xabi feels like the right one to take over as the new Paisley and continue Klopps work.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: January 26, 2024, 11:16:45 am »
Gutted

Best thing to happen to this club in my lifetime

I loved Ged, adored Rafa but Jurgen was something completely different…

He was made for this club…
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline Red Stag

• Boys Pen
« Reply #323 on: January 26, 2024, 11:17:05 am »
 Who can replace Jurgen?
But whoever it is, they have an amazing side to work with.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: January 26, 2024, 11:17:10 am »
Best manager in the world.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #325 on: January 26, 2024, 11:17:21 am »
Devastated and in shock but he clearly needs to take a break. 

All the best boss, thanks for the memories!

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #326 on: January 26, 2024, 11:17:35 am »
We bloody should, everyone would be happy with that

Jurgen wouldnt be happy with that, he's saying he just doesn't feel like he can do it. Putting that pressure on that he just comes back in two years doesn't really solve anything, he might not want to come back in two years.

Who knows? Kenny came back at 60. Maybe Jurgen does in the future. But he wants a break and he absolutely wouldnt want us to put the club on hold for him just in case he wanted to come back.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: January 26, 2024, 11:17:36 am »
He looks fucked in the interview to be honest - he needs a break - good luck to him
Jurgen YNWA

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: January 26, 2024, 11:17:39 am »
Choosing his replacement will be one of the most crucial decisions to get right in the modern history of the club.  He's leaving the team in pretty good shape, thankfully. 

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: January 26, 2024, 11:17:44 am »
Seems that the spark began last season, which will obviously have taken a huge amount out of him:
You could say that it was just the process of knowing he will have to revamp the squad and start all over again. That is a lot to deal with, even if it seemed like he was fully on board with 'Liverpool 2.0' in his mind I'm sure it's like have I really got it in me. May have just felt like the right time seeing so many of his long term players go. It's been a long time giving so much energy

Thank God that he has given us this season at least. It has been such a gift this season so far with the new and young players.

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #330 on: January 26, 2024, 11:17:59 am »
We had a similar shock 50yrs ago … just hope things work out as well this time around
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: January 26, 2024, 11:18:14 am »
The only candidates I can think of are Alonso and De Zerbi. I just feel like it might be a season too early for Alonso despite how well he is doing. I would hate to do a Chelsea-Potter on him.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: January 26, 2024, 11:18:14 am »
Gutted. We can all give Klopp the plaudits and tributes he deserves at the end of the season, but for now let's enjoy what we have and make the most of the next few months. Interesting the assistants are going too - no Boot Room-style succession this time.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: January 26, 2024, 11:18:19 am »
Yep. Nothing in football has ever got me close to tears but this is currently threatening it. Cant think about replacements. I almost dont want to.

Surely you cried when Hendo hugged Klopp in the final…
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline actwithoutwords

• postswithoutreading
  • Kopite
« Reply #334 on: January 26, 2024, 11:18:23 am »
Absolutely shook.

Compounded by the fact that it doesn't feel like we're in the best place to manage the transition. Lost a lot of key backroom staff and no stability at Sporting Director level.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: January 26, 2024, 11:18:28 am »
Can only think that the unfairness of the City situation plays into this. Why continue to waste energy when others cheat their way to beating you?

Yeah, and think of what he’s been through with his Mum and not being able to visit home at that time because of lockdowns etc.

He’s put the club over his own well being time and again. He’s missed out on a lot of life for our, and Dortmund’s, and Mainz’s benefit. Financially he probably doesn’t need to work, so why keep going back to the well?

I reckon he’ll miss it, but few people deserves to put their feet up, have a few Erdingers and spend time with his wife and family more than him.

Not sure we as a club will be enjoying life without him as much as he’ll enjoy life away from us, but that’s our club’s problem.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: January 26, 2024, 11:18:46 am »
Signing off with that interview asking not to make games about him has broken me.  :'(

Can't believe it.

Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: January 26, 2024, 11:18:47 am »
Well that is shite.

I suspect he'll end up managing Germany, slower pace, less taxing.

Obviously gutted, but we've got a few months to enjoy him and wish him well. I have no doubt he'll leave the club in a good place.

I'm almost as much concerned about having a good character in charge next as I am a competant manager. But Xabi Alonso surely the obvious candidate.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: January 26, 2024, 11:18:53 am »
Its OK, Gerrard is NOT getting the job ;D
;D Thank you. :wave

Today has echoes of Kenny going, completely out of the blue. The only person I can see, who gets the club and knows us, Alonso.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: January 26, 2024, 11:18:55 am »
What about a year off

Someone do something
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: January 26, 2024, 11:18:59 am »
So gutted.

Must be tiring dealing with the cheats and anti-Liverpool bias day in day out.

He's performed utter miracles under those circumstances.  Don't think I'll ever see another manager who can make so many signings work.

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #341 on: January 26, 2024, 11:19:01 am »
The replacement must be Xabi, surely? Bit of a gamble, but it seems so perfectly set up for him.

Must be Xabi. He has been speaking in recent months of his love for Liverpool and considers it his home more than Madrid.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #342 on: January 26, 2024, 11:19:07 am »
Yeah. As I posted upthread, we can't afford another fuck up like we had after Kenny went.

Once people get over the shock from this announcement we need to celebrate all that Klopp has done for us.

Yes to your first point - that is a very scary thought.

Definitely yes to your second point.
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #343 on: January 26, 2024, 11:19:09 am »
Stunned.

Really, really stunned.

Like everyone else, any Klopp news coming I was sure would be a contract extension.

But we have to respect his decision.

Respect him. Treasure him whilst he's still here. Then celebrate him.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #344 on: January 26, 2024, 11:19:13 am »
Devastated beyond belief. If he felt he needed to that's that I suppose.

What a legend of the club.
YNWA

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #345 on: January 26, 2024, 11:19:39 am »
Well this was a surprise.

Greatest manager I've seen in my 30 odd years supporting the club...and not just for Liverpool for any team
Has given us every trophy and carried himself with the integrity and values that fit the club. That 2 year period where we were ridiculously consistent in the league and won everything there was to win. Fuck. Me. Have you ever seen a more efficient team in your life?!?
Took on a bent team and won, took on EVERYONE and won - that's what this man did for us - and we witnessed it all, some of us lucky to see it in person too.

We won't see another like him again for a long time in all likelihood

Devastating news but was always going to happen one day.
Massive transition about to happen at the club, I just hope we have some sort of plan for this and the other key men that have left in the past couple years and will do with him.

Always felt he deserved to win more with us, and of course if it weren't for the cheats he would have, but he certainly did what he promised right from the start and more....
Hope whatever he chooses to do next he has fun with. Someone like him needs to be in a powerful position in football...but first he needs a nice long break with his family and friends and I'm glad he will have that.

Lets have a cracking finish to the season to send him off
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: January 26, 2024, 11:19:50 am »
I'm weirdly serene about this. I was expecting this announcement in 12 months and would certainly have preferred that extra 12 months. But one way or another this was coming and happily it is co-inciding with a young team coming to the boil and a highly viable candidate being available in the form of Alonso.

Klopp signing off with 4 more trophies sounds pretty damned good to me

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: January 26, 2024, 11:19:56 am »
I’ve convinced myself he’ll leave for a year, miss it, then come back.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #348 on: January 26, 2024, 11:20:06 am »
Jesus what a fucking thing to wake up to. No words can describe what I’m feeling.

Jesus I’m devastated. Why announce it now? Take the wind out of the of everything.

I don’t understand.

Not even had time to process it yet.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: January 26, 2024, 11:20:16 am »
Really couldn't careless about replacements. Can that be discussed in the future.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: January 26, 2024, 11:20:19 am »
This is news every Red hoped they wouldn't hear for at least another 3 years. Jurgen has built a new team, he has a solid base for success and has unrivalled support from any fanbase.
I hope it's not because him or a family member is ill and that the video he released does reflect that he is just tired and fed up with the demands.
The man has given us everything, absolutely fucking everything.

But I have to say, every week, every fucking week I do wonder how much the Refs and their decisions impact on his own enjoyment of the game. I might be way off target here but it can't help. Those c*nts take their toll.

We need to enjoy this man for a few more months and pray FSG take control of the situation very early. Identify the very best candidate and ensure he is ready to plan for next season before this one ends.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: January 26, 2024, 11:20:51 am »
It’s not even April 1st

Offline The Last Known Survivor

• Anny Roader
« Reply #352 on: January 26, 2024, 11:20:54 am »
The entire backroom team leaving too, that's the strangest part for me. Something happened to make them all walk, Matos and Pep are huge assets to the club too

Unless someone else is lined up and bringing their own assistant, pep is going his own way and wants matos with him as assistant. 🤷‍♂️

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #353 on: January 26, 2024, 11:20:54 am »
He looks fucked in the interview to be honest - he needs a break - good luck to him

He does. He looks knackered and he never really wanted to manage when he was too old either. I remember when he signed that new contract being amazed that he had done, so it's not altogether surprising for me.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: January 26, 2024, 11:20:54 am »
Must be Xabi. He has been speaking in recent months of his love for Liverpool and considers it his home more than Madrid.

Whats he achieved. I dont want to talk about it much because this is devestating and i almost dont want to think about a new manager but Alonso hasnt won anything.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: January 26, 2024, 11:21:03 am »
It's like when Bill Shankly retired

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: January 26, 2024, 11:21:08 am »
If the club has known since November I wonder if that includes the players?

Either way I imagine the club have been doing stuff in the background.

Klopp is just infectious though. He's just so genuine which is so rare. A great human

I mentioned this before. Hopefully, they've known since November and this hasn't come as a massive shock to them.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #357 on: January 26, 2024, 11:21:16 am »
Signing off with that interview asking not to make games about him has broken me.  :'(

Just reached that part. Same mate, just utterly broken now.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: January 26, 2024, 11:21:17 am »
This is news every Red hoped they wouldn't hear for at least another 3 years. Jurgen has built a new team, he has a solid base for success and has unrivalled support from any fanbase.
I hope it's not because him or a family member is ill and that the video he released does reflect that he is just tired and fed up with the demands.
The man has given us everything, absolutely fucking everything.

But I have to say, every week, every fucking week I do wonder how much the Refs and their decisions impact on his own enjoyment of the game. I might be way off target here but it can't help. Those c*nts take their toll.

We need to enjoy this man for a few more months and pray FSG take control of the situation very early. Identify the very best candidate and ensure he is ready to plan for next season before this one ends.

I can think of 115 other reasons taking their toll on Klopp

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: January 26, 2024, 11:21:17 am »
From the interview, it seems that the news was about to get out. He said he'd rather have waiting until the end of the season. I'm guessing a paper had it.