Author Topic: LEAGUE CUP SEMI - Liverpool 2 Jones 68, Gakpo 71 v Fulham 1 Willian 18'  (Read 13863 times)

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LEAGUE CUP SEMI - Liverpool 2 Jones 68, Gakpo 71 v Fulham 1 Willian 18'
« Reply #240 on: January 10, 2024, 10:24:07 pm »
As soon as Darwin and Gakpo came on, there was only one winner, before that we were toothless. Great performance by them two. Jones and Mac Allister played well second half too.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #241 on: January 10, 2024, 10:24:37 pm »
I’d rather have a competent referee, meself

Can't stand Coote but thought he was okay second half, didn't really notice him which is what you want from the ref. Could have gave the pen but I can't be arsed with all these handball pens anyway, i'd rather most weren't given, unless it's totally blatant and deliberate or on the line or whatever.

Taylor and Tierney are always horrendous. Taylor is the one out of the Manc cabal who occasionally gives us a big decision but every little one goes against us which makes the whole game infuriating.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #242 on: January 10, 2024, 10:25:19 pm »
I’d rather have a competent referee, meself

You aren’t going to get one. VAR or not.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: January 10, 2024, 10:26:03 pm »
Special mention for Bradley, brilliant tonight in a tough game

Yep, looked ace.

And given the number of players missing, overall that was a really strong performance.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #244 on: January 10, 2024, 10:27:25 pm »
In what way was it embarrassing? Most people were saying that we weren’t playing well and the stats back that up. Nobody was saying that we couldn’t win but it was a fact that we needed to up our game which we did……not sure why stating facts is embarrassing.
It was emabarrassing in the way it was expressed. Angry, loathsome, disrespectful shit- and not from children.. from people who should know better!

I'll call it like it is. It was a cesspool of kak!

Fucking hate the constant leap to defend shit behaviour- from adults nonetheless.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 10:29:36 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #245 on: January 10, 2024, 10:27:33 pm »
Kloppo talking the ear off of Owen Beck made me laugh. Like he just needed someone to listen to something really important that couldn’t wait.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: January 10, 2024, 10:27:40 pm »
As soon as Darwin and Gakpo came on, there was only one winner, before that we were toothless. Great performance by them two. Jones and Mac Allister played well second half too.

Thought we were all over them from the start of the second half and the goals were coming. The two subs did add the cutting edge.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: January 10, 2024, 10:27:47 pm »
Can't stand Coote but thought he was okay second half, didn't really notice him which is what you want from the ref. Could have gave the pen but I can't be arsed with all these handball pens anyway, i'd rather most weren't given, unless it's totally blatant and deliberate or on the line or whatever.

I despise Coote most days, but was a big fan of him making the Fulham medical team come on the pitch whilst the Fulham players tried to wave them away and making Perriera wait on the sidelines when he was clearly faking an injury. Wouldn't mind more of that from refs when blatant shithousery is occurring.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #248 on: January 10, 2024, 10:28:06 pm »
I knew going into the game Perreira was one of the top divers but man the way he started rolling around on the floor as if Tyson punched him in the mouth after a slight touch...wtaf!!

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #249 on: January 10, 2024, 10:29:13 pm »
Kloppo talking the ear off of Owen Beck made me laugh. Like he just needed someone to listen to something really important that couldn’t wait.
I feel that clip is going to replace that meme of the boy chatting up a girl in a nightclub.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline touchlineban

• Main Stander
  • Nothing Personal
« Reply #250 on: January 10, 2024, 10:30:26 pm »
MoTM : Curtis Jones.  Honourable Mentions : Bradley, Mac, Jota, Joe No-Goalmez (but one day eh lad?), Gakpo (slick finish) and came to life after his goal.  Nunez lively and bright, unlucky not to score.

First-Half too slow. 

Let Fulham get back at the edge of their own box... and then play a forward pass then, sideways, backwards... 3 minutes later, edge of their penalty area, out for a goal kick or break away.  Rinse and repeat.  Not a single save made by the time wasting git Leno.  We were nervy as hell at the back too (what the hell for?).

Second-Half much better.

Got down the sides a lot more, pushed them back a lot more, quicker and, well basically everything we weren't in the first half.  Fortunate with the goal (but hey, that's what happens when you shoot and don't mess around). 

But for the run of the ball going their way (near enough every bloody time) could've scored more.

Any luck, we'll have some more fire power back for the second leg.  But it's going to be tough.

Wembley?

:-X
"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit posting."

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: January 10, 2024, 10:31:06 pm »
Fulham will be very, very disappointed with the outcome of the game.

Mark Schwarzer

Former Fulham keeper on BBC Radio 5 Live

There was a 20-minute period in the second half where they had a couple of really big chances and could have, or really should have, taken advantage and made it two nil.

I was telling myself 'they are going to be made to pay for this,' particularly the chance for Bobby De Cordova-Reid. And they were made to pay.

Liverpool looked like they were out of ideas, and like they were a bit all over the place. The substitutions made all the difference. Who's to say they wouldn't have done that anyway and brought them back in the game [despite the chances].

On the flip side it was a good second half from Liverpool and could have been even better if it weren't for the Bernd Leno save from Darwin Nunez. That would

Don't know what game Schwarzer was watching on the Salford Beeb.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: January 10, 2024, 10:32:56 pm »

Is that who it was.  He looked terrified 😂

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #253 on: January 10, 2024, 10:34:19 pm »
I despise Coote most days, but was a big fan of him making the Fulham medical team come on the pitch whilst the Fulham players tried to wave them away and making Perriera wait on the sidelines when he was clearly faking an injury. Wouldn't mind more of that from refs when blatant shithousery is occurring.
Yep he drove me up the wall first half, but that’s exactly what’s needed when players are taking piss faking injuries
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: January 10, 2024, 10:34:35 pm »

4am kitchen vibes to it.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #255 on: January 10, 2024, 10:34:46 pm »
Let’s go there and timewaste from the very first minute and any sort of contact from the opposition we should start rolling around on the pitch wasting time.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: January 10, 2024, 10:34:48 pm »
I knew going into the game Perreira was one of the top divers but man the way he started rolling around on the floor as if Tyson punched him in the mouth after a slight touch...wtaf!!

He's a manc so stands to reason he's a faker.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: January 10, 2024, 10:35:42 pm »
Yep he drove me up the wall first half, but that’s exactly what’s needed when players are taking piss faking injuries

You can tell Perreira played for Man Utd can't you.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: January 10, 2024, 10:35:46 pm »
Let’s go there and timewaste from the very first minute and any sort of contact from the opposition we should start rolling around on the pitch wasting time.

The only tactic most teams in the league have against us at Anfield.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #259 on: January 10, 2024, 10:40:07 pm »
Right: and the calls for Virg to be subbed were all based on facts, not knee jerk reactions. It was way over the top. I think anyone would say that if they read it again while not foaming at the mouth.

The most annoying thing is that the tie should be dead. Now we will really have to turn up.

1 post in over 5 pages said that he should be subbed as he looked like he was still suffering from his sickness. One post mentioned taking him off but that was nothing to do with his performance and was about a sign that asked for his shirt.

There were more posts about Kelleher just because he couldn’t save a shot that came through VVD’s legs……..those posts were worse.

On the whole the half time thread was reasonable and reflected how we had played. It certainly wasn’t full of embarrassing posts.
#JFT97

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: January 10, 2024, 10:40:15 pm »
Pretty sure they mentioned at some point that Fulham had not been beaten when winning at half time this season. So with that many players out we did really well to battle back here. Although in truth we were the better team for the majority. Just lacked cutting edge first half

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: January 10, 2024, 10:41:30 pm »
Pretty sure they mentioned at some point that Fulham had not been beaten when winning at half time this season. So with that many players out we did really well to battle back here. Although in truth we were the better team for the majority. Just lacked cutting edge first half

They hadn’t been beaten when scoring first either.

To be fair that stat doesn’t catch the fact that they went ahead against us with 10 minutes left and lost. ;D

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #262 on: January 10, 2024, 10:42:45 pm »
Is that who it was.  He looked terrified 😂

;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: January 10, 2024, 10:44:24 pm »
;D

He's telling Owen that his wife was pisssed off he nearly lsot his wedding ring.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: January 10, 2024, 10:45:06 pm »
;D

Pep spinning round too, I didn't notice that bit 😂

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #265 on: January 10, 2024, 10:47:41 pm »

Beck giving it the classic Phil Neal "yes boss..........yes boss............yes boss"
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: January 10, 2024, 10:47:47 pm »
yes not much said about that, the commentator made no sense either when he said  something like, it can't be a penalty as he tried to head the ball, can't have penalties given for that!

I mean what the fuck was he on about, he got himself in a mess positionally, it hit him on his hand away from his body and it was miles from the ball too.

Clear penalty

Although i'm content for those not to be given, if it's at the other end Sky show that constantly and their whole after match coverage would be based around Fulham not getting a pen with Silva kicking off about how 'you never get those at Anfield' or 'it'd be given at the Kop end'.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: January 10, 2024, 10:50:40 pm »
Wasn’t it great seeing a goal go in and not worrying about if it was offside/foul/handball/Tierney/Taylor. Lovely.

I was still waiting for VAR to ruin the party for a second or two!
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: January 10, 2024, 10:54:08 pm »
;D

"You really, really should buy a Peloton. I swear by it. Feel my thighs."
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #269 on: January 10, 2024, 10:54:54 pm »
After a very ponderous first half, I thought we turned up well in the second even before the subs.

The Fulham goal was poor allround, 2-3 defensive mistakes and can't help but think Kelleher should have saved it?
Fulham were very deep, full of timewasting and as ever ignored by the ref.
Coote was shocking, every challenge on their players was a foul. I was right behind the hand ball and honestly have no idea how he didnt give it. I guess I dont understand what handball is. It also looked like the booking on Virgil was a joke. I am sure he feigned injury.

Nunez was electric when he game on, so unlucky not to score, Leno made a couple of great saves and one he knew little about.

Lets hope we have some more players back for the return to give us options.
Anyway will try and find it to watch back now!

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: January 10, 2024, 10:54:59 pm »
Pep spinning round too, I didn't notice that bit 😂
Yep probably thinking “poor Owen I know how this feels” 🤣

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: January 10, 2024, 10:56:03 pm »
I think eventually the plan is to replace the ‘VAR - No Goal’ thing which comes in the big screen with an updated version of that screensaver on Jurassic Park such says ‘nuh uh uh, you didn’t say the magic word’ but instead of it being that Denis fella photoshopped onto it it will be Paul Tierney’s head.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: January 10, 2024, 10:56:24 pm »
Beck giving it the classic Phil Neal "yes boss..........yes boss............yes boss"
🤣

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: January 10, 2024, 11:14:18 pm »
Can I be 'that guy' and suggest the penalty wasn't given because it deflected off his head and onto his arm? Pretty sure that's the rule now.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #275 on: January 10, 2024, 11:16:38 pm »
Loved that. We play so many games we just gotta expect some scrappy games here and there. all about the W. No mistake we got kicked pretty hard in this game too. hopefully we can handle them away now and that would be grand.

we are kinda screwed though. no way Trents renewing after he cant get back in.  ;D glorious! this kid man.

This result is based on Jurgen Klopp people skills magic i want people to understand. Who else could make that many rotations and all the subs and just still keep getting win's? Nobody comes even close to this team building thing he does. He's just got that in him and he loves it too loves the challenge of it all. So far the seasons a corker v expectations.

STILL cant believe the semis  are still 2 games for that matter.

Alright Jan without mo and endo and robbo and trent off to a good start.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: January 10, 2024, 11:20:35 pm »
Can I be 'that guy' and suggest the penalty wasn't given because it deflected off his head and onto his arm? Pretty sure that's the rule now.
Didn't touch his head, didn't it?

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
« Reply #277 on: January 10, 2024, 11:22:02 pm »

Yeah, I believe that is the rule.  But shouldn't apply here as I don't believe there's any angle showing it hitting his head.  I think it's straight into his arm (which is away from his body.)

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: January 10, 2024, 11:23:03 pm »
;D

Yer dad climbing in the back seat of the car to explain why Dire Straits are better than all modern music.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan