Author Topic: Formula 1 2024 season  (Read 38190 times)

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
Re: Formula 1 2024 season
« Reply #920 on: May 26, 2024, 04:14:08 pm »
I hate this circuit
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #921 on: May 26, 2024, 04:22:47 pm »
at least we had some new camera angles..to enjoy

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #922 on: May 26, 2024, 04:24:54 pm »
What a predictably shit race. Should have handed positions out based on qualifying and given everybody the weekend off.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #923 on: May 26, 2024, 04:26:45 pm »
The most boring race of the year, is over at last. Give up on this place F1, if you want to be taken seriously.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #924 on: May 26, 2024, 04:28:04 pm »
Well I'm glad leclerc won anyway.

Online sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #925 on: May 26, 2024, 04:30:06 pm »
Delighted for Leclerc and a nice little bit of history having the first ever Monegasque winner of Monaco
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #926 on: May 26, 2024, 04:30:15 pm »

Annoys me the way the commentators won’t acknowledge that passing is impossible and pretend that it’s exciting. Literally not one single overtake attempt in the top 7. Bin it off or water the track to make it a wet race.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #927 on: May 26, 2024, 04:47:08 pm »
Princess dead behind the eyes looking as happy as ever

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #928 on: May 26, 2024, 04:51:10 pm »
Ya got to soak the dignitaries there what the fuck are these young drivers at?
YNWA

Online sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #929 on: May 26, 2024, 04:52:46 pm »
Monaco is such a special podium, it was actually quite emotional seeing it and seeing how much it meant to Leclerc. Loved Prince Albert getting involved in the celebrations too.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #930 on: May 26, 2024, 06:17:49 pm »
One of the worst races I’ve ever seen, and yet, I found myself getting quite emotional at the end. I am so, so happy for Charles.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #931 on: May 26, 2024, 11:36:54 pm »
Indy 500 has been a fun race at halfway point.

Been stop start, going to a 9th restart after 114 laps.

Way more fun watching this than that procession in Monaco.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #932 on: May 26, 2024, 11:39:54 pm »
One of the worst races I’ve ever seen, and yet, I found myself getting quite emotional at the end. I am so, so happy for Charles.
Yep pretty much sums it up. The race was dull as fuck but pleased to see Leclerc get it done.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #933 on: May 27, 2024, 12:49:11 am »
McLaren's Pato O'ward leading on last lap and lost the lead on the 2nd to last corner!!

McLaren's Rossi came 3rd.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #934 on: May 27, 2024, 04:01:31 am »
Just finished watching. Get in!!  Boring as fuck race. Don't care, just made up for Charles after the luck he's had at Monaco.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #935 on: May 27, 2024, 12:07:12 pm »
Delighted for Leclerc, luckily a mate text me and told me not to bother with the race, said it was a snooze fest

I was out all day and usually avoid the spoilers then watch it on sunday night or monday morning. He saved me a few hours

I just ended up watching the youtube 8 minute clip. It said it all when
A- 3 of the 8 minutes was footage of the aborted start
B- 1 of the 8 minutes was the after race stuff
C- so basically all highlights of a 70 odd lap race could be mashed into 4 minutes
D- Coulthard basically laughing how boring it was and how an editor would struggle to find highlights of any length
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #936 on: May 27, 2024, 12:12:59 pm »
Monaco is Monaco.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #937 on: May 27, 2024, 01:16:38 pm »
Delighted for Leclerc, luckily a mate text me and told me not to bother with the race, said it was a snooze fest

I was out all day and usually avoid the spoilers then watch it on sunday night or monday morning. He saved me a few hours

I just ended up watching the youtube 8 minute clip. It said it all when
A- 3 of the 8 minutes was footage of the aborted start
B- 1 of the 8 minutes was the after race stuff
C- so basically all highlights of a 70 odd lap race could be mashed into 4 minutes
D- Coulthard basically laughing how boring it was and how an editor would struggle to find highlights of any length
I think there may have been 2 over takes both involving back markers in the whole race.

Monaco has always been difficult but 2 over takes in the race seems low even for Monaco. I don’t recall it being quite this difficult. I guess years ago some of the cars were a lot slower plus the size of the cars now makes it harder but is that it?
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online Lisan Al Gaib

• Anny Roader
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #938 on: May 27, 2024, 03:20:18 pm »
It's the size of the cars for sure. They had the Monaco classic a few weeks ago and Adrian Newey was able to overtake at the hairpin in the car he was driving. The cars are just too big for the road.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #939 on: May 27, 2024, 03:28:03 pm »
apparently the last time there was an overtake for the lead around monaco was in 1985.

I've not checked the factuality of that statement but it sounds believable.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #940 on: May 27, 2024, 03:33:21 pm »
apparently the last time there was an overtake for the lead around monaco was in 1985.

I've not checked the factuality of that statement but it sounds believable.
I remember hill overtaking alesi in 1996 but that was after he had switched from wets to dries and Alesi was still on wets on a near dry track so I guess that doesnt count

straw clutching

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #941 on: May 27, 2024, 06:50:54 pm »
I remember hill overtaking alesi in 1996 but that was after he had switched from wets to dries and Alesi was still on wets on a near dry track so I guess that doesnt count

straw clutching
Was that the year Olivier Panis won? I loved that result at the time but haven't watched it back since.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #942 on: May 28, 2024, 08:35:25 am »
Was that the year Olivier Panis won? I loved that result at the time but haven't watched it back since.
yes it was, mental race

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #943 on: May 28, 2024, 09:34:36 am »
96 Monaco race was amazing.

Schumacher getting Pole in that red bath was astonishing, then he matched it crashing pretty early in the race.

I remember being gutted about Alesi that race, more than when Hill had to retire.

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #944 on: May 28, 2024, 09:44:31 am »
Yeah Alesi just had no luck

Schumacher on pole was great, do you remember in qualifying he was so busy celebrating he didnt notice berger on a flying lap behind him and made him spin?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #945 on: May 28, 2024, 10:16:45 am »
It's the size of the cars for sure. They had the Monaco classic a few weeks ago and Adrian Newey was able to overtake at the hairpin in the car he was driving. The cars are just too big for the road.
they’re too big for Zandvoort too. That’s rubbish as a result
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #946 on: May 28, 2024, 11:07:44 am »
Monaco 96 was amazing, I was 10 when I watched that and i'd never seen anything quite like it.

The last few laps of Monaco 82 are amazing too, check it out if you've never seen it: https://youtu.be/L3_WOtyg9Dw?si=6IlMXHX2QMWOgZbi

Totally agree that the cars are too big for it. I'd be sad to lose it because I love the history. It's a rare case where you could show a driver from the 1920s the track and besides the altered Rascasse and added Swimming pool it's basically still recognizable. But I don't know how to solve it...  They'd have to being back refueling to shrink the cars I guess and I don't see that happening. The earlier suggestion someone made of removing the chicane and widening the run down to Tabac could be worth a go.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2024, 11:11:45 am by Slick_Beef »

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #947 on: May 28, 2024, 11:18:54 am »
they’re too big for Zandvoort too. That’s rubbish as a result

Zandvoort is a rubbish track no matter what car goes round it. If Max Verstappen wasn't a F1 champion it wouldn't even be a F2 standard track.

Monaco is there for sentimentality and to get the most A-list tier celebs on camera to show off the sport. It can throw up the occasional surprise which is nice but apart from that it's a nothing race. It's not going anywhere regardless on what happens to F1 cars

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #948 on: May 28, 2024, 11:27:50 am »
Did anyone see haaland driving round Monaco in his 2m dollar Ferrari?

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #949 on: May 28, 2024, 11:43:10 am »
Someone suggested that for Monaco, K-Mag should get 5 cars. Every time the race gets a bit dull, Magnusson comes along, shouts LEEERROOOY JEEENKINS and smacks into a couple of cars. Then during the red flag he heads back to the pits and hops into backup car 2. It'll keep everybody on their toes if nothing else.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #950 on: May 28, 2024, 11:43:33 am »
I thought the increased size/weight was due to the need for hybrid systems and all that. you'd have thought however that the big brains in and around f1 would be able to find a way around that.

they're too big and heavy in general but they have been for a number of years now. everyone knows that.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #951 on: May 28, 2024, 11:48:50 am »

I know a lot of people will have done on an F1 forum, but if you havn't been next to one, you'd be amazed by how massive these things are in real life.

Stood next to a replica Red Bull, full size of last seasons car, they are huge. WAY bigger than they look on TV. literally no chance to overtake on a circuit as narrow as Monaco.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #952 on: May 28, 2024, 12:04:34 pm »
They've been wider. But they're really long now too.

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #953 on: May 28, 2024, 12:29:09 pm »
Monaco 96 was amazing, I was 10 when I watched that and i'd never seen anything quite like it.

The last few laps of Monaco 82 are amazing too, check it out if you've never seen it: https://youtu.be/L3_WOtyg9Dw?si=6IlMXHX2QMWOgZbi

Totally agree that the cars are too big for it. I'd be sad to lose it because I love the history. It's a rare case where you could show a driver from the 1920s the track and besides the altered Rascasse and added Swimming pool it's basically still recognizable. But I don't know how to solve it...  They'd have to being back refueling to shrink the cars I guess and I don't see that happening. The earlier suggestion someone made of removing the chicane and widening the run down to Tabac could be worth a go.
that race end is just mad

Derek Daly seemed to be going around with no front or rear wing

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #954 on: May 28, 2024, 12:34:07 pm »

This sounds ridiculous but why don't they just regulate the amount of fuel they use, but just shrink the tanks to make the cars smaller so pit stops are a necessity.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #955 on: May 28, 2024, 01:00:54 pm »
Did anyone see haaland driving round Monaco in his 2m dollar Ferrari?

Bought for him by a company in Abu Dhabi apparently.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #956 on: May 28, 2024, 03:45:13 pm »
This sounds ridiculous but why don't they just regulate the amount of fuel they use, but just shrink the tanks to make the cars smaller so pit stops are a necessity.

Because the reason that they got rid of refueling in the first place was due to safety concerns, after fires in the pit lane with both cars and mechanics catching fire on occasion. In addition, it adds to the cost-cutting, so it's highly improbable that it will ever make a return.  Regardless, the modern f1 car size isn't due to the size of the fuel tank.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #957 on: May 28, 2024, 07:40:10 pm »
Because the reason that they got rid of refueling in the first place was due to safety concerns, after fires in the pit lane with both cars and mechanics catching fire on occasion. In addition, it adds to the cost-cutting, so it's highly improbable that it will ever make a return.  Regardless, the modern f1 car size isn't due to the size of the fuel tank.

Plus the fuel levels are regulated right now. Most teams operate at below minimum levels and either 'lift and coast' or pray for a safety car

Online Lisan Al Gaib

• Anny Roader
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #958 on: June 3, 2024, 12:08:26 pm »
Ocon to leave Alpine at the end of the season

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #959 on: June 3, 2024, 12:30:53 pm »
Look forward to not seeing him in Formula E soon