Author Topic: PL: Man City 1 v 1 Liverpool Haaland 27’ TAA 80’  (Read 27090 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: PL: Man City 1 v 1 Liverpool Haaland 27’ TAA 80’
« Reply #480 on: November 25, 2023, 04:09:52 pm »
Hopefully this link works. Nunez’s accent seems strange but it’s the audio from his incident with Pip.

https://x.com/biggies_maiis/status/1728429115395465219?s=61&t=eorAGzsWZO47dGCGb1qAqw

:lmao
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Jack Barrels

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #481 on: November 25, 2023, 04:11:10 pm »
Hopefully this link works. Nunez’s accent seems strange but it’s the audio from his incident with Pip.

https://x.com/biggies_maiis/status/1728429115395465219?s=61&t=eorAGzsWZO47dGCGb1qAqw

:lmao :lmao :lmao
Really thought Martin Kelly would make it.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #482 on: November 25, 2023, 04:11:59 pm »
We will win the entire thing. Have a nice weekend ...

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #483 on: November 25, 2023, 04:13:56 pm »

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #484 on: November 25, 2023, 04:19:39 pm »
Given you do this with every injury and get it wrong every time i'm hopeful it won't be as long as that.

2 minutes after the game's over, Dr. Tepid comes in with the diagnosis. Looks like we're going to have to pull the plug on the life support, there's nothing we can do.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: November 25, 2023, 04:24:53 pm »
Serves people right for listening. Watched the match today on my illegal stream Spanish comms. The odd time I'm stuck and get a sky stream it's sound off.

Why do people even listen to these idiots? Who cares what they think or say? They just annoy you with their unimportant, boring, incorrect waffling. Why get upset by them when it's far better to not listen to them or read their guff?
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #486 on: November 25, 2023, 04:28:39 pm »

Jürgen Klopp on the post-match 'altercation' between Darwin Nunez and Guardiola:

"I was not involved... surprisingly!

"I did not understand a word! It's emotional. Pep wants to win, we want to win!"

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: November 25, 2023, 04:29:27 pm »
That was an excellent performance. Very few teams go to City and impose themselves and create as many chances as that. Definitely did not deserve to lose.

Incredible goal and celebration from Trent!!!
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: November 25, 2023, 04:32:37 pm »
That was an excellent performance. Very few teams go to City and impose themselves and create as many chances as that. Definitely did not deserve to lose.

Incredible goal and celebration from Trent!!!

the best bit of that celebration was Darwin’s reaction and nod and smirk at the cheats fans.

He’s a right little shit stirrer :lmao.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #489 on: November 25, 2023, 04:34:10 pm »
the best bit of that celebration was Darwin’s reaction and nod and smirk at the cheats fans.

But he's our shit stirrer.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline lfcthekop

• knows how to inbed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: November 25, 2023, 04:34:55 pm »

Brilliant hahaha ;D

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: November 25, 2023, 04:36:28 pm »
Thought the Endo and Elliot subs didn’t work, but otherwise decent performance. Point away at the Etihad is good work
Elliots did I though, but agree on the Endo one. Not even particularly to do with his performance (although going from running around all over and picking up a yellow immediately, to dropping off too close to our CBs and not offering enough pressure was not good).

The issue was we were trying to play the game out smartly, and only looking to attack if the situation was right. But Alli Matip Trent Tsimi and another higher up I can't remember all opted to take on riskier passes as opposed to looking for Endo as we had been playing out all game. In one case it led to an interception and then our foul on the corner of the box, on another Alli got hurt. It's a tough ask coming into a game cold against the best possession team in the league, and it's not really a reflection on his performance. More on the decisions of his teammates, who to me look like they don't want to entrust him with the ball in situtations they would trust most of the rest of our players.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #492 on: November 25, 2023, 04:41:37 pm »
Like the majority, I’m chuffed with the point. Let’s be honest, they are very well drilled and in the first half, won just about every second ball.

We were better at times in the second half, and we did create chances in both halves, but they have 11 players with an excellent first touch, and comfortable in tight spaces; we have a handful who don’t really fit that description. That’s not a criticism given the respective resources, just an observation.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: November 25, 2023, 04:41:40 pm »
Just wanted to besides being cheaters off the pitch the amount of moaning and whining City do is an absolute embarrassment to their club. Every single throw in, corner, freekick arms in the air crying like babies.  :wanker
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: November 25, 2023, 04:44:18 pm »

Every great team needs that little bit of snide and im not talking the Fernandes type of pretending to be injured and chasing the ref around the pitch bitching but that little bit of wind up merchant that throws the other team off their game. Love to see it.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: November 25, 2023, 04:44:24 pm »
Thought we were better in the first half to be honest, but we held on and took advantage of the chance.

The reaction broadly speaking has been strange. I never thought we would go there and control the game. We just had to keep our nerve, which we did.

Trent said we were better 2nd half which was wild. Absolutely no way that’s true.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: November 25, 2023, 04:44:48 pm »
Just wanted to besides being cheaters off the pitch the amount of moaning and whining City do is an absolute embarrassment to their club. Every single throw in, corner, freekick arms in the air crying like babies.  :wanker
the way they surrounded the ref around their 'handball' call was pure cheating - the kind of thing that an association trying to improve fair play should be coming down on. not one of them was being honest or sincere

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #497 on: November 25, 2023, 04:45:51 pm »

Absolutely brilliant. Those City fans are one ugly bunch of Brexit voting twats.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #498 on: November 25, 2023, 04:48:54 pm »
Also, City are such a boring side to watch. Their whole strategy is built around sucking the fun out of the game.

Some people used to say the same about Barcelona in their prime. I don't get it myself. They're an incredible team to watch, regardless of the shenanigans off the field.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #499 on: November 25, 2023, 04:51:27 pm »
Absolutely brilliant. Those City fans are one ugly bunch of Brexit voting twats.

Manchester voted remain, no?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: November 25, 2023, 04:54:16 pm »
Wonder if the Nunez Guardiola thing was about when that knobhead celebrated in front of him and Tsimikas (and forced that odd handshake like a weirdo)

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #501 on: November 25, 2023, 04:56:02 pm »
Toughest fixture of the season out of the way, with a point in the bag. Wierdly lethargic game at times, not just because of the 12:30 KO (although I'm sure that didn't help) but Guardiola seemed to have them hanging back a bit in defence, which is a pretty big compliment to us. We hung in there despite being on the backfoot for much of the second half, and Trent's finish was boss. I'm happy with that.

Personally I'd have been fuming if our goal was disallowed like that, but I guess the games just soft now.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: November 25, 2023, 04:57:22 pm »
Wonder if the Nunez Guardiola thing was about when that knobhead celebrated in front of him and Tsimikas (and forced that odd handshake like a weirdo)

that was the lesser spotted Arthur who was in the middle of that.

I guess we’ll never know, Kloppo had no clue what it was about and he was right there  :P

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: November 25, 2023, 05:05:55 pm »
that was the lesser spotted Arthur who was in the middle of that.

I guess we’ll never know, Kloppo had no clue what it was about and he was right there  :P
Ah thanks for the correction - got the right continent!

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
« Reply #504 on: November 25, 2023, 05:08:43 pm »
Just taken two points off the biggest asterisk in world football so let’s be happy. If anyone wants to talk about today’s tactics I’m all ears. If you’d rather talk about VAR, soap opera altercations etc then I’ll toddle off to the Dull Men Club on Facebook thanks.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: November 25, 2023, 05:14:41 pm »
Pretty funny that Sky didn’t get their thriller they were hyping up. That’s what you get when you put this fixture as a 12:30 kick off after an international break. Shite atmosphere too.

Was the police rather than Sky who put it on at this time. Sucked the life out of it. Could hear a lawnmower or airplane circling for the first twenty minutes of the second half. Maybe worked in our advantage, because City did not put the foot down when they were ahead.

Great point today, Trent was brilliant. Alisson had an awful game by his standards. Tsimikas stood up really well.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #506 on: November 25, 2023, 05:17:30 pm »

Cross out more from that sentence and I think he’s got it
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: November 25, 2023, 05:17:36 pm »
Some people used to say the same about Barcelona in their prime. I don't get it myself. They're an incredible team to watch, regardless of the shenanigans off the field.

Yeah, have to agree, they're absolutely phenomenal on the ball and their defenders do a great job in their one on ones. And then Haaland and Bernardo.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #508 on: November 25, 2023, 05:25:10 pm »
the way they surrounded the ref around their 'handball' call was pure cheating - the kind of thing that an association trying to improve fair play should be coming down on. not one of them was being honest or sincere

Trying to push Allison over the line was blatant cheating as well and deserved a yellow.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: November 25, 2023, 05:25:33 pm »

Apparently it started because Pep told Darwin he 'running like lady'.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #510 on: November 25, 2023, 05:27:48 pm »
Pretty funny that Sky didn’t get their thriller they were hyping up. That’s what you get when you put this fixture as a 12:30 kick off after an international break. Shite atmosphere too.

12:30 game is shit just about every week. City-Chelsea would have been the same at that time. At least it took the sting out the atmosphere.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #511 on: November 25, 2023, 05:29:47 pm »
Any word yet on why there were 8 minutes added time for a game with no major stoppages, VAR decisions or hold ups? Or just the standard "Liverpool are looking like getting a good result"?

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #512 on: November 25, 2023, 05:33:05 pm »
Decent enough result, but errors cost us, both attacking and defending. It's very fine margins at this level, but the way we dealt with Allison's slipped clearance was really poor. Then when Nunez got played through be made a complete meal of it. Two moments, either of which could have turned 1 point into 3.

The goals were both clinical and how you take your chances in games like that.

Still, I'm snapping your hand off for a draw there, so we must have done alight on balance! We look solid again and go into these games with no fear.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #513 on: November 25, 2023, 05:35:03 pm »
Is it just me or is City crying for everything so freaking tiresome? Ball hits a thigh in the var era and rodri cry's for hand ball. Every corner every throw, they are literally taught to cry for everything. Their own man goes down holding his head and they cry. everybody claims but these guys crowd the ref in swarms with the crocodile tears over clearly incorrect . 

seems to me they dont have enough players to last the season at the top in all comps either. We made 5 subs in this game they made none. even when the juicing program reaches peak in March as planned i think hope and kind of expect injuries and complacency are going to eat these guys alive. fingers crossed.

Point being this could turn out to be very good point.

Their fans are spewing about being robbed. Talk about irony.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: November 25, 2023, 05:36:24 pm »
Trent said we were better 2nd half which was wild. Absolutely no way that’s true.
;D

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #515 on: November 25, 2023, 05:43:29 pm »
Just taken two points off the biggest asterisk in world football so let’s be happy. If anyone wants to talk about today’s tactics I’m all ears. If you’d rather talk about VAR, soap opera altercations etc then I’ll toddle off to the Dull Men Club on Facebook thanks.

I'm with you bro
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #516 on: November 25, 2023, 05:45:32 pm »
Manchester voted remain, no?

Awaiting the Ward breakdowns from Fromola before I can really pass judgement.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: November 25, 2023, 05:46:23 pm »

:lmao
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #518 on: November 25, 2023, 05:50:21 pm »
Good result red men. Hardest game over with. Them, spurs, Newcastle and Chelsea all got to come to Anfield. With the Darwin incident, it just means he will remember it when we face them next year at home.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #519 on: November 25, 2023, 05:52:02 pm »
We did well, really the game was pretty even. They were slightly better but a draw was fair which is obv fantastic for us away from home … and we’re still such a young team

Mac was excellent again - I’m mentioning this because a lot of people seem to not watch him or judge footballers entirely on how quick they are. He did a phenomenal job of keeping it under pressure especially in the first half against the best press in world football

As a side note I’m really not sure about our set up vs them - every time our 6 gets disconnected from the 8s because of how they press - would love to see us play with a 2 vs them (and literally only them)

And shout out to Joel who hasn’t been discussed much but was outstanding and probably our mom  (Rodri was the best player on the pitch)

Oh and the ref was good by the way … which was odd considering the geniuses pre match were telling me it was rigged